joint or serious

malou

malou

Awards
2 weeks ago i hurt my shoulder i let it rest didn't f... whit it till today and its worse than ever hurts like hell. what should i do what are my option rest it some more ? i need to go back to the gym i feel like sh.t been working cardio for to long:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 weeks ago i hurt my shoulder i let it rest didn't f... whit it till today and its worse than ever hurts like hell. what should i do what are my option rest it some more ? i need to go back to the gym i feel like sh.t been working cardio for to long:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
Depends what the mechanism if injury was, pain scale, type of pain, and whether or not it is affecting your ability to function. It could be a more serious injury, or something as minor as a muscle strain/sprain. I suggest that you go to see a physiotherapist, who should perform a series of special tests on you, as well as ask a detailed history of the injury, etc., to determine what to do next.

The uncostly option is to take a supplement that helps with joints, minimize range of motion/activity that causes pain, or rest. None which I would recommend for long if the problem persists.

malou

malou

Awards
Depends what the mechanism if injury was, pain scale, type of pain, and whether or not it is affecting your ability to function. It could be a more serious injury, or something as minor as a muscle strain/sprain. I suggest that you go to see a physiotherapist, who should perform a series of special tests on you, as well as ask a detailed history of the injury, etc., to determine what to do next.

The uncostly option is to take a supplement that helps with joints, minimize range of motion/activity that causes pain, or rest. None which I would recommend for long if the problem persists.
wuz on the bench working chest in the middle of the rep heard a lil 'pop'
but wuz able to finish the the set but i still didn't push i stopped working out felt a lil discomfort as i stated got my cardio on for 2 weeks:frustrate

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a doctors visit to me bro. Esp. if it's worse 2 weeks later.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have you received an official diagnosis of what the injury is from a doctor? He may have some recommendations.

There is a supplement that helps greatly with pain reduction and the repair of joint injuries: SuperCissus RX. Many people on this forum use it and love it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wuz on the bench working chest in the middle of the rep heard a lil 'pop'
but wuz able to finish the the set but i still didn't push i stopped working out felt a lil discomfort as i stated got my cardio on for 2 weeks:frustrate
A 'pop' would possibly indicate something to do with the labrum and/or the glenohumeral head coming out of the joint (i.e. instability of the glenohumeral head). Definitely go and see a physiotherapist (not a doctor; they just refer you to the physio), as it could be something more serious such as a minor subluxation.

malou

malou

Awards
somebody told me to get osteosport and give it a try w peanut butter and some vit. c
A 'pop' would possibly indicate something to do with the labrum and/or the glenohumeral head coming out of the joint (i.e. instability of the glenohumeral head). Definitely go and see a physiotherapist (not a doctor; they just refer you to the physio), as it could be something more serious such as a minor subluxation.
if that wuz tha case don't you think ill be in pain 24/7

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
somebody told me to get osteosport and give it a try w peanut butter and some vit. c
Osteosport is an excellent joint support product.

if that wuz tha case don't you think ill be in pain 24/7
Not necessarily. Some people can 'pop' their glenohumeral head in and out of the joint at will. Subluxation doesn't have to be painful. If it was dislocated, then yes, it might be painful all the time, or it might only be painful during certain movements and specific range of motion (i.e. not necessarily all the time).

Do what you think is best for you. If the pain is sharp or burning, then you should definitely see a professional about it, because it indicates bone or nerve problems.

malou

malou

Awards
i think is a joint thing will give osteosport a try if no improvement i guess ill just have to go c a doc
thanks guyz

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
If your going to try to stick it out what I will suggest is:

Fully Hydrate yourself
Microlactin
Glucosamine/Chondroitin
Valerian Root
Cissus
Calcium
and
some people say Jell-O(because its a collagen based gelatin.)

malou

malou

Awards
don't forget i'm on the low budget
is it anything i can find in food also
if yes what kind

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Ginger(spice)
Turmeric(spice)

Vitamin C: guava, peppers (yellow/red/green), oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, pineapple, lemons, broccoli, potatoes,Brussels sprouts.

Selenium: tuna, crab, oysters, tilapia, lean beef, cod, shrimp, wheat germ and whole grains

Beta carotene: sweet potato, carrots, butternut squash, turnip greens, pumpkin, mustard greens, cantaloupe, sweet red pepper, apricots and spinach.

Beta cryptoxanthin: pumpkins, persimmons, papaya, tangerines, peppers (red chili and red bell), corn, oranges, apricots, carrots, nectarine, and watermelon

Quercetin: onions (red, yellow, white), kale, leek, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, blueberries, black currants, elderberries, ligonberries, cocoa powder (unsweetened), apricot, apple with skin (*Red Delicious), and red/pruple/black grapes

Anthocyanidins: blackberries, black currents, blueberries, eggplant, elderberries, rheumatoid arthritis spberries, cherries, boysenberries, red/black/purple grapes, strawberries, plum, cranberries, rhubarb, red wine, red onion, and apples.

OMEGA 3 Fatty Acids

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
No Problem Bud!

But I wouldn't try to stick it out to much longer, if its causing pain. See a doctor/chiropractor.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No Problem Bud!

But I wouldn't try to stick it out to much longer, if its causing pain. See a doctor/chiropractor.
A doctor will only refer you to someone else, most probably a physiotherapist. Also, a chiropractor would be good if you had BACK problems, but not really for SHOULDER issues.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
Well yes, but the doctor is a step in the right direction.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are on a budget...

Fish Oil
Aleve before training
Mineral ice before bed
Vitamin C

Additions if there is money left:

Cissus (can be had CHEAP if you look around)
Bromelain