BCAA mix help!

AndreAnabolic

AndreAnabolic

Awards
i got myself some BCAA and they taste absoloutly dreadful, like crushed up asprin. i used to buy the Xtend but i went cheap this time. anything i can mix it with that will make it bareable? i drink it during my lift.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
YOU could try orange juice, grape juice, blackcurrant juice-its not rocket science trying to disguise a taste, just use your imagination

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i got myself some BCAA and they taste absoloutly dreadful, like crushed up asprin. i used to buy the Xtend but i went cheap this time. anything i can mix it with that will make it bareable? i drink it during my lift.
Maybe try some sort of flavoured cordial.... or just harden up mate :thumbsup:

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Amino's are reportedly bitter by their nature. Crystal Lite seems pretty popular to mix with.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the above post...crystal light seems to help with the taste...my personal favorite is raspberry lemonade...

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Grape juice maybe? Hell anything for that matter. It's just like drinking glutamine, or the worst ever, ARGININE ETHYL ESTER! yak yak :sick:

mattakaspeedy

Awards
If you talking about the nutraplanet bulk stuff i agree. It smells bad and taste bad but they are certainly awesome products and do there job :) I found it best to mix it with orange juice and it takes the taste completly away. Only problem is it doesnt mix to well. So i just mix it as best as could and then open the mouth and down the whole thing... I tried using wate and spat it out, couodt even swallow it.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you talking about the nutraplanet bulk stuff i agree. It smells bad and taste bad but they are certainly awesome products and do there job :) I found it best to mix it with orange juice and it takes the taste completly away. Only problem is it doesnt mix to well. So i just mix it as best as could and then open the mouth and down the whole thing... I tried using wate and spat it out, couodt even swallow it.
Odd how so many products/bulk powders you have to do that with! Oh well though, suck it up I guess!

LG Sciences BC/EAA mix tastes awesome! And it's a fraction of the price with the coupon code!

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • Established
First of the year Primordial Performance is coming out with a BCAA that is mixed with organic freeze dried fruit. It tastes great. Like fruit punch.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Awards
  • Established
Oh and it will only have 3g of sugar for every 5g of BCAA

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
why didnt' you get it in gel-cap form?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Oh and it will only have 3g of sugar for every 5g of BCAA
why include sugar at all?
If we want to add sugar we can buy it at supermarket.
so a 500 grn container will have 300 grams of sugar or are you saying for every 800 gms 500 gms will be BCAA 300 gms sugar .That represents over 50 percent of the contents will be sugar -money not well spent if buying this product

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
so a 500 grn container will have 300 grams of sugar or are you saying for every 800 gms 500 gms will be BCAA 300 gms sugar .That represents over 50 percent of the contents will be sugar -money not well spent if buying this product
We didn’t add any sugar, it’s just naturally occurring sugar from the organic, freeze-dried fruit. [2500 ORAC value per serving]

In fact, it’s going to be sold as a separate product, that can be mixed with our new BCAA’s coming out.

-Eric

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you really complaining about 3 grams of sugar in an organic fruit product? 3 grams of sugar will not hurt anyone, c'mon people.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Are you really complaining about 3 grams of sugar in an organic fruit product? 3 grams of sugar will not hurt anyone, c'mon people.
If it were 3 gms of sugar in say 500 gm container of BCAA -no problem

However its 3 gms of sugar for every 5 gms of BCAA so at the worst in a 500 gm container its 300 gms for every 500 BCAA -that represents over 50 percent of total weight in sugar . As i said earlier its not a good buy on that basis if that is the final mix

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well 1st off 3g for every 5g BCAA's means it's atmost 3/8 sugar, not the 5/8 you were stating. A 500g container would have theoretically 188g Sugars, and 312g BCAA's.

Also from what I gather, this is naturally occuring sugars from the concentrated fruit extract; so with your 10g BCAA's peri-WO, you're going to get 6g of natural sugar; no big sweat. It's unclear if the sugar will be unavoidable with the BCAA's (Eric mentioned the dried fruit will be a separate product), but I'm not too concerned about a little bit of sugar. If it had been 3g of Malto/Dextrose thrown in with 5g of BCAA's then yes I could understand you frustration, but that's not how Primordial Performance operates. :thumbsup:

Also to Andre the OP, it sounds like you got the little batch of unmilled BCAA's, I'm in the same boat. I just add more leucine, shake it up and take a few big gulps well spaced between my workouts. It's not pleasant, but it works.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Just checking one UK online sports supplement store , i find that these companies that they work with have made a BCAA supplement whether in powder form or capsule.

IDS BCAA Rapid Release Gels 120 Caps
ProLab BCAA Plus 180 Caps
VPX Sports BCAA EX 180 x 3200...
Axis Labs BCAA Ethyl Ester 180 Caps
Boditronics BCAA Elite 8000 250 Tabs
Dymatize BCAA Complex 2200 200 Caps
SNI BCAA 4 Hour 90 Tabs MRM BCAA + Glutamine 180
MRM BCAA + G 6000 150 Caps
Biotest BCAA 250TABS
So why do we need another The market is flooded with them already.

In reply to your quote relating to A 500g container would have theoretically 188g Sugars, and 312g BCAA's-that still represents over a third of the contents will be sugars, In my view totally unneccessary

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Our BCAA's will be sold by themselves.

We are offering water soluble high quality Ajinomoto IBCAA brand... far better quality than most chinese BCAA's... and for an unbeatable price.

-Eric

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Our BCAA's will be sold by themselves.

We are offering water soluble high quality Ajinomoto IBCAA brand... far better quality than most chinese BCAA's... and for an unbeatable price.

-Eric
Ajinomoto ftw! Their factory is in Raleigh, NC.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
good deal P.P!:thumbsup:

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Here is what i did recently with a big tub of Leucine i wasnt using.

Took 25 packets of strawberry crystal light and opened them all, dumped them into the tub of leucine, stirred with a spoon. Taste really good and just like strawberry crystal light

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hi Im just a bit puzzled about the reaction to by some posters. The first question that springs to mind is -has BCAA never been seen as standard in their supplementation programme ?
If so then why all the excitement over yet another BCAA supplement(ive lost count how many there are)

and thirdly do some forum members have a loyalty to the brand

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Its just a new product that we can try out...cause most of us on here are supplement junkies...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Corsaking, brand loyalty is usually due to flavouring or texture. Many like the flavour of a certain brand ( i.e. Xtend of Purple Wrath).

Texture/Mixability also varies between brands. And then of course price :) PP uses Ajinomoto BCAA's which are claimed to be superior to the BCAA's made in China; since I haven't tried them personally I can't weigh in on this claim however I have faith in it because PP is good on their claims, and this would be a very simple comparison. With the 30% off discount, the price is very reasonable as well.

pamela b

Banned
Awards
Try purlpe wrath.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Awards
  • Established
Hi Im just a bit puzzled about the reaction to by some posters. The first question that springs to mind is -has BCAA never been seen as standard in their supplementation programme ?
If so then why all the excitement over yet another BCAA supplement(ive lost count how many there are)

and thirdly do some forum members have a loyalty to the brand

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I always used XTEND, but will be switching to the Ajinomoto, for peace of mind on purity. Plus i would prefer them with no flavoring.

Good to hear Primordial will offer them in larger quantities. If their price is competitive, i will most definitely be buying them from PP.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I always used XTEND, but will be switching to the Ajinomoto, for peace of mind on purity. Plus i would prefer them with no flavoring.

Good to hear Primordial will offer them in larger quantities. If their price is competitive, i will most definitely be buying them from PP.
Yeah… we will easily have the best price for ajinomoto bulk IBCAA’s on the net, and will try to get as close on price to Chinese BCAA’s as we can.

-Eric

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Grape juice maybe? Hell anything for that matter. It's just like drinking glutamine, or the worst ever, ARGININE ETHYL ESTER! yak yak :sick:
AEE is the worst tasting stuff I've had in my life..
Even when I toss and chase I have to chug to get the taste gone.

But crystal light and off brands like it work great to mask the taste.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Yeah… we will easily have the best price for ajinomoto bulk IBCAA’s on the net, and will try to get as close on price to Chinese BCAA’s as we can.

-Eric
I find it hard to believe that there are only 2 sources of BCAA , one from China , the other from Ajinomoto

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find it hard to believe that there are only 2 sources of BCAA , one from China , the other from Ajinomoto
Certainly not. From my point of view, though, that may not be the key issue. Users generally like to get their supplements from companies that have a tradition for quality and performance. Primordial Performance is one of these. Just like NutraPlanet, Controlled Labs, Scivation, and so on, in the case of BCAAs. Some are glad to try something else that looks superior. There are different reasons for the excitement regarding Primordial Performance's IBCAA, apart from its price and quality. For users looking to switch, for whatever reason, it certainly is an interesting option.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Certainly not. From my point of view, though, that may not be the key issue. Users generally like to get their supplements from companies that have a tradition for quality and performance. Primordial Performance is one of these. Just like NutraPlanet, Controlled Labs, Scivation, and so on, in the case of BCAAs. Some are glad to try something else that looks superior. There are different reasons for the excitement regarding Primordial Performance's IBCAA, apart from its price and quality. For users looking to switch, for whatever reason, it certainly is an interesting option.

personally i like XTEND

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ajinomoto is the best source for amino acids in the world, hands down.

There may be other countries that produce BCAA’s but it makes sense to only buy from the cheapest source if you are a bulk store trying to have the cheapest price.

-Eric

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
Yea, I tried that today. Hours later I'm trying not to think about it so I don't puke. It is AWEFUL.

MaxGolf

MaxGolf

Awards
  • Established
something you guys can mix with your BCAA to make it 10X better VitaBerry

DarkDragon

Awards
I got used to the taste after a few times. If I drink water any time without BCAA in it, it tastes funny.