Motiv8er returns From Hell: ( Fvck you left ACL)

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Hello brothers and sisters!

In early March I tore my left ACl and had it repaired on April 18th, 2008. For the last few months I have allowed myself to decondition for a multitude of reasons with the greatest being I wanted my body to be aware of where it needed to focus the healing, on my knee. I imagined if I continued to lift very heavy, I would have issues with healing the surgery area as quickly as possible. So over a 4 month period I went from super studly to quite pudgy.

I am now a good 10 weeks post-op and am recovering nicely. I dont do much barbell weights as I have already had major upper body injuries that have left one arm an inch-and-a-half shorter than the other, so heavy weights were impossible without a training partner, because I could neither lay down or get the dumbells to where I needed them!!

I took the week off post surgery so I could walk and move without too much danger. A week post surgery I started lifting again, I lifted pretty light weights with HIGH reps and LOW weights with NO breaks. Maybe 30 seconds between sets. I did this so I could get a small amount of aerobic work along with any anaerobic stuff that hopefully was going on.

I have left every workout over the last 9 weeks sweaty and somewhat satisfied. I knew I had done something to hold on to the great shape and healthy body I had worked so hard for.

I am now able to move one-by-one 75's and 80 lbs dbs to the bench where I need them. When you havent been able to move those weights, in any sense of the words; it feels great to see how strong I still am. Last week I did 75's for 4 sets of 15 reps on bench.

My core is rapidly returning to some form of abs and chistle. I am able to burn over 400 cals in less than 30 minutes on the bike, so my leg strength and endurance is picking up nicely, heLL, I even have a lil calf now. :)

The title of this thread isnt that I have had to suffer anything worse than any other man, but it was a hell for me. The inactivity, the boredom, and the need to exert myself physically was not in check. And I held on.... and didnt kill anyone or anything around me. Which was one of my greatest fears with my inactivity.

I owe jjohn a cycle and report on X-Factor with RPM and Drive; it will be coming. Right now I am still relying too much on the inflammatory response that X-factor kills to tell me when my knee is hurting, so I will have to put off that commitment a little longer.

Enter Epic Havoc/EPI cycle with PAL Incarnate:

I am doing an old-fashioned recomp with EPI- and Incarnate. I just finished up Recreate and had positive results with getting rid of some of my post injury chub. I am going to be adding in AP- or yellow gold depending on what I can afford.

I have all ancillaries needed and in plenty of quantity. I am paying MORE attention to my knee and dryness of joints and ligaments. I am taking between 4-8 grams of fish/ cla caps daily. I am prob at 15% BF ( really high for me) and weighing 222lbs. My goal with this recomp is to cycle between lower cals and some small periods of low carbs with high protein to lose a great part of the chub I have made. At a minimum, my protein is at 250 grams day, with my heaviest lifting days around 300 grams; coming from 5-6 meals.

This thread is about recomp and glory. Please stay tuned:

Any donations gladly accepted. ;) Moti still puts out for supps, and it is good to be getting back. Thank you for your support.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back man! Glad you are getting all healed up.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i know where you are coming from, and it ain't fun. amazing that you could do workouts a week after surgery. mine was tuesday and i can barely walk even with crutches. best of luck, and welcome back.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great attitude and dedication, Sir! :thumbsup:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Thank you much fellas!

I lifted five times this last week, so today was just core and cardio! I did 3 sets of 5 core excercises in 25 minutes followed by one hour on the bike to the tune of about 700 cals burned on the bike. I then hit the incline board for 5 minutes, did a few tricep stretches and peaced out.

Tomorrow is back day! The excercise I am most excited to be able to do again is single arm bent over rows! I LOVE them!! I cant handle super heavy weights yet with regards to my knee, but can work with about 60 pounders for high reps.

Time to edit some wedding projects I have made.... Oh joy. :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the recovery.

Let me know if you need any advice.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome to see ya jump back in to it with a newfound spirit and dedication ! Best of luck to you !

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to see ya jump back in to it with a newfound spirit and dedication ! Best of luck to you !
x2-you are motivating me to get off my arse and git er done.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
x2-you are motivating me to get off my arse and git er done.
Awe... thanks man. Having to not do it right for 4 months plus made me a lil crazy for it!! Just trying to use it to my advantage!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awe... thanks man. Having to not do it right for 4 months plus made me a lil crazy for it!! Just trying to use it to my advantage!
appreciate it, needed an attitude adjustment-was starting to get down in the dumps. trying to wean off the vicodin.:aargh:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
If you haven't bought Incarnate. I will send you a bottle to help get well.

Let me know sweety.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
appreciate it, needed an attitude adjustment-was starting to get down in the dumps. trying to wean off the vicodin.:aargh:
In my experience, my body told me when I didn't need the meds anymore, mainly because it interferred with my ability to trust myself in the gym. Its like I needed another small challenge to get off the pain meds. Advil is your friend too. Just watch out for your tummy issues...

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
If you haven't bought Incarnate. I will send you a bottle to help get well.

Let me know sweety.
BJ!

Thanks man! I have a bottle, but was really thinking about running it for a few months as part of my rehab program with ANYTHING else I run to get back at it.

As long as it isnt your personal bottle, I would be happy to accept it. I will be happy to post pics at intervals to show my progress and speak honestly about what I think your product is doing.

If thats reasonable, please let me know!! Either way, I will send you some new sexy pics!! And I am thankful for your offer!! Smoochies! haha

:bruce2:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In my experience, my body told me when I didn't need the meds anymore, mainly because it interferred with my ability to trust myself in the gym. Its like I needed another small challenge to get off the pain meds. Advil is your friend too. Just watch out for your tummy issues...
it's not like i have to worry about the gym yet, still got drain hose in at least till friday. but i don't do well on opiates, i loose appetite and just feel like a zombie. and yeah, ive got prescription ibuprophen and i have to take a tums with it. going to see if they will let me stay over at pt and do some upper body work. kick some butt motivator.:numbered:

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro, I used Incarnate following my separating my shoulder in January '08, and within 2 weeks of usage @ 6 caps/day, my shoulder was already feeling better ! I went through two bottles. LOVED it ! No more joint aches or pains - Incarnate is here !

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Get those bottles of Incarnate ! There is no reason to get off of it . . . ;)

I hope your experience will be as positive as mine was.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back Moti, good to see you back up and running (gym wise at least lol).

Following along, and want to see how incarnate treats ya (its been intriguing me but haven't tried it yet).

Side q if you don't mind me asking, what was the arm injury that left it shorter?

JLM5151

JLM5151

Awards
ACL tears are no fun, I know from experience. Good luck with your training, just don't try and do too much too early bro! Which graft did you have done by the way?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back Moti, good to see you back up and running (gym wise at least lol).

Following along, and want to see how incarnate treats ya (its been intriguing me but haven't tried it yet).

Side q if you don't mind me asking, what was the arm injury that left it shorter?
Hey man!

Wrestling in high school I did a spiral break to my left humorus bone. 6 month heal time on that too! I have to be careful of how I train my arms because my right is so dominant. Wisdom has taught me to use dumbells, not barbells.

No running until Sept though! Just biking... Better than NADA!!

I have run Incarnate before, but no where close to where I would get mileage like I would out of it now injury wise.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
ACL tears are no fun, I know from experience. Good luck with your training, just don't try and do too much too early bro! Which graft did you have done by the way?
I used a hamstring donor. It was a little painful, but so what. It was gonna hurt no matter!!

Todays back work out was:

CGPU-- 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 @ BW
Single arm bent over rows at 65lbs for 3 sets of 12
Wide grip pull downs/ lat machine 3 sets of 130lbs for 10 reps each
Machine row- Double arm 180 lbs for 3 sets of 12

All these are working sets with a warm-up prior.

30 minutes of biking, moderate day. I went an hour yesterday and didnt want to inflame anything; a lil sore still.

JLM5151

JLM5151

Awards
I used a hamstring donor. It was a little painful, but so what. It was gonna hurt no matter!!

Todays back work out was:

CGPU-- 3 sets of 12, 10, 10 @ BW
Single arm bent over rows at 65lbs for 3 sets of 12
Wide grip pull downs/ lat machine 3 sets of 130lbs for 10 reps each
Machine row- Double arm 180 lbs for 3 sets of 12

All these are working sets with a warm-up prior.

30 minutes of biking, moderate day. I went an hour yesterday and didnt want to inflame anything; a lil sore still.

I had the hamstring graft done myself, only problem is that it came from my own leg lol... Army doctors said that was the way to go.... 2 and a half years later, I have to disagree, my right hammy is still around 20lbs weaker and cramps up like no other... I should have went the cadaver route myself....

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I had the hamstring graft done myself, only problem is that it came from my own leg lol... Army doctors said that was the way to go.... 2 and a half years later, I have to disagree, my right hammy is still around 20lbs weaker and cramps up like no other... I should have went the cadaver route myself....
I hear ya man. One Ace in the hole I am counting on is the doctor himself. Mines a stud when it comes to knees or shoulders. Best of luck.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Hey man!

Wrestling in high school I did a spiral break to my left humorus bone. 6 month heal time on that too! I have to be careful of how I train my arms because my right is so dominant. Wisdom has taught me to use dumbells, not barbells.

No running until Sept though! Just biking... Better than NADA!!

I have run Incarnate before, but no where close to where I would get mileage like I would out of it now injury wise.
Damn, I have never actually known of someone getting a spiral break. That must of been one hell of a day at wrestling.

Good call on the dbs as well, avoid over dominance at all costs.

Cardio is cardio man (although I prefer ten fold being able to run outside so I don't go insane). Soon enough.

Yea I found running Super Cissus at a longer duration was much more potent than short bursts as far as injury healing goes. Hope you see some significant improvements from the longer dosing scheme bro. Plus BA is just legit ahah.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

Main Entry: ded·i·ca·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌde-di-ˈkā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century

* : a devoting or setting aside for a particular purpose
* : self-sacrificing devotion

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:

Main Entry: ded·i·ca·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌde-di-ˈkā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century

* : a devoting or setting aside for a particular purpose
* : self-sacrificing devotion
For some reason, that quote made me feel good. Thanks man!!

:goodpost:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome back brother! :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey motivator, whats up fellow crip? i was in vitamin shoppe today buying my protein, and the guy saw my aircast and crutches-like he could miss them,lol. anyways he told me about wobenzym n, says it is best seller for joint recovery. well to make a long story short i bought some, $139 a bottle it better work. he said if i didn't like it to return it for money back. you ever hear of this stuff? i'll let you know how it goes.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ouch on the graft surgery. You will be back in no time to top shape.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
hey motivator, whats up fellow crip? i was in vitamin shoppe today buying my protein, and the guy saw my aircast and crutches-like he could miss them,lol. anyways he told me about wobenzym n, says it is best seller for joint recovery. well to make a long story short i bought some, $139 a bottle it better work. he said if i didn't like it to return it for money back. you ever hear of this stuff? i'll let you know how it goes.

Wow! $139 a bottle?? Whats in it? I haven't heard of it before and I cant do a search here at work.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Wow! $139 a bottle?? Whats in it? I haven't heard of it before and I cant do a search here at work.
pharmaceutical enzymes/pancreatin/chymotrypsin/rutoside trihydrate. the guy at vitamin shoppe swears by this stuff. i am not an easy sell, not at $139 a bottle. but if it don't work he said to bring it back. this guy really sold me on this stuff.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
pharmaceutical enzymes/pancreatin/chymotrypsin/rutoside trihydrate. the guy at vitamin shoppe swears by this stuff. i am not an easy sell, not at $139 a bottle. but if it don't work he said to bring it back. this guy really sold me on this stuff.
Please let us know how it goes!!

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Yesterdays workout went like this:

DB Military Press: 3 sets of 15 w/ 55lbs
Rear Delt Machine: 3 sets of 10 w/100lbs
Side Lat Raises: 3 sets of 12 w/ 20lbs
Machine MP with me inverted: 3 sets of 10 w/ 100lbs

EZ Bar Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 85 lbs for 10
Seated DB Curls: 3 sets of 12 with 30lbs**
Leaning Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 10 with 30lbs

20 minutes core
25 minutes cardio

** I am noticing when I curl higher weight, my left shoulder floats upward when it starts to get fatuiged and I am trying to drop the weight and go up in reps to try and train the biceps more accurately rather than just move heavier weight. We'll see.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yesterdays workout went like this:

DB Military Press: 3 sets of 15 w/ 55lbs
Rear Delt Machine: 3 sets of 10 w/100lbs
Side Lat Raises: 3 sets of 12 w/ 20lbs
Machine MP with me inverted: 3 sets of 10 w/ 100lbs

EZ Bar Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 85 lbs for 10
Seated DB Curls: 3 sets of 12 with 30lbs**
Leaning Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 10 with 30lbs

20 minutes core
25 minutes cardio

** I am noticing when I curl higher weight, my left shoulder floats upward when it starts to get fatuiged and I am trying to drop the weight and go up in reps to try and train the biceps more accurately rather than just move heavier weight. We'll see.
How long does just the shoulder/bi portion for that workout take? Also how long do you typically rest for in between sets?

When you say your shoulder floats up do you mean your almost shrugging it up to get it going?

So are you just warming up currently for that stack, or are you already dosing some supps?

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
How long does just the shoulder/bi portion for that workout take? Also how long do you typically rest for in between sets?

When you say your shoulder floats up do you mean your almost shrugging it up to get it going?

So are you just warming up currently for that stack, or are you already dosing some supps?
For just the shoulder/ bi stuff with a warm up right at one hour.

Exactly like a biceps/ shrug. I know its bad form so I am trying to correct, although I can move a lot more weight if I do it wrong!

And yes, I started the stack about a week ago. I think I suffer from above-average body dismorphia! I pretty much got tired of looking at myself and not recognizing or feeling like me...

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established

Exactly like a biceps/ shrug. I know its bad form so I am trying to correct, although I can move a lot more weight if I do it wrong!

And yes, I started the stack about a week ago. I think I suffer from above-average body dismorphia! I pretty much got tired of looking at myself and not recognizing or feeling like me...
I use to fall in the move heavy weight category as well (but still had results because it was out of the norm of when I used strict TUT to get my newbie gains). Every once in a while its good to move some heavy ass weight with lesser form (still safe of course) to get max CNS stimulation and stimulation to the muscles. However hypertrophy (which I assume you are looking for as opposed to strength) is much more rewarding than moving heavy crap lol.

I hear ya on the body dismorpha, I am pretty sure I have a minor case. Dude you'll be back in game shape in absurd time (muscle memory is a hell of a thing). I missed close to 6-7 months with absolutely no lifting, limited cardio; came back and was back to old school form within 3-5 months (and I lost a good amount of size). Dedication and a smart head on your shoulders and you will be looking in the mirror and saying DAYUMM in no time.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
That is pretty much what I am doing right now as my lifting scheme, TUT. I get a great sensation and burn. Also knowing I am pushing weight as opposed to it pushing me is a plus.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Consider the preacher bench, specifically machine. With the injury to my neck I do all I can to avoid straining and or tensing my shoulder/trap/spinal column otherwise I aggravate my C7 disk. I am able to achieve tremendous TUT with extreme eccentric time without the strain that would normally be accompanied in the area of my neck and shoulders. Just a suggestion.

BigCasino

BigCasino

Awards
  • Established

You'll be back brother, you're a beast!

I feel you on the dismorphia, I really do, whenever I fall off track and loose mass / gain fat, I will avoid rooms with mirrors in them cause I just don't want to see that ****, it depresses me.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
You'll be back brother, you're a beast!

I feel you on the dismorphia, I really do, whenever I fall off track and loose mass / gain fat, I will avoid rooms with mirrors in them cause I just don't want to see that ****, it depresses me.
Hey Casino!

Thanks man! I am getting there one day at a time.

Yesterday I was asked to come help set up for the Beaufort Water festival, so I spent 5 hours unloading and setting up heavy ass staging and roof stuff downtown for the evening. I sweated and got dirty. It was great. :) I did nothing to hurt my knee either, so i was really happy about that.

Back to the gym and normal training today.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I did chest today, I could get the 70's to where I needed them AND move them too! It was awesome!

Incline: 3 sets of 12 w/ 65 lbs DBs
Flat: 3 sets of 12 w/ 70 lbs DBs
Machine Fly: Max of machine at 3 sets of 10 at 150lbs
Chest Press machine: Extra volume with 120, 150, 180 for 10 reps; Minimal rest on the press machine

Everything done at a 2 sec by 2 sec lifting rate.

6 sets of core excercises with 3 sets of preacher curls in a no break rotation like core, core, curl, break, repeat. Make sense?

B5150, the preacher curl with dumbbells is my new best friend. I had NO shoulder shrug going on at 35 lbs for three sets. Thanks man!!

30 minutes cardio, 350 cals burned; bike. Of course.

Stretch and out.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i want in on this, preacher benches are my favorite biceps exercise. i love how it pumps them up. btw motivater, made 10 minutes on bike at pt yesterday:aargh:. with your determination and 'motivation' you are going to be setting pr's soon. good luck.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
i want in on this, preacher benches are my favorite biceps exercise. i love how it pumps them up. btw motivater, made 10 minutes on bike at pt yesterday:aargh:. with your determination and 'motivation' you are going to be setting pr's soon. good luck.
Congrats on the 10 minutes, it took me a number of weeks to make A revolution. I was on one of those mangina ( No offense) airodyne bikes and next to me was an 85 year old grandma tearing it up Lance Armstrong style, and for 10 minutes I was trying to grind up one revolution.

Oh, if I could only find that great-grandmother now!~ I would show her who's boss!!!&^%$^%$&^5

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the 10 minutes, it took me a number of weeks to make A revolution. I was on one of those mangina ( No offense) airodyne bikes and next to me was an 85 year old grandma tearing it up Lance Armstrong style, and for 10 minutes I was trying to grind up one revolution.

Oh, if I could only find that great-grandmother now!~ I would show her who's boss!!!&^%$^%$&^5
they have me on a bike so high my feet barely touch the pedals. have a little stand to get on. the 10 minutes is something i am proud of, it took a lot of determination and grit. believe me i am paying for it today, but i dont go back till tues.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
need them updates.:sick:

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys! I was in the state capitol last week taking courses and was busier than hell! I did cardio three times last week and ate very small and rather healthy meals considering all. I'm back.

I also broke up with my gf of 8 months this morning, so I have been busy. But I am here now. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! I was in the state capitol last week taking courses and was busier than hell! I did cardio three times last week and ate very small and rather healthy meals considering all. I'm back.

I also broke up with my gf of 8 months this morning, so I have been busy. But I am here now. :)
damn, you have been busy...