Muscletech does it again... - AnabolicMinds.com

Muscletech does it again...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Muscletech does it again...

MuscleTech - MyoShock HSP - Extreme Musclebuilder With Heat Shock Activation

Myoshock?? I seriously think they make stuff up sometimes. Heat shock activation? Heat shock proteins?? I wish some one would bomb muscletech headquarters. wtf...I'm speechless

It has 400mg of caffeine...pretty hefty dose if you ask me.

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    MuscleTech - MyoShock HSP - Extreme Musclebuilder With Heat Shock Activation

Myoshock?? I seriously think they make stuff up sometimes. Heat shock activation? Heat shock proteins?? I wish some one would bomb muscletech headquarters. wtf...I'm speechless

It has 400mg of caffeine...pretty hefty dose if you ask me.
    dude, give it a rest.

Check out this thread instead:

Bonzai Kittens

3. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

okay, had to take a peak...

it looks like a buch of herbs, some caffine and mono... no fkn surprises there.

...so this must have been Dex's secret weapon, huh? I bet ya Jay is pissed, he was stuck with the cryogenic suppository event that landed him second place.

These boys would be better off taking steroids....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Lol I couldnt agree with you anymore... Im still lost as 2 y ppl still buy their garbage.

5. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Answers

DIRECTIONS: To develop respect for and understand the potency of MyoShockHSP™, take 3 caplets 30-45 minutes before your first workout. Thereafter, move to one full serving (7 caplets) before your daily workout. Do not exceed 7 caplets in a 24-hour period. Read the entire label before use and follow directions provided.

Respect the Myoshock, biatches.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    DIRECTIONS: To develop respect for and understand the potency of MyoShockHSP™, take 3 caplets 30-45 minutes before your first workout. Thereafter, move to one full serving (7 caplets) before your daily workout. Do not exceed 7 caplets in a 24-hour period. Read the entire label before use and follow directions provided.

7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Answers

This product sounds awesome! can't wait to get my hands on some of it! Do you think NP will get it?
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Answers

How can companies spew such verbal diarrhea and not be regulated at any level? How can this be legal? Honestly, it pisses me off that companies can say anything they want regarding product claims/effects. Only in the supplement industry do you see this!

Don't get me started!

9. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by papapumpsd View Post
    How can companies spew such verbal diarrhea and not be regulated at any level? How can this be legal? Honestly, it pisses me off that companies can say anything they want regarding product claims/effects. Only in the supplement industry do you see this!

Don't get me started!
    People have the freedom to research the claims and ingredients to figure out of they are BS.

Trust me, you don't want the alternative of having the government involved (which would allow NO claims or mentions of efficacy, forcing people to "figure it out for yourself".)

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Answers

People have the freedom to research the claims and ingredients to figure out of they are BS.

Trust me, you don't want the alternative of having the government involved (which would allow NO claims or mentions of efficacy, forcing people to "figure it out for yourself".)
    Could we not say this about the sub-prime mort. industry too? Those ignorant homeowners should have researched real estate finance, budgeting, interest rates, etc. but instead they believed the lending institutions (financial professionals). I know I'm comparing apples to outhouses, but there are basic ethics at hand. Lending/financial institutions should be held to a fiduciary duty.

I'm not saying government should control the supplement industry, but surely some sort of marketing/claims regulation could protect consumers from B.S. marketing of many supplement manufactures. They are straight out LIES in the MuscleTech ad.

Anyways, I've expressed my opinion on this topic before. I know there are VERY GOOD supplement companies out there Dsade, but its companies like MuscleTech and the others that give this industry a bad name. You can either sit with the bad apples and stink too or get the bad apples thrown out. To how that's done, I don't know, but IMO, sitting with stinking apples is not the best route.

Survival of the fittest doesn't seem to work with supp. mfgs as MuscleTech has been busy swindling people for a long time and their products are a joke when compared to label claims. In other words, they will not disappear on their own.

Do you not want to start a "Responsible Sports Supplement Council" (RSSC) or something to differentiate the good apples from the bad? Leverage economies of scale by gathering the 'good' manufacturers into one group/body (RSSC for example). Promote this body and the standards. Your firm, nor Nutra, nor any other 'good' supplement manufacturer has the budget to go head-to-head against the 800lb. gorillas (MuscleTech). But you can certainly have a collective, summative effect by starting an organization as mentioned above. Pool your dollars and "campaign" against the 800lbers.

Just thinking out loud.

Constructive commentary appreciated.

11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Answers

Do you not want to start a "Responsible Sports Supplement Council" (RSSC) or something to differentiate the good apples from the bad? Leverage economies of scale by gathering the 'good' manufacturers into one group/body (RSSC for example). Promote this body and the standards. Just thinking out loud.

Constructive commentary appreciated.
    It's been tried...and does not succeed. Whether a combination of egos in this industry and flat out insecurity/greed plays out, there simply is no way to standardize "good" without instant corruption.

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Answers

It's been tried...and does not succeed. Whether a combination of egos in this industry and flat out insecurity/greed plays out, there simply is no way to standardize "good" without instant corruption.
    Damn shame. Thanks for the replys.

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  0 lbs.
    Answers

before bash I give the benefit of the doubt, HSP may have their place in bb, apart from that I believe the new mri product WAR have a better ingredient profile

Heat Shock Protein 72 Response to Exercise in Humans
    Authors: Yamada, Paulette1; Amorim, Fabiano1; Moseley, Pope2; Schneider, Suzanne1

Source: Sports Medicine, Volume 38, Number 9, 2008 , pp. 715-733(19)

Publisher: Adis International

Abstract:

Heat shock protein (Hsp) 72 is a unique, ubiquitous molecule. In vitro and in vivo animal models have shown that increased Hsp 72 is associated with improved cellular survivability and tolerance to stressors. The primary focus of this article is to review the Hsp 72 protein response to exercise in humans. Various mechanisms regulate post-transcriptional activity and therefore measurement of messenger RNA (mRNA) does not necessarily represent the level of functional Hsp 72. For this reason, this article incorporates only a few studies that assessed Hsp 72 mRNA response to exercise. Although this article focuses on human studies, it also includes some key animal studies to provide insight into the mechanisms of the response of Hsp 72 to stress.

Intra- (IC) and extracellular (EC) Hsp 72 have different functions. IC Hsp 72 confers cellular protection from subsequent stressors, while EC Hsp 72 has a whole-body systemic role in antigen presentation and immunity. An acute exercise bout stimulates an increase in both IC and EC Hsp 72. Long-term training and improved fitness increases the rate of availability of IC Hsp 72 in response to stress. Other factors that affect Hsp 72 production include environmental factors, exercise mode, duration and intensity, age, estrogen, and anti-oxidant and glycogen availability. The functions and roles of Hsp 72 also depend on the tissue of origin. This article describes the Hsp 72 response to exercise in relation to the tissue assayed (i.e. skeletal muscle vs lymphocyte) and the origin of the sample (i.e. venous vs arterial serum). Collectively, the reviewed studies reveal exciting and novel research that encourages future investigation in this area.
    Keywords: Exercise; HSP 72; Leucocytes; Muscles

Document Type: Review article

Affiliations: 1: 1 Department of Health, Exercise and Sports Sciences, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA 2: 2 Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00009/art00002

14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dafox View Post
    Bow down to no man!
    board supporter

15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

This stuff only works if you wear the "STRAP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No doubt it will be at GNC in time for the holidays.

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Answers

400mg Of Caffeine Wtf
    Might As Well Put Crack In It!?!

17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    This product sounds awesome! can't wait to get my hands on some of it! Do you think NP will get it?
    I HOPE SO I AM GONNA FILL ALL MY CREDIT CARDS FULL OF THEM, I CANT WAIT THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME PRODUCT MUST BUY!!!!!!!

18. New Member
    Answers

Muscletech is ****.I would rather throw my money away than spend it on their products.

19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    This stuff only works if you wear the "STRAP"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No doubt it will be at GNC in time for the holidays.
    It is already there.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

20. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xtgear View Post
    before bash I give the benefit of the doubt, HSP may have their place in bb, apart from that I believe the new mri product WAR have a better ingredient profile

Authors: Yamada, Paulette1; Amorim, Fabiano1; Moseley, Pope2; Schneider, Suzanne1

Abstract:

Heat shock protein (Hsp) 72 is a unique, ubiquitous molecule. In vitro and in vivo animal models have shown that increased Hsp 72 is associated with improved cellular survivability and tolerance to stressors. The primary focus of this article is to review the Hsp 72 protein response to exercise in humans. Various mechanisms regulate post-transcriptional activity and therefore measurement of messenger RNA (mRNA) does not necessarily represent the level of functional Hsp 72. For this reason, this article incorporates only a few studies that assessed Hsp 72 mRNA response to exercise. Although this article focuses on human studies, it also includes some key animal studies to provide insight into the mechanisms of the response of Hsp 72 to stress.

Intra- (IC) and extracellular (EC) Hsp 72 have different functions. IC Hsp 72 confers cellular protection from subsequent stressors, while EC Hsp 72 has a whole-body systemic role in antigen presentation and immunity. An acute exercise bout stimulates an increase in both IC and EC Hsp 72. Long-term training and improved fitness increases the rate of availability of IC Hsp 72 in response to stress. Other factors that affect Hsp 72 production include environmental factors, exercise mode, duration and intensity, age, estrogen, and anti-oxidant and glycogen availability. The functions and roles of Hsp 72 also depend on the tissue of origin. This article describes the Hsp 72 response to exercise in relation to the tissue assayed (i.e. skeletal muscle vs lymphocyte) and the origin of the sample (i.e. venous vs arterial serum). Collectively, the reviewed studies reveal exciting and novel research that encourages future investigation in this area.

Affiliations: 1: 1 Department of Health, Exercise and Sports Sciences, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA 2: 2 Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

good post , the first with some science and no bashing.
    I personally think MT has its place on the supp world and some good supps, they are expensive and a lot of hype but nowadays almost every brand hypes their products a lot

21. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Answers

I better stock up on this stuff before it get's banned !
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

What study shows that this product does work or does not work? I have not even used the product or researched it to nock it.

23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Answers

I'm knocking the marketing verbiage MT uses. The product claims are down right LIES.

Do you believe what they claim the product will do for you? If so, I clean water supply I want to sell you in Mexico.

24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

i've said it once and i'll say it again...most mainstream sup companies build their products on studies such as the one posted above, and not by doing their own research as they rather spend their money in marketing. sure muscletech sucks...but if their prices were better you'd probably sing a different tune. just look at this 400mg of caffeine everyone is amazed about...what makes muscletechs caffeine different from anyone elses? the ingredients work its the hype and price you are pissed at!

25. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    i've said it once and i'll say it again...most mainstream sup companies build their products on studies such as the one posted above, and not by doing their own research as they rather spend their money in marketing. sure muscletech sucks...but if their prices were better you'd probably sing a different tune. just look at this 400mg of caffeine everyone is amazed about...what makes muscletechs caffeine different from anyone elses? the ingredients work its the hype and price you are pissed at!
    Exactly ! If they cut their prices in half... er, I mean 1/3, and didn't have such B.S. marketing and claims in their ad's, and didn't have such outrageous proprietary blends.. they'd be ok.

26. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    What study shows that this product does work or does not work? I have not even used the product or researched it to nock it.
    I don't know man. Perhaps you can make another youtube video and log it for us - report back on your findings.

I will rep you into the green if you do

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    Exactly ! If they cut their prices in half... er, I mean 1/3, and didn't have such B.S. marketing and claims in their ad's, and didn't have such outrageous proprietary blends.. they'd be ok.
    LOL, exactly. So IF, AND, AND, AND, AND all of that, they'd be an A-OKAY company. Just like if politicians didn't lie, cheat, steal, bribe, and commit adultery, they'd be A-OKAY too

28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

LOL, exactly. So IF, AND, AND, AND, AND all of that, they'd be an A-OKAY company. Just like if politicians didn't lie, cheat, steal, bribe, and commit adultery, they'd be A-OKAY too

29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

I'll be happy to test it out...

30. IBE/PHF Rep
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by D3vildog View Post
    I'll be happy to test it out...
    Only if they send ya 2 free bottles though right ??

31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    Only if they send ya 2 free bottles though right ??
    Nah, ill buy a small bottle (if its anything like hydroxycut it will will have two sizes)

I like the Hardcore stuff, only **** i have ever used that controls my appetite, so i will give it a shot. Although im nearing my end with patience for Muscletech Products...

hey if it doesn't work, at least i gave it a shot, and someone can yell at me on AM.

32. Senior Member
    Answers

yeah guys now we are getting on track, the big problem with MT is the price cause they have decent ingredients on their products, gakic , anatorp70,nitrotech,leukic and in my point of view cryotest are decent products , the BIG problem is that you buy equal and sometimes better stuff cheaper.
    About the hype , some is hilarious but I also give a good laughs with other brands , some of them with a good reputation here on AM

33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Don't get me started!
    Perfectly put. I don't see why they would ever regulate it since it isn't really hurting anybody. Muscletech just pollutes the supplement industry. All supplement companies make claims about their products but muscletech just flat out lies. I just can't believe there are actually people who are going to see this at GNC and think,"Heat shock proteins! Wow,muscletech has finally out done themselves! Now I can finally look like Jay Cutler!"

34. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by planetfuzz View Post
    Perfectly put. I don't see why they would ever regulate it since it isn't really hurting anybody. Muscletech just pollutes the supplement industry. All supplement companies make claims about their products but muscletech just flat out lies. I just can't believe there are actually people who are going to see this at GNC and think,"Heat shock proteins! Wow,muscletech has finally out done themselves! Now I can finally look like Jay Cutler!"
    one of the reasons why I disagree is that unfortunately I`m tired of seeing a lot of the other so called reputed brands sometimes mislabeling products, under dose them, put melamine or bunk china stuff on them , put stuff on the market without knowing how it works (but with big claims )and I don't see even half of the bashing(I could list some brands but I think you all know what I`m taking about and I`ll avoid the drama).
    At least with MT you pay but I`m almost 100% certain the ingredients are there and tested.
    I `m not a MT lover or rep, people who knows me here knows I always try to be fair and unbiased in my point of view , if you guys disagree that's ok, but I hope you all respect my point of view on this subject
    Last edited by nunes; 12-15-2008 at 06:35 PM.

35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xtgear View Post

Abstract:

YES EDUCATE THESE PAWDAWANS srry bout the caps
    haha HSP are very real and have a very strong impact (if stimulated correctly) kinda like stim cell agonist,but thats a differnt story

36. Senior Member
    Answers

this is the description of mri war, in their web site I think they have some links to studies with hsp, IMO I think the HSP may have some potential on bodybuilding , the future will tell...
    Workout Anabolic Rrecovery™

Intra/Post Workout Formula For Serious Growth

New "Heat Shock" Recovery-Acceleration Technology*
    Triggers Optimal Glycogen Restoration*
    Proprietary "Muscle Perfect" Amino Acid Ratio Ignites Protein Synthesis*
    Helps Force Positive Nitrogen Balance (PNB) for Growth*
    Clinically Proven Crea-Charge Creatine: Faster Absorbed and up to 29% More Bioavailable*

FREE! BLACK POWDER sample + Training Guide inside!
    The Scientific Breakthrough in Recovery!

WAR represents one of the biggest scientific breakthroughs in recovery - ever. Now you can help increase your body's adaptive response to training - in less time. Plus, WAR not only helps you gain more muscle from today's workout, it primes your body for tomorrow's training!

MRI's "Heat Shock Protein" Technology: MRI's revolutionary new technology targets Heat Shock Proteins (HSPs). HSPs accelerate both speed and efficiency of your body's adaptive response to training.*

Proprietary "Muscle Effect" Amino Profile: MRI's proprietary complex gives you the exact amino profile in human muscle tissue. Now you don't have to wonder if you're getting it from food or a combination of supplements. This "human ratio" of amino acids ignites, and accelerates, protein synthesis. In addition, MRI's new HSP Technology helps convert more aminos into bone fide muscle fiber! Now you can get more muscle per workout!*

Triggers Glycogen Storage: MRI's precise molecular weight "super carb" (waxy maize) helps rapidly trigger the process of glucogen storage. With super-saturated muscle glygogen stores, you increase the training potential of your next workout.*

37. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    one of the reasons why I disagree is that unfortunately I`m tired of seeing a lot of the other so called reputed brands sometimes mislabel products, under dose them, put melamine or bunk stuff on them , put stuff on the market without knowing how it works (but with big claims )and I dont see even half of the bashing(I could list some brands but I think you all know what I`m taking about and I`ll avoid the drama).
    At least with MT you pay but I`m almost 100% certain the ingredients are there and tested.
    I `m not a MT lover or rep, people who knows me here knows I always try to be fair and unbiased in my point of view , if you guys disagree that's ok, but I hope you all respect my point of view on this subject
    I know what you mean man. Even the "reputable" companies have most stuff listed as proprietary blends. If Everything was properly dosed, they wouldn't have to disguise it with a proprietary blend and leave us guessing as to exactly what we're taking in.

38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    yeah guys now we are getting on track, the big problem with MT is the price cause they have decent ingredients on their products, gakic , anatorp70,nitrotech,leukic and in my point of view cryotest are decent products , the BIG problem is that you buy equal and sometimes better stuff cheaper.
    About the hype , some is hilarious but I also give a good laughs with other brands , some of them with a good reputation here on AM

i like nano vapor...but shhhh dont tell anyone...i got a reputation to uphold...i just tell people at the gym that i do crack....

39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I know what you mean man. Even the "reputable" companies have most stuff listed as proprietary blends. If Everything was properly dosed, they wouldn't have to disguise it with a proprietary blend and leave us guessing as to exactly what we're taking in.
    ....or they don't want you to know the dosing. i've emailed several compaines on what is the amount in some blends as i wanted to find out what exactly i was paying for. the general responce was "its a secert". so i said fuk you then i'm not paying for your bull****...this is not limited to MT by any means!

40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    okay, had to take a peak...

it looks like a buch of herbs, some caffine and mono... no fkn surprises there.

...so this must have been Dex's secret weapon, huh? I bet ya Jay is pissed, he was stuck with the cryogenic suppository event that landed him second place.

These boys would be better off taking steroids....
    even MT's vitamins come with creatine.... do not underestimate the power of creatine

taken straight from their new company - muscle asylum project.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. MUSCLETECH ( need help )
    By 10bathroomsO in forum Supplements
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 05:18 AM
  2. Ive never been a fan of MuscleTech, but...
    By ctAL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 11:57 AM
  3. Muscletech
    By bigCountry000 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 04:21 PM
  4. MuscleTech IntraVol
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 09:42 AM
  5. When will muscletech get its own forum?
    By ari4216 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 02:48 PM