joints.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
My joints are feeling. dry and achy. if anyone can reccomend any cissus products. and give any advice it will be appreciated. thank you.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
yea definately noticed a huge change when i started eating alot of fish. i also take 5-10g of fish oil daily. my shoulders got raped today becuase a hot chick was near me n i had to showboat. girls make me retarded. :fool2: i was just wondering if any other supplements other than fish oil hold water.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Super Cissus has overwhelmingly positive reviews. You could also try supplementing with fishoil and msm/glucosamine.

peteypab

Awards
  • Established
Super Cissus has overwhelmingly positive reviews. You could also try supplementing with fishoil and msm/glucosamine.
OP this is a great product def. worth a look. I have used with amazing results!

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Dry and achy? Is there any cracking sounds that stem from synovial fluid cavitating as the bones are pulled apart? Usually this occurs only a few times upon movement of the joint and should not be confused with a constant clicking sound. The latter is due to joint instability whereby the tendons and muscles pull joints into alignment. There also exists the possibility of other sounds due to bones contacting another and grinding themselves down. In this case it could be a indication of the degradation of cartilage or again low synovial fluid.

So as one can clearly see there are various causes for joint ailments and thus it becomes necessary to identify which issue and probable cause afflicts you before a proper course of action or supplementation should be suggested.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Dry and achy? Is there any cracking sounds that stem from synovial fluid cavitating as the bones are pulled apart? Usually this occurs only a few times upon movement of the joint and should not be confused with a constant clicking sound. The latter is due to joint instability whereby the tendons and muscles pull joints into alignment. There also exists the possibility of other sounds due to bones contacting another and grinding themselves down. In this case it could be a indication of the degradation of cartilage or again low synovial fluid.

So as one can clearly see there are various causes for joint ailments and thus it becomes necessary to identify which issue and probable cause afflicts you before a proper course of action or supplementation should be suggested.
For the record, Animal Flex does have some patented compounds included to address synovial fluid issues.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Super Cissus RX, Fish Oils, and Water. My joints haven't hurt in three years. I'm also 40yrs old.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
i just ordered some animal flex.. now Cissus Rx vs Cissus 40% Ketosterones by prima source.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
i just ordered some animal flex.. now Cissus Rx vs Cissus 40% Ketosterones by prima source.
And Universal Nutrition will stand behind it 100% as they do with all their supps. Lookin' forward to any feedback you might have.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
There are very few products I will vouch for and Animal Flex is one of them. Cissus while it will reduce pain, I truely feel its role is strictly anti-inflammatory and once you go off it, your pain is back immediately. I use cissus daily for GI issues as it seems to help me with digestion, but for joints I'd suggest Animal Flex or similar product. For about .50c a day animal flex is a pretty good deal when you compare it to others. You will not find another single product that contains everything it does though. I'm by far not a Universal/Animal fanboy, but I give credit where its due.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
There are very few products I will vouch for and Animal Flex is one of them. Cissus while it will reduce pain, I truely feel its role is strictly anti-inflammatory and once you go off it, your pain is back immediately. I use cissus daily for GI issues as it seems to help me with digestion, but for joints I'd suggest Animal Flex or similar product. For about .50c a day animal flex is a pretty good deal when you compare it to others. You will not find another single product that contains everything it does though. I'm by far not a Universal/Animal fanboy, but I give credit where its due.
Thanks brother. You don't have to be a "fanboy" (whatever that is) to appreciate Animal Flex. As I've said many times elsewhere, it's the most underrated product in the entire Animal line. Some fellas only use one Animal supp--and if it's not Pak, often, it's Animal Flex.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks brother. You don't have to be a "fanboy" (whatever that is) to appreciate Animal Flex. As I've said many times elsewhere, it's the most underrated product in the entire Animal line. Some fellas only use one Animal supp--and if it's not Pak, often, it's Animal Flex.
No problem. It's a no gimmicks product. I would agree its def underrated. I think if the people who are using cissus for joint pain would make the switch they'd be amazed at how much more relief they would get. Price is the selling point for me though. Great price for 1.5 months worth of a product. I'll be logging your Shock Therapy/Pump for 5 days each. We'll see if you can change my mind on my current staple PWO of NO-Shotgun.....

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
No problem. It's a no gimmicks product. I would agree its def underrated. I think if the people who are using cissus for joint pain would make the switch they'd be amazed at how much more relief they would get. Price is the selling point for me though. Great price for 1.5 months worth of a product. I'll be logging your Shock Therapy/Pump for 5 days each. We'll see if you can change my mind on my current staple PWO of NO-Shotgun.....
As I say, all steak. No sizzle.

We got what we got in Pump and Shock Therapy. It's gonna be up to you...

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My joints are feeling. dry and achy. if anyone can reccomend any cissus products. and give any advice it will be appreciated. thank you.
Osteo-Sport from AN- it will be at Nutra probably later next week- it offers 40% cissus, along with bromelain and CMO- here are a couple studies on bromelain:
Bromelain as a Treatment for Osteoarthritis: a Review of Clinical StudiesSarah Brien,1* George Lewith,1 Ann Walker,2 Stephen M. Hicks,2 and **** Middleton3

Bromelain, an extract from the pineapple plant, has been demonstrated to show anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties and may provide a safer alternative or adjunctive treatment for osteoarthritis. All previous trials, which have been uncontrolled or comparative studies, indicate its potential use for the treatment of osteoarthritis. This paper reviews the mechanism of its putative therapeutic actions, those clinical trials that have assessed its use in osteoarthritis to date, as well as considering the safety implications of this supplement for osteoarthritis and reviewing the evidence to date regarding the dosage for treating this condition. The data available at present indicate the need for trials to establish the efficacy and optimum dosage for bromelain and the need for adequate prospective adverse event monitoring in such chronic conditions as osteoarthritis.

A double blind, randomised, parallel group study on the efficacy and safety of treating acute lateral ankle sprain with oral hydrolytic enzymes

G Kerkhoffs, P Struijs, C de Wit, V Rahlfs, H Zwipp, and C N van DijkBr J Sports Med. 2004 August; 38(4): 431–435.
doi: 10.1136/bjsm.2002.004150.

Objective: To compare the effectiveness and safety of the triple combination Phlogenzym (rutoside, bromelain, and trypsin) with double combinations, the single substances, and placebo.
Design: Multinational, multicentre, double blind, randomised, parallel group design with eight groups structured according to a factorial design.

Setting: Orthopaedic surgery and emergency departments in 27 European hospitals.

Participants: A total of 721 patients aged 16–53 years presenting with acute unilateral sprain of the lateral ankle joint.

Primary efficacy criteria: (a) Pain on walking one or two steps, as defined by the patient on a visual analogue scale. (b) The range of motion, as measured by the investigator and expressed as a sum of flexion and extension. (c) The volume of the injured ankle measured with a volometer.

Results: At the primary end point at seven days, the greatest reduction in pain was in the bromelain/trypsin group (73.7%). The Phlogenzym group showed a median reduction of 60.3%, and the placebo group showed a median reduction of 73.3%. The largest increase in range of motion (median) was in the placebo group (60% change from baseline). The Phlogenzym group showed a median increase of 42.9%. The biggest decrease in swelling was in the trypsin group (3.9% change from baseline). The Phlogenzym group showed a –2.30% change from baseline and the placebo group a –2.90% change. In the subgroup analysis of patients who did not use a Caligamed brace, Phlogenzym was superior to placebo for the summarising directional test of the primary efficacy criteria (MW = 0.621; LB-CI 0.496; p = 0.029; one sided Wei-Lachin procedure). The vast majority of doctors and patients rated the tolerability of all treatments tested as very good or at least good.

Conclusions: Phlogenzym was not found to be superior to the three two-drug combinations, the three single substances, or placebo for treatment of patients with acute unilateral sprain of the lateral ankle joint. The small subgroup of patients treated without the support of a Caligamed brace showed evidence of superiority of Phlogenzym over placebo. Further research is warranted to study this effect of Phlogenzym in patients treated without ankle support.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm biased towards Orange Triad for helping the joints but only because It's the only stuff I have taken that helps with the joints along with immune defense and a multivitamin all in one supplement. For some reason when I go heavy on the pec dec machine my shoulders ache until I do lateral raises, since Orange Triad they don't hurt nearly as much and soon they shouldn't be hurting at all... just my $0.02

I love Applied Nutriceuticals, USP Labs, Controlled Labs and MST.. and I feel you can't go wrong with anything they have

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
For the record, Animal Flex does have some patented compounds included to address synovial fluid issues.

It's certainly possible to construct a mutli-targeted joint supplement and AF certainly comes close to the mark. But it can also be wasteful to incorporate ingredients that one does not need, though they will probably still derive benefit from. But a majority of joint issues are due to alignment issues which so supp is going to resolve and hence why these injuries persist.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
It's certainly possible to construct a mutli-targeted joint supplement and AF certainly comes close to the mark. But it can also be wasteful to incorporate ingredients that one does not need, though they will probably still derive benefit from. But a majority of joint issues are due to alignment issues which so supp is going to resolve and hence why these injuries persist.
Thanks... I think, hahaha... I like the way you think. For fellas who know what they're doing, or have specific approaches, homebrews whenever possible. I gotta admit, a run a few myself. It's hard to make a complete supp, joint or otherwise, that will make everyone 100% happy all of the time. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to commercially available supps. Trade off convenience for customization. It'll always be like that. I agree with ya also--many joint issues are beyond the scope of joint supps.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
aright....its been about a week since i started animal flex. my joints do feel much better more flexibility without cracking and popping. i am still talking 10g of fish oil and a few spoons of olive oil.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
aright....its been about a week since i started animal flex. my joints do feel much better more flexibility without cracking and popping. i am still talking 10g of fish oil and a few spoons of olive oil.
I def use fish oils (Animal Omega) to complement the Animal Flex. As the weeks progress, things should get better...