Creatine Question

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Hey guys, I know that creatine is great for muscle gains....what I want to know is how much I need (5'10", 170 lbs.), the best time to take it, and what kinds are best? (brand, effectiveness, taste).

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
the recommended dosage is 5grams pre and post workout, there's many types out there I'm currently taking CEE and it has an acquired taste you can start out with mono, its been around the longest and its a proven product, very cheap and effective.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
i'm using creatine magnesium chelate, which has reported better absorption and availability than mono

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
the recommended dosage is 5grams pre and post workout, there's many types out there I'm currently taking CEE and it has an acquired taste you can start out with mono, its been around the longest and its a proven product, very cheap and effective.
agree with the mono comment here. if you've never used creatine before, thy mono-creatine. as stated cheap and effective. it will give you an idea of how your body will handle it, which s/b just fine.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I've been rotating between N.O. Xplode, Superpump250, and a couple of other N.O.'s so I've used some creatine before...however they have a nasty habit of not stating how much they put in it and in the case of N.O. Xplode, may not have been putting any in at all.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go with some Creapure for your first time as it is the most proven. I usually take 5 grams pre or post.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you take creatine mono with some carbs, like juice.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Green MAGnitude / Green BULGE
Ragnarok
Neovar

footster

footster

Awards
I do agree with buying cheap and in bulk. However, creatine gluconate is my favorite and I just finished SizeOn which is still my favorite. Sometimes talking with younger kids, it seems they don't have the "drive" to mix and measure the creatine with juice, they want something easy and ready to go. Same w/ making your own "weight gainer" shake.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I usually do 15-20g for 5-7 days (loading....you don't *have* to load though, I just find it gets me there faster)

Then I do 5g a day on non-workout days (split into 2 doses usually)
And 10g on workout days (normal doses plus 5g dose post workout)

I continue this "maintenance" cycle for probably 2-3 months, then I take 1-2 months off. Some people claim you do not need to cycle it. I don't think you necessarily have to, I just like to cycle pretty much everything just to give my body a break, get it back to "normal" state, and also to help/hinder plateaus.

Seems to work great for me - I'm 185 pounds..

footster

footster

Awards
I usually do 15-20g for 5-7 days (loading....you don't *have* to load though, I just find it gets me there faster)

Then I do 5g a day on non-workout days (split into 2 doses usually)
And 10g on workout days (normal doses plus 5g dose post workout)

I continue this "maintenance" cycle for probably 2-3 months, then I take 1-2 months off. Some people claim you do not need to cycle it. I don't think you necessarily have to, I just like to cycle pretty much everything just to give my body a break, get it back to "normal" state, and also to help/hinder plateaus.

Seems to work great for me - I'm 185 pounds..

I'm sorry man and everyone else but i have to say it, your avatar is HILARIOUS!!! I only have 2 friends who laugh as much as I do while watching that show. I can waste a whole day to that show. Once again I'm sorry but thats awsome.

lockedloaded

Awards
Ive tried several different types of creatine from several different brands and I can honestly say that Anabolic Switch from MRI is the best that I've taken. You can buy it online for a pretty good price and I suggest buying two tubes because each tube only lasts a couple of weeks and it says one serving before workout and one serving after workout. I spoke with a rep from MRI and he suggested to take half a serving before and the other half after for the first two weeks and then follow the reccommended on starting on week three. A buddy of Mine folowed the directions and went through his tub in a couple of weeks and then took a regular mono from a brand of his choice for tree more weeks and he got good results. We both got good results I really suggest taking Anablic Switch from MRI. Best Creatine I've tried, give it a shot.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, I know that creatine is great for muscle gains....what I want to know is how much I need (5'10", 170 lbs.), the best time to take it, and what kinds are best? (brand, effectiveness, taste).
1. Recommended is 5g a day, but you can go less or more (depends on how often and the intensity of your training).
2. I take mine 30-40 min-pre and immediately post-resistance sessions. You can just do post-resistance session. Personal preference.
3. NeoVar Recomped, Cre-02, and Kre-Alkalyn are good. There are many creatine products out there, and some also have other effects (i.e, NeoVar Recomped also acts as a nutrient repartitioner and insulin mimic, and so can be taken not JUST around resistance training). Or you could always just go straight creatine monohydrate.

joelast

joelast

Awards
I've been using creating on and off for 5 years and in my opinon the most effective is just good old Creatine Monohydrate, you can get it for cheep and if you bloat who cares? its not like it'll be forever. I take approx. 5gs before and after.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you take creatine mono with some carbs, like juice.
I read you shouldn't take mono with orange juice. I've taken it with Orange Juice before and I was pissing like crazy. Taking the Creatine Malate seems to work good for me and I'm not up all night pissing.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
Right. Something about the acidity of the orange juice may ruin the creatine.