Detoxing??

clint3612

Awards
Anybody ever do this? If you did, what products did you use? How about a homemade liver detox? Anybody have any recipes or testemonials?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I liked my experience with bentonite clay and bulk fiber.

LactoseLou

I have been wanting to do a 1 week detox but im still looking for a good plan, I dont want one of those chemical kits they sell cause most of the time they try to add laxatives.

lms1021

Awards
what exactly is detoxing? ARe there supplements for it?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what exactly is detoxing? ARe there supplements for it?
releasing toxins from the body. :dump:

read the article, gives a good explanation, also tells you where to buy it. There are many methods to cleanse, some harmful . . . some not. I use psyllium husk to keep up fiber intake, useful for when you are cutting down on carbs and increasing protein.

Both psyllium and the bentonite clay expand with liquid, therefore scraping the intestinal tract of built up STUFF.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah you can do it by eating lots of veggies, lean meat sources like fish, peice of fruit(make sure veggie context is high). so if your eating healthy and no process junk food then your fine

I bought 50$ worth of all this stuff its in the Vince Gironda book and went on a three day detox . you can eat it whenever times you want. i didn't even finish it in three days and had some left over .

Its important to keep your system flushed out.

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
fast for 2 weeks, drink water, dont need to buy anything, just be determined to not eat.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
fast for 2 weeks, drink water, dont need to buy anything, just be determined to not eat.
this works however,if you want to lose more muscle than fat. this is not the best route for bodybuilders, muscle-people

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rugger again
Rugger's 100% correct - but not many people have the balls to front up.

Yeah, anything going up your arse is going to be initially uncomfortable for most people (me included), but the feeling a few hours later is fkg phenomenal - it's likened to smoking a fist-size lump of crack (or so I hear) - all your senses sharpen and you have energy through the roof - try going for a workout after one :thumbsup:

My tip if you're going to do it is get a chick to do it - that way it's kinda kinky rather than downright g*h*e*y....

Clint - as far as dietary detox goes - try following the link in my Sig. You can ignore the supps involved, but the principle is the same.

Vege juices - in particular fresh Beet juice. Recomping I have shedded 3.5lbs a week using a detox/organics-based tapered carb diet since New Years.

p5sky - I'll be dropping you a line shortly.

Drop me a line if you have any Q's

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Rugger's 100% correct - but not many people have the balls to front up.

Yeah, anything going up your arse is going to be initially uncomfortable for most people (me included), but the feeling a few hours later is fkg phenomenal - it's likened to smoking a fist-size lump of crack (or so I hear) - all your senses sharpen and you have energy through the roof - try going for a workout after one :thumbsup:

My tip if you're going to do it is get a chick to do it - that way it's kinda kinky rather than downright g*h*e*y....

Clint - as far as dietary detox goes - try following the link in my Sig. You can ignore the supps involved, but the principle is the same.

Vege juices - in particular fresh Beet juice. Recomping I have shedded 3.5lbs a week using a detox/organics-based tapered carb diet since New Years.

p5sky - I'll be dropping you a line shortly.

Drop me a line if you have any Q's

Could you do it at home? with like a hoover? brb:run:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am sure with your ingenuity Chub, you could come up with some sort of functional contraption :thumbsup: If you're going to use your mum's, make sure you clean it afterwards!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For this purpose I recommend a Wet/Dry Vac like ShopVac . . .

then it's a :fest30:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
it was a great success!! apart from that my walls and carpet are covered in crap now.

AlmostRipped

Awards
--Enema with a shopvac--

"it was a great success!! apart from that my walls and carpet are covered in crap now."

HAHAHA!!! Wow I have been on here a solid month, and seen some funny posts about picking up chics. Someone who was going to have their parents watch two girls and a cup. I have been given some great advice, but this takes the cake, wow, 10 point bonus for the visual you really painted the canvas with that image <--ew..heh..

GetDatFool

GetDatFool

Awards
talk about dedication ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgNh9mGb2K4&feature=related"]YouTube - 1st Day of 40 Day Fast - (Water Only Fast - 1st of 3 Forty Day Fasts)[/ame]

chick goes from that.. to this... 120 days total fasting.. 40 days a time

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcBgRDKV2Ig&feature=related"]YouTube - Day 40 of 3rd consecutive 40 Day Fast begins - LAST DAY OF ALL THE FASTS - 123 total fasting days[/ame]

kodiak

Awards
Good tips on here. I have been looking to detox and some people recommended red clover tea. Anybody drank this before?

Jesse80

Awards
wow that is crazy oh how skinny she looks
but most ppl add most of the weight back on

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I may get flamed here for this, but how about one of the 7 day cleanses GNC has to offer? I run it twice a year and can honestly say they work pretty well. I normally lose a few pounds of water and find that I can digest food more easily. Also, I tend to feel "better" during the day and am not as stressed or fatigued.

ADDam

Banned
Awards
WHY WOULD YOU MENTION GNC AS A SUPPLEMENT PROVIDER. im not flaming you... LOL YES I AM WHY WOULD YOU MENTION GNC AS PROVIDING ANYTHING OTHER THAN CAPPED AWFULNESS. my shift key sticks to my left pinky when I type and i have 3 different personalities, one of which is gay and the other is homophobic.

I'm suicidal sometimes as a consequence of being myself.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks without food?

If you did this you'd have serious mineral depletion resulting in muscle cramps and all sorts of stuff. You'd be in terrible shape.

If you are serious about this make sure the water is isotonic.

Fibre and a gallon of water per day is a good one plus food.

Anyway nice biblical quote.

ADDam

Banned
Awards
This is what you do to clean yourself out.

Use this stuff called Okra Pepsin E-3 or something similar to that, you can get off of amazon, it gets rid of the mucus buildup in your small intestines that prevent you from absorbing the supplments you are taking.

While taking those, you take a product called Sculpt&Cleanse that I found at VitaminShoppe, do NOT drink(alcohol) while doing this though. This stuff is basically a herbal colon cleanse, will make you feel sooooo healthy once you take one of these crazy dumps. And by crazy I mean, you will see stuff in the toilet that you've never seen before. I know this is nasty but I always look at my poop after I go because I feel in a weird way that it determines how healthy I am or have been by the way it looks, weird and maybe untrue I know... but its what I do.

Last time I did this, I saw this blue "shard" in the toilet, so i had latex gloves on hand and picked it out and it broke apart very easily. I suspect it was part of a pill/supp I was taking in the past.

one last warning if you do this stuff from a mistake I made, I drank a couple of Sparks(carbonated alch beverage) it created crazy gas but I was also very constipated at the same time due to caffeine in the beverage/alcohol dehydrating me. I dont know if anyone has ever experienced the pain of gas building up inside you that wont come out.. but as you can tell I dont care about sharing intimate details so i'm going to describe the pain and what happened to me.

I took off all my clothes because I feel sometimes when I do this it helps me go to the bathroom when im constipated. So I did this, except this pain was so extreme I was on the ground tearing up trying to fart and I was trying so hard I started peeing all over the my bathroom tile floor, I was trying to spread my buttcheeks apart with my hands to try and get this pain out but nothing So i put clothes back on, went and found these stool softeners and took the biggest most relieving dump of my life. The pain of this gas comes and goes but it gets worse every time because its building up.

I never felt as healthy as I do right after I do one of these colon cleansings, just dont do anything to cause gas buildup lol.

The reason I feel these are important, especially for people drinking protein shakes is because that stuff causes mucus buildup in your small intestines that prevent you from absorbing your multivitamin and other supplements.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Does bentonite clay have an advantage that I couldn't get from normal fiber?