just broke forearm, need some advice

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i broke my forearm (radius) 2 days ago, i have to go get it set back into place tomorrow morning...never broken a bone before lol, but is there any supplement that i can take that will help a little in the recovery stage, i love working out my forearms, i just want to rest assured that my bone heals strong and healthy so i can go back to working my forearms like i use to, recovery is about 8 weeks! 8 weeks with no gym, i will be lucky no to kill myself lol jk.........but this seriously sucks
thanks for your help, justin

P.S. will a diet help with my healing process??

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to hear! I'd take Cissus for sure, and preferably USPLabs. It's main use in Ayurveda is bone healing, not tendon issues.

SAN Bone Boost would help, too, but don't rely on the cissus in there to do the job. I'd take that and a lower dose of Super Cissus. I've seen anecdotal reports by actual users of halving recovery time after fractures.

The analgesic activity won't hurt either.

i broke my forearm (radius) 2 days ago, i have to go get it set back into place tomorrow morning...never broken a bone before lol, but is there any supplement that i can take that will help a little in the recovery stage, i love working out my forearms, i just want to rest assured that my bone heals strong and healthy so i can go back to working my forearms like i use to, recovery is about 8 weeks! 8 weeks with no gym, i will be lucky no to kill myself lol jk.........but this seriously sucks

Use 3 caps 3 times a day with food. Expect fracture to heal 33-50% faster but more importantly stronger!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
thank you guys, gunna do super cissus, and some osteosport i think!

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Milk does a body good.
and you're gonna love when they set it. Try not to scream like a little girl.
And let that thing heal before you try any thing crazy, It will make the healing process longer. Get well soon.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
thanks alot bib bama, and i requested to be knocked out while its happening lol, i have heard alot of storys about how painful it is ll, they are gunna do it, and they gave me a butt load of hydrocodone so i think i am set lol

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
is there anywhere i can buy super cissus without having to order it off line??

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Vitamin Shoppe has it on the shelves.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i live in upstate new york......do they have a store up around queensbury, lake george, or glens falls or something??

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use 3 caps 3 times a day with food. Expect fracture to heal 33-50% faster but more importantly stronger!
While i agree it will certainly assist to a degree in the bone remodeling/reconstruction process, the degree/significance of the fracture (I.E. compound (more specifically open joint), comminuted, Impact, pathologic, Spiral), the possibility of need for surgical reconstruction (Rods/screws/plates), or complications due to osteomyelitis (bone infection) will cetainly alter the bone healing process.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

How did you do it?

Is it a distal radial fracture (Down near your wrist?)

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah its closer to my wrist and it happened when i was punching my buddy's heavy bag......i hit it too hard and i felt a shooting pain, then numbness, i didnt think much of it till i saw my arm lol, it was all bent up and i asked my friend if it was broke and he said, "holy **** what the hell did you do, of coarse its broken dumbass!" so thats when i went to the ER and the retards said all i need is a cast and 6 weeks of healing and ill be fine, they never even gave me pain medication, so i went to my doctor and he situated the whole problem......getting it re-set tomorrow at 6:00am........they are going to knock me out because they might have to cut me open to fix it, but they said thats a small chance......its a nice clean break they said, there are no pieces of bone anywhere........

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yah its closer to my wrist and it happened when i was punching my buddy's heavy bag......i hit it too hard and i felt a shooting pain, then numbness, i didnt think much of it till i saw my arm lol, it was all bent up and i asked my friend if it was broke and he said, "holy **** what the hell did you do, of coarse its broken dumbass!" so thats when i went to the ER and the retards said all i need is a cast and 6 weeks of healing and ill be fine, they never even gave me pain medication, so i went to my doctor and he situated the whole problem......getting it re-set tomorrow at 6:00am........they are going to knock me out because they might have to cut me open to fix it, but they said thats a small chance......its a nice clean break they said, there are no pieces of bone anywhere........
I'm actually surprised it wasn't the typical "Boxer's Fracture" or a fracture of the 5th metacarpal joint......or just below your pinky joint.

It's good that it was fairly clean in the break, it should make your healing time faster as a result. I'm utterly shocked the E.R. didn't give you anything for pain, that is just bad medicine. I hope your reduction goes well tomorrow bud.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i live in upstate new york......do they have a store up around queensbury, lake george, or glens falls or something??
Check PMs buddy!

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
haha thanks guys, and thanks boro, i might head down to Albany lol

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you have any clinical studies that prove this?
I know, you will probally call me a "hater," but that's a bold claim.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm actually surprised it wasn't the typical "Boxer's Fracture" or a fracture of the 5th metacarpal joint......or just below your pinky joint.

It's good that it was fairly clean in the break, it should make your healing time faster as a result. I'm utterly shocked the E.R. didn't give you anything for pain, that is just bad medicine. I hope your reduction goes well tomorrow bud.
I've got 4 pins in my right hand; 3 in my left. :D

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you have any clinical studies that prove this?
I know, you will probally call me a "hater," but that's a bold claim.
I've seen enough anecdotal reports from users themselves, about this, to make taking it a no brainer.

That being said, see Ayurveda, and this:

1) Chopra SS, Patel MR, Awadhiya RP. Studies of Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair : a histopathological study Indian J Med Res. 1976 Sep;64(9):1365-8

2) Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC. Studies on Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair: effect on chemical parameters in blood Indian J Med Res. 1975 Jun;63(6):824-8.

3) PRASAD GC, UDUPA KN. EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS ON THE HEALING OF CORTISONE TREATED FRACTURES. Indian J Med Res. 1963 Jul;51:667-76.

the Ayurvedic texts recommend a dosage of 3 to 6 grams to accelerate fracture healing. Safety studies in rats showed no toxic effects at dosages as high as 2000 mg/kg of body weight.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could care less about studies that are from the 70's...
I want PROOF that Cissus heals bone fractures by 33-50%. I mean, you can't throw out a number like that without having evidence, right?
I've seen enough anecdotal reports from users themselves, about this, to make taking it a no brainer.

That being said, see Ayurveda, and this:

1) Chopra SS, Patel MR, Awadhiya RP. Studies of Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair : a histopathological study Indian J Med Res. 1976 Sep;64(9):1365-8

2) Chopra SS, Patel MR, Gupta LP, Datta IC. Studies on Cissus quadrangularis in experimental fracture repair: effect on chemical parameters in blood Indian J Med Res. 1975 Jun;63(6):824-8.

3) PRASAD GC, UDUPA KN. EFFECT OF CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS ON THE HEALING OF CORTISONE TREATED FRACTURES. Indian J Med Res. 1963 Jul;51:667-76.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why would the dates make them irrelevant, Iron? :)
In actuality, they don't. However, I would still like to know where the 33-55% was obtained. If it really did speed the process up by that much, and was proven to do so, would it not be a MUST for prescribing/treating doctors?
I've tried Cissus for 6 months, and did not notice any effects (positive or negative). Let me guess, I'm a non-responder, right?
I would just like to see the actual proof of the percentages given.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What cissus were you using? Strength, brand, etc? And did you have a fracture? What were you trying to treat?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In actuality, they don't. However, I would still like to know where the 33-55% was obtained. If it really did speed the process up by that much, and was proven to do so, would it not be a MUST for prescribing/treating doctors?
I've tried Cissus for 6 months, and did not notice any effects (positive or negative). Let me guess, I'm a non-responder, right?
I would just like to see the actual proof of the percentages given.
I get your drift. Here is a more neutral reference to the same percentages:

(WO/2008/081233) <i>CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS</i> PLANT EXTRACTS FOR TREATING OSTEOPOROSIS AND THE EXTRACTION PROCESS THEREOF

(WO/2008/081233) CISSUS QUADRANGULARIS PLANT EXTRACTS FOR TREATING OSTEOPOROSIS AND THE EXTRACTION PROCESS THEREOF

Cissus quadrangularis plant extracts for treating Osteoporosis and the extraction process thereof

Field of Invention

The invention relates to compositions and methods for preventing, treating, or managing osteoporosis or other related disorders such as bone loss, bone fracture, glucocorticoid induced osteoporosis, Pagets disease, osteoarthritis, peri-prosthetic osteolysis, cartilage degeneration, osteogenesis imperfecta and the like, comprising administration of a prophylactically and therapeutically effective amount of Cissus quadrangularis plant or extracts thereof to a mammal in need of such therapy. Preferably the mammal is human and the compositions comprise of single extract or a combination of extracts thereof.

The present invention further relates to extracts which are isolated from different parts of Cissus quadrangularis plant, the preparation of such extracts, the medicaments containing said extracts, and the use of these extracts and constituents for the preparation of a medicament.

The present invention also relates to the process for preparing the extracts from the whole plant of Cissus quadrangularis plant.

Background of Invention

Osteoporosis is a skeletal disorder that is characterized by low bone mass and micro- architectural deterioration of bone tissue. Affecting 200 million individuals world-wide, osteoporosis is the most common metabolic bone disorder which leads to an increased level of bone fragility and susceptibility to fracture (Walker-bone, et al. 2002; Lin and Lane, 2004).

A. Classification of Osteoporosis

Based on its etiology, osteoporosis is categorized as a primary or secondary disease. The latter involves the onset of osteoporosis as a result of an existing condition such as an endocrine disorder, the use of certain medications, a hematopoietic disorder, immobilization, or a nutritional, gastrointestinal or connective tissue disorder (Lin and Lane, 2004). Primary osteoporosis is further subdivided into two types. Type I generally occurs in postmenopausal women and is attributed to loss of gonadal hormone function, such as estrogen deficiency associated with menopause (Lin and Lane, 2004; Simon, 2004). Type II osteoporosis generally called as senile osteoporosis is age-related, affecting both men and women over the age of 60. (Lin and Lane 2004) Through the assessment of bone mineral density (BMD; in g/cm 2) using dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), the World Health Organization has defined osteoporosis as a BMD more than 2.5 standard deviations below the mean of normal, healthy individuals at their peak bone mass (Lin and Lane, 2004; Simon, 2004; Christodoulou and Cooper, 2003).

B. Normal and Abnormal Bone Remodeling

Through regulation by sywhole plantic hormones, including vitamin D, growth hormone (GH) and parathyroid hormone (PTH), as well as local signaling through cytokines and growth factors, bone undergoes continuous remodeling even after complete skeletal growth has been attained. Bone remodeling occurs at specific sites on the bone surface known as basic multicellular units and is carried out by osteoclasts (bone resorption cells) and osteoblasts (bone formation cells) (Tolstoi 2004, Manolagas and Weinstein, 1999). Both osteoblasts and osteoclasts are derived from precursors originating in the bone marrow and the formation and activation of these cells is regulated by cytokines and growth factors also produced in the bone marrow, which are in turn controlled by sywhole plantic factors and mechanical stimuli (Manolagas and Weinstein 1999). The bone remodeling cycle is highly dependent on a- delicate balance between regulatory

signaling and cellular activity. Loss of the capacity to recruit active osteoblasts or deactivate osteoclasts results in a net bone loss and can lead to the onset of osteoporosis.

//Z The Etiology of Osteoporosis

Although numerous risk factors have been identified to increase the likelihood of developing this disease, including Caucasian race, advanced age, female gender, history of fracture, smoking and alcoholism, the exact cause of osteoporosis has not yet been identified. Despite this, numerous theories have been proposed in an attempt to explain its etiology. Some theories regarding the etiology of osteoarthritis include bone cell senescence, lifestyle factors (primarily exercise and nutrition) and loss of vitamin D metabolism with age (Tsai, et al., 1984). The latter hypothesis infers that aging leads to an impaired metabolism of vitamin D. Activated vitamin D is a signaling molecule that is largely involved in the regulation of intestinal calcium absorption Tsai, et al., 1984). Therefore, poor vitamin D metabolism leads to a decrease in intestinal calcium absorption and results in PTH signaling, by the endocrine sywhole plant, to withdraw calcium from the bones. Over time, this continuous removal of calcium from the bones leads to decreased bone mass and development of osteoporosis.

IV. Treatment

There are different types of drugs used to treat osteoporosis: antiresorptive drugs, which slow the progressive thinning of bone, bone forming drugs which help to rebuild the skeleton, and drugs with a more complex mechanism of action. In addition to drug therapy, calcium and vitamin D supplements might also be prescribed to ensure adequate intake and to ensure maximum effectiveness of the drug therapy.

Bisphosphonates inhibit bone resorption. They are currently the first choice of treatment in a variety of bone metabolism disorders characterised by high bone resorption.

Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMS) mimic estrogens in some tissues and anti-estrogens in others, and ideally provide the bone-retaining effects of estrogen without its unwanted side effects. Currently, the only marketed SERM is raloxifene. Raloxifene prevents bone loss and is indicated for the prevention and treatment of vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women.

A new drug has been approved for the treatment of osteoporosis - this time one that improves bone formation, as opposed to the action of available drugs that is usually the prevention or slowing bone resorption. It is teriparatide, a 34-amino-acid polypeptide produced by a recombinant DNA technique, which represents the biologically active part of human parathyroid hormone. It has to be given once daily by subcutaneous injection. They treat osteoporosis by stimulating bone-forming cells called osteoblasts. It has a dramatic effect on bone, increasing bone mineral density in the spine by as much as 13% in 18 months and reducing the risk of fracture by as much as 90%. The reason that patients are not using this drug is "cost". Forteo costs about $600 a month, and it also must be injected every day. For those reasons, it's generally only prescribed for patients with severe osteoporosis, or who have already had one or more fractures.

A nutritional approach would be an inexpensive means to achieve this goal. However, the effects of the nutritional strategies recommended today are rather modest. Thus, research into novel nutritional strategies preventing bone loss and improving bone formation is needed.

Cissus quadrangularis is an indigenous medicinal plant of India. The use of this plant by the common folk for promoting fracture-healing process is an old practice-. It has been prescribed in ancient Ayurvedic texts by Bhava Prakash and Chakra Dutta as a general tonic especially for the fractured patient. Since then it has been in extensive use by bonesetters both for external application and as an internal medicine to be taken with milk. The stem of Cissus quadrangularis is also reputed in Ayurveda as alterative, anthelmintic, dyspeptic, digestive, tonic, analgesic in eye and ear diseases, in the treatment of irregular menstruation and asthma, and in complaints of the back and spine.

Scientific studies have revealed the Cissus extract to possess cardiotonic and androgenic property.

Cissus quadrangularis contains high amount of vitamin C, carotene A, anabolic steroidal substances and calcium. These anabolic steroidal principles from Cissus quadrangularis showed a marked influence in the rate of fracture- healing by influencing early regeneration of all connective tissues of mesenchyma origin, namely the fibroblasts, the chondroblasts and osteoblasts involved in the healing and quicker mineralization of the callus. It has greater impact on osteoblastic proliferation than other cellular responses.

Cissus quadrangularis causes less amount of tissue reaction in the fractured region leading to optimum decalcification in the early stage with minimum of callus formation. Hence deposition of calcium is just enough to join the two broken segments of bone so that it's remodeling takes much faster. This early completion of calcification process and earlier remodeling phenomenon lead to early recovery of Cissus treated animals. Cissus is also shown to cause early gain in the tensile strength of fractured bones of about 90 per cent of its normal strength at the end of 6 week. Cissus quadrangularis builds up the chemical composition of the fractured bone namely its mucopolysaccharides, collagen, calcium, phosphorus and others as well as its functional efficiency. Mucopolysaccharides play an important role in the healing by supplying raw materials for repairs. Therefore it seems that in the early period of bone fracture healing the greater the accumulation of these materials more rapid will be the rate of healing. Rapid the utilization of these raw materials earlier will be completion of healing process. Cissus quadrangualris not only causes the greater accumulation of mucopolysaccharides but also an earlier disappearance of mucopolysaccharides from the fractured area, associated with the earlier calcification and firmer callus formation.

In clinical trials Cissus quadrangularis as per radiological and clinical observations has been found to cause considerable reduction in the healing time of fractures by 55-33 percent. In few of the treated cases, although radiologically only, an early callus formation was observed but clinically the symptoms of fracture such as pain, tenderness, and swelling were significantly absent.

Cissus quadrangularis is shown to neutralize the anti-anabolic effect of steroids like cortisone in' healing of fractures. Antianabolic effects of cortisone include inhibition of tissue regeneration and repair, also retarding formation of the specific skeletal structures. In such conditions even if the cartilage tissue is produced, its maturation and ultimate bone replacement do not take place in the normal pattern. It has main inhibitory action on fibroblasts and mast cells, which produce mucopolysaccharides of connective tissue. There have been reports that continuous intake of corticosteroids induces osteoporosis and pseudofractures in the bone.

Imbalance in the activities of osteoclasts (cells responsible for bone loss) and osteoblasts (cells responsible for bone formation) may lead to osteoporosis and fractures in postmenopausal women. In osteoporosis, the bones begin to deteriorate due to calcium deficiency as a result of the body's efficiency in maintaining mineral balance in the blood at the expense of bone integrity. During menopause the decrease in hormones affects the body's ability to maintain calcium levels resulting in an increased loss of minerals from the bones. Postmenopausal women are at particular risk to osteoporosis because the loss of estrogen associated with the menopause leads to bone loss of much greater magnitude than one would expect on the basis of age alone. Cissus quadrangularis with significant ability to inhibit antianabolic effects and bone fracture healing effects is likely to exert some beneficial effects on recovery of bone mineral density in postmenopausal osteoporosis.

In the light of its traditional use in bone healing and scientific evidence, this species appears to be a promising candidate for the antiosteoporotic activity.

Summary of the Invention....

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't believe no one is saying Calcium! Drink milk or pick up some coral calcium. Calcium helps build strong bones we all know this and it will help repair fractures the best.

Cissus is good no doubt, I mean enough people swear by it, but I thought it affected the white tissue areas of the body such as tendons ligaments. Isn't that why people take it when lifting particularly when on cycle because the tendons and ligaments can't grow and keep up with how fast the muscles can or do? How does it help promote bone strength?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok read the links...didn't know that much about the stuff. Sounds promising. I would still recommend Calcium and vitamin D or good ol milk.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What cissus were you using? Strength, brand, etc? And did you have a fracture? What were you trying to treat?
USP Labs SuperCissusRx.
Did I have a fracture? HaHa... you can say that.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Strat - thanks for the information. Now that I have read a few more studies, my question is answered... I digress.
:D

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe no one is saying Calcium! Drink milk or pick up some coral calcium. Calcium helps build strong bones we all know this and it will help repair fractures the best.

Cissus is good no doubt, I mean enough people swear by it, but I thought it affected the white tissue areas of the body such as tendons ligaments. Isn't that why people take it when lifting particularly when on cycle because the tendons and ligaments can't grow and keep up with how fast the muscles can or do? How does it help promote bone strength?
Didn't read the sixth post did ya? I said Milk does a body good. I guess you missed that.
Has anyone heard from just93 today? he was to have it set this morning at six.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards

Clearly you're on the right track with Cissus and a good supply of dietary calcium. The Osteo-Sport will most likely benefit you more as it has other ingredients beyond cissus (which is a potent 40% extraction) that will help with the rehab process as well.

I had a full distal bicep tendon tear 2 years ago where they had to drill a 1/2" diameter hole (yeah, I was shocked it was so large) to re-attach the tendon and my doctor was amazed at how fast it healed. I was pronating / supinating in rehab 2 weeks post-op and normally they start at 4. I was taking a cissus / Vitamin c + glucosamine / chondroitin / MSM combo that was a predecessor to the Osteo-Sport formula.

Good luck. Remember "that which does not kill us makes us stronger."

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
haha thanks guys! have to agree with that quote donorrell!

it was actually the coolest thing ever, they brought me in and they laid me down on a table (hot nurse), then they put this stuff in my hand to make it numb then they put a I.V. in and it felt really cold going up my arm, then they put this mask on me and asked me to count..............and thats the last thing i remember before waking up in recovery with a cast on............i wanted a blue cast but they gave me a white one........a$$holes........but any way im all good now its back in place lol, they didnt have to cut me open after all !!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't read the sixth post did ya? I said Milk does a body good. I guess you missed that.
Has anyone heard from just93 today? he was to have it set this morning at six.
I realized it at the end, but laziness overtook me and I just posted what I wrote already. :)

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established

it was actually the coolest thing ever, they brought me in and they laid me down on a table (hot nurse), then they put this stuff in my hand to make it numb then they put a I.V. in and it felt really cold going up my arm, then they put this mask on me and asked me to count..............and thats the last thing i remember before waking up in recovery with a cast on............i wanted a blue cast but they gave me a white one........a$$holes........but any way im all good now its back in place lol, they didnt have to cut me open after all !!
Thats good news!!!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established

That's great to hear and all but.. did you get her number ? :p

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i was about to ask then she put the mask on me :p
all well, i just have to break another bone lol

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your arm man. Last year i shattered my jaw playing football when the crown of a helmet hit my chin. I asked my doctor about the cissus last year and any supplements i could take and he said there were none but rest and calcium. Ive tried the cissus for a torn hamstring, shoulder tendonitous and many other things and felt nothing. All u need for ure arm is rest. My jaw took six weeks without food to heal and after that the doc said it would be six months until it was 100 percent. I would take it slow with ure arm after 8 weeks at first becuase it will not be 100% just yet.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah, thank you for the reminder bro forgot about the thread lol, but yah my doc said 6 weeks, but i was wondering how long it would be befor i could lift heavy again!??!

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
dude ure arm wont feel like its part of ure body once u get it out of ure cast. Also ure forearm muscles are gonna be very weak and ure wrist mobility wont be what u want it to be. Ure gonna have to give it some time before u can go heavy or u even feel comfortable trying. Its frustrating as hell but youll get there bones heal 100 percent, nothing else on ure body does.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah, i know, but from what i hear it comes back really fast!!, and im going to experiment with "the darkside" when i get this f*ckin pain in the ass off lol, soo it will be some stress, gunna start off light though!! god, i dont wanna break it agaIN, THE WORST PART IS THE CAST!! I WANNA CUT IT OFF WHEN MY ARM ITCHES!! I ACTUALLY WANNA CUT MY WHOLE ARM OFF LOL

SORRY BOUT THE CAP LOCK, IT WONT COME OFF!! ILL FIX IT....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah it should come back easy. I cant speak for it though when i broke my jaw i went from 230 11% to 179 6.5% in 6 and a half weeks. Youll be fine tho, u may not even have to go to the darkside.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
yah, i know, but from what i hear it comes back really fast!!, and im going to experiment with "the darkside" when i get this f*ckin pain in the ass off lol, soo it will be some stress, gunna start off light though!! god, i dont wanna break it agaIN, THE WORST PART IS THE CAST!! I WANNA CUT IT OFF WHEN MY ARM ITCHES!! I ACTUALLY WANNA CUT MY WHOLE ARM OFF LOL

SORRY BOUT THE CAP LOCK, IT WONT COME OFF!! ILL FIX IT....
Don't jump on any gear until you rehab that arm, bud. You don't want to overstress weak / atrophied tendons and connective tissue.

As for pavb10's comment that his doctor dismissed cissus; I've experienced the same thing. The vast majority of doctors practicing modern western medicine dismiss the effectiiveness of most herbal and Ayurvedic medicines - my doctor told me the same thing when I tore my distal bicep tendon. The fact is, there is ample research supporting cissus' bone healing as well as anti-catabolic properties; two reasons for you to be on it.

The best part was I got to say "I told you so" to my doc when he looked at me quizzically at my 3 week x-rays and couldn't understand how the hole he drilled had completely repaired itself in that time frame.

I strongly encourage you to do you homework on the cissus products out there (including ours, of course) as you'll be doing yourself a big favor if you do.

Good luck.

PS: Get big pipe cleaners and put Gold Bond powder on them for that itchy cast...it works wonders!