ultra hard - broken bottle pump

Pieisyum

Awards
Yoooo

I have a bottle of ultra hard that after a few days use the pump is no longer... pumping anything. Any suggestions? When I try and use it it sounds like it's trying to pump but nothing comes out anymore.

I've been through probably 2 dozen iconic formulations topicals and this is the first issue I've had so I was hesitant to take it apart or anything. Honestly I'm not sure how to fix something like this without disassembling the bottle lol

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have you checked if it is possibly clogged. It sounds like it’s something blocking the pathway. I know there was a thread about this and pushing it from the bottom when this happens. Have you tried that as well?

Pieisyum

Awards
I haven't tried pushing from the bottom, I'll give it a shot. I agree it sounds clogged but I wasn't sure if I took it apart if I would be able to put it back. I'll try and see what happens. Thanks!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I haven't tried pushing from the bottom, I'll give it a shot. I agree it sounds clogged but I wasn't sure if I took it apart if I would be able to put it back. I'll try and see what happens. Thanks!
Anytime

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's some discussion on the topic, if the issue haven't resolved al ready.
there's a cap on the bottom of the bottle with the lot code on it - if you remove the cap, it'll give you access to apply some pressure on the piston - using your finger to apply some pressure to the piston while pumping the bottle...the additional pressure may help clear any material that may have become clocked in the pump assembly.
Could be some gunk in the tube maybe hit it with a little warm water. This worked for me.
Normal:
View attachment 202297

Cap removed and piston available for push:
View attachment 202298

I was able to remove the cap with my fingernails. Basic kitchen knife should work if you don't have as girly fingernails as me, lol 😄

If you have emptied the tube to some degree, then you need something to reach the piston inside of course.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Please let me know if this fix doesn't resolve the bottle for you.