College is about to start...I need something to aid with memory

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by IRON4LIFE View Post
    Yeah i can defiantly understand their concern, especially in todays society where dr's they just throw you on a drug for every little thing..however if its a problem and your school work is suffering I think getting tested couldn't hurt...but i can defiantly sympathize with you, until your fully out on your own, your folks are still involved with the decisions you make(at least thats how it was while i was in college and still under the financial wing of my parents)
    yup i may be in college and living in my own apartment, but i sitll suffer the wrath of parents due to them helping pay for college.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0


  2. Tex....I honestly think that once you get there, you will have no problem with school. Especially the first year. You just need to figure out a good study plan and you'll be fine. You sound sooooo much like me it's not funny...Had mostly A's with a few B's in highschool....and you sound exactly like me when it comes to being able to focus. Many people have told me I need to be put on ADHD medicine (even my parents), Im just not too fond of taking an amphetamine for the rest of my life...

    Anyways Im an Accountant so I went through Business School with no problem and I am just about ready to finish my Masters of Taxation. I had a 3.7 undergrad and I have a 3.9 in grad school.

    The BIGGEST thing in my opinion is not to let all the distractions of college life get to you and maintain a proper balance of leisure & study.

    If I were to take something though, I definetley would go for some bulk Piracetam & Choline Citrate. I have seen a lot of positive feedback on these 2 items and you can find them fairly cheap.

    Good luck bro, and don't sweat it.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Tex....I honestly think that once you get there, you will have no problem with school. Especially the first year. You just need to figure out a good study plan and you'll be fine. You sound sooooo much like me it's not funny...Had mostly A's with a few B's in highschool....and you sound exactly like me when it comes to being able to focus. Many people have told me I need to be put on ADHD medicine (even my parents), Im just not too fond of taking an amphetamine for the rest of my life...

    Anyways Im an Accountant so I went through Business School with no problem and I am just about ready to finish my Masters of Taxation. I had a 3.7 undergrad and I have a 3.9 in grad school.

    The BIGGEST thing in my opinion is not to let all the distractions of college life get to you and maintain a proper balance of leisure & study.

    If I were to take something though, I definetley would go for some bulk Piracetam & Choline Citrate. I have seen a lot of positive feedback on these 2 items and you can find them fairly cheap.

    Good luck bro, and don't sweat it.
    ya i have a decent schedule. 1 class monday, tuesday-thursday i have 3 classes and 2 classes, friday i have no classes and of course i am free saturday and sunday. a total of 16 hours. im going into college with 18 hours so i have experience but only at junior college level
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  4. Yeah, and just think, if you ever have any accounting questions, I could help..
    •   
       


  5. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Yeah, and just think, if you ever have any accounting questions, I could help..
    thts actually one the classes im taking. tuesday and thursday
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  6. Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Tex....I honestly think that once you get there, you will have no problem with school. Especially the first year. You just need to figure out a good study plan and you'll be fine. You sound sooooo much like me it's not funny...Had mostly A's with a few B's in highschool....and you sound exactly like me when it comes to being able to focus. Many people have told me I need to be put on ADHD medicine (even my parents), Im just not too fond of taking an amphetamine for the rest of my life...

    Anyways Im an Accountant so I went through Business School with no problem and I am just about ready to finish my Masters of Taxation. I had a 3.7 undergrad and I have a 3.9 in grad school.

    The BIGGEST thing in my opinion is not to let all the distractions of college life get to you and maintain a proper balance of leisure & study.
    If I were to take something though, I definetley would go for some bulk Piracetam & Choline Citrate. I have seen a lot of positive feedback on these 2 items and you can find them fairly cheap.

    Good luck bro, and don't sweat it.

    agree completely...if you can manage that properly your set

  7. yeah and should you have any biology or environmental studies questions let me know...id be more than happy to help

  8. Quote Originally Posted by IRON4LIFE View Post
    yeah and should you have any biology or environmental studies questions let me know...id be more than happy to help
    i have biology as well
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  9. Biology and accounting in the same semester? LOL OUCH!

    Study hard bro

  10. Quote Originally Posted by IRON4LIFE View Post
    yeah and should you have any biology or environmental studies questions let me know...id be more than happy to help

    See Bro, you're set!

  11. sh*t, im a senior in a huge university and i wish I knew the stuff you prolly know now that can help assist in memory and focus

  12. ALCAR couldn't hurt. I'd give you advice....but with my cumulative 2.7 GPA you probably wouldn't want my advice.

    I will say that no employer has ever asked for my GPA and once you have your first real job after college nobody even cares where you went to school, unless maybe its Ivy League or something.

  13. Study. It is free. There are no shortcuts to success. (that never seems to stop people from looking anyway).

    I study 20-25 hrs each week on top of working full-time for grad school.


    No drugs can mimic that effect.

  14. Another tip, make sure you write/do assignments in such a way that your professor will agree with them. They may be a back asswards hippy, but you've got to please them to get a good grade. Sadly, many professors aren't as unbaised as you may hope and as they may think.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Another tip, make sure you write/do assignments in such a way that your professor will agree with them. They may be a back asswards hippy, but you've got to please them to get a good grade. Sadly, many professors aren't as unbaised as you may hope and as they may think.
    cool cool. i will prbably have most of the TA's teaching though i heard
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  16. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    cool cool. i will prbably have most of the TA's teaching though i heard
    Also make sure you use ratemyprofessors.com
    You'll probably have TAs your first year since you'll be taking freshmen level classes, but once you move up to 200, 300, 400 level classes you should get more time with an actual professor. Just talk to upperclassmen as much as you can about each professor you're taking.

  17. i would just advise you to study all the time and don't fall behind in any of your classes. its best to get tight with some classmates that you can occasionally work/cheat with and try to find out how easy/tough your classes might be according to what professor you choose before signing up for classes. if you don't understand some material ask for help or go see a tutor. go to ratemyprofessors.com and see what other students at your school have rated professors at your school. i highly recommend that site before signing up for classes.

  18. ginko boloba (sp?)

    college isn't that hard. honestly, don't worry about it.
    SFW and GFH

  19. ratemyprofessor is a godsend. Seriously, look into each professor you plan on taking.

    Quote Originally Posted by reaperx
    There are no shortcuts to success.
    ...
    No drugs can mimic that effect.
    Sorry reaper, I usually agree with you but would have to say dextroamphetamine is a helluva substitute. Got put on that by my physician for a week until seeing a psychologist, hell of a study aid, I could concentrate on schoolwork for hours upon hours. It actually seemed to "interest" me into studying and would not bore me like it normally did. Don't take it anymore though.

    Surprisingly i've been able to maintain over a 3.5 cumulative GPA going into Junior year with minimal studying. I have the phenomenon of being able to be focused on things that interest me for hours upon hours but can't read for 5 minutes in a textbook without loosing focus... it's frustrating.

    Good luck tex, and if you have any comp sci, or criminal justice questions don't hesitate to PM me, we are starting classes in about 3 weeks.

  20. yeh i am so mad i got crap professers!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    my teachers have told me to adn called him saying they think it would be apprpriate. I have always made straight a's maybe an occasional B but it has been grueling for me, but my parents fail to believe that and wont take me. They say its just the issue of me not stoping and thinking and applying myself and i have told them numerous times this is not the case. They just tell me i cant take medicine for everything
    provigil (modanifil) works best for me- it is a non-stim anti-adhd medication- it allows you to focus for hours on end. it also has some other added benefits- it will take your workouts to a whole other level as well....I just wrote a 1,200 page SOI for our MFG. facility and a 3,000 page validation master plan over the course of 12 weeks- I can literally block out pretty much all distractions while I am taking it
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

  22. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    provigil (modanifil) works best for me- it is a non-stim anti-adhd medication- it allows you to focus for hours on end. it also has some other added benefits- it will take your workouts to a whole other level as well....I just wrote a 1,200 page SOI for our MFG. facility and a 3,000 page validation master plan over the course of 12 weeks- I can literally block out pretty much all distractions while I am taking it
    rms, hand over the encyclopedias so i can have something to read while doing cardio for my cutting portion (at charlotte of course! 1 more week)

  23. Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    provigil (modanifil) works best for me- it is a non-stim anti-adhd medication- it allows you to focus for hours on end. it also has some other added benefits- it will take your workouts to a whole other level as well....I just wrote a 1,200 page SOI for our MFG. facility and a 3,000 page validation master plan over the course of 12 weeks- I can literally block out pretty much all distractions while I am taking it
    is it a prescription?
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    is it a prescription?
    It's a schedule 4 drug used to treat narcolepsy, and/or sleep apnea.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need something to Stack with SizeON!
    By Teg in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 05:37 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
  3. Need something to give me energy before work out
    By aedubber in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 03:07 PM
  4. Help.. Need something to add more weight to leg machines...
    By bigguns078 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
  5. Help! Need something to lower Cholesterol
    By superdrollover in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Log in
Log in