Any one have any feedback on MHP's Dark Matter?

matic22

Awards
I have been looking for a good post work out protein and i was just wondering if anyone has used this before?

TheLegend

Awards
I have used it before but it wasn't my favorite by any means. It is very thick to drink and I found that after my hard workouts it would take me too long to choke it down. Plus it makes your lips and tongue look like you sucked a smurf!

matic22

Awards
lol.....other than taste and texture....any decent results?

matic22

Awards
ok....yeah the ingredient list does read off as pretty impressive.....would i be able to take that first thing in the morning too since u need fast carbs and some protein?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I just picked it up on one of the supplement deal a day sites for $25. So far i like it. My muscles feel more full and recovery seems slightly above the norm. I'll see how things go in the long term. It is a bit thicker than expected, but like stated above, just use more water. Ingredient profile is great although there is no breakdown. not sure if i'd pay retail for it, but for a sale i couldn't resist .

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all i can say that dark matter will unleash inner powers of yours that you cannot expect.

i dont work for mhp, but i vouch for them

its an incredible steal at its price pump

if t bomb worked then this product work twice as much as that

boohyah

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
i preferred GFH and Torrent in terms of results

matic22

Awards
I have been on this the last couple of days and like you guys said the recovery is pretty good...i went in and slaughtered my workouts which usually leave me pretty sore but i didnt feel anything the next day

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
It turns your sh1t into the same color as the drink...."Dark Matter"

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
i've never tried Dark Matter, but it's a post-wo and the formula looks similar to Torrent.
i can tell you that i love Torrent and it has worked great for me.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried it before. It was not bad. Only did 3 days worth so hard to tell.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
i've never tried Dark Matter, but it's a post-wo and the formula looks similar to Torrent.
i can tell you that i love Torrent and it has worked great for me.

Does torrent get thick and semi-gel-like??

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
no torrent does not, and it has complete proteins and as much leucine as DM has of total eaa's

Torrent if a FAR superior product.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
nope. i use 3 scoops of Torrent with about 20oz of cold water immediately after my workout.
i like the cherry flavor the best, but green apple is good too.
it is not thick and both flavors are very refreshing after a workout.
Torrent is my favorite Universal product and one of my favorite all-time supps.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
no torrent does not, and it has complete proteins and as much leucine as DM has of total eaa's

Torrent if a FAR superior product.
How do you know this when they don't break down the amounts of anything in the proprietary blend??

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
nope. i use 3 scoops of Torrent with about 20oz of cold water immediately after my workout.
i like the cherry flavor the best, but green apple is good too.
it is not thick and both flavors are very refreshing after a workout.
Torrent is my favorite Universal product and one of my favorite all-time supps.
Torrent has changed my life. I love that stuff. I must have it post workout. It is actually a motivation to have a good workout. I reward myself with it.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
How do you know this when they don't break down the amounts of anything in the proprietary blend??
Dark Matter doesn't give much info regarding it's proprietary blend, but we know how much leucine is in Torrent:
Torrent FAQs:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/animal-universal/100393-universal-torrent-faq.html

:study:

FAQ #1: Does Torrent contain enough protein?
Yes. Torrent has 20g of protein, but it's not just regular whey protein. Torrent contains expensive WPH (whey protein hydrolysates), which is the fastest absorbing protein of its kind, even faster than free form aminos. After a workout the goal is to take in only the most efficient sources of nutrients and WPH is as efficient as it gets. Plus, research suggests that too much protein isn't efficient as excess can convert to the waste product, urea. Torrent is lean and efficient and was designed with the idea that nothing should go to waste. Also, bear in mind that Torrent contains 8,000mg of a special leucine complex, bringing up the total amino acid content of Torrent significantly. For those in the know, leucine may very well be the most anabolic of all the amino acids. This 8,000mg, when combined with WPH, creates a far greater impact than 20g of whey protein concentrate alone. See FAQ #5 below.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Torrent has changed my life. I love that stuff. I must have it post workout. It is actually a motivation to have a good workout. I reward myself with it.
are you drinking that green apple? ive only had the cherry and i hear the green apple has a much better taste

the results were great with torrent.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I understand what torrent has, but latspread made a comment of Torrent having more leucine than DM, but we all have no clue what Dark Matter actually consists of. I thought someone might have an inside scoop.
60g prop blend 48 is carbs

that leaves 12g for the gms, creatines and eaas

they list the creatine blend above the eaa's meaning theres likely roughly 6g of creatine blend and 6g of total eaa's (with slightly more creatine than eaa's, less than a grams difference I would guess)

pretty basic estimating, hell even if they broke the prob blend rule and truly did not have more creatine blend than eaa blend at a full 12g of eaa's with no creatine (which obviosuly isnt the case) there would still be a much better amino acid profile on torrent.

but sourcing creatine is cheaper than eaa's so for all we know there is 10g of creatine blend and 2g eaa's as the creatine is lsited above the eaa's

figuring out prob blends isnt hard my man, they are pretty easy to tell whether or not their bunk

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
adding to my above post: they do break down how many carbs, which is the key to analyzing the blend.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had great success with any MHP products, and honestly try to avoid the brand all together.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
are you drinking that green apple? ive only had the cherry and i hear the green apple has a much better taste

the results were great with torrent.
I am finishing up my Cherry Blast but I am going to go to Green Apple next. I can't wait.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'll give torrent a try after my Dark Matter. I will note that Dark Matter seems to helping with recovery and making my muscles full. I've been on it about 5 workouts, so its too early to make judgement, but seems pretty solid thus far.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I'll give torrent a try after my Dark Matter. I will note that Dark Matter seems to helping with recovery and making my muscles full. I've been on it about 5 workouts, so its too early to make judgement, but seems pretty solid thus far.
creatine, carbs and especially gms will do that

id say add a protein shake 30min after DM as its pretty much lacking amino acids

matic22

Awards
i agree with Joebo...i do seem a bit fuller as i have been on DM for about a week now...i'm def. going to give torrent a run after DM.

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just get waxy maize creatine bcaa and gms. these are the same people who make p-sarm and cyclin-gf, two incredibly crappy roducts

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
just get waxy maize creatine bcaa and gms. these are the same people who make p-sarm and cyclin-gf, two incredibly crappy roducts
I agree the only product they currently have out I might use is Up your mass. I like the make-up of this product and I know it does work