Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Depression

Hey does anyoen know any good supps for depression? Its like many times I feel depressed and maybe someone can help me with that.

Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

how bad is your depression?? I have read studies that fish oil can help, and I believe ginko biloba is a staple( not 100% sure). If its bad, I know going on meds suck but it can help a whole lot.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.89%

Therapy.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Cinn View Post
    Therapy.
    Cognitive behavior therapy would be a good choice.

As far as supplements that have been proven to have anti-depressent properties,I would suggest fish oil and Enova at two tablespoonfuls of each daily.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Oh ok I will get some fish oil at the vitamin shoppe. Now doesit matter if it is pills or liquid and the enova what sthat. Thanx a lot guys yeah it sux to be depressed it reallydoes.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.18%

Do you have mood problems? Stress problems? Elaborate...
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

L-Tryptophan = really good for depression. Rhodiola and Bacopa help with my mood a lot. Get adequate B-Vitamins. If you have money to burn, EndoAMP (phosphatadylserine) is about the best thing ever for getting rid of stress. As suggested Fish Oil is good stuff as well, but is very subtle.

Don't give up man; it can sometimes take a while, but will get better.
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I wouldn't want to self medicate with supplements for depression.

I would suggest you see a Dr about it.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    I wouldn't want to self medicate with supplements for depression.

I would suggest you see a Dr about it.
    good advice crowler. depression is nothing to mess around with depending on its severity
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Talk to a doc before risking making yourself worse. Depression is a serious thing.

11. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Yeah it is a serious one. But I been out of the gym for a long time and that may have an effect on me. When I did go to the gym I was in great shape had a lot of energy and most importantly I was stronger then. Now I gained weight lol but now learnning from all of you about positive things to do to get back in the working out mode and im rdy. L-tryp like u all mention I will get some 5-htp. Oh speaking of which I am on ECA and on CKD so at night what is a good fat burner just for nighttime when I go to sleep any suggest. thanks a lot for all your help im new here and I really think this place rocks.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47%

i'd rather take counselling man.
    Although depression is likely to be chemical related, i'd still keep it as a last resort.

If you have a reliable doctor, i'd suggest you see the doc first.
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Gotta get to the root of the problem: why are you depressed?

If you mask it with meds or supps, it will jsut come back to haunt you.

It's like having a sore shoulder, and just popping some tylenol everyday or pain meds. It's better to tackle the problem at the root.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

I think its just the way my body is honestly. But again I stoped working out for a while now maybe 6 months so getting back into the groove. When I did workout realeasing alot of those "feel good" hormones thats when I was a lot better so I am now doing ckd and training so I am hoping to get back into the groove asap. Now I used to be in ketogenic mode so trying to get back in it. All I hoep for is to move my ass to get the job done. But I have some 5-htp and will use that for many of you alls suggestions. I have some st. Johns. Wort somewhere cant find the dang on thing. I heard Kava Kava is good but I heard it makes u drowsy lol.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Talk to a doc before risking making yourself worse. Depression is a serious thing.

i have to agree with the hawk on this one - however i have friends who used 5-http sucessfully to replace prescribed medications for depression.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Well see I did and years ago I was on this thing called something formin I cant recall I believe it was maybe a SSRI I dunno lol. But that made me feel like a zombie for some reason so my doc took me off it. Plus it reacted bad to many of the foods I ate so. But its mild and not to the point where I drink my butt off or have sucicdal thoughts. I try to have more positive thoughts like getting huge and apply them. Cardio and proper weight training right now is my weapon against it. I will honestly say at times its hard to fight but lol I think thats when i pull up some Jay Cutler stuff or something to motivate me you know. But as far as the doc I don't have insurance anymore. I cannot afford a doc at the momment so as you can see I am trying to fight it with my diet,cardio,excercise. But I mean something to thro in the mix to feeling good you know won't hurt.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.38%

hey man go get yourself some help. i too suffer/suffered from depression anxiety issues. i was MISERABLE this past year. Talking with a Doc really helped me get to the root of the problem. Meds can only do so much. they can help you get to the place you need to think clear and realize your issues. i highly recommend talking with a Dr. I know it helped me out alot. Good luck man.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Thnx Jrod and everyone else I appreciate all the help. I know its not a fun subject and im sure who all suffered from it knows its not a fun situation. Right now I can only rely on myself for the momment before I can get medicaid and get help. But so far bodybuilding makes me happy so I want to keep it going as much as I can. Until then Ima keep slappin the beef on! Thnx to all most appreciated.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.85%

Rhodiola rosea works well for me.So does holy basil. I rotate back and forth between these two, on a monthly basis , taking them first thing in the morning.Then I take St. John's after dinner.

Bacopa is a nice addition for a focused calm.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

I figured St. Johns Wort should be of help. I also read somewhere thats one of the ingredients on Przac or Zoloft or one of them.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

I really depends on your kind of depression, do you feel down or anxious?

Personally I self medicated with lexapro simply because it is the safest SSRI with the lowest incidents of side effects. Have been on in for a couple years and it works well.

For anxiety I will add phenibut before a meeting or its distant cousin (which isn't board appropriate).

For motivation various stims are great but not ephedrine so much. Really what matter more is contantly changing them up.

I would avoid Relora simply because coming off of it is BAD.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.36%

dude I go through the same thing if I've been out of the gym for a while I get real bad mood swings and sometimes just feel well depressed you know what I mean exercise for me is just a release and getting in shape can do wonders for your mood/confidence the university of florida did a study on depression related to exercise and found that by exercising daily those who are more prone to depression got and enormous boost in overall sense of well being looking better can make you feel better about yourself so just keep on going and get back in the gym and get your swole on!
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion83 View Post
    I figured St. Johns Wort should be of help. I also read somewhere thats one of the ingredients on Przac or Zoloft or one of them.
    No it is not the ingredient in either of those. the problem with St Johns is that there are different kinds out there. Some tend to make some people more mellow and other cause people to have more energy. The problem with St johns is selecting a version of extract, a company you trust and getting the dosage right all of which can be very difficuly. It is much more uncertain and even more risky than some SSRI's and personally caused me horrible anxiety.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Ahh ok I got what ur sayin Justreading. Yeah I tried one called Positive Thoughts it had st. johns is it plus Kava Kava and other stuff like folic acid b vit and all. I did try just St johns by itself so from the two ur right bc I do sence adifference. The one i took with just the st johns alone I was like being so nice to everyone so nice I didnt know what was comming out my mouth. It was really really weird for me bc out of nowhere I was nice. Okay lets get this more precise since this seems to be a little confusing to some. My depression is I would say uncommon but you know the feeling at times when you feel like blah and just sigh and feel well low at times? Something like that. Not omg ima stab myself and so to the titty bar and drink religously. Now at one point like I said I incorporated beer and all years ago to try to help with a deprtession I had years ago over my stupid ex. But I got a good girl with me now just she hates bodybuilding talk so thats why I come here hahaha. My girl says "you dont need to eat 5-6 meals and you don't need muscle milk." she said eat one a day. Yeah ok whatever! Just thought its funny to see the people who are not educated about bodybuilding and fitness and how they try to tell you eatting more than 1 day is bad for you hahaha. Geez.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Actually the funiest is recently bc i am on an ECA stack and I am using bronkaid right and shes like Oh that **** aint gonna do anything for you. She says all that ephedrine is junk and it don't work its all in your head. Then I replied.....Here you wanna try here try it for yourself please tell me within 15 min you wont feel 200 mg of Caffiene anydrous and the eph hit ya.LMAO she refused. ANYWHO I just wanted to share that sorry off topic but I hate it when people try to tell me eatting 1 a day is more than enough and I don;t need protein and cardio is useless I just wanna slap people sometimes dont you? I dunno if its me but as far as Eatting 5-6 meals we all know why that is. Just some people dont get it! Have you ever had people tell you otherwise and wanted to just stomp all over em lol.
  26. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.38%

You need to see a doctor man. I had horrible anxiety/depression for the longest time and I just thought it was normal until my gf got really worried about me. It's not something to take lightly man, you can try herbs but the best is going to a doc. SSRI's can have bad side effects but they can also change your life for the better so i'd explore that option if I were you.

I'm on Lexapro and a light dose of adderall XR. If you have any questions feel free to pm me
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Thnx again for your help. I just want to clarify I was on something called Wellbutrin years ago in the past for my depression but thats when I had a doctor to see. Right now I am trying to see a doctor trying to find relaxing methods, but until then until I can get a doctor I have to rely either OTC or find other methods. I don't have the budget to pay a doc 80 bucks for 10 min then pay so much again for a prescrition I cannot afford. So I am still working on finding a doc and plz everyone keep in mind I do not have insurance at the momment. So right now all I can do is try to take it easy. I just wanted to clarify that I do understand going to the doc but at the momment I cant and I am very uinfortunate to have to go through this but I know I can make it through somehow. But again My goal is bodybuilding and trying to get ripped. That seems to get the depression off for a bit. But if anyone has any suggestions herbal wise or OTC wise plz let me know. Something tthat can get me through until I can see a doctor. All your support is most appreciated and im glad I am here.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.85%

Rhodiola works for me, but I don't have clinical depression. I was on Serzone like 15 years ago to get over a rough time in my life, but have been doing alright since then.

The VA is always an option for ex-military. I don't know your circumstances, but you might look into seeing if you can get some type of assistance from the gov't. Or talk to a pastor, they sometimes know where you can go for help.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Thnx Marco I am doing that on the 11th bc my girl needs to talk with human services and thats when I will try to get some help from the gov't. I just hope you all don't look down on me for that I just lost my job because of a crooked sales rep I wa s amechanic for Goodyear. Anywho thnx again to u all. I will look up those herbs u mentioned to me Marco.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.81%

Hey does anyoen know any good supps for depression? Its like many times I feel depressed and maybe someone can help me with that.
    Hey, just read your first post.
    From experiance I can say the best thing to do is to see a DR. It's kind of what they do. Aside from that I might recomend trying Tribulus. I added it to my stack last week and have found myself more upbeat and "chipper" But it seems to work for some people better then others. I hope this helps.

TC..

JP.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.75%

Quote Originally Posted by marco wolf View Post
    Rhodiola rosea works well for me.So does holy basil. I rotate back and forth between these two, on a monthly basis , taking them first thing in the morning.Then I take St. John's after dinner.

Bacopa is a nice addition for a focused calm.

RR is as good as it gets! Try to get a brand called Rosavin by Ameriden.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Kk thnx
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.11%

Okay just worked arms today. I feel so damn neglect by my stupid gf now I wish I never helped her in the first place. Now I feel so neglected than ever. I may seem to make the wrong choices tonight bc I never been this upset btu going to take my AP eat then go to some strip bar to get away for the night. I mean she lives under me bc I helped her under my wing and so for her kid and withought me she would be on the fing street! Omg im so pissed off right now I so pissed I cant eat!Damn her to hell this isnt fair to me and my life! What do i get to deserve this! What on earth! I can't stand this freaking missery I wish I lived at the gym so all I can do is just pound the weights day in day out pretending its her face! I'll give her to Chris Brown and he can pull a Rhianna on her omg this is insane!!!Im gone this threads dead im toast tonight sorry guys going through pain u know hard to keep my mind set on bodybuilding and dealing with this person who I embraced and now is being treated like crap.
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Man really, girls aren't worth the tits on their chest...

I had one girl who got to me but then you get over it and realize a single man with a pair of balls is the strongest beast on earth.

New coocha is the world purest anti-depressent
  35. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.67%

[QUOTE=Stallion83;1850951]I am on ECA and on CKD so at night what is a good fat burner just for nighttime when I go to sleep any suggest.QUOTE]

ECA is a big mistake,pretty much all CNS stimulants should be avoided if you're depressed.CNS stimulants are anxiogenic and this leads to depression.Worry less about leaning outI'd suggest getting some Sesathin/Sesamin in bulk form as that is very cheap and quite cost effective.DCP would be good in addition but it's best to rely on diet and training for fat loss anf considering you lost your job I'd only buy supplements that are either staples or in bulk form.

Oh ok I will get some fish oil at the vitamin shoppe. Now doesit matter if it is pills or liquid and the enova what sthat. Thanx a lot guys yeah it sux to be depressed it reallydoes.
    Get liquid fish oil,it's more stable as well as cheaper,just keep it in the fridge.

I suggest hitting up pubmed.com and doing some research.Use the search terms like enova / serotonin as well as fish oil / depression.Here's a good thread on Enova's effect on serotonin,with the relevant abstract posted.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/i...32261&hl=enova

Obesity (Silver Spring). 2008 Jan;16(1):47-51.

Effects of diacylglycerol on glucose, lipid metabolism, and plasma serotonin levels in lean Japanese.

Yanai H, Yoshida H, Tomono Y, Hirowatari Y, Kurosawa H, Matsumoto A, Tada N.

1Department of Internal Medicine, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan.

Objectiveiacylglycerol (DAG)-rich oil has been suggested to suppress postprandial hyperlipidemia and promote negative caloric balance by increasing energy expenditure (EE), due to small intestine physiochemical dynamics that differ from triacylglycerol (TAG). We studied the effect of DAG on postprandial glucose/insulin metabolism by loading of carbohydrate with oil. Further, to reveal the mechanism for increased EE by DAG, we measured plasma serotonin, which is mostly present in the small intestine and mediates peripheral sympathetic thermogenesis.Methods and Procedures:Randomized crossover study with 2-week wash-out interval between differing fat ingestion. Seven male, lean, Japanese students ingested DAG or TAG oil with 40 g of carbohydrate. Measurements of metabolic parameters were performed before and at 2, 4, and 6 h after fat ingestion. Plasma serotonin levels and cholesterol concentration in each lipoprotein were measured using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).Results:The substitution of DAG for TAG decreased very-low-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (VLDL-C) by 45.6% at 2 h, and decreased serum insulin by 41.3% at 4 h after ingestion. The incremental area under the curve (IAUC) for VLDL-C was positively correlated with the IAUC for insulin. Concurrently, DAG elevated plasma serotonin levels by 47.3% at 2 h, while TAG did not influence.Discussion:This study indicates that the substitution of DAG for TAG suppresses the postprandial increase in serum VLDL-C and insulin. This study also demonstrates that DAG ingestion increases plasma serotonin, proposing a possible mechanism for a postprandial increase in EE by DAG.Obesity (2008) 16, 47-51. doi:10.1038/oby.2007.46.

PMID: 18223611
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.5%

hey man i can some what relate to you but as much, anyway women arent worth getting pissed off at their easy to come by and easy to get a new one, gotta stay positive think of everything that makes you happy and if ever feelin stressed out at night before bed go running thats what i used to do to get rid of my stress and wear myself out down to the bone hope the best for ya bud
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.71%

Hey man, I feel ya on the depression, I just got over a long bit of it myself. Working out gave me an outlet for my anger, anxiety, fear, etc. I would definately see a counselor at least though, it really helped me. Plus they will be able to tell you if meds are advisable or not. If your depression isn't caused by a chemical imbalance, then medication won't help.
    Bottom line: working out is a good outlet, but don't self medicate, see a profesional
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.88%

i went through a terrible bout a couple years ago. nothing helped until i left my wife. i feel for you bud and i hope that you are alright. i know you cant afford a doc right now but please dont start self med with all these different otc products. some of them can be very dangerous if you already have a "chemical problem". i had terrible problems with three diff deppression drugs. why? because i didnt have a chemical problem mine was just life problems and not dealing with them. my problems got worse with the added meds causing a chemical problem. just my .02
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.96%

If your still there dude, see a Doc. Max out the credit cards and do what ever it takes. I know. Believe me I know. Have a few people in my life that have been as bad down as one could get and I'm telling ya RIGHT NOW that nothing is wrong with YOU, it's your body's chems. A simple prescription can take care of it (stay with me here), but it might take a few tries at a few different ones. Stick with it, spend the dough, take care of your self!!!! In the end, if you don't, your just going to hurt yourself and those around you. Take charge of your depression and fight back with the info and meds out there!!!!! Don't give in to it. Only you control YOU.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.96%

Okay just worked arms today. I feel so damn neglect by my stupid gf now I wish I never helped her in the first place. Now I feel so neglected than ever. I may seem to make the wrong choices tonight bc I never been this upset btu going to take my AP eat then go to some strip bar to get away for the night. I mean she lives under me bc I helped her under my wing and so for her kid and withought me she would be on the fing street! Omg im so pissed off right now I so pissed I cant eat!Damn her to hell this isnt fair to me and my life! What do i get to deserve this! What on earth! I can't stand this freaking missery I wish I lived at the gym so all I can do is just pound the weights day in day out pretending its her face! I'll give her to Chris Brown and he can pull a Rhianna on her omg this is insane!!!Im gone this threads dead im toast tonight sorry guys going through pain u know hard to keep my mind set on bodybuilding and dealing with this person who I embraced and now is being treated like crap.
    And STAY COOL!! Focus on you, not your GF, YOU. Hurting anyone including yourself is not going to help ANYONE, just make EVERYTHING ELSE bad.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Depression.........
    By Hope in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
  2. PCT depression
    By Doug8796 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 03:19 PM
  3. P-max and depression
    By pjmc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5