Trione with Test boosters

evankyle

Awards
I am using STOKED now by itself. WOuld adding 300mg-400mg a day trione increase the risk of hair loss. I am also planning on running T-BOL and then Drive one at a time. Would 6oxo work best STOKED, T-BOL or Drive. And most importantly would Trione cause an increased risk of hair loss as I already have front shedding. I have not bought Trione yet but I am thinking of adding it to my next order.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am using STOKED now by itself. WOuld adding 300mg-400mg a day trione increase the risk of hair loss. I am also planning on running T-BOL and then Drive one at a time. Would 6oxo work best STOKED, T-BOL or Drive. And most importantly would Trione cause an increased risk of hair loss as I already have front shedding. I have not bought Trione yet but I am thinking of adding it to my next order.
it will increase DHT signifigantly, if you go for the trione, hopefully nutraplanet sells the species line Testostolyze is Trion with Saw palmetto PE (special isomer the works by blocking DHT formation) so hair loss woul dbe much less of an issue.

evankyle

Awards
it will increase DHT signifigantly, if you go for the trione, hopefully nutraplanet sells the species line Testostolyze is Trion with Saw palmetto PE (special isomer the works by blocking DHT formation) so hair loss woul dbe much less of an issue.
Thank you. Your reply makes me realize trione is not worth the side effect of increased hair loss for me.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thank you. Your reply makes me realize trione is not worth the side effect of increased hair loss for me.

but you do realize that when you increase testosterone (regaurdless of what it is thats doing it) there will be an increase in DHT aswell, you cant really have one without the other, you gotta block its formation

evankyle

Awards
but you do realize that when you increase testosterone (regaurdless of what it is thats doing it) there will be an increase in DHT aswell, you cant really have one without the other, you gotta block its formation
true. does 6 oxo increase DHT more than test boosters. My guess is 6 oxo would increase it more than test boosters like Drive or STOKED (not sure on T-BOL) but this is only a guess and any insight is appreciated. I am planning to buy TOCO 8 and Virile Mane shampoo and maybe start taking 1 mg Propecia a day or take Spiro. From what I have read Saw Palmetto has mixed reviews on its effectiveness for blocking DHT.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
true. does 6 oxo increase DHT more than test boosters. My guess is 6 oxo would increase it more than test boosters like Drive or STOKED (not sure on T-BOL) but this is only a guess and any insight is appreciated. I am planning to buy TOCO 8 and Virile Mane shampoo and maybe start taking 1 mg Propecia a day or take Spiro. From what I have read Saw Palmetto has mixed reviews on its effectiveness for blocking DHT.
yea if your gunna be taking proscar/finisteride, i wouldnt worry too much about the DHT increase from 6oxo.

but yes 6oxo will increase DHT more then stoked or Drive,

ill dig up a saw palmetto study for you..

evankyle

Awards
yea if your gunna be taking proscar/finisteride, i wouldnt worry too much about the DHT increase from 6oxo.

but yes 6oxo will increase DHT more then stoked or Drive,

ill dig up a saw palmetto study for you..
I will probably not use Propecia for the next 8 months. My wife is pregnant and she worries if I take Propecia and have intercourse this could negatively affect the baby which I have no idea if it is true or not but I would rather be safe than sorry so I have Propecia but I am not using it for now.

I have read mixed reviews on Saw Palmetto but it is worth taking since it is more natural than Propecia.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Saw palmetto alters nuclear measurements reflecting DNA content in men with symptomatic BPH: evidence for a possible molecular mechanism.
Veltri RW, Marks LS, Miller MC, Bales WD, Fan J, Macairan ML, Epstein JI, Partin AW.

Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

OBJECTIVES: To examine the nuclear chromatin characteristics of epithelial cells, looking for an SPHB-mediated effect on nuclear DNA structure and organization. Saw palmetto herbal blend (SPHB) causes contraction of prostate epithelial cells and suppression of tissue dihydrotestosterone levels in men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia, but a fundamental mechanism remains unknown. METHODS: A 6-month randomized trial, comparing prostatic tissue of men treated with SPHB (n = 20) or placebo (n = 20), was performed. At baseline, the two groups were similar in age (65 versus 64 years), symptoms (International Prostate Symptom Score 18 versus 17), uroflow (maximal urinary flow rate 10 versus 11 mL/s), prostate volume (59 versus 58 cm(3)), prostate-specific antigen (4.2 versus 2.7 ng/mL), and percentage of epithelium (17% versus 16%). Prostatic tissue was obtained by sextant biopsy before and after treatment. Five-micron sections were Feulgen stained and quantitatively analyzed using the AutoCyte QUIC-DNA imaging system. Images were captured from 200 randomly selected epithelial cell nuclei, and 60 nuclear morphometric descriptors (NMDs) (eg, size, shape, DNA content, and textural features) were determined for each nucleus. Logistic regression analysis was used to assess the differences in the variances of the NMDs between the treated and untreated prostate epithelial cells. RESULTS: At baseline, the SPHB and placebo groups had similar NMD values. After 6 months of placebo, no significant change from baseline was found in the NMDs. However, after 6 months of SPHB, 25 of the 60 NMDs were significantly different compared with baseline, and a multivariate model for predicting treatment effect using 4 of the 25 was created (P <0.001). The multivariate model had an area under the receiver operating characteristic curve of 94% and an accuracy of 85%. CONCLUSIONS: Six months of SPHB treatment appears to alter the DNA chromatin structure and organization in prostate epithelial cells. Thus, a possible molecular basis for tissue changes and therapeutic effect of the compound is suggested.

Serenoa repens for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Wilt T, Ishani A, Mac Donald R.

General Internal Medicine (111-0), Minneapolis VA/VISN 13 Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), nonmalignant enlargement of the prostate, can lead to obstructive and irritative lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). The pharmacologic use of plants and herbs (phytotherapy) for the treatment of LUTS associated with BPH has been growing steadily. The extract of the American saw palmetto or dwarf palm plant, Serenoa repens (also known by its botanical name of Sabal serrulatum), is one of the several phytotherapeutic agents available for the treatment of BPH. OBJECTIVES: This systematic review aimed to assess the effects of Serenoa repens in the treatment of LUTS consistent with BPH. SEARCH STRATEGY: Trials were searched in computerized general and specialized databases (MEDLINE, EMBASE, Cochrane Library, Phytodok), by checking bibliographies, and by contacting manufacturers and researchers. SELECTION CRITERIA: Trials were eligible if they (1) randomized men with BPH to receive preparations of Serenoa repens (alone or in combination) in comparison with placebo or other BPH medications, and (2) included clinical outcomes such as urologic symptom scales, symptoms, or urodynamic measurements. Eligibility was assessed by at least two independent observers. DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS: Information on patients, interventions, and outcomes was extracted by at least two independent reviewers using a standard form. The main outcome measure for comparing the effectiveness of Serenoa repens with placebo or other BPH medications was the change in urologic symptom scale scores. Secondary outcomes included changes in nocturia and urodynamic measures. The main outcome measure for side effects was the number of men reporting side effects. MAIN RESULTS: In this update, 3 new trials involving 230 additional men (7.8%) have been included. 3139 men from 21 randomized trials lasting 4 to 48 weeks were assessed. 18 trials were double-blinded and treatment allocation concealment was adequate in 11 studies. Compared with placebo, Serenoa repens improved urinary symptom scores, symptoms, and flow measures. The weighted mean difference (WMD) for the urinary symptom score was -1.41 points (scale range 0-19), (95%CI = -2.52, -0.30, n = 1 study) and the risk ratio (RR) for self rated improvement was 1.76 (95%CI = 1.21, 2.54, n = 6 studies). The WMD for nocturia was -0.76 times per evening (95%CI = -1.22, -0.32; n = 10 studies). The WMD for peak urine flow was 1.86 ml/sec (95%CI = 0.60, 3.12, n = 9 studies). Compared with finasteride, Serenoa repens produced similar improvements in urinary symptom scores (WMD = 0.37 IPSS points (scale range 0-35), 95%CI = -0.45, 1.19, n = 2 studies) and peak urine flow (WMD = -0.74 ml/sec, 95%CI = -1.66, 0.18, n = 2 studies). Adverse effects due to Serenoa repens were mild and infrequent. Withdrawal rates in men assigned to placebo, Serenoa repens or finasteride were 7%, 9%, and 11%, respectively. REVIEWER'S CONCLUSIONS: The evidence suggests that Serenoa repens provides mild to moderate improvement in urinary symptoms and flow measures. Serenoa repens produced similar improvement in urinary symptoms and flow compared to finasteride and is associated with fewer adverse treatment events. The long term effectiveness, safety and ability to prevent BPH complications are not known. The results of this update are in agreement with our initial review.

Saw Palmetto induces growth arrest and apoptosis of androgen-dependent prostate cancer LNCaP cells via inactivation of STAT 3 and androgen receptor signaling.
Yang Y, Ikezoe T, Zheng Z, Taguchi H, Koeffler HP, Zhu WG.

Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, PR China. [email protected]

PC-SPES is an eight-herb mixture that has an activity against prostate cancer. Recently, we purified Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) from PC-SPES and found that Saw Palmetto induced growth arrest of prostate cancer LNCaP, DU145, and PC3 cells with ED50s of approximately 2.0, 2.6, and 3.3 microl/ml, respectively, as measured by mitochondrial-dependent conversion of the the 3-(4, 5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2, 5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay. Saw Palmetto induced apoptosis of LNCaP cells in a time- and dose-dependent manner as measured by TUNEL assays. Also, Saw Palmetto increased the expression of p21waf1 and p53 protein in LNCaP cells. In addition, we found that Saw Palmetto down-regulated DHT- or IL-6-induced expression of prostate specific antigen in conjunction with down-regulation of the level of androgen receptor in the nucleus as measured by Western blot analysis. Moreover, Saw Palmetto down-regulated the IL-6-induced level of the phosphorylated form of STAT 3 in LNCaP cells. Furthermore, Saw Palmetto inhibited the growth of LNCaP cells present as tumor xenografts in BALB/c nude mice without adverse effect. These results indicate that Saw Palmetto might be useful for the treatment of individuals with prostate cancer.

Serenoa repens (Permixon) inhibits the 5alpha-reductase activity of human prostate cancer cell lines without interfering with PSA expression.
Habib FK, Ross M, Ho CK, Lyons V, Chapman K.

Prostate Research Group, University of Edinburgh, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, 2nd Floor Main Outpatient Building, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH2 2XU, Scotland, UK.

The phytotherapeutic agent Serenoa repens is an effective dual inhibitor of 5alpha-reductase isoenzyme activity in the prostate. Unlike other 5alpha-reductase inhibitors, Serenoa repens induces its effects without interfering with the cellular capacity to secrete PSA. Here, we focussed on the possible pathways that might differentiate the action of Permixon from that of synthetic 5alpha-reductase inhibitors. We demonstrate that Serenoa repens, unlike other 5alpha-reductase inhibitors, does not inhibit binding between activated AR and the steroid receptor-binding consensus in the promoter region of the PSA gene. This was shown by a combination of techniques: assessment of the effect of Permixon on androgen action in the LNCaP prostate cancer cell line revealed no suppression of AR and maintenance of PSA protein expression at control levels. This was consistent with reporter gene experiments showing that Permixon failed to interfere with AR-mediated transcriptional activation of PSA and that both testosterone and DHT were equally effective at maintaining this activity. Our results demonstrate that despite Serenoa repens effective inhibition of 5alpha-reductase activity in the prostate, it did not suppress PSA secretion. Therefore, we confirm the therapeutic advantage of Serenoa repens over other 5alpha-reductase inhibitors as treatment with the phytotherapeutic agent will permit the continuous use of PSA measurements as a useful biomarker for prostate cancer screening and for evaluating tumour progression. (c) 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to determine the effectiveness of botanically derived inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia.
Prager N, Bickett K, French N, Marcovici G.

Clinical Research and Development Network, Aurora, CO, USA.

BACKGROUND: Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is characterized by the structural miniaturization of androgen-sensitive hair follicles in susceptible individuals and is anatomically defined within a given pattern of the scalp. Biochemically, one contributing factor of this disorder is the conversion of testosterone (T) to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) via the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5AR). This metabolism is also key to the onset and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Furthermore, AGA has also been shown to be responsive to drugs and agents used to treat BPH. Of note, certain botanical compounds have previously demonstrated efficacy against BPH. Here, we report the first example of a placebo-controlled, double-blind study undertaken in order to examine the benefit of these botanical substances in the treatment of AGA. OBJECTIVES: The goal of this study was to test botanically derived 5AR inhibitors, specifically the liposterolic extract of Serenoa repens (LSESr) and beta-sitosterol, in the treatment of AGA. Subjects: Included in this study were males between the ages of 23 and 64 years of age, in good health, with mild to moderate AGA. RESULTS: The results of this pilot study showed a highly positive response to treatment. The blinded investigative staff assessment report showed that 60% of (6/10) study subjects dosed with the active study formulation were rated as improved at the final visit. CONCLUSIONS: This study establishes the effectiveness of naturally occurring 5AR inhibitors against AGA for the first time, and justifies the expansion to larger trials.

there are more this was a quick search

Graham

Awards
Have you heard of nioxin shampoo. It is SUPPOSED to remove DHT from the hair follicles ive been using it. So many sallons swear by it. It sems to be a big shampoo line. They also have follicle booster to apply on the hair line. There is different numbers to classify your texture of hair an hair loss. I think propecia is better but since your haveing a baby maybe just in the mean time. But there is alot of mixed reviews of it on the web

evankyle

Awards
how have you liked Nioxin. Have you seen a decrease in shedding from it?

evankyle

Awards
Saw palmetto alters nuclear measurements reflecting DNA content in men with symptomatic BPH: evidence for a possible molecular mechanism.
Veltri RW, Marks LS, Miller MC, Bales WD, Fan J, Macairan ML, Epstein JI, Partin AW.

Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

OBJECTIVES: To examine the nuclear chromatin characteristics of epithelial cells, looking for an SPHB-mediated effect on nuclear DNA structure and organization. Saw palmetto herbal blend (SPHB) causes contraction of prostate epithelial cells and suppression of tissue dihydrotestosterone levels in men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia, but a fundamental mechanism remains unknown. METHODS: A 6-month randomized trial, comparing prostatic tissue of men treated with SPHB (n = 20) or placebo (n = 20), was performed. At baseline, the two groups were similar in age (65 versus 64 years), symptoms (International Prostate Symptom Score 18 versus 17), uroflow (maximal urinary flow rate 10 versus 11 mL/s), prostate volume (59 versus 58 cm(3)), prostate-specific antigen (4.2 versus 2.7 ng/mL), and percentage of epithelium (17% versus 16%). Prostatic tissue was obtained by sextant biopsy before and after treatment. Five-micron sections were Feulgen stained and quantitatively analyzed using the AutoCyte QUIC-DNA imaging system. Images were captured from 200 randomly selected epithelial cell nuclei, and 60 nuclear morphometric descriptors (NMDs) (eg, size, shape, DNA content, and textural features) were determined for each nucleus. Logistic regression analysis was used to assess the differences in the variances of the NMDs between the treated and untreated prostate epithelial cells. RESULTS: At baseline, the SPHB and placebo groups had similar NMD values. After 6 months of placebo, no significant change from baseline was found in the NMDs. However, after 6 months of SPHB, 25 of the 60 NMDs were significantly different compared with baseline, and a multivariate model for predicting treatment effect using 4 of the 25 was created (P <0.001). The multivariate model had an area under the receiver operating characteristic curve of 94% and an accuracy of 85%. CONCLUSIONS: Six months of SPHB treatment appears to alter the DNA chromatin structure and organization in prostate epithelial cells. Thus, a possible molecular basis for tissue changes and therapeutic effect of the compound is suggested.

Serenoa repens for benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Wilt T, Ishani A, Mac Donald R.

General Internal Medicine (111-0), Minneapolis VA/VISN 13 Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research, One Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), nonmalignant enlargement of the prostate, can lead to obstructive and irritative lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). The pharmacologic use of plants and herbs (phytotherapy) for the treatment of LUTS associated with BPH has been growing steadily. The extract of the American saw palmetto or dwarf palm plant, Serenoa repens (also known by its botanical name of Sabal serrulatum), is one of the several phytotherapeutic agents available for the treatment of BPH. OBJECTIVES: This systematic review aimed to assess the effects of Serenoa repens in the treatment of LUTS consistent with BPH. SEARCH STRATEGY: Trials were searched in computerized general and specialized databases (MEDLINE, EMBASE, Cochrane Library, Phytodok), by checking bibliographies, and by contacting manufacturers and researchers. SELECTION CRITERIA: Trials were eligible if they (1) randomized men with BPH to receive preparations of Serenoa repens (alone or in combination) in comparison with placebo or other BPH medications, and (2) included clinical outcomes such as urologic symptom scales, symptoms, or urodynamic measurements. Eligibility was assessed by at least two independent observers. DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS: Information on patients, interventions, and outcomes was extracted by at least two independent reviewers using a standard form. The main outcome measure for comparing the effectiveness of Serenoa repens with placebo or other BPH medications was the change in urologic symptom scale scores. Secondary outcomes included changes in nocturia and urodynamic measures. The main outcome measure for side effects was the number of men reporting side effects. MAIN RESULTS: In this update, 3 new trials involving 230 additional men (7.8%) have been included. 3139 men from 21 randomized trials lasting 4 to 48 weeks were assessed. 18 trials were double-blinded and treatment allocation concealment was adequate in 11 studies. Compared with placebo, Serenoa repens improved urinary symptom scores, symptoms, and flow measures. The weighted mean difference (WMD) for the urinary symptom score was -1.41 points (scale range 0-19), (95%CI = -2.52, -0.30, n = 1 study) and the risk ratio (RR) for self rated improvement was 1.76 (95%CI = 1.21, 2.54, n = 6 studies). The WMD for nocturia was -0.76 times per evening (95%CI = -1.22, -0.32; n = 10 studies). The WMD for peak urine flow was 1.86 ml/sec (95%CI = 0.60, 3.12, n = 9 studies). Compared with finasteride, Serenoa repens produced similar improvements in urinary symptom scores (WMD = 0.37 IPSS points (scale range 0-35), 95%CI = -0.45, 1.19, n = 2 studies) and peak urine flow (WMD = -0.74 ml/sec, 95%CI = -1.66, 0.18, n = 2 studies). Adverse effects due to Serenoa repens were mild and infrequent. Withdrawal rates in men assigned to placebo, Serenoa repens or finasteride were 7%, 9%, and 11%, respectively. REVIEWER'S CONCLUSIONS: The evidence suggests that Serenoa repens provides mild to moderate improvement in urinary symptoms and flow measures. Serenoa repens produced similar improvement in urinary symptoms and flow compared to finasteride and is associated with fewer adverse treatment events. The long term effectiveness, safety and ability to prevent BPH complications are not known. The results of this update are in agreement with our initial review.

Saw Palmetto induces growth arrest and apoptosis of androgen-dependent prostate cancer LNCaP cells via inactivation of STAT 3 and androgen receptor signaling.
Yang Y, Ikezoe T, Zheng Z, Taguchi H, Koeffler HP, Zhu WG.

Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, PR China. [email protected]

PC-SPES is an eight-herb mixture that has an activity against prostate cancer. Recently, we purified Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) from PC-SPES and found that Saw Palmetto induced growth arrest of prostate cancer LNCaP, DU145, and PC3 cells with ED50s of approximately 2.0, 2.6, and 3.3 microl/ml, respectively, as measured by mitochondrial-dependent conversion of the the 3-(4, 5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2, 5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay. Saw Palmetto induced apoptosis of LNCaP cells in a time- and dose-dependent manner as measured by TUNEL assays. Also, Saw Palmetto increased the expression of p21waf1 and p53 protein in LNCaP cells. In addition, we found that Saw Palmetto down-regulated DHT- or IL-6-induced expression of prostate specific antigen in conjunction with down-regulation of the level of androgen receptor in the nucleus as measured by Western blot analysis. Moreover, Saw Palmetto down-regulated the IL-6-induced level of the phosphorylated form of STAT 3 in LNCaP cells. Furthermore, Saw Palmetto inhibited the growth of LNCaP cells present as tumor xenografts in BALB/c nude mice without adverse effect. These results indicate that Saw Palmetto might be useful for the treatment of individuals with prostate cancer.

Serenoa repens (Permixon) inhibits the 5alpha-reductase activity of human prostate cancer cell lines without interfering with PSA expression.
Habib FK, Ross M, Ho CK, Lyons V, Chapman K.

Prostate Research Group, University of Edinburgh, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, 2nd Floor Main Outpatient Building, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH2 2XU, Scotland, UK.

The phytotherapeutic agent Serenoa repens is an effective dual inhibitor of 5alpha-reductase isoenzyme activity in the prostate. Unlike other 5alpha-reductase inhibitors, Serenoa repens induces its effects without interfering with the cellular capacity to secrete PSA. Here, we focussed on the possible pathways that might differentiate the action of Permixon from that of synthetic 5alpha-reductase inhibitors. We demonstrate that Serenoa repens, unlike other 5alpha-reductase inhibitors, does not inhibit binding between activated AR and the steroid receptor-binding consensus in the promoter region of the PSA gene. This was shown by a combination of techniques: assessment of the effect of Permixon on androgen action in the LNCaP prostate cancer cell line revealed no suppression of AR and maintenance of PSA protein expression at control levels. This was consistent with reporter gene experiments showing that Permixon failed to interfere with AR-mediated transcriptional activation of PSA and that both testosterone and DHT were equally effective at maintaining this activity. Our results demonstrate that despite Serenoa repens effective inhibition of 5alpha-reductase activity in the prostate, it did not suppress PSA secretion. Therefore, we confirm the therapeutic advantage of Serenoa repens over other 5alpha-reductase inhibitors as treatment with the phytotherapeutic agent will permit the continuous use of PSA measurements as a useful biomarker for prostate cancer screening and for evaluating tumour progression. (c) 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to determine the effectiveness of botanically derived inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia.
Prager N, Bickett K, French N, Marcovici G.

Clinical Research and Development Network, Aurora, CO, USA.

BACKGROUND: Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) is characterized by the structural miniaturization of androgen-sensitive hair follicles in susceptible individuals and is anatomically defined within a given pattern of the scalp. Biochemically, one contributing factor of this disorder is the conversion of testosterone (T) to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) via the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5AR). This metabolism is also key to the onset and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Furthermore, AGA has also been shown to be responsive to drugs and agents used to treat BPH. Of note, certain botanical compounds have previously demonstrated efficacy against BPH. Here, we report the first example of a placebo-controlled, double-blind study undertaken in order to examine the benefit of these botanical substances in the treatment of AGA. OBJECTIVES: The goal of this study was to test botanically derived 5AR inhibitors, specifically the liposterolic extract of Serenoa repens (LSESr) and beta-sitosterol, in the treatment of AGA. Subjects: Included in this study were males between the ages of 23 and 64 years of age, in good health, with mild to moderate AGA. RESULTS: The results of this pilot study showed a highly positive response to treatment. The blinded investigative staff assessment report showed that 60% of (6/10) study subjects dosed with the active study formulation were rated as improved at the final visit. CONCLUSIONS: This study establishes the effectiveness of naturally occurring 5AR inhibitors against AGA for the first time, and justifies the expansion to larger trials.

there are more this was a quick search
thank you for posting this

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
toco 8 is supposed to help with hair loss and some regrowth

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
toco 8 is supposed to help with hair loss and some regrowth

through what MOA, i dont believe its any sort of DHT blocker,

nor if your not deficient in Vitamnin E i dont see how effective it will be.,

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
through what MOA, i dont believe its any sort of DHT blocker,

nor if your not deficient in Vitamnin E i dont see how effective it will be.,
there's something about the type of e they use. it won't block dht but the guy said his hair was already thinning so maybe he could take a look. repair the problem perhaps

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there's something about the type of e they use. it won't block dht but the guy said his hair was already thinning so maybe he could take a look. repair the problem perhaps

yea but look at the studies, they were all done in E defiecient rats.

not saying its a bad product, im just saying that if your not deficient in it it may not work AS well