Bulk Tyrosine Taste

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
How is it? Bad? Unbearable?

I can suck many a gram of ALCAR down pretty easily, but Leucine is too hydrophobic for me to bother. Just trying to get an indication of whether or not it's worth it to buy in bulk instead of the capped version.

Warriorz

Awards
It doesn't taste like anything; at worst, it's a just a little chalky. In other words, if someone couldn't take a spoonful of tyrosine, then that person probably shouldn't buy any bulk powders.

Rhyno

Rhyno

Awards
  • Established
Just parachute it. Take a tissue and put your powder in the center. Fold up the edges to make a pocket that contains your powder, twist, then break off. Now you have a make-shift pill to shallow. Anything over a gram can be rough to get down, so if it's more than that just split it up and parachute two amounts.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'll man up and buy some. Apparently that and ALCAR are great for reaction time.

Then again, ALCAR is great for anything. <33

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tyrosine is virtually tasteless.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just mix it with water stir. it taste a little chalky. remember with all powder swish with water and spit because some of them can eat the enamel off the teeth.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Probably how I wound up with my 6 cavities out of nowhere a year ago. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I'm ordering some for sure. Mix it with my mono and crystal lite.

DeathDealer

Awards
I bought some Tyrosine from NP and it has no taste and has a texture like flour. I was almost thinking that it was flour for a while, and that NP ripped me off and just sent me a big tub of flour. :trout:

It's pretty much tasteless and odorless. Mixes easily.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought some Tyrosine from NP and it has no taste and has a texture like flour. I was almost thinking that it was flour for a while, and that NP ripped me off and just sent me a big tub of flour. :trout:

It's pretty much tasteless and odorless. Mixes easily.
Mmm...Tyrosine Bread.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I usually mix about 3 grams of tyrosine into 4 ounces of water with 2 Emergen-C packets first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. After my coffee, I am ready to rock.