Batman fightin crime on RPM/Drive

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Whatsup fellas

Started this stack on 4/26/08

Current goal is slight recomp/fatloss and as always increase strength, speed and endurance
It's time to get shredded for the summer.

Stats as of 4/26, cold, in the morning unflexed
5'6"
158.5 lbs
arm 15
forarm 12 3/8
thigh 24
calf 15
waist 327 7/8
chest 42
shoulders 45 4/8
neck 16

Training Split:
upper lower split twice a week
Personal records for a few of them are there

Tues: Volume
Incline dumbell press
parellel bar pullups
decline close grip bench press
incline dumbell curl
dumbell lateral raises

Thursday: Volume

Not set in stone yet, but im thinking
back squat
walking barbell lunges
barbell calf press

Saturday: limit strength
Strict parallel barbell bent over row
Bench press
Weighted Chinup/Dip complex( alternating 1 minute between sets)
Barbell curl
Pushups
Face Pulls

Sunday: Power
Hang power clean
Front squat
one legged dumbell calf raise
Underleg cable pulls

Cardio: HIT and steady state sessions whenever I can get it in.

Diet

5-6 meals a day.
Protein with each meal usually steak chicken or turkey
lots of healthy fats
as many veggies as I can handle, usually spinach
Sometimes I have a piece of fruit, usually for breakfast.
Most importantly I try to eat no processed foods at all.
If man made it I don't eat it.

I dont count calories precisely but I tend to keep it in the 1400-1900 range. roughly a 40/20/40 split P/C/F

Supplements
RPM/Drive
as well as the standards:
ZMA
BA
CM
BCAAs
Taurine
Fish Oil
Whey

General

This summer i'm trying to take myself to the next level.
I'm a good athlete at this point, trying to turn into a great one. Over the last year, I have been 10% body fat, ran under a 6 minute mile, ran a 4.93 40 yard, deadlifted 2.75 bodyweight. Power clean and pressed over bodyweight, front squatted almost 2 times bodyweight. and many other solid accomplishments.
Over the next 100 days i'm taking it to the next level.
I will be on RPM/drive for 30 days, afterwards I will be on actX and LeanX for 40 days. then 30 days on dcp/napalm and maybe anohter fat burner. ( I will start new logs on these when this one is finished)

My goals over this period of time? (all 100% raw)
under 9% bodyfat
Deadlift at least 500 pounds
Frontsquat 315
benchpress 255
Strict overhead press 185
25 bw pullups
powerclean - pushpress 205
become diesel on weighted dips and pullups.
run under a 4.9 40
run under a 5:45 mile

Lets see where RPM and Drive can get me.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 1 04/26/08

Took 2 caps of drive when I woke up

Two caps of drive and two caps of rpm an hour before workout.

Only the first day so I didn't notice to much, but that's to be expected. I didn't push it too hard in the gym today.
Still getting use to my current split and exercises, next saturday I will start to push.

I'm not going to include any warmup info in my log, although I do extensive warming up preworkout.
All lifts are done 100 percent raw 100 percent range of motion with the best form I have.

BOR 115 x 10, 135 x 10, 145 x 10
Bench 135 x 10, 155 x 10, 175 x 10
Chin/dip comlex
Chin +35 x 4, dips +35 x 5, for 5 sets fo each.
face pulls 40 x 10 50 x 10 60 x 10
barbell curl 65 x 7 75 x 7 80 x 7
explosive pushups
bw x 40 bw x 35 bw x 20

Slightly less than average workout, had a slight energy crash in the middle which was unusual. On my chinup dip comlex I was actually getting stronger each time through it. I could of easily added several more reps to all the sets if I wanted to.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 2 04/27/08

two drive caps upon waking
two drive caps and two RPM 1 hour preworkout.

Nothing unusual to report.

Workout:

Hang power clean
95 x 3
115 x 3
125 x 3
135 x 3
145 x 1

frontsquat 135 x 5 155 x 5 175 x 5 185 x 5

one legged calf raise
45 x 10 50 x 10 55 x 10

underleg cable pulls
35 x 10 45 x 10 55 x 10

my workout sucked today. My powerclean was pitiful, had no explosion. hopefully I can change that over the next few weeks frontsquat felt really good, have not dont it for reps that high in awhile. my quads got a decent pump, I didnt feel to strong though.

In general nothing real noticable to report from the drive/RPM although I didnt expect much to report.

I took a sample of drive before and got wicked pumps, but thus far have not. This will probably change on my volume days though.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 3 04/28/08

monday and back to work. I work a desk job so Im not highly active, but while im at work my diet is pretty much on lockdown.

took two drive caps in the morning and two on an empty stomach after work.

One thing to report. My muscles feel like they may be slightly harder. Other than that nothing else to report. No workout today however tommorow is my upper body volume training and I usually end up with sick pumps. It should be fun.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 4 04/29/08

and now im all caught up.

took two caps drive when i woke up, will take 2 more and 2 rpm an hour before workout

At work right now will be heading straight to the gym when I leave.

Muscles still feel a little harder than usual.
When I woke up this morning looked in the mirror and I think I have leaned out a little.
stepped on the scale and weighed in at 158.5

Also wanted to add that my diet has been tested many times already over the past 3 days. saturday and sunday i was teased by pizza all day and monday when I got home there was a huge coscos bag of fritos jsut sitting on the counter.
Im happy that I haven't given in at all yet.

Workout

Popped two drive and two RPM 45 minutes before training.

Incline dumbell press: 50 x 11 60 x 11 70 x 10 50 x 20
parallel pullups bw x 11, bw x 10, bw x 6, bw x 6, bw x 6
lateral dumbell raises 12.5 x 10 20 x 10 25 x 10 30 x 10left, 7 right
decline close grip bench 135 x 12 for 3 sets.
incline dumbell curls 20 x 10 25 x 10 20 x 10

strength may be slightly up and I had a slightly better than average pump

sittin here at the computer munching on shrimp half a banana, some natty pb, steak and eggs.
my diet has been on lockdown so far through 4 days and i'm happy about that.

unfortunately I won't be getting as much sleep as I would like tonight since I have to be at work early tommorow.

Last edited:
TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ill be followin. we have similiar mesaurements & stats in general. check my log of RPM/Neovar

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Hey my man.... may want to increase to 3 RPM pre-workout.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Hey my man.... may want to increase to 3 RPM pre-workout.
I have been considering it. Think I need it at my weight? Will probably start dosing 3 preworkout on saturday when I really start to hit the weights hard.

:clean:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I think it would be worth a try to compare the feel to 2 caps. You may like it better, you may like it less.

If you have any questions I can help you with, please feel welcome to PM me.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 5 4/30/08

two caps upon waking and two caps of drive later on an empty stomach.

Muslce hardness stilld feels slightly up and starting to feel a little tighter. possible slightly more vascularity and a little leaner aorudn the waist.

Ended up eating alot more carbs than usual today...but I was hungry. every now and then i up the carbs for a day or so.

Biggest news is starting saturday I will be at a new gym.
Its a pretty good facility, bodybuilder/powerlifter oriented.
Should be a way better atmosphere than the college gym I was lifting at.

Thursday will be another lighter workout then when saturday comes it will be time to bust my balls.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 6 5/01/08

Hellish day at work today. I didn't get out of the gym until 10 oclock because of it.

2 caps of drive in the am

2 caps of rpm preworkout on a semiempty stomach
2 caps of drive right after workout(forgot the tabs in my car twice)

Today was a lower body restoration day.

My spinal erectors, hip flexors and med glutes have been very beat up lately and I wanted to get the bloww flowing to them before I start to hit the weights hard.

Back squat(olympic style with long pauses on bottom)
155 for a bunch of doubles and triples.
have not used back squats for a very long time since I backed off on the powerlifting. I did however feel insanely strong in the position.

I wouldnt be too surprised if I could break a 400 pound raw deep squat with a few months of dedication.

Deadlift 225 for a bunch of singles. kept it light and focused on proper pulling technique and a good stretch.

Barbell calf press. 185 x 20 185 by 20 185 x 20.

Walked barbell lunges. 95 x 10 95 x 10 95 x 10.

got a decent stretch on all my lifts. afterwards did some brutal stretching of the above muscles. My erectors are probably the loosest they have been in weeks.

Tpoday aggression was slightly up, as well as a slight increase in vascularity and muscle density.
Even though they are small, I am definetly noticing effects of the RPM/Drive. Hopefully over the next two weeks the effects wil start to skyrocket and I can set some new records in the weight room.

I have a very positive outlook on the future right now, especially if my posterior chain heals up.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 7 05/02/08

2 caps drive in the morning
2 caps drive on empty stomach in the afternoon

Not much to report I feel pretty normal.
thank god it's friday. I'm going to try to get a good nights sleep before I really start to bust my balls tommorow.

Almost ate some pizza at work today. But I refrained.

About to eat some turkey spinach and natty pb.
I'll be leaving work in about an hour and then it's time for a weekend in my new gym!

:clean:

shimshadee

Awards
just ordered some RPM and i cant wait to start

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
WEEK 1 in review

Stats as of 5/3, cold, in the morning unflexed,
I try to replicate conditions to be as consistent as possible
5'6"
158.5 lbs
arm 15 1/16 +1/16
forarm 12 5/8 + 1/8
thigh 23 4/8 - 4/8
calf 14 6/8 - 2/8
waist 32 4/8 - 3/8
chest 42 2/8 + 2/8
shoulders 45 6/8 + 2/8
neck 16 1/8 + 1/8

Weight remained the same but measurements changed for the positive. I notived slight improvements in the mirror as well.
It appears I had a decent recomp week.
Training was okay, but I didn't really push myself.
Diet was on point, only hiccup I had was one day when I had two bowls of cereal with milk. Othen than that all other food I ate was non-processed whole foods.

This week I will probably try to slightly cut calories to lean out quicker.
I also hope to start making some noticable gains this next week as the drive/RPM starts to really take effect.

Starting today I will also up my RPM intake to 3 preworkout.

I'm also going to wokr on getting pics uploaded, I have been very busy and my personal computer's hard drive died so its been a pain.

I'm leaving for my first workout at my new gym in half an hour.

I'll be making my post for day 8 when I get back.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 8 5/3/08

Bent over row 115 x 3 125 x 3 135 x 3 145 x 3 145 x 3
Bench Press 135 x 3 155 x 3 175 x 3 185 x 3 195 x 3 205 x 2 210 x 1
Chins + 45 x 4 + 45 x 5 +45 x 4 +35 x 4 + 35 x 4
Dips +45 x 4 45 x 4 45 x 4 35 x 5 35 x 5
face pulls 40 x 10 55 x 10 70 x 10
barbell curl 65 x 5 75 x 5 85 x 5 85 x 5
pushups bw x 50 bw x 30 bw c x 20

Okay workout I upped the weight but left some in the tank.
my back is really bothering me in several areas and that affected my strength. my back exercises were tough to lockout and I was weak off the chest on bench.

definetly felt increased energy from 3 RPM and got a pretty good pump. I also seem to be slightly more vascular., and have noticed a slight increase in aggression.

Hopefully my back will stop nagging me and I can push my limits more comfortably.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 9 5/4/08

2 caps drive in the morning
2 drive 3 RPM preworkout.

Dead hand power clean 95 x 2 x 5
kept the weight light to keep stress of my posterior
Front squat 135 x 3 155 x 3 175 x 3 195 x 3 215 x 1 235 x 1
245 x 1 135 x 10
dumbell calf press 40 x 10 50 x 10 60 x 10
10 hard minutes on exercise bike afterwards
and also rolled on a foam roller

My legs felt powerful today but still under peak numbers due to my hips. I couldnt generate much power from the bottom position of the squat.

After 10 hard minutes on the exercise bike I also noticed that lactic acid buildup was greatly reduced. My legs were fatigued but not sore. Not sure if this is due to drive, beta alanine starting to kick in or a little bit of both.
I also used a foam roller immediately post workout today for the first time. I usually use them at home at random times.
It feels heavenly right after a workout.

leaness and vascularity are slowly improving and aggression may be slightly increased. No huge changes yet however.
the next week-week and a half will be very telling. and I can't wait.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 10 5/5/08

I woke up way less beat than I expected. I usually have trouble getting out of bed mondays after beating myself silly in the gym but I was relatively fine.

Ended up having a refeed meal today that was about 1300 calories and afterwards my muscles were extremely full and dense.
Energy levels are slightly up as well as aggression. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment and am looking foward to tearing up the gym tommorow. Mood and focus are slightly elevated.

I also got in about 20 minute run today

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
Day 11 5/6/08

Incline dumbell press 55 x 10 65 x 10 75 x 8 75 x 2 55 x 14

Thick bar parallel bar pullups bw x 15 bw x 8 bw x 6 bw x 3 bw x 4

Close grip decline bench press 135 x 10 x 3

Inline bench dumbell curls 15 x 10 25 x 10 25 x 12 15 x 15

Incline flys 15 x 10 25 x 10 25 x 12 15 x 25

lateral raises 15 x 10 25 x 20 x 10 25 x 10

30 minutes on an exercise bike

got a pretty wicked pump today. my arms feel like they were going to burst. strength levels were slightly below what I was hoping for, but were okay. focus energy and aggression were up as well as endurance. Im definelty starting to notice the effects of the stack.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 12 05/07/08

No workout today, and not as sore as I thought I would be when i woke up this morning.
Muscle density is definetly up
Had another carb meal today, and overall my calories for this week have been higher than I would like to have.
Going to be interesting stepping on the scale saturday.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 12 5/8/08

olympic style back squats
135 x 3 155 x 3 175 x 3 195 x 3 215 x 3 235 x 2 255 x 1
barbell calf press 135 x 20 135 x 20 135 x 20 185 x 20 185 x 20
lunge walks 75 x 10 x 3
then i spent 30 minutes on the biek watching the celtics beatdown the cavs.

Second time I did back squats in almost 1.5 years. Not bad I felt. Pretty much dropped them altogether when I stopped powerlifting.
Im pretty sure with 3 months or so of training I will put up a 405 plus squat. It did feel pretty good to squat again.

I definetly notice effects on endurance, muscular endurance, and energy on this stack. My muscles do also seem to be more dense and vascular than normal. However I haven't quite been blown away by this stack yet, its been good, but not great. The next weeks workouts will be very telling.

Also got a nice package from nutraplanet today which is always nice. Stocked up on fish oil and ZMA. I also got a sample of golden finish by controlled labs and it was absolutely delicious.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 13 05/09/08

OFF

DAY 14 05/10/08

crappy day all around
weighed in at 188.5 and measurements were almsot identical.
Maybe a slight reduction in the waist.
went to the gym and had a horrible workout.
My strength just wasn't there and my CNS was definetly fatigued. Ended up doing some higher rep work then spent some time on the bike and jumping rope.

DAY 15 05/11/08

Mothers day and I ended up driving almost 300 miles.
Also forgot to bring food with me so my diet got thrown out of wack for half of the day. I wanted to get my workout in but I got home at 10 and was exhausted, ended up going straight to bed.

I had a rather crappy weekend all in all workout and healthwise.

DAY 16 05/12/08

Today i'm ready to go and am heading straight to the gym after work.

I will write a halfway update with some of my thoughts on the stack when I get home.

Starting today I will be making several changes and will get into that in my next post.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 17 05/12/08

Powerclean 95 x 5 x 5
strict standing overhead press 95 x 10 x 3
lateral/front/ rear raises 10 x 20 15 x 20 20 x 20
scap pushups bw x 20 x 2

Diet was also perfect today.

Starting today I changed routines to the following

Monday shoulders then steady state cardio
wednesday arms the HIIT
friday legs
saturday chest/back steady state cardio
sunday HIIT

My body adapted to my current program very quickly and my cns is definetly strained. Im very surprised this happened as I barely pushed over 90 percent max effort in many lifts.
I also noticed that RPM/drive seems to have little to no effect on maximal strength levels. Under 8 reps it doesnt do much but when you go into the hypertrophy range it adds alot of muscular endurance.
This seems to correlate to other peopls logs as well, those on maximal strength based programs seem to have much less success then those on bodybuilding based programs.
Therefore for the remainder of the log I will work in the 8-20 rep range and see how far I can push it.
I got a sick pump roday in my shoulders and seemed to actually get stronger the more sets I did. I will be on a slight deload this week then I will push myself to the limits and hope to set some new 10-15 rep personal records.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 18 05/13/08

Diet was solid except for a little too much natty pb.

Also went for a 20 minute run on the treadmill.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 19 05/14/08

Arms today

Chins BW x 18 slow reps with emphisis in bi's
Close grip bench press 135 x 10 x 3
standing ez bar curls 30 x 20 40 x 20 50 x 20 40 x 20
bench dips bw x 20 bw x 20 bw x 30
various farmers walks for the forearms.
20 minutes HIIT on an exercise bike.

Decent workout. One thing Drive/RPM makes you do is just keep on going in the gym. I just didn't really want to stop. Also got a pretty decent pump.

My diet has been pretty much spot on and i'm feeling very healthy, can't wait to step on the scale and take measurements saturday morning.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 20 05/15/08

2/3 of the way through.
Off day today and i've been enjoying the natty pb with raisins wayyy too much today.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 21 05/16/08

Back squat
135 x 10 155 x 10 175 x 10
front squat 135 x 5
barbell calf press 135 x 30 135 x 30 135 x 30 135 x 10

It's been a very long time since I so much volume on a leg day and I burnt out real quick. I usually don't do over 3 reps for movements like squats. That plus a combination of the cardio i've been doing smoked me. With the addition of it being friday night I decided to take it easy and short. I did end up getting one of the better pumps I have gotten in my legs. My calves were more vascular than I have ever seen them. Unfortunately it quickly diminished when I left the gym.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 22 05/17/08

Chest/back

Wide grip pullups bw x 15 bw x 8 bw x 6
incline bench press 135 x 10 x 3
chest supported rows 70 x 10 x 3
dumbell bench press 45 x 12 50 x 12 55 x 12
wige grip lat pulldowns 80 x 20 x 2
incline dumbell flies 20 x 20 x 2
30 minutes on exercise bike.

Got a good pump in my chest and back tpday and had good "mind-muscle connection" Having lifted for power most of my time in the gym it is one of the things I never got into.

Got a decent pump but I felt pretty weak today/ My body is not use higher volume hypertrophy routines.

Diet has been pretty much on lockdown

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 23 05/18/08

Got in about 2 hours of manual labor in the morning and about 15 minutes of sprint intervals in the evening.

Also had a fair amount of carbs today which jacked up my weight 5 pounds.

Only have a few more servings or drive left and I'm going to be taking a much needed week off from the gym starting in the next few days so my final review should be up soon.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
DAY 24 05/19/08

dead hang power clean 115 x 5 x 5
strict standing overhead press 85 x 10 105 x 10 105 x 9 105 x 5
1 hour low intensity cardio on an exercise bike.

This was my last workout on the stack, I have a few more days of drive left but my CNS is pretty beat up at this point and I will be taking the next 8 or so days off for some R and R.

I'll probably end up posting my final review today or tommorow.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
FINAL REVIEW

Well, i'm done training with RPM/drive I wont be back in the gym until next wednesday. I have enough drive to last until saturday and will give another update at that time on any effects it has on my rest and recovery period.

SO, where do I begin.
Bodyweight stayed about the same, waist shrunk about 1/2 an inch and added a little bit of mass.
However no amazing changes or for that matter changes that were above and beyond what I would of expected with my diet and routine.

The stack also had no noticable effects on libido or aggression.

Strengthwise it did very little for maximal strength, I was actually surprised at how weak i've been the past few weeks, wasn't very happy at all.

I noticed an increase in strength endurance mutliple times.
especially in the 10-15 rep range. It gave me enough endurance to add an extra rep or two often. I was also able to handle higher workloads for more sets. Several times I actually felt myself getting stronger through sets and them getting easier even though weight remained the same.

Energy and pumpwise I did routinely get a better than average pump and did have slight increase in energy, although I really don't routinely have a problem with either.

I did notice an increase in muscle density and hardness throughout the day and I did get slightly more vascular.

I can't say I noticed any increased recovery while on drive and RPM and was actually very surprised how quickly I burnt out.

Looking through some other logs as well I noticed a similiar trend. Those training on maximal strength programs were less than impressed with the stack, however those with higher rep hypertrophy rountines seem to have much more success.

I also dont think it had a very pronounced effect on leaning me out, I leaned out a little bit, but I would of expected to anyways with my diet.

I'd actually be interested in running this stack on a lean bulk with a hypertrophy split and see what happens.

Bottom line for bodybuilding purposes I would give this stack a shot. For strength purposes I would probably look elsewhere.