Prescribed drugs with supplements..Help!

Zerealj

Awards
Im 19 years old and im currently stacking Anabolic Pump and Powerfull. I had my wisdom teeth taken out recently and was prescribed Vicodin, is this ok to take alongside with the supplements?

crzyyoungn

crzyyoungn

Awards
I wouldn't think so but don't take my word for it. Hopefully with this bump a USP rep will step in and answer your question.

noobster

noobster

Awards
Ask a physician and noone else. There are so many known and unknown interactions between supplements and drugs, it's not worth the risk IMO. Better just lay off the supps for as long as you take the vicodin, a few days without them won't hurt your progress.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
The *rule* is consult your doctor about such things.

The problem with that is your doc's virtually guaranteed ignorance of & indifference to - your 'special supps'.

Since most dox think supplementation of any sort is bogus, s/he will almost certainly tell you to stop wasting your money on all of them.

Since you're not working out until your gums heal (RIGHT?) you'll lose nothing by letting your body focus on healing the surgery

Spoken as a vet of many doctors, many supplements - and many oral surgeries (next one: one week from today).