Getting Your Anabolic Furnace STOKED! (Sponsored)

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    June 4 - June 5, 2008
    Days 5 - 6

    Impressions / Results:

    I took my last dose of STOKED! just before bed with the other products as usual. My sleep has not been as deep as it used to be. It is hard to conclude this is related to my supplementation, as we have had significant weather changes in the past couple of days. I would give this a few more days before concluding on the relationship between my late dosing and my sleep patterns.

    I am beginning to feel some "tightening" of my muscles, as if they were getting "drier". This is known to be one outcome of icariin supplementation. I wanted to wait another day or so to post this observation, but I decided to state it now. Confirmation will follow, to rule out any placebos.

    Icariin is also known to trigger dryness of joints, due to its estrogen-inhibiting effects. Fortunately, this has not set in yet in my case, as I ensure adequate intake of essential fatty acids to counteract any potential problems here. Besides, I take Osteobolin-C from time to take to help with joint-, tendon-, and ligament support.

    I enjoy the noticeable improvement in arterial circulation and vasodilation that I have experienced so far. While STOKED! is quite capable of delivering this on its own, I see an important synergy between STOKED! and grape seed extract. As is well-known, the enzyme nitric oxide synthase is necessary to stimulate the production of nitric oxide. Grape seed extract supports nitric-oxide synthase, further enhancing elevated nitric oxide levels and increasing blood-vessel dilation. As is well known, nitric oxide requires cGMP for effective vasodilation to occur. Enter icariin. By inhibiting PDE-5, the enzyme that breaks down cGMP, icariin ensures that elevated nitric-oxide levels triggered by grape seed extract and resveratrol are sustained by icariin-powered cGMP, creating compound vasodilation.

    No noticeable increase in aggression can be reported. Appetite is moderate. Energy and endurance are stable. A general feeling of well-being is identifiable.

    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  2. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    June 4 - June 5, 2008
    Days 5 - 6

    Impressions / Results:

    I took my last dose of STOKED! just before bed with the other products as usual. My sleep has not been as deep as it used to be. It is hard to conclude this is related to my supplementation, as we have had significant weather changes in the past couple of days. I would give this a few more days before concluding on the relationship between my late dosing and my sleep patterns.

    I am beginning to feel some "tightening" of my muscles, as if they were getting "drier". This is known to be one outcome of icariin supplementation. I wanted to wait another day or so to post this observation, but I decided to state it now. Confirmation will follow, to rule out any placebos.

    Icariin is also known to trigger dryness of joints, due to its estrogen-inhibiting effects. Fortunately, this has not set in yet in my case, as I ensure adequate intake of essential fatty acids to counteract any potential problems here. Besides, I take Osteobolin-C from time to take to help with joint-, tendon-, and ligament support.

    I enjoy the noticeable improvement in arterial circulation and vasodilation that I have experienced so far. While STOKED! is quite capable of delivering this on its own, I see an important synergy between STOKED! and grape seed extract. As is well-known, the enzyme nitric oxide synthase is necessary to stimulate the production of nitric oxide. Grape seed extract supports nitric-oxide synthase, further enhancing elevated nitric oxide levels and increasing blood-vessel dilation. As is well known, nitric oxide requires cGMP for effective vasodilation to occur. Enter icariin. By inhibiting PDE-5, the enzyme that breaks down cGMP, icariin ensures that elevated nitric-oxide levels triggered by grape seed extract and resveratrol are sustained by icariin-powered cGMP, creating compound vasodilation.

    No noticeable increase in aggression can be reported. Appetite is moderate. Energy and endurance are stable. A general feeling of well-being is identifiable.

    Very detailed in here would be interested in if you sleep quality improves many reports of better sleep quality on this. Keep up the great work.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  3. Registered User
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,979
    Answers
    0


    Just checking in boss ...I hope you begin to feel the changes on endurance soon. That and the deep sleep are probably my favorite results from STOKED.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0


    Looking great buddy! Keep up the great job on the log!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  5. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355;
    Very detailed in here would be interested in if you sleep quality improves many reports of better sleep quality on this...
    We'll see! The weather fluctuations have been rather intense. Consider that a few weeks ago, one had to sleep with a blanket, more or less. On some nights these days, one hits bed with, at most, a pair of boxer shorts, if at all. I know I can take any of IGF-2, PowerFULL, Somnidreh-GH, Abyss, and so on, but I do not want to extend my stack beyond the current mix. I am sure deep sleep will return, once the weather stabilizes.....
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas;
    Just checking in boss ...I hope you begin to feel the changes on endurance soon. That and the deep sleep are probably my favorite results from STOKED.
    The endurance is already noticeable. In fact, I had to discontinue (save for later) my Cordygen-VO2 supplementation, just be see what my current stack can accomplish in terms of endurance.

    The sleep aspect will sort itself out in the next couple of days.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  7. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1;
    Looking great buddy! Keep up the great job on the log!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Registered User
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    The endurance is already noticeable. In fact, I had to discontinue (save for later) my Cordygen-VO2 supplementation, just be see what my current stack can accomplish in terms of endurance.

    The sleep aspect will sort itself out in the next couple of days.
    Endurance is kicking butt for me too!! I'm so stoked to be on Stoked!!!
  9. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon;
    ...I'm so stoked to be on Stoked!!!
    I like that! Stay stoked on STOKED!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  10. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    CTDeuce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,116
    Answers
    0


    very detailed...I love it!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  11. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce;
    very detailed...I love it!
    Thanks!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0


    Only the best of logs include the weather
    Liking the descriptions Ike, glad to hear you're enjoying it !
  13. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph;
    Only the best of logs include the weather
    Liking the descriptions Ike, glad to hear you're enjoying it !
    Thanks for following, bud! Next update will be later in the day...
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  14. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    June 6 - June 7, 2008
    Days 7 - 8

    Impressions / Results:


    During days 7 and 8, I decided to tweak my dosing protocol somewhat. I took STOKED! in two divided doses of two capsules each as usual (last dose just before bed), but I decided to take only the first daily dose of STOKED! with Activin Grape Seed Extract (about 150mg - 200mg), Pine Bark Extract (about 100mg - 150mg), and Cnidium Monnier 35% Osthole (about 70mg Osthole). I used to take half doses of these compounds with each dose of STOKED! My second dose of STOKED! in the dosing protocol of Days 7 and 8 was accompanied by about 600mg of Steriodal Saponins from Fenugreek and 250mg of 4-Hydroxy-Isoleucine (also from the same Fenugreek product).

    Sleep quality was excellent. Fortunately or unfortunately, this improvement in deep recuperative sleep was also accompanied by stability in weather conditions. So, I am inclined to concluding that the earlier disruption in my sleep patterns was due to fluctuations in the weather, rather than the commencement of my STOKED! supplementation.

    One truly outstanding aspect of STOKED!, especially in combination with the other nitric-oxide-synthase enhancers I stack it with, is the dramatic improvement in arterial blood circulation, including forcing blood through the tiniest of blood vessels. While improved libido is easily experienced with STOKED!, the more interesting result for me is what I refer to as "spontaneous readiness" for sexual performance. With STOKED!, reaction is instantaneous, a testament to the impressive PDE-5/cGMP action of the compounds in STOKED!

    Beyond this, subtle improvements in muscle-hardening continue to express themselves. Improvements in cortisol levels (evidenced by better stress-management and faster recovery) are also evident. As is well known, icariin promotes recovery from exercise, in part via cortisol modulation. High cortisol levels are known to correlate positively with reduced sex drive. Furthermore, icariin has been traditionally used as an adaptogen that helps elevate levels of such hormones as norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin, leading to improved well-being and a more efficient immune system. I feel good!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  15. Board Supporter
    metroba's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,064
    Answers
    0


    thats what I think of that post. You amaze me Stratocaster!
  16. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by metroba;
    thats what I think of that post. You amaze me Stratocaster!
    I appreciate your company, Sir!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  17. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0


    Nice report, bud. I like the Dr. Jeckal/Mr. Hyde, self dose variation, experimentations. I've already got my bottle of STOKED!!! Which I'll implement in one more week.
  18. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0


    Looking good buddy!

    Great log thusfar brother Ike!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  19. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    .... I like the Dr. Jeckal/Mr. Hyde, self dose variation, experimentations....
    That way, I can self-destruct without endangering others!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  20. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Looking good buddy!

    Great log thusfar brother Ike!
    Thanks, brother J!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  21. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,416
    Answers
    0


    What I will be most interested in, is later in the log when you start referring to changes in body composition. While on my PCT of PCS and Hyperdrol I mentioned that I actually gained some mass while I got visibly leaner. I have been able to continue this trend for the most part. I did eventually lose some weight later (very little) but some of you may remember I was out with a shoulder injury. Now near the end of the PCT I started using Recreate. I find myself wracking my brain trying to figure how the frick I'm doing this. I have never experienced anything like it in 20 years of bodybuilding. I am looking more and more monstrous, and get this I put on a shirt I hadn't worn in a about 3 months and it had gotten much tighter on my shoulders and chest. I am on recomp here! I am gaining mass and I keep getting leaner.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  22. Registered User
    Rob Awesome's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    86
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    June 6 - June 7, 2008
    Days 7 - 8

    Impressions / Results:


    During days 7 and 8, I decided to tweak my dosing protocol somewhat. I took STOKED! in two divided doses of two capsules each as usual (last dose just before bed), but I decided to take only the first daily dose of STOKED! with Activin Grape Seed Extract (about 150mg - 200mg), Pine Bark Extract (about 100mg - 150mg), and Cnidium Monnier 35% Osthole (about 70mg Osthole). I used to take half doses of these compounds with each dose of STOKED! My second dose of STOKED! in the dosing protocol of Days 7 and 8 was accompanied by about 600mg of Steriodal Saponins from Fenugreek and 250mg of 4-Hydroxy-Isoleucine (also from the same Fenugreek product).

    Sleep quality was excellent. Fortunately or unfortunately, this improvement in deep recuperative sleep was also accompanied by stability in weather conditions. So, I am inclined to concluding that the earlier disruption in my sleep patterns was due to fluctuations in the weather, rather than the commencement of my STOKED! supplementation.

    One truly outstanding aspect of STOKED!, especially in combination with the other nitric-oxide-synthase enhancers I stack it with, is the dramatic improvement in arterial blood circulation, including forcing blood through the tiniest of blood vessels. While improved libido is easily experienced with STOKED!, the more interesting result for me is what I refer to as "spontaneous readiness" for sexual performance. With STOKED!, reaction is instantaneous, a testament to the impressive PDE-5/cGMP action of the compounds in STOKED!

    Beyond this, subtle improvements in muscle-hardening continue to express themselves. Improvements in cortisol levels (evidenced by better stress-management and faster recovery) are also evident. As is well known, icariin promotes recovery from exercise, in part via cortisol modulation. High cortisol levels are known to correlate positively with reduced sex drive. Furthermore, icariin has been traditionally used as an adaptogen that helps elevate levels of such hormones as norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin, leading to improved well-being and a more efficient immune system. I feel good!

    Very interesting. You're utilizing the anabolic effects of Stoked while producing a catabolic use of fat by promoting lipolysis (via icariin) & promoting your immune system. I applaud you sir - makes me want to run a cycle of Stoked + Propadrol
  23. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    What I will be most interested in, is later in the log when you start referring to changes in body composition. While on my PCT of PCS and Hyperdrol I mentioned that I actually gained some mass while I got visibly leaner. I have been able to continue this trend for the most part. I did eventually lose some weight later (very little) but some of you may remember I was out with a shoulder injury. Now near the end of the PCT I started using Recreate. I find myself wracking my brain trying to figure how the frick I'm doing this. I have never experienced anything like it in 20 years of bodybuilding. I am looking more and more monstrous, and get this I put on a shirt I hadn't worn in a about 3 months and it had gotten much tighter on my shoulders and chest. I am on recomp here! I am gaining mass and I keep getting leaner.
    Do you mean due to Recreate or due to STOKED!, or both?
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  24. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    ill tell you what strat i loved this stuff. made me sleep like a baby. soundsl ike you like it too!
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  25. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    ill tell you what strat i loved this stuff. made me sleep like a baby. soundsl ike you like it too!
    Yep! So far so good!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  26. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    awesome man. ill be back later in the log so i cant see what it does to your strength, weight gain, and the sorts. lookin goo though!
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  27. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,416
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Do you mean due to Recreate or due to STOKED!, or both?
    I mean due to Stoked or it's role in my body recomp. I fell into the trap of using so many supps that I don't know which is the most effective. I do believe it's a combination of things, I have been very anal about supporting anabolism and fat loss, even using an overkill mentality seems to be that maybe overkill is a bit harsh based on my results.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  28. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Answers
    0


    Very good log bro you have put alot of work into it.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  29. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,785
    Answers
    0


    Looking good, man!
    I took your advise and got some Lipotrophin-PM™ for its awesome sleep benefits/fat burning abilities and I'm impressed! Hunger is much more deep in the morning; thankfully, I'm not lethargic at all.
    Good call, SM!
  30. Registered User
    Ziquor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,583
    Answers
    0


    Good job I! Your amazingly informative logs make the rest of us look like feeble mortals.
  31. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    June 8 - June 9, 2008
    Days 9 - 10


    Impressions / Results:


    I continued with the tweaked protocol I began on Day 7.

    There are no sleep disruptions; strength and endurance/stamina are somewhere between stable and increasing; muscle-hardening remains noticeable; and general well-being remains robust. No changes in testicular dimensions, temperament, or hair density, are discernible, to mention some common androgenic sides. No that these were expected, yet I wanted to emphasize that I have been unable to identify them, just in case any one was interested in that type of information.

    I am aware quercetin was mainly introduced in the STOKED! matrix to enhance resveratrol uptake and bioavailability. Yet, I would like to mention one or two other known benefits of quercetin supplementation that also help explain some of the overall STOKED! results. Quercetin is one of the most important flavonols of the flavonoid class. It is recognized as one of the most potent superoxide-radical scavengers available; possesses anti-carcinogenic and anti-tumor properties; contributes to estrogen management; is a well-known anti-histamine and anti-allergy agent; promotes catechol-O-methyl-transferase (COMT) inhibition, just like EGCG in green tea. COMT is the enzyme that breaks down norepinephrine, the body’s most potent lipolytic hormone. Also, quercetin is known to interfere with various cytochrome P450 (CYP450) enzymes involved in steroid-hormone synthesis. By inhibiting certain enzymes in this class, quercetin ensures extended uptake and usage of many compounds (including icariin, resveratrol, and so on), much like naringin and its metabolite, naringenin. Something else. Quercetin is also known to inhibit the cAMP phosphodiesterase enzyme in a dose-dependent fashion. This inhibition, is not only synergistic with icariin’s pathway, but also leads to enhanced thermogenesis. Quercetin’s pathway to enhancing thermogenesis naturally makes it a strong candidate for stacking with green tea. Here is the reasoning: It is known that in the presence of (nor)adrenaline or other beta-receptor agonists, certain flavonoids such as quercetin promote lipolysis. Since EGCG boosts noradrenaline, a quercetin-EGCG matrix is postulated to support lipolysis, leading to increased thermogenesis and oxidation of fat. So, if you wish to use STOKED! for not only stimulating testosterone levels (which itself can promote fat loss), but also to enhance lipolysis, it might be a good idea to add EGCG.

    So overall, STOKED! looks like a versatile matrix!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  32. Registered User
    delsolrob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,131
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for the details provided in your log. I find myself taking notes of the information you provide...

    I think I will get a bottle of PCS\Stoked to run after I finish my current log.
  33. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    Thanks for the details provided in your log....
    I'm glad you find the journey interesting so far!

    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post

    I think I will get a bottle of PCS\Stoked to run after I finish my current log.
    That would be a strategic move!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  34. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,630
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post


    That would be a strategic move!
    OHHH SNapp!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  35. Registered User
    Ziquor's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,583
    Answers
    0


    Yes sir. Post after post I can't get over the amount of detail and knowledge ---> ikepedia.net
  36. Registered User
    SamBoz19's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,696
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up The Stragepedia Educates once again!


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    June 8 - June 9, 2008
    Days 9 - 10


    Impressions / Results:


    I continued with the tweaked protocol I began on Day 7.

    There are no sleep disruptions; strength and endurance/stamina are somewhere between stable and increasing; muscle-hardening remains noticeable; and general well-being remains robust. No changes in testicular dimensions, temperament, or hair density, are discernible, to mention some common androgenic sides. No that these were expected, yet I wanted to emphasize that I have been unable to identify them, just in case any one was interested in that type of information.

    I am aware quercetin was mainly introduced in the STOKED! matrix to enhance resveratrol uptake and bioavailability. Yet, I would like to mention one or two other known benefits of quercetin supplementation that also help explain some of the overall STOKED! results. Quercetin is one of the most important flavonols of the flavonoid class. It is recognized as one of the most potent superoxide-radical scavengers available; possesses anti-carcinogenic and anti-tumor properties; contributes to estrogen management; is a well-known anti-histamine and anti-allergy agent; promotes catechol-O-methyl-transferase (COMT) inhibition, just like EGCG in green tea. COMT is the enzyme that breaks down norepinephrine, the body’s most potent lipolytic hormone. Also, quercetin is known to interfere with various cytochrome P450 (CYP450) enzymes involved in steroid-hormone synthesis. By inhibiting certain enzymes in this class, quercetin ensures extended uptake and usage of many compounds (including icariin, resveratrol, and so on), much like naringin and its metabolite, naringenin. Something else. Quercetin is also known to inhibit the cAMP phosphodiesterase enzyme in a dose-dependent fashion. This inhibition, is not only synergistic with icariin’s pathway, but also leads to enhanced thermogenesis. Quercetin’s pathway to enhancing thermogenesis naturally makes it a strong candidate for stacking with green tea. Here is the reasoning: It is known that in the presence of (nor)adrenaline or other beta-receptor agonists, certain flavonoids such as quercetin promote lipolysis. Since EGCG boosts noradrenaline, a quercetin-EGCG matrix is postulated to support lipolysis, leading to increased thermogenesis and oxidation of fat. So, if you wish to use STOKED! for not only stimulating testosterone levels (which itself can promote fat loss), but also to enhance lipolysis, it might be a good idea to add EGCG.

    So overall, STOKED! looks like a versatile matrix!
    This is what I am enjoying most....the scientific talk aspect of your log. Granted, I read the same stuff on a nightly basis, but to see the actual mechanisms of action play out is the interesting part. What I mean is that with your wealth of knowledge Ike it is easy for you to decipher what is taking place with your body and give the scientific explanations to go along with what is expected and what actually takes place. Needless to say...your log is quite refreshing to say the least bud. Hey in the process I am learning a few more things in depth...you put an interesting spin on things.

    Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  37. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    ...you put an interesting spin on things.
    Thanks, bud! I'm glad you keep me company!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  38. Registered User
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,416
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    This is what I am enjoying most....the scientific talk aspect of your log. Granted, I read the same stuff on a nightly basis, but to see the actual mechanisms of action play out is the interesting part. What I mean is that with your wealth of knowledge Ike it is easy for you to decipher what is taking place with your body and give the scientific explanations to go along with what is expected and what actually takes place. Needless to say...your log is quite refreshing to say the least bud. Hey in the process I am learning a few more things in depth...you put an interesting spin on things.

    Cheers!
    I am not much of a scientist type, I try to keep up but eventually often become confused. I can still understand a lot of what stategic is saying though. One thing I rely on is the integrity of people on this board and it has almost never steered me wrong. Used to be supplementation was a hit and miss situation, but with your help I have been wasting a lot less money and almost everything I try has positive benefit. So to Stategic and many more like him thanks for taking the high road and supplying a productive environment.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  39. AI Sports Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    A_I_Sports_Nutrition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,585
    Answers
    0


    I may have to go back to school and study to follow this much detail
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  40. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    I may have to go back to school and study to follow this much detail
    Next update will be in German!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Fat Furnace Stack!
    By dsade in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 12:55 PM
  2. KLEEN Stays STOKED! between stacks. (Sponsored)
    By MrKleen73 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 12:37 PM
  3. Stoked and a Anabolic Innovatios tank top special at the Planet
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in