Anti-E stack drying me out?!

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

Based on my rudimentary understanding of the subject, this is possible - I've just never heard of it happening.

I am taking NOW resveratrol, NOW quercetin, and NOW I3C as part of my PCT for Mdrol. Starting weight was 186-7, end of cycle weight was 196-7. I didn't start the abovementioned supps until a few days ago (other PCT is solid - Nolva, etc); my scale weight yesterday was 194, and today it's 191. I'm not a scale queen, but I'm seriously wondering if the anti-E stuff is severely drying me out. I look and feel like I'm holding less water, and my lips have been insanely chapped yesterday and today.

What do you think? I feel like visually and definitely strength-wise I've kept the majority of the gains, so that's great. But I'm really puzzled about what's making me so dry!

Conwict

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well if you were taking arimidex or something I would have said yes definitely.. but.. those are pretty weak AIs...

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
It's called losing water weight. How long were you on Mdrol?

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Just 3 weeks. ramped up to 20 first week and kept it there. I know the 10 pounds wasn't all retainable lean body mass, and I don't even really care - I am stronger and look bigger regardless of whether I drop down to my starting weight or not - but the dry lips and extreme thirst are just strange to me. I feel like I should maybe drop down to my normal water retention levels, but dropping BELOW them post-cycle doesn't make a lotta sense to me!

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Just 3 weeks. ramped up to 20 first week and kept it there. I know the 10 pounds wasn't all retainable lean body mass, and I don't even really care - I am stronger and look bigger regardless of whether I drop down to my starting weight or not - but the dry lips and extreme thirst are just strange to me. I feel like I should maybe drop down to my normal water retention levels, but dropping BELOW them post-cycle doesn't make a lotta sense to me!
You gained 10 pounds in three weeks -- I wouldn't be suprised if you lost a few more pounds. what does your sodium intake look like (high or low)?

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
You gained 10 pounds in three weeks -- I wouldn't be suprised if you lost a few more pounds. what does your sodium intake look like (high or low)?
Now that you mention it, it probably dropped drastically post-cycle. I eat 4 oz almonds just about every day and switched from salted to unsalted recently. I actually crave salt sometimes. An article by a guy named Scott Abel suggested people who sweat and exercise intensely need more salt (seems like common sense), so I don't monitor or worry about my intake, but you could be onto something if I'm eating like 30% less each day.

I'm intrigued though, why do you ask?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Now that you mention it, it probably dropped drastically post-cycle. I eat 4 oz almonds just about every day and switched from salted to unsalted recently. I actually crave salt sometimes. An article by a guy named Scott Abel suggested people who sweat and exercise intensely need more salt (seems like common sense), so I don't monitor or worry about my intake, but you could be onto something if I'm eating like 30% less each day.

I'm intrigued though, why do you ask?
Because of the alterations in adrenal function. Especially if you made the change right when you ended the cycle it might augment the effect.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Because of the alterations in adrenal function. Especially if you made the change right when you ended the cycle it might augment the effect.
That makes sense on the surface, but I'm all ears if you want to go into more depth. If you wrote a book on anabolic pharmacology you sound like you know what you're talking about. :biglaugh:

Care to go into more depth? And would you advise raising sodium intake or just not worrying about scale weight?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
That makes sense on the surface, but I'm all ears if you want to go into more depth. If you wrote a book on anabolic pharmacology you sound like you know what you're talking about. :biglaugh:

Care to go into more depth? And would you advise raising sodium intake or just not worrying about scale weight?
I go into detail in my book ;)

I would adivise maybe upping your sodium intake at least temporarily. For the future, I would recommend against three week stacks.

Aside from the dryness, how are you feeling? lethargy?

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
I go into detail in my book ;)

I would adivise maybe upping your sodium intake at least temporarily. For the future, I would recommend against three week stacks.

Aside from the dryness, how are you feeling? lethargy?
Some shrinkage and lethargy were the only overt sides from the m-drol. I normally have mild to medium acne and it actually cleared up a little. Now I have mild lethargy - not like on the cycle - but I'm taking 1-carboxy which is surprisingly effective in helping me get quality sleep. Overall I feel good and strength is staying right up where it was. I may have been a bit moody toward the end of the cycle, also. Oh, and I was very shut down libido-wise, but that is par for the course with these compounds.

I agree about short cycles based on my limited experience. I used Epistane for my first, and went for 8 weeks pulsing 3 days per week, up to 50 mg. I now feel pulsing is an inferior protocol, but I gained - and kept - roughly 12 pounds, up to 188lb. (If you're wondering, I was at a very low bf% before I gained the Epi weight - I had just come off a fairly long and effective fat loss plan. I was shocked to weigh 177lb but I care more about the way I look than scale weight!)

If I choose to use m-drol again, I will probably use it at the beginning or end of another milder compound cycle. Honestly the shrinkage was severe (back to normal now, 18 days into PCT) and it just didn't deliver like the Epistane over a longer period. More sides, less results.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Some shrinkage and lethargy were the only overt sides from the m-drol. I normally have mild to medium acne and it actually cleared up a little. Now I have mild lethargy - not like on the cycle - but I'm taking 1-carboxy which is surprisingly effective in helping me get quality sleep. Overall I feel good and strength is staying right up where it was. I may have been a bit moody toward the end of the cycle, also. Oh, and I was very shut down libido-wise, but that is par for the course with these compounds.

I agree about short cycles based on my limited experience. I used Epistane for my first, and went for 8 weeks pulsing 3 days per week, up to 50 mg. I now feel pulsing is an inferior protocol, but I gained - and kept - roughly 12 pounds.

If I choose to use m-drol again, I will probably use it at the beginning or end of another milder compound cycle. Honestly the shrinkage was severe (back to normal now, 18 days into PCT) and it just didn't deliver like the Epistane over a longer period. More sides, less results.
If your guys are back to normal, then just up your sodium intake until the lethargy and dryness start to subside.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! I will do my best to support you by buying that book...when I have the financial resources and time to read it (final year of English degree).

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! I will do my best to support you by buying that book...when I have the financial resources and time to read it (final year of English degree).
I hope you do. Anyone taking AAs or prohormones or designers should read it.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
I hope you do. Anyone taking AAs or prohormones or designers should read it.
If you wrote a good book, you wrote it 'cause you want to make money for your area of expertise. If I buy it, it's because I think your expertise is worth my money. This win-win situation will come to be when I have $50 that isn't gonna get spent at Sam's Club. Three cheers for enlightened self-interest :usa2:

Thanks again! :grouphug: