sleep aid supplements

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
what is your favorite sleep aid??
i cant sleep at night and it is really bothersome, i would like a sleep aid but i dont know what works and what doesn't......
thanks, justin krizzl

apsnutrition

Awards
There is a product named Sleep MD which works great.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
allright ill check it out....any others???

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
There are tons out there. Somnidren, Abyss by Nimbus, Nocturnabol by AMS, Knockout by Scivation, Melatonin, X-Dream by IBE...and loads more. Just go to nutraplanet and look under the category "sleep aids".

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
okay i guess ill just look around for a while...any one have experience with any of these??

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ZMT(nutracaps brand) + Melatonin (500mcg) = cheap and effective.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
okay i will look into those right now aswell...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I currently use Abyss as needed, and when you find the sweet spot on the proper dosage for yourself, it is lovely and deep sleep

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
melatonin or USP powerfull seemed to help improve my sleep a little...and going from waking 4xper night to sleeping a full night thru was amazing

theres always ambien or lunesta if you have to go that route

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
NP should sell those two as a stack....$$$$$$$$$$:thumbsup:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
try ZMA and or Melatonin.... remember to cycle Melatonin or take it only when you really need it

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
lights out by roex a cheap effective sleep supplement took it yesterday for the first time definatly works, also a great company

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
Your Wish Is Our Command!

BUY TOGETHER AND SAVE!!!

The ZMT/Melatonin Sleep Stack, now in stock for ONLY $23.95!!!

You're sure to sleep like a baby!

NutraPlanet ZMT Capsules

Zinc and Magnesium are essential nutrients for athletes and anyone engaged in vigorous exercise. Supplementation with Zinc and Magnesium have been proven to support healthy testosterone production, improve muscle tone and strength, promote healthy nighttime recovery and improve sleep.

Tryptophan, an essential amino acid, has been added by the innovative team of Nutraplanet in order to vastly improve the old standard. Tryptophan has been shown to increase Serotonin and Melatonin production, allowing for a natural effective way to aid sleep and promote full recovery from strenuous exercise.

The power to rebuild, recharge and reload, ZMT is the future of Anabolic Sleep Aids.

Each 2 capsules contains:

* Zinc Aspartate 30 mg
* Magnesium Aspartate 450 mg
* L-Tryptophan 500 mg

Optimum Nutrition's Melatonin 100 tabs/3mg

Melatonin is a hormone produced in the body and secreted at night. Taken as a dietary supplement, it is designed to help combat insomnia and may be useful for jet-lag.

N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine, or melatonin, is hormone produced naturally by the body in the pineal gland of the brain. The release of melatonin correlates with the body's cycle of day and night. The highest levels of the hormone are produced at night. Trace amounts of melatonin appears in foods.

Melatonin may play an essential role in sleeping, disorders, depression, and immune system deficiencies. As light inhibits its production, and darkness stimulates it, melatonin regulates the body's internal clock. Double blind research shows that this hormone helps people sleep, shortens the number of awakenings in the night, and improves the quality of sleep. It is also very useful in treating jet lag, as it promotes quicker recovery from that "out of it" stage one may experience after extended periods of flight. Research has also shown that having enough melatonin exhibits positive psychological benefits on a person's mood, while a lack of melatonin corresponds to anxiety, fatigue, and hostility. Melatonin has also been investigated for its anti-aging potential.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smokin deal...highly recommended.

That is like 2 months worth for $24!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, NutrA!

My personal favorites, in order of effectiveness:

Somnidren GH
Nocturnabol and Knockout tie
Custom Capsule Mega Sleep Aid

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Nothing really works for me sleep wise. Either I get lucky and have a good night sleep, or lay awaked frustrated trying to fall asleep. Sadly i'm usually laying awake.

I've tried ZMA, Melatonin, Valerian Root, GABA, and Tylenol PM. Even a mixture of some won't knock me out, anyone have this problem??

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
what is your favorite sleep aid??
i cant sleep at night and it is really bothersome, i would like a sleep aid but i dont know what works and what doesn't......
thanks, justin krizzl
1) Lunesta
2) GABA
3) dyphenhydramine
4) zinc and magnesium

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing really works for me sleep wise. Either I get lucky and have a good night sleep, or lay awaked frustrated trying to fall asleep. Sadly i'm usually laying awake.

I've tried ZMA, Melatonin, Valerian Root, GABA, and Tylenol PM. Even a mixture of some won't knock me out, anyone have this problem??
are you exercising close to bedtime? do you drink booze? how old are you? are you very sedentary? are you fit, obese, or in between? Do you comsume any stims? If so, how much, and when? When do you eat your last meal, and what is it?

Anyway, you haven't tried Somnidren GH, so I'd recommend giving it a go.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established

Adding to Poison’s list. 1)You probably need to see a doctor, there are some useful prescriptions out there, Lunesta is my preference. 2) No one aid works for me, I have to do a combo. 3) Don’t take the Tylenol PM, you probably don’t need the Tylenol part and it’s hard on the liver. Just use dyphenhydramine.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
im goin to get my tonsils removed, because i cough up these f*ckin nasty white thing that are dead White Blood cells......its the grossest thing ever!!
but i will ask him for sleep aids and a prescription.....
P.S. when i get then removed, how long do you think till i can work out again??

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
P.S. when i get then removed, how long do you think till i can work out again??
I really have no idea, except when I had my wisdom teeth removed I started shortly after the pain subsidded, about a couple days. My biggest problem was I got tired a lot, probably because of the anestesia.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
well i just dont wanna push it because its your throat....you breath through it, and when i lift i breath heavy and hard....i dont wanna hurt it or what not...ill just ask my doc, just thought some one else had the same problem, i do think the pain will repel me from lifting :(

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
tramadol hcl 50mg :D has knocked me out for the past couple of nights.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
thanks i tried melatonin last night and it didnt effect me at all

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what else have you tried? I ask as there are ones out there I like (abyss, melatonin, reduction) and I wanted to see whatelse has not worked for you

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
melatonin sucks ass, valarien root is like eating placebo......i have given some of my friends lunesta a try and that even didnt help, when i lie there, i feel like its morning, cant sleep, but when i get up my head hurts like hell, like when you dont get enough water, but i do get enough and i DEFIANTLY CAN SLEEP!

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
i am trying a mix today, lights out by roex coupled with 2 caps of kava kava extract 500mg at 30%. its about 30 minutes later i feel a little flushed in the face and feel very mellow and ready to go to sleep.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
okay....where do you buy lights out???
whats in it??

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
okay....where do you buy lights out???
whats in it??
vitaminshoppe

its melatonin, B6 and "PROPRIETARY BLEND: 400MG L-THEANINE, L-TRYPTOPHAN, VALERIAN ROOT, CHAMOMILE FLOWER, PASSION FLOWER, SCULLCAP FLOWER, HOPS FLOWER"

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
Why not just go to a dr and ask him? If this has been an ongoing problem there may be more to it than just a sleep problem. If it's just been recent, it's nothing that less than a week of a prescription sleep aid can't help.