Trauma1 Dives Into DCP/Heat Stack/Napalm/Thermo-Glide For A Quick Month Cut!

Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last

1. Any updates slim?

2. Ziquor your avi seriously freaked me out for a second!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
    •   

3. I'm going to do up a final review tomorrow night everyone. I've just been too swamped the last 3-4 days with everything that is going on.

Get ready, the bulker is about to begin! :burg:

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

4. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post

Get ready, the bulker is about to begin! :burg:
    are we talkin burgers and pizza bulk?
    or brown rice and chicken bulk?

i'm having some serious cravings for burgers and pizza right now!

5. good stuff on the vit D posted here!
    i thought it was only necessary to supplement D in the winter when sunlight wasn't plentiful?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    good stuff on the vit D posted here!
    i thought it was only necessary to supplement D in the winter when sunlight wasn't plentiful?
    With all the recent studies and findings on Vitamin D, the actual suggested serum level needs to be much higher than previously thought. I have more to add, in fact, i may just start a vitamin D thread.

The bulker will be chicken and brown rice, but i plan to have have some occassional pizza in there.

Legendary

7. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    With all the recent studies and findings on Vitamin D, the actual suggested serum level needs to be much higher than previously thought. I have more to add, in fact, i may just start a vitamin D thread.

The bulker will be chicken and brown rice, but i plan to have have some occassional pizza in there.
    Indeed. There is a lot more to vitamin D that meets the eye. However, I am curious to see your thoughts bud. PM me the link if you setup a thread.

Cheers Brutha Man!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

8. I may look into some Vit D supplementation because in Edinboro, PA we get about 15 sunny days a year. The rest of the time we are covered in 3ft of snow or 6in of rain or both...

Keep up the awesome work T1... you da man!
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

9. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Hmmm, pizza. I had mine last night (I know; SPANK! All good, though)...Looking forward to seeing your bulk, T1.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

10. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Hmmm, pizza. I had mine last night (I know; SPANK! All good, though)...Looking forward to seeing your bulk, T1.
    I can't wait myself.

Now i want pizza again lol!

Legendary

11. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I may look into some Vit D supplementation because in Edinboro, PA we get about 15 sunny days a year. The rest of the time we are covered in 3ft of snow or 6in of rain or both...
    It might be a challenge to be cheerful in that environment. Sounds harsher than in Scandinavia. Vitamin D(3) should be a must! ....

12. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    It might be a challenge to be cheerful in that environment. Sounds harsher than in Scandinavia. Vitamin D(3) should be a must! ....
    I massivelt agree and think that vitamin D deficency contributesnot only to the depression epidemic but metabolic syndromes in modern cultures.
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

13. True. There have been quite a few studies alone on Vitamin D deficiency and seasonal depression.

I've officially become a Vitamin D fanatic!

Vitamin D is so much more than just a vitamin, it's actually a prohormone.

This stuff is truly amazing with its broad spectrum of benefits. I'm increasing my daily dose to 4000 IU/day starting today. I shall keep you all updated.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9d_HK3XN4c&feature=re lated"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    Last edited by Trauma1; 07-04-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Legendary

14. wonder what the absorption rate of D3 is, and if it would make sense to play with alternate forms like ethers.
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

15. Have you guys ever seen Dr. John Berardi's pizza recipe???

I am trying to find it for ya...

16. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    True. There have been quite a few studies alone on Vitamin D deficiency and seasonal depression.

I've officially become a Vitamin D fanatic!

Vitamin D is so much more than just a vitamin, it's a hormone.

This stuff is truly amazing with its broad spectrum of benefits. I'm increasing my daily dose to 4000 IU/day starting today. I shall keep you all updated.

YouTube - Vitamin D: Essential for Prevention of Diseases

Interesting clip T1...

17. Being lipophilic bile salts have a lot to do with increasing it's absorbtion from the small intestines.

Here's a good read though:

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/pic...3&blobtype=pdf

Intestinal absorption of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 in unanesthetized rat
    D Hollander, E Rim, and D Morgan

We investigated the mechanism and characteristics of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 (25-OH-D3) absorption in the unanesthetized rat by using a single-pass intestinal perfusion technique. The rate of 25-OH-D3 absorption remained linear for a wide range of concentrations (2-900 nM). Absorption rate of 25-OH-D3 increased as the pH, the bile acid concentration, and thickness of the unstirred water layer were decreased. Absorption did not change after the additions of fatty acids of varied chain lengths and degrees of saturation. In rats with lymph and bile fistulas, 18.5% and 16.3% of the infused radio-activity appeared in the lymph and bile drainage, respectively. These experiments indicate that 25-OH-D3 is absorbed by a passive diffusion mechanism that is influenced by the intestinal pH, bile acid concentration, and thickness of the unstirred water layer, but not by the presence of fatty acids. Approximately equal fractions of the infused hydroxylated vitamin are recovered from the lymphatic and biliary fluids.

Legendary

18. So what is the takeaway here? How much vitamin D? What form? What time? With meals?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    So what is the takeaway here? How much vitamin D? What form? What time? With meals?
    Vitamin D3(Cholecalciferol) is the better of the two forms. The other being D2(Ergocalciferol).

Is Vitamin D3 Better than D2? Vitamin D Comes in Different Forms; They're not All the Same!

As far as the amount, it depends on who you talk to. IMO, i would be taking in at least 2000 IU day minimum. This is even if you do receive a good amount of sunlight(a solid 15 mins/day). Maintaining your serum Vitamin D level in the upper end of normal is Paramount for maximal benefits.

It's lipophilic(fat soluable). It would be best to take with meals.

Legendary

20. Here is the Gourmet Nutrition sample PDF...

The Pizza recipe is in there...

http://www.gourmetnutrition.com/sample.pdf

21. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I may look into some Vit D supplementation because in Edinboro, PA we get about 15 sunny days a year. The rest of the time we are covered in 3ft of snow or 6in of rain or both...

Keep up the awesome work T1... you da man!

Haha, 15 days may be a bit of an exaggeration, but we could use a few more sunny days here. Unless the weather's completely different an hour & a half North of where I'm at!

22. Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    Here is the Gourmet Nutrition sample PDF...

The Pizza recipe is in there...

http://www.gourmetnutrition.com/sample.pdf
    Nice link, there a few good looking meals in there. I've heard the pizzafree pizza's were actually pretty good but I've yet to try them. They have 0 grams of fat, 43 grams of carbs, & 19 grams of protein per mini pie.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    Nice link, there a few good looking meals in there. I've heard the pizzafree pizza's were actually pretty good but I've yet to try them. They have 0 grams of fat, 43 grams of carbs, & 19 grams of protein per mini pie.

haha i was exaggerating but, you know what i mean... you from buffalo area?

i actually took the plunge and purchased Dr. Berardi's entire system the other day. i cannot wait to get that book!

24. Trauma; why the all-out cut followed immidiately by a rather wet bulk ? (referring to the Phera/SD) What is the ideal goal for you in terms of body composition ? What's the goal of the bulk ?

25. Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
    Trauma; why the all-out cut followed immidiately by a rather wet bulk ? (referring to the Phera/SD) What is the ideal goal for you in terms of body composition ? What's the goal of the bulk ?
    I had a small amount of fat to lose before i wanted to start this bulker. I'm very pleased with the results i received from this short cut. The superdrol should dry up the end of the bulk cycle nicely.

The goal of my bulk is to gain a solid 10-15lbs over the 6 weeks that it will be. Outside the 3-AD i ran a few months back, i haven't really run anything hormonal in quite some time.

My body is SO ready to grow at this point. I've pushed back my start date to somewhere around the 14th of this month. I just have too much going on right now with the closing on my house, and subsequent move to maintain serious dedication.

Legendary

26. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Vitamin D3(Cholecalciferol) is the better of the two forms. The other being D2(Ergocalciferol).

Is Vitamin D3 Better than D2? Vitamin D Comes in Different Forms; They're not All the Same!

As far as the amount, it depends on who you talk to. IMO, i would be taking in at least 2000 IU day minimum. This is even if you do receive a good amount of sunlight(a solid 15 mins/day). Maintaining your serum Vitamin D level in the upper end of normal is Paramount for maximal benefits.

It's lipophilic(fat soluable). It would be best to take with meals.
    Awesome info. So you take this in the morning time? Is there not a reason to take w/ first meal or breakfast?

Also, do you recommend taking anything lipophilic with a fat source at the same time? (Such as Vit. E) Doesn't lipophilic just mean that it gets stored/utilized in the fatty tissue of the body?

27. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Awesome info. So you take this in the morning time? Is there not a reason to take w/ first meal or breakfast?

Also, do you recommend taking anything lipophilic with a fat source at the same time? (Such as Vit. E) Doesn't lipophilic just mean that it gets stored/utilized in the fatty tissue of the body?
    I take a dose of Vitamin D in the morning with breakfast(2000 IU), and another dose with dinner(2000 IU.)

If a substance is lipophilic (fat like) enough it will be absorbed in the same manner that dietary fat is from the small intestine into the lymphatic system. Fat soluble vitamins are generally stored in the liver as well for later use.

I've actually been reading that bile salts influence the absorption of Vitamin D even more so.

As a result, I would recommend that you take your Vitamin D with a meal(that contains fats) to enhance absorption effects. Remember also that taking anything that may inhibit/effect fat absorption will effect the absorption of a fat soluble vitamins. This is probably why my vitamin D level was unchanged while i was taking the DCP.

Legendary

28. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Remember also that taking anything that may inhibit/effect fat absorption will effect the absorption of a fat soluble vitamins.

So does this mean to not take Vitamin D or anything else lipophilic with a meal that contains fiber? (Say psyillium husk, or benefiber, or large amounts of fibrous veggies)

29. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    So does this mean to not take Vitamin D or anything else lipophilic with a meal that contains fiber? (Say psyillium husk, or benefiber, or large amounts of fibrous veggies)
    I would try to take it with some fish oils myself. That's what i do.

I would definitley try to avoid taking in high amounts of fiber when dosing the Vitamin D.

Legendary

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Thermo-glide
    By john123131 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 11:48 AM