STOKED! Unsponsored Log

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Thats right, Im gonna be logging Stoked! for the next month. I was not sponsored to run this as the title says. I just finished my bottle of MASSFX MS this morning and took my first dose of STOKED! just now.

I will be taking some other supps with it, mainly pre-workout stuff.
Hypertrop-X at up to 8 caps a workout (Thanks to AMS)
DiCreatine Malate/Taurine 1:1 mixture 7g preWO
HMB (Im just gonna be finishing up a small container i have) preWO
Cordyceps Powder preWO

NOW ADAM
Whey Protein
Casein/Soy/Whey Mix Protein
1-C at night

In the past 2 months ive run Activate Original and MassFX, so i wanted a break from Divanil based products. After this, ill probably try ActX. I may try taking some PEA/Hordenine Nutracaps concurrently, as i seem to be putting on a bit of weight with all this bulking ive been doing.

Workout plan: Standard DC program (except for quads because of the biking i do)
I may do some cardio and stuff on off days from P90X which im getting for free, well see if its actually good, but i don't trust them with lifting advice. I also track bike occasionally. I will put specific weights of my workouts up, but it probably won't be helpful to most, so ill also put a few quick notes.

Current weight,BF,age: 194-195 (The scale isn't too accurate at the gym. Its one with a dial), BF probably 18-19%, 18(closer to 19 than 17 though)

I like putting all log and review stuff in one post, as it gets organized and people don't have to go looking through the whole thing trying to find log posts. I will put up a post when i update the log though, so it shows up as updated.
-jdev

Here is the link to my HyperTrop-X log that I will be running at the same time. JDev's HyperTrop-X Log

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
FINAL Review:
Mood/Confidence/Sleep: Improved: 7/10 - I take less **** from people and have been telling certain people they need to grow some balls more. Better than when taking MassFX. Sleep was not affected at all by this supplement.

Reduces Estrogen: No effects noted: 2/10 - Saw no effects that would make me think that this is an effect of the supplement.

Increases Libido/Virility: No effects noted: 2/10 - That is not why i bought the product. Its not really of help to me, Probably even reduced (Im 18).

Maximize Muscle Growth: Its possible: 6/10 Ive seen some growth in my muscles since ive started. anyway, I probably won't go up in weight, as in cutting. With the muscle growth thing, I really can't determine whether it is my hard work, or the Supplement.

Recovery: 8/10 - Ive had pretty good recovery since going on Stoked. Working Legs 5x a week without too much trouble. Toward the end i did not see very good recovery at all. Started having trouble sprinting.

Price: 6/10 - About the same price as DTH, ActX, and other similarly marketed supplements. However I definitely feel ActivaTe is a superior supplement. ActivaTe is definitely one of my favorite supps. I also feel that MassFX is a superior supplement, however it is not in the same price range. Also BAM is probably a superior supplement as well, but its been a while since ive taken BAM.
However Stoked is probably one of the cheapest ResV products.

Overall: 6/10
Start weight: 195, Max weight: 196, Min weight: 192, End weight: 192
I bought the product to go between running divanil products. After running this supplement, I wish i had purchased either DTH or restore. And I did purchase DTH to take now that this log is over. I was unimpressed with this product. Possibly older people see more benefits from the ResV, but as a youngun, I didn't see any supernatural effects. ActivaTe and MassFX DEFINITELY are better at increasing muscle growth.

As I was cutting on this cycle, it is possible that the resV helped w/ cutting, however, I was also taking YG while on this to help partition carbs. I don't think anything out of the ordinary was seen in cutting. I didn't see any muscle lost, but not much was gained either.

In closing, IMO, this product doesn't show major effects for young people. Possibly for those older (all the other logs are by people 30 or over) than me, Resv has benefits.

Log Posts

33 7th - Cardio then Legs - Not great on Bis. didn't go up. didn't use Bis at all for about 9 days, so i guess strenght declined.

32 6th - Cardio

31 5th - Chest - VERY BAD - failed too early on a bunch of exercises. felt no energy at all.

30 4th - Gym Closed - Cardio

29 3rd OFF

28 2nd Cardio

27 1st Chest...

26 30th Cardio

25 29th Legs...

Pretty happy about today. I am switching from the Biceps machine. Probably to cable curls from 4ft out. The Cybex flat biceps machine i was using, isn't really ergonomic for me. Squats were really good. I didn't go all the way up unless i was taking a couple of breaths. I figure i hit that part enough w/ biking, and would just lower my number of squats.

Bi Machine - 9p 6>2>1
Hammer Curls - 33s 10
Hamstrings Seated - 247.5 9>7>4
Squats - 205 6>20
Standing Sm. Mach. Calf raise - 175 12

Cardio Biking
Hit 30.5mph. nothing else worth writing about

23 (27th) Ch...

Incline Bench - 145
DB Seated Sh. Press - 45s
Reverse Grip BP - 125
Long Pulley Row - 13p
Deadlift - 255 10 (lost grip and forgot my straps)

I did pretty good on incline bench. Didn't used to be able to do 145. However I got rocked on the other exercises b/c of the incline bench. Went down on all ch/tri/sh system work

Played Tennis for an hour

22 (26th)- Cardio
Biking - Several miles. limited amount of time. Several 25mph sprints. Hit 29.2 mph

21 (25th) - Off/Cardio
Played Tennis for an hour.

20 (24th) - Legs...(Current Weight 196)

EZ-Curl Bar - Bar+55lbs 6>3>2
Pinwheel Curls - 30s 12 ^
Leg Curls - 13p 10>8>6
Leg Press - 400lbs 8, 20
1 Leg Calves - 200 lbs 12 each

Felt pretty good. A little tired. nothing else to report.

19 (23rd) -

3mi@19mph
1/2mi@24mph

Alot of riding in between, but thats all i remember.

18 (22nd) - Chest... (Current Weight - 196.5 - Up 1.5lbs from start. Probably .5 or 1% less BF)

Mach. Ch. Prs. (Cybex Modular/Overhead) - 12.5p 8>5>2 ^
Mach PD - 13p 7>5>5 -
Military Standing BB Sh. Press - 115 6>2>2 -
CG Bench (New Exercise) - 115 8>6>3 ^
Side DB Raises - 25s 12
T-Bar Rows - 132.5 15 ^

17 (21st) - Cardio

went twice as it started raining the first time i went.

1-1/2mi@20-21mph
3mi@19mph
1/3mi@25mph
1/3mi@23mph

2mi of random stuff in between. That wasn't the exact order, but that was about what I did.

16 (20th) - Bis/Legs

Bi-Incline Curls - 35s 7>5>2
One Arm Curls - 5p 12
SLDL - 220 13
Lying Sq. Mach. - 15.5p 6>20
Standing Calves - 155lb 12

Lying Squats killed my legs. I had to go a half plate down from a previous time. I can't really stop for a 1-2 breath break on Lying squat, because if i do, i can't get the weight back up.

15 (19th) - Cardio
1 mi - 20mph sprint
1/3mi - 23mph sprint
3mi - 17mph
1/3mi - 23mph sprint

2 miles of warmups in between.
Felt pretty good. I think my legs should be okay for tomorrow.

14 (18th) - OFF

13 (17th) - Chest etc
Inc. DB. Ch. Pr. - 65s - 6>4>3rp
Behind Hd. BB Sh. Pr. - 90 - 8>4>4rp
Tri. Rope PushDown - 9p 10>10>10rp
Rack Chins - bw+70 10>8>5
Pend. Rows - 155 12

I switched to Tri. Rope PushDowns. Ill probably go up 1 full plate next time as clearly the weight was not heavy enough. I don't think the pullovers i was doing were good. I haven't been seeing as good gains on my tris. Also the outer head of my left tri is really poor looking in comparison to my right. no definition.

12 (16th)- Cardio - Biking
I didn't really want to go biking, but i had to get out of my room and do something. I was planning on basketball, but i couldn't find anyone who also wanted to play.

2/3mi@ 23mph
1/3mi@ 20mph
1/2mi@ 25mph (hit 28.4mph. pretty happy about that)
1/3mi@ 20mph

I probably did about 2 or 3 miles of biking in between sprints that averaged 11mph

Day 11 - Legs/Bis

Cybex Biceps Machine - 9p 7>3>1
Hammer Curls - 30 lbs 12
Seated Hamstring Machine - 240lbs 10>7>5 (Ill only go up half a plate next time)
Squats - 235 5, 5, 5, 2 (rested about 1 minute between sets. About 30 breaths)
Calves on Leg Press - 400 12

Felt pretty good. I had the gym to myself today. only 2 other people walked in during the middle of my workout. 235 is a PR. I have VERY good form for the first 2 sets. I went very low on some reps. in the 3rd set I leaned forward a little too much toward the end. The last set, the 2nd rep was quite convoluted. Ive done 225 before with unsteady 40lb dumbells roped to the barbell which i think i can count as 235 (I was at home and that was all the weight i had). I think this sort of lifting is probably good for going opposite biking. I may try to Max at some point on squats, which ive never done. Ill try this more on squats and maybe Lying squats. (Not on Leg Press Though)

10 (14th) - Cardio-Biking

2mi@18mph
1/3mi@12mph
2/3mi@23mph
2mi@15mph
4/3mi@20mph

I thought endurance was decent. I stimmed up before riding though (HyperTrop-X and PEA/Hordenine). I was riding a different bike which was heavier, so it was harder to accelerate. My legs are hurting because I keep on hammering them almost every day. Also yesterday i did 245lb DLs x 12 which is a PR which probably negatively affected my quads to some extend
And for tommorrow, squats will probably be affected by the biking I did today. I don't think ill be able to do widowmakers. I think ill try to do very heavy squats as I have been doing light crap recently in a failed attempt to get 20 reps. mayble 3x5 or 3x8. I think ill try for 3x8 probably or 8>5>2 or 10>6>3 or something like that.

9 (13th) - Chest and such

(8 caps of HyperTrop-X total)

Decline Bench - 175
DB Seated Sh. Press - 48s
Reverse Grip BP - 95x10, 105 (I switched hand position. 95 was supposed to be a warmup, but it was more of a working set so i included it)
DB Shoulder Side Raise - 25s 10
Long Pulley Row - 12.5p
Deadlift - 245 12

I was impressed with my results on the DL. 245x12 is a Personal Record. I seem to be going up consistantly 5lbs on DB shoulder press which is very nice. Before i started DC my shoulders definately were not improving this well. This log is as much an account of the effectiveness of DC training on increasing strength and muscle mass at the same time as to STOKED!.

Day 8 (12) - Cardio - Biking

Warm-Up - 2/3mi
Sprint - 2/3 mi - 20mph
Warm-Up - 2/3 mi
Sprint - 1/3 mi - 25mph
Moderate - 2 mi - 15-16mph
Rest
Sprint - 2/3 mi - 23mph

Endurance wasn't as good as last time, probably because I lifted legs yesterday.

Day 7 (11) - Bis Legs

EZ-Curl Bar - Bar+50lbs 8>4>3
Pinwheel Curls - 30s 12
Leg Curls - 12.5p 10>8>5
Leg Press - 340lbs 8, 20
1 Leg Calves - 200 lbs 12 each

Felt pretty good overall. I think i could go up alot on my Leg Press (Probably 40 lbs or so). I forgot to take my usual dose of HyperTrop-X before working out. If i remember correctly i did take a dose of PEA+Hordenine about an hour before, which may or may not have affected my energy.

Day 6 (10) - OFF

Day 5 (June 9) - Cardio - Noticed more acne around my chest than usual this morning, though ive seen less acne on my face (This is probably because of me using AcneFree on my face a bit at night).

Biking
2miles - avg 17mph
1/3mile@10mph -> 1/2 mile@24mph
1/3mile@10mph -> 1/3 mile@22mph
1/3mile@10mph -> 2/3 mile@21mph

I thought my endurance was pretty good. It seems better than when I was on Mass FX, which i guess is reasonable as there are no ingredients to increase endurace in MFX and Stoked! has Icariin and Resv. of which both are thought to help with endurance.

I unfortunately have not had a chance to weigh myself yet. I don't expect an increase in weight in this week because of all the cardio ive been doing recently.

Day 4 (June 8)
Chest Press Machine - 12.5p 8>3>1
Machine Pull Down - 12.5p 7>5>4
BB Standing Military Press - 110 7>3>3
Dips (FAIL, Switching exercise) - BW+20 5>5>Fail
Streches.
T-Bar Row - 125 13
Back Strech(I do this stretch by flaring my lats as I walk back to my dorm. I find that this works pretty well)

I felt very good doing this workout. Even though i didn't get a full 8 hours of sleep, I felt very awake at the gym and was in a good mood. I don't see any great increases in strength. However, I don't really know my base rate of strength increase too well. For almost all the time ive been on DC, ive been taking ActivaTe, MFX MS, or now Stoked.

Day 3 - OFF

Day 2 - Bis/Legs/Biking
Inc bench DB Hammer Curl - 35s - 7>3>2
One Arm Reverse Cable Curls - 5p - 12
SLDLs - 210 - 12

Biking
1 Mile- Light - Avg of 12 mph
3 Miles - Medium - Avg of 16 mph
1 Mile - Light-Med - Avg of 14 mph
1/3 Mile - Sprint - Avg of 25 mph
1 Mile - Light - Avg of 12 mph
1/3 Mile - Sprint - Avg of 22 mph (heavy wind blowing)

I think my endurance was pretty good today. I have very bad endurance, so im trying to improve that. Also im preparing for a mile long race thats coming up next march. People average at about 27-28 mph with about a 2:15 or 2:20 mile on a bike. If anyone bikes and has any training advice let me know.

Day 1 - Cardio
Only half a day here. Took in the PM after cardio because MASS FX ran out in the morning. Can't tell anything yet.

R

Rob Awesome

Awards
Cool - keep New Posts Going for Each day to bump your thread! :D

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen any effects on sleep. Mood seems to be improved slightly, especially at the gym.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up pal, i cant wait to try out some stoked in the shortly...

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Log and Review updated. getting frustrated about the lack of reducing estrogen. I should have seen some sort of effect by now.
Im thinking the product is probably underdosed, at least for me. Id be interested in testing double dose, but not on my own dime.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro if you have chest fat does not mean that the estrogen is causing it. It could be diet and maybe that is your problem area for carrying fat. What is your diet and how much cardio do you do. Have you had any blood work to check your estrogen levels?

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Its not only chest fat.
I have puffy nips that aren't gyno (Went to doctor). Caused by taking ActivaTe original standalone. the doc said theyd go away when my body got rid of the excess estrogen. Since they aren't going away, the supp must not be getting rid of the excess estrogen.

I'm eating fewer fats. This is beause im taking an appetite suppressant, as well as yellow gold. YG approx 4g a day.
Also besides that im taking AX Rampage @ 2x a day, PEA+Hordenine caps at 2x a day, and Fish oil @ 6g a day.

My cardio schedule is in my log.

I am also adding another category. Ive noticed better recovery recently. Ill attribute that to the Resveratrol. I can go biking the day before and day after Widowmakers and be fine for the most part.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not only chest fat.
I have puffy nips that aren't gyno (Went to doctor). Caused by taking ActivaTe original standalone. the doc said theyd go away when my body got rid of the excess estrogen. Since they aren't going away, the supp must not be getting rid of my estrogen.

I'm eating fewer fats. This is beause im taking an appetite suppressant, as well as yellow gold. YG approx 4g a day.
Also besides that im taking AX Rampage @ 2x a day, PEA+Hordenine caps at 2x a day, and Fish oil @ 6g a day.

My cardio schedule is in my log.

I am also adding another category. Ive noticed better recovery recently. Ill attribute that to the Resveratrol. I can go biking the day before and day after Widowmakers and be fine for the most part.

Stoked will help reduce estrogen not get rid of it. Have you doctor run some blood work so you can checkyour levels.

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Well then its strength as an estrogen reducer is no better than say I3C, DIM, or WBM.

R

Rob Awesome

Awards
Hey OP - great log thus far!

I don't believe you have gynecomastia, but rather puffy nipple syndrome. A lot of information floating around - I would say google your guesstimate body fat % - and then try to reduce it slightly, naturally to see if you have any gains/results.

Good luck!

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Yup i think this to. Its related to estrogen as well. Yeah i have been reducing my BF slightly. My BF has gone down about 1% since the beginning of the log, but ive seen no change. I hoped Stoked! would reduce it, but i think ill be getting P5P and vitex, or Restore if that doesn't work.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well then its strength as an estrogen reducer is no better than say I3C, DIM, or WBM.
Again it is not going to get the fat from your chest if it was already there. That will be a diet and training problem also go to the doc and get your levels check:dance:

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
dude its not chest fat, as i already went into.
However, a high proportion of chest in relation to fat on the abdomen is a sign of high estrogen. I don't have this problem.
A powerful AI or estrogen reducer would get rid of the problem i am having. Ive read 6-OXO has worked for many people. Anyway, ill be buying restore, P5P and/or vitex and getting rid of it that way.

Also my training is clearly in check. My diet now is probably on the high side of carbs as im taking YG. But I am eating below maintenence cals.

R

Rob Awesome

Awards
dude its not chest fat, as i already went into.
However, a high proportion of chest in relation to fat on the abdomen is a sign of high estrogen. I don't have this problem.
A powerful AI or estrogen reducer would get rid of the problem i am having. Ive read 6-OXO has worked for many people. Anyway, ill be buying restore, P5P and/or vitex and getting rid of it that way.

Also my training is clearly in check. My diet now is probably on the high side of carbs as im taking YG. But I am eating below maintenence cals.

Out of curiousity - how old are you? I'd definitely consider getting your test levels checked just in case. Are you experiencing any soreness? glandular tissue? milky/clear secretions from your nipple?

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
No, No and No.
I don't know if i already told yall, but i got it from taking ActivaTe original w/o an AI. I think im prone to having this type of problem.
About getting Test levels checked. I don't think I can. Something about NY law.
I mean ive been gaining a bunch of muscle and going up in strength. If my test levels were fcked i don't think that would happen.

Also Log is updated

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
I was looking for something better than WBM or DIM/I3C and closer to real AIs

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
hey Jdev, good log, whats your current bodyfat? Im sure if you can lower your estrogen and get tick your testosterone/estrogen into a good balance then this will help with puffy nipples or a fatty looking chest. I've ran a cycle of a real good AI called formestane, i think I read that your 18 though? So personally, i wouldn't recommend messing with an AI drug like form even though its top stuff, until your a little older. sorry dude i know it must suck, but you gotta hang in.

Like the others say, drop your bodyfat as much as you can, down to near the 10% mark (i know its probably a long way for you) and then see how the chest looks. With estrogen, the trick always is to not completely shutdown its production, but rather combat it, and everybodys hormones are different, especially at your age, the idea would be to knock your estrogen down as much as you can without it shutting down too much. You'll usually know when your estrogen is too low because you'll get dropped libido or sore/dry joints for example.

The higher your bodyfat, the higher your estrogen is likely to be as it increases the body's ability to produce more. First thing on your agenda before touching an AI is to re-check your diet that its on track, and make sure you have an effective cardio schedule, but dont over do it. Lower your bodyfat first and lets hope your chest gets better from that :)

Be careful about taking any AI's at this point since you said you got some side from the Activate you ran? I've ran AX with formestane before with no problems. All the best!

J

jdev

Awards
  • Established
thanks

About the Form, I was actually looking into running that for a bit, but it looks like its not going to be around until after the olympics.

I was thinking about running a low dose (a little less than half) 6-oxo TD applied only to the chest, to possibly get some local effects as well as systemic. Any thoughts?