Supplement suggestions

poptopop77

Awards
Whats up everyone? I'm new to these forums and from just browsing around I've already found a lot of useful information. I was wondering though if anyone could help me out and give me some suggestions that are more focused to exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm currently 19 at 5'10 and 190 lbs. I play baseball at the college I'm at so drug testing does play an issue for me due to the NCAA banning multiple substances. We are about to start our off season work out which consists of working out M/T/TH/F hitting each muscle group twice a week. We do sets of 3 x 8 or 3 x 6 depending on the week. I'll be cleaning up my diet the best I can from what my dining hall offers me/what I keep in my room. Suggestions on what to get are also greatly appreciated.

As far supplements go, I'm not too worried about being tested because we were already randomly tested this semester which means I'm good until march/april or even longer as long as whatever I'm taking does not stay in my system for a long amount of time.

All suggestions and help are greatly appreciated. If I'm leaving anything out that's important information just let me know.

Thanks a bunch. :cheers:

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Well first off you need the basics:
Whey Protein
Creatine
Multi Vitamin
Fish Oil
BCAAs

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Well im in the same boat u r bro so obviously all prohormones and steroids r out of the question... All u really need is some protein, creatine, and mayb a preworkout supp

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I wouldn't mess with PHs or steroids at 19 specially being in a nCAA sport.

poptopop77

Awards
Yeah I wasn't planning on taking any steroids or PHs since of the health risks at my age. My friend works at GNC so he told me what to get for this past summer which included Nano vapor, Anabolic halo, Wheybolic protein, multivitamin packs and nighttime protein. I'm going to pick up those main essentials that you listed. Any suggestions for a good creatine?

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
LOL please don't listen to your friend he suggested mostly MuscleTech which sucks and is over priced, also buy your supplements online.

Look into:
Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
AN Neovar
MST Cre 02
for creatines

poptopop77

Awards
haha yeah I realized that after I bought them when I did some research. I'll take a look into the creatines you mentioned. Any suggestions for an online store? If I can get the stuff from GNC I'd like to since my friend gets me at least 50% off everything. If not I'd just pay the money for the quality of the product.

Thanks again.

Graham

Awards
Creatine, beta alanine. whey isolates protien.An before bed 1oo percent casien by optimun nutrition before bed. Waxie maize starch carbs after you wake up. An stay away from prohormones I regretdoing that to the maxx.

Graham

Awards
Oh my bad waxie maize starch after you work out not wake up

Graham

Awards
Waxie maize start after your work out not wake up my bad:cheers:

GoodOleBoy

Awards
Just wonderin

LOL please don't listen to your friend he suggested mostly MuscleTech which sucks and is over priced, also buy your supplements online.

Look into:
AN Neovar
MST Cre 02
for creatines
I noticed that none of the Creatines your recomended have a mono creatine.. Is there any reason behind that?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I noticed that none of the Creatines your recomended have a mono creatine.. Is there any reason behind that?
AN's NeoVar Recomped is a blend of creatine monohydrate and phosphocreatine (having also a few other ingredients to enhance the product).

As allstar said, all you REALLY need are the basics. Once you've got some more experience with supplements, then you could start looking at your pre-workout, etc., as wolverines suggested.

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
Creatine, beta alanine. whey isolates protien.An before bed 1oo percent casien by optimun nutrition before bed. Waxie maize starch carbs after you wake up. An stay away from prohormones I regretdoing that to the maxx.

I can lift all day on beta alanine, its the ****. It's pretty cheap too. I wouldn't risk the prohormones either just buy more food and whey. That **** makes your junk shrink and your hair fall out.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established

Look into:
AN Neovar
MST Cre 02
for creatines
Agreed 100%
These are my top 3 also.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
I too was a victim on muscletech advertisement. There are plenty of products to learn about, ones that muscletech doesn't have, ones that work better than muscletech, ones that are cheaper than muscletech.

These guys on here know what they are talking about. Ask lots of questions.