With Thanksgiving Around the Corner...

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I want to know what people are going to do (if anything) to minimize the damage of the gut busting Thanksgiving Dinner.

So let's hear it. What is your Physique Preservation Protocol? :D

Are there any additional supplements you take?

Do you do additional weight lifting/ HIIT pre-meal?

Do you avoid the need to change anything by eating an ultra-clean holiday meal?

Or do you say screw it for one day and eat/drink everything in sight? :D

I's love to hear people weigh in! (No pun intended) :donut:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tons and tons of insulean K , and im gunna try and get METFORMIN

crazilyfter42

Awards
Absolutely nothing. I binge on holidays especially thanksgiving. Its only a few days out of the year you have to live a little.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
By the time I get done getting my fill of Turkey I have no room left for any other food. The night before Thanksgiving I usually get stuck be a DD so I will have one beer at best. Now the day after Thanksgiving I may make myself a pumpkin pie and whey shake to drink after my squat day, but I am undetermined on that one yet lol.

Last year I had a pretty glutenous week right around Christmas, but I double dosed some Pslin and just walked around with a pump for most of the week. I definitely packed on a couple pounds but if I can get 1 pound of muscle and two pounds of fat eating like crap every once in a while I am happy with it. My bench also peaked around this time last year so you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
People should take advantage of the extra calories and nutrients to grow and recover unless your on a pre contest diet. If your not then eat up and enjoy!

Goliath

Goliath

Awards
I look at it as a great day for tasty protein & maintain some healthy eating
!
Turkey
Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans
Other veggies

Just...no pie :)
Instead have a muffin with some Nutella on it.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely nothing. I binge on holidays especially thanksgiving. Its only a few days out of the year you have to live a little.
I absolutely 100% agree with you. If you are worried about a couple holidays a year ruining your weight loss, you probably don't know how to manage your energy intake/expenditure! Live life for a couple days and enjoy the holidays! Eat a little bit more of everything you would never normally eat, and be happy! And maybe spend an extra hour in the gym pumping the iron the next week ;).

The only advise I can give you if you want to do some damage control is to sip on water for 2 hours before and up to the big meal, and about 30 minutes to an hour after eating, just go out on a brisk-light walk for about an hour around your neighborhood with a significant other or family member, and talk! Relax and enjoy the holidays.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My family is getting together at my parents' this year and each are bringing a few dishes. My wife and I are bringing corn, mashed sweet potatoes and deviled eggs. I can control the ingredients in those and sneak some healthy options onto the table! When in doubt, I eat what I brought and just fill the rest with turke (white meat and no skin)! :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I absolutely 100% agree with you. If you are worried about a couple holidays a year ruining your weight loss, you probably don't know how to manage your energy intake/expenditure! Live life for a couple days and enjoy the holidays! Eat a little bit more of everything you would never normally eat, and be happy! And maybe spend an extra hour in the gym pumping the iron the next week ;).

The only advise I can give you if you want to do some damage control is to sip on water for 2 hours before and up to the big meal, and about 30 minutes to an hour after eating, just go out on a brisk-light walk for about an hour around your neighborhood with a significant other or family member, and talk! Relax and enjoy the holidays.
I had almost forgot about that signature of yours :rofl:

I eat clean foods like turkey and vegetables and the likes until I am stuffed to the gills. That's just plain good nutrition.

The most damaging would be the deserts. Pumpkin pie, Pecan Pie and Cheesecake are so dense in bad calories it's not funny. I say this because I am sure to have at least one of each and likely A La Mode :)

I train and eat with great discipline most of the year. I no longer practice OCD and it's behaviors when it comes to my diet and my life especially during a time of celebration with family, friends and loved ones.

If I was going to stave off fat accrual what I used to do is double dose Sesathin, double dose Avant's FL7 and take ephedrine throughout the day. Be sure to put in a very grueling workout the day of or at least the day before and after.

Otherwise...life is too short to sweat the small stuff anymore.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bulking and Black HOLE - my holiday supplement :D

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Eat Pslin like it's candy and eat all day :D Kids don't try this at home

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Eat Pslin like it's candy and eat all day :D Kids don't try this at home
You know I was going to post the same thing.. Taking P-Slin in the past has helped me with high calorie fast food meals. I bet 800mg-1.2g of P-Slin before my Thanksgiving Meal would yield similar effects

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People should take advantage of the extra calories and nutrients to grow and recover unless your on a pre contest diet. If your not then eat up and enjoy!
damn right. one night of a turkey binge, will actually probably help you out in the long run. I know I cant wait

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
damn right. one night of a turkey binge, will actually probably help you out in the long run. I know I cant wait
Haha, today I had a "Thanksgiving Luncheon" at my office. Let's just say I didn't eat much for dinner tonight. The scary part is what I had today pales in comparison to what's on the menu next week :D

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
i'm on cycle, so i'm planning to eat everything that once had a beating heart.

ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
so nothing really minimizes the damage? how about something like dcp?

i have no control when it comes to food.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
20mins before consumption of Thanksgiving meal...

400mg P-Slin + 3 caps LG SLIN + NOW Acidophilus & Bifidus

With meal...

2g CLA

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I'll prob. make it a carb up day (AD) and go for broke.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lipolyze is a calorie waster, maybe something like that...

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
so nothing really minimizes the damage?
Nonsense! Oral ingestion of ~30g of epsom salts with 20oz of water 30 minutes before the meal, it should help with the "weight prevention" in about 2-3 hours. ;)

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
lipolyze is a calorie waster, maybe something like that...
I read something about this today. My wife brought it to my attention after reading the current featured transformation (some chick lost 95 pounds, and looks great). PLCAR, usnic acid, guggulsterones, and some EGCG I think. Not bad looking.

I don't have the bad conscious that some of us have when binging / cheating. And thankful for it too, as I have FOUR different dinners/lunches to attend >< This is gonna hurt real good! HAH!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read something about this today. My wife brought it to my attention after reading the current featured transformation (some chick lost 95 pounds, and looks great). PLCAR, usnic acid, guggulsterones, and some EGCG I think. Not bad looking.

I don't have the bad conscious that some of us have when binging / cheating. And thankful for it too, as I have FOUR different dinners/lunches to attend >< This is gonna hurt real good! HAH!

yea man i got 3 different dinners too. its gunna be soo fun. imma have to wear sweats all day so the waist will strech at each meal and i can still be some what comfy

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
so nothing really minimizes the damage? how about something like dcp?

i have no control when it comes to food.
One day of bad eating will not cause any damage if your eating properly on a regular basis. You'll cause more "damage" by getting stressed about it.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
First off, I don't eat until I am in pain.I plan on eating a plate then waiting then maybe another. And I make Thanksgiving my cheat day. SO I can eat whatever I want anyway. and One bad day is not going to suddenly make me look like ECU19

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I honestly don't think 1 meal...or even 1 day..of eating horrible will make 1 bit of difference in how you look. I might load up on p-slin and/or neovar, but that's just because it might be really fun :) - Unless someone is in a contest the next day I really wouldn't worry about 1 day of my life.

Now Chritmas through New Year's.....that's a week long binge fest :)

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
First off, I don't eat until I am in pain.I plan on eating a plate then waiting then maybe another. And I make Thanksgiving my cheat day. SO I can eat whatever I want anyway. and One bad day is not going to suddenly make me look like ECU19
That's my problem. On Thanksgiving, I don't STOP eating till I'm in pain.. then I have 1 more piece of pie :D:donut:

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
I just eat some turkey, a sweet potatoe, and some vegetables. Then, I eat about 3/4 of the pumkin pie piled with whipped cream!!!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I may take a few supps, but it is one day that I'm eating what and when I want.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I want to know what people are going to do (if anything) to minimize the damage of the gut busting Thanksgiving Dinner.

So let's hear it. What is your Physique Preservation Protocol? :D

Are there any additional supplements you take?

Do you do additional weight lifting/ HIIT pre-meal?

Do you avoid the need to change anything by eating an ultra-clean holiday meal?

Or do you say screw it for one day and eat/drink everything in sight? :D

I's love to hear people weigh in! (No pun intended) :donut:
Neovar, Neovar, and more Neovar- 5-6 pre-meal and you will literally have veins coming out of your ears b/c you are so pumped :)

and yes- I always say "**** it" on T-giving- I don't really eat any meat any more (wife quit cooking it)-but I am going all out on the turkey, stuffing (my favorite), ice cream, pie, etc.- I usually have 1 to 2 days a month where I eat whatever I want- I had a day last month where I had all-you-can-eat pancakes plus NeoVar and I gained 9 lbs. :D I am shooting for at least 10 on thanksgiving this year.....wish me luck

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i hate nothing more then on thanksgiving when people drink a glass of water and watch other people eat

enjoy the feckin holiday u clowns

im gonna eat like im going to prison the next day

holiday time > all

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
i hate nothing more then on thanksgiving when people drink a glass of water and watch other people eat

enjoy the feckin holiday u clowns

im gonna eat like im going to prison the next day

holiday time > all

Amen bro! Reps!

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Why would someone who is in great shape even care about one day of heavy calorie intake? I know it's a mind thing and have been there myself but I have learned to not let it bother me like it used to.