Call me Orville Redenbacher- a lot of popping

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Call me Orville Redenbacher- a lot of popping


    HELP!! My knees and elbows are popping like crazy. My knees really hurt bad, and the popping has gotten worse. Since I started working my legs more (deep hack squats, deep squats, heavy and deep leg presses), my legs have grown, but at a price. When I touch the top edge of my knee caps they hurt; my knees hurt when I sit. I have to keep my legs stretched out to avoid the pain. My elbows pop when I flex, or when I am doing tripcep exercises.


  2. Subbed for support. Wish I could help, interested to see what others say.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
    •   
       


  3. Dammit, I thought this was about some health facts on popcorn.
    Freedom means nothing here.

  4. glucosamine, cissus etc. there are many products out there to try. AN's new Osteo sport has a good looking combo of them.

  5. cissus
    mw2012
    •   
       


  6. Buddy i have skinny legs and im popping like rice crispies when i walk or bend down.

  7. Do you take fish oil? I think something that lubricates the joints is good in this case. Also some low impact stretching will help as well. Stretching, yoga and similar exercises promotes a natural lubrication of joints.

  8. Lots of good ideas, I would definitely recommend:

    Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate, MSM. Those are you building blocks. Cissus got my joints to stop popping; feel free to pick your extract of choice. Celadrin got the job done for both of my parents where other products failed, so I tend to suggest this as well. Celadrin & MSM (120 caps) By: NOW Foods takes care of 2 of them, Osteosport hits it from a bunch of angles as well.

    Cutting back on the heavy lifting could help, but who wants to do that Just pay attention to your form, and try getting some supps to help reinforce your joints. I could have listed more and you probably don't need all those; I would start off with those and see if it improves in 6-8 weeks. Rebuilding joints is a slow process and you've clearly damaged yours through training. Progress comes with a price.

  9. Don't go so deep on lifts if you want to avoid knee problems. Or you can try the supplement everyone has listed above to try and combat it.

  10. Thanks a lot for the responses guys. I have decided to give any type of squatting exercises a break for a while. I will just do stuff like, leg curls, hip abductors, and light leg extensions, and also SDL, RDL.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Thanks a lot for the responses guys. I have decided to give any type of squatting exercises a break for a while. I will just do stuff like, leg curls, hip abductors, and light leg extensions, and also SDL, RDL.
    Another thing, besides not going down so far, would be to warm-up with light weight on the leg extension machine. I usually do like 3-4 sets of 18-20 reps.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Buddy i have skinny legs and im popping like rice crispies when i walk or bend down.
    I had the popping for years now, but they did not hurt. Do yours hurt? If all I had was the popping, I would not be so concerned. Looking back, I wish I had paid more attention to the popping sound, maybe my knees would be in better shape. Hopefully it is not too late to repair them. I will get some celadrin with msm from the local nutrition depot, then bridge with osteo sport when it arrives from NP.

  13. I thought when you go down partially, it puts more stress on your knees, especially on hack squats. It is so bad now, I can't even do squats with my body weight, or attempt to stand after sitting, without wincing in pain. Do you all think wrapping my knees in the future will help to minimize damage?

  14. Ok, I just called my local nutrition shop looking some of the stuff you guys recommended, and he is trying to sell me a product called Joint Renew by Nurtitox, tell me what you guys think
    http://store.nutritox.com/NutriStore...int-renew.aspx

  15. I started wrapping my knees for leg press and squats and I think it helps a lot. Sometimes my knees would get a little sore but nothing bad. Now with the wraps the soreness is pretty much non existent.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Ok, I just called my local nutrition shop looking some of the stuff you guys recommended, and he is trying to sell me a product called Joint Renew by Nurtitox, tell me what you guys think
    http://store.nutritox.com/NutriStore...int-renew.aspx

    I'm not familiar with the brand but there are a lot of joint formulas out there. I would definitely get a combined formula and not just cissus or gluc. etc. As always do a little comparison shopping and consider the brand reputation...you get what you pay for but you can also over pay.

    I find that it takes several weeks for any of them to begin having an effect and it will be subtle at first. The popping won't be so sharp & loud etc. It probably will never go away but it can get better.

    Modifying your lifts is a good idea but I would include the supps also.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    I had the popping for years now, but they did not hurt. Do yours hurt? If all I had was the popping, I would not be so concerned. Looking back, I wish I had paid more attention to the popping sound, maybe my knees would be in better shape. Hopefully it is not too late to repair them. I will get some celadrin with msm from the local nutrition depot, then bridge with osteo sport when it arrives from NP.
    If your knees are going snap, crackle, pop, I think that's a sign to start taking precautions.

    "My knees sound like a grand finale of 4th of July fireworks when I walk... I started years ago, but now it hurts really bad."

    Preventative measures for degenerative situations.
    Freedom means nothing here.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by glg View Post
    I'm not familiar with the brand but there are a lot of joint formulas out there. I would definitely get a combined formula and not just cissus or gluc. etc. As always do a little comparison shopping and consider the brand reputation...you get what you pay for but you can also over pay.

    I find that it takes several weeks for any of them to begin having an effect and it will be subtle at first. The popping won't be so sharp & loud etc. It probably will never go away but it can get better.

    Modifying your lifts is a good idea but I would include the supps also.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, that is what I said to him when he said the brand, I have never heard of them. But he says it is selling like crazy and that people are getting results (like he would tell me if they were not). His big pitch is the amount of MG in each ingredient, ie , Chondroitin Sulfate, MSN and the other stuff. I feel I need something that has those and some cissus as well. I am not knowledgeable with all the scientific stuff, but from what you guys are recommending, it seems I definitely need something that has all the things in this product, plus cissus as well. AM I right?

  19. Ok, one last entry from me: I did some more searching around, and found osteobolic-c from Applied Nutri, the same company that produces osteo-sport. Based on you guys experience, how do they match up?

  20. I use the Osteo-C but haven't ordered any of the Sport yet...still have a whole bottle of the C. I ordered several bottles so am working my way thru it but I definitely plan on switching to the Sport. I've used several of the AN products and have been very satisfied.

    I've also tried the cheap stuff from Wal Mart and Sams Club when i was first trying different glucosamine supps. They were a waste...like I said you get what you pay for.

    I currently use a private brand for the gluc. and the Osteo_c for the Cissus.

    I also was satisfied with USP Labs Super Cissus but switched to AN because I was using several of their other products.

  21. How is the osteo-c working for you so far? If it is working, how soon did you feel results? I feel I might have to put off my cycle for a while until this gets under control, or just limit my leg workouts to exercises that don't aggravate my knee.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Thanks a lot for the responses guys. I have decided to give any type of squatting exercises a break for a while. I will just do stuff like, leg curls, hip abductors, and light leg extensions, and also SDL, RDL.
    I would cut out leg extensions all together- they put a lot of cross-wise shearing force on the knee- we did a pretty decent research project on it for one of my graduate biomechanics courses- they might be the cause of your issues...
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I would cut out leg extensions all together- they put a lot of cross-wise shearing force on the knee- we did a pretty decent research project on it for one of my graduate biomechanics courses- they might be the cause of your issues...
    What would a better alternative for quad isolation be?

  24. Thanks rms80.

  25. Well I've been on knee/joint supps for 4 - 5 years now. I get in moods where I stop taking so many supps/pills and my knees are the first thing that complains. Like I said it's a softening of the pain, popping and stiffness and I notice it a lot when I drop off.

    I know it's dumb and lazy but i just seem to do it every year or so and I can't really explain why.

    Like I said I like the Osteo-C a lot and do plan on switching to the Osteo-Sport because of the extra ingredients in it. The C usually takes about 3+ weeks for me to feel the softening effects when I've dropped off and started again. The glucosamine products seem to take a couple of weeks longer for me to notice a difference and I usually take both (again that's why I'm switching to the Sport). I also start very high in the dosages then once I feel the effect i start backing down to a maintenance dose.

    I am at 200# ((not in good shape right now so probably 25% BF or so). The C is recommended at 4 caps twice sdaily for me and I restart at 3 caps 3xday then back off usually to 3 caps 2xday.

    the glucosamine formula I use (Advocare brand) has 1,500 mg per 3 caps and I do 4 caps 3xday to start then back off to 3 caps 2xday. it seems most brands put a lot of glucosamine in so i assume it takes a lot to have an effect.

    I'm not sold on the hyurolic acid in oral form (my Orthopedic Dr looked into it for me) but it's in the Sport formula anyway. I get the shots annually and sometime 2 x year. I have really trashed knees from 40 yrs of taekwondo and other martial arts plus a couple of motrocycle crashes.

    I am sold on the Glucosamine & Cissus. I've read mixed studies about the MSM, and Chondriton but it's been whether or not they help vs any negatives so I use formulas with them just because.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 04:42 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
  3. just bought a lot of stuff, help me plan it out!
    By powerhouse21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
  4. any of you ectos getting A LOT of calories?
    By LakeMountD in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-31-2003, 07:06 PM
  5. A lot of newbie questions
    By alittlewhiteboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 06:25 AM
Log in
Log in