Coconut Oil

  1. Coconut Oil


    I've read that coconut oil has a positive impact on testosterone levels, but couldn't seem to find the ideal dosage. Does anyone know how much to take to receive its benefits?


  2. There's no exact answer. I like to do between 2tsp-1 tbsp pre-bed. I usually take it immediately pre-bed, but some people prefer taking it 60-90 minutes beforehand. I find both work, but I usually take it with my pre-bed meal.

    Also you can consider taking some throughout the day to further increase your saturated fat intake, although during your sleep there is alot of hormone synthesis/repair happening, and this should be the primary time you want all the saturated fats from the coconut oil. Also try and buy unrefined coconut oil if possible, to maximize the other health benefits.

  3. That ones going to be hard to answer, but I think if you include a tablespoon throughout the day you will be getting a good dose. A lot of it depends on your fat intake and other factors that affect Testosterone levels. Coconut is a mainly saturated fat which is what Testosterone gets produced from so just having it be adequate for your overall intake will be beneficial in optimizing your endogenous hormonal output.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    •   
       


  4. Thanks for the answers guys.

  5. yea no definete answer its safe to say 1 tablespoon 2x a day can help but who knows how much. just because of the effect it has on cholesterol synthesis in the testis

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    I've read that coconut oil has a positive impact on testosterone levels, but couldn't seem to find the ideal dosage. Does anyone know how much to take to receive its benefits?
    I have had good results on 1 tbsp ED. Another good option for test levels is whole eggs. Most bodybuilders eat egg whites only. There are so many nutrients in egg yolks and the cholesterol in them is good for hormone production, but I wouldn't eat over two per day.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    I have had good results on 1 tbsp ED. Another good option for test levels is whole eggs. Most bodybuilders eat egg whites only. There are so many nutrients in egg yolks and the cholesterol in them is good for hormone production, but I wouldn't eat over two per day.
    i eat anywhere from 4-12 eggss a day, which include the yolk....

    omega 3 eggs baby is where its at.

    also, blood cholesterol isnt effected by egg yolks, its effected by saturated fat, which eggs have a minimal amount.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i eat anywhere from 4-12 eggss a day, which include the yolk....

    omega 3 eggs baby is where its at.

    also, blood cholesterol isnt effected by egg yolks, its effected by saturated fat, which eggs have a minimal amount.
    The human body can easily use the cholesterol form egg yolks to synthesize testosterone, afterall, all hormones are made from cholesterol.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    The human body can easily use the cholesterol form egg yolks to synthesize testosterone, afterall, all hormones are made from cholesterol.

    yep

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    The human body can easily use the cholesterol form egg yolks to synthesize testosterone, afterall, all hormones are made from cholesterol.
    This is part of the reason why my favourite pre-bed meal is a hearty omelet about 60 minutes pre-bed. Also by putting it 1hr before bed I find it helps me keep a bit leaner.

    Unrefined coconut oil at can be found at most health food stores. It may be possible to find it in a supermarket, however if it doesn't clearly state virgin/unrefined, it is definitely refined as this method is cheaper to produce.

  11. I find that if I rub coconut oil on young 18yr old girls it increases my chances of a traumatic brain injury from my wife.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    I find that if I rub coconut oil on young 18yr old girls it increases my chances of a traumatic brain injury from my wife.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i eat anywhere from 4-12 eggss a day, which include the yolk....

    omega 3 eggs baby is where its at.

    also, blood cholesterol isnt effected by egg yolks, its effected by saturated fat, which eggs have a minimal amount.
    Correct- blood cholesterol has little to do with food choleterol. Cholesterol levels are affected manily by two things- saturated fats and trans fats.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by small_guy View Post
    Correct- blood cholesterol has little to do with food choleterol. Cholesterol levels are affected manily by two things- saturated fats and trans fats.
    yes, correct, but when looking at most any food that is highly saturated, it usually carries a high amount of cholesterol. so, one can not ignore those simple facts and indulge just because there is little direct correlation.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. COCONUT oil
    By LAC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 08:52 AM
  2. coconut oil
    By JudoJosh in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 11:19 AM
  3. coconut cream = coconut oil?
    By wontdie in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:10 AM
  4. Coconut Oil
    By MaDmaN in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Log in
Log in