necroticism-Cordygen V02 FTW!

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established

i just received my bottle of this, and will be starting this log tomorrow. id like to thank millenium sports for this opportunity, and for the plethora of samples they have along with it. :thumbsup:

zachconley123

Awards
o snap u got it in the mail!!!wat samples did they throw in??

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
just finished with my first workout on it. it was back and bis. as far as "feeling" any different, i didnt seem to have any mood elevation as of yet, or anything to that effect. while lifting i did have a good pump, and i got some extra reps here and there.

widegrip pullups (dead hang)
10, 8, 6, 8

managed to beat the set before on my last set, which was a pleasent surprise.

barbell row

135x10
185x8, 6

normally i would do the sets at 185 with just 6, so i managed to pull an extra 2 reps on that second set.

close grip pullups, hands facing eachother
10, 10, 8, 8

i wouldnt normally do these, but this back workout was a change. i worked in my buddies garage opposed to the gym, due to the trainers pissing us off too much, but we couldnt really do deadlifts, since we broke a bar the last time we did.

i dont know what you call the next excersize, its like a pull up, but your lying down and pulling yourself up in a rowing motion opposed to like a pulldown, but i did 4 sets of 10.

for biceps i did 3 sets of 8 with 85 lbs on barbell curls, doing the gironda perfect curl technique, then another 3 sets of 8 with 60 lbs on reverse barbell curls in a drag curl fashion. i seemed a bit more vascular, and had a great pump, but that may be due to many other factors. as far as the extra reps, i dont know if its the product, or actual gains, its too early to tell if its placebo or not yet.

tomorow is my day off, so i will update on thursday.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just finished with my first workout on it. it was back and bis. as far as "feeling" any different, i didnt seem to have any mood elevation as of yet, or anything to that effect. while lifting i did have a good pump, and i got some extra reps here and there.

widegrip pullups (dead hang)
10, 8, 6, 8

managed to beat the set before on my last set, which was a pleasent surprise.

barbell row

135x10
185x8, 6

normally i would do the sets at 185 with just 6, so i managed to pull an extra 2 reps on that second set.

close grip pullups, hands facing eachother
10, 10, 8, 8

i wouldnt normally do these, but this back workout was a change. i worked in my buddies garage opposed to the gym, due to the trainers pissing us off too much, but we couldnt really do deadlifts, since we broke a bar the last time we did.

i dont know what you call the next excersize, its like a pull up, but your lying down and pulling yourself up in a rowing motion opposed to like a pulldown, but i did 4 sets of 10.

for biceps i did 3 sets of 8 with 85 lbs on barbell curls, doing the gironda perfect curl technique, then another 3 sets of 8 with 60 lbs on reverse barbell curls in a drag curl fashion. i seemed a bit more vascular, and had a great pump, but that may be due to many other factors. as far as the extra reps, i dont know if its the product, or actual gains, its too early to tell if its placebo or not yet.

tomorow is my day off, so i will update on thursday.
Always got to love extra reps:cheers:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
great start, man! i'm in!

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
today was a chest workout, took 6 caps about 45 minutes pre. the workout was ok, but since it was in my friends garage, the equpiment was sub par. the bench for instance, was too wide, forcing me to spread my legs farther apart then i would like to, and it was too high, so i couldnt get a solid base, but aside from that it wasnt horrible.

incline bench: 185 lbs x5x6x6

i actually gained a rep for my last 2 sets, which surprised me.

flat bench 185x 8
205x6
185x 8

normally i use dumbells, so this is a change for me, i actually put about the same weight and reps up in dumbells that i do on actual bench.

bw dips 3x10

partial overhead press (as seen here: http://www.t-nation.com/article/bodybuilding/exercise_of_the_week_partial_overhead_press)

95x 10
135x8x2

the weight is kind of low at the moment, but im getting used to the excersize, and stabilzing myself standing up.

i never had more than 30 seconds rest time throughout the entire workout though, so i feel for such an intense workout the weight i put up was pretty decent. chest is probably my weakest body part by far though.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
just got back from my leg workout. this one was odd though..i took 6 caps, which was fine for me yesterday, but today it was odd. after my 3rd set of squats i got winded, and it lasted the entire workout. i also put up much less weight than i normally would have. this may have been because of my subpar leg workout i had last week, nevertheless, here is the breakdown:

squats ATG: 315: 5 sets of 3
335: 1 set of 3

normally i take these up to 365 or higher without effort, but today i just wasnt feeling it

hack squats: 3 plates for 4 reps
4 plates for 2 sets of 4 reps

i felt i could do more reps, the muscle could handle it, but i was just too winded for some reason.

lying leg curls: 150x3x6

stiff leg deadlifts: 135x8
185x7
225x7

i havnt done this in quite some time, so i was working my way back into them. i aim to get back up to 315 for reps.

i doubt the cordygen would have caused such a bad response in me. i did miss 5 hours of eating since i went out to see my girlfriend, so this very well could have been the reason, i was quite tired going into the workout. aside from that, after the workout my legs felt pretty dead, so im content with it.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just got back from my leg workout. this one was odd though..i took 6 caps, which was fine for me yesterday, but today it was odd. after my 3rd set of squats i got winded, and it lasted the entire workout. i also put up much less weight than i normally would have. this may have been because of my subpar leg workout i had last week, nevertheless, here is the breakdown:

squats ATG: 315: 5 sets of 3
335: 1 set of 3

normally i take these up to 365 or higher without effort, but today i just wasnt feeling it

hack squats: 3 plates for 4 reps
4 plates for 2 sets of 4 reps

i felt i could do more reps, the muscle could handle it, but i was just too winded for some reason.

lying leg curls: 150x3x6

stiff leg deadlifts: 135x8
185x7
225x7

i havnt done this in quite some time, so i was working my way back into them. i aim to get back up to 315 for reps.

i doubt the cordygen would have caused such a bad response in me. i did miss 5 hours of eating since i went out to see my girlfriend, so this very well could have been the reason, i was quite tired going into the workout. aside from that, after the workout my legs felt pretty dead, so im content with it.

Hey we all have days were it just does not work no sweat bro:cheers:

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
it just struck me odd that on this of all products, i would get winded.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
today was shoulders, and again i got winded. i dont know if the product is causing this, or if im just burnt out...

behind the neck shoulder press: 135lb: 2 sets of 5
175lb: 1 set of 3
185: 1 set of 2
205: 1 set of 1
seated dumbell military: 65lb dumbells 3x10.

barbell shrugs: wasnt counting the sets or reps really, i got accustomed to using straps so i got rid of them for today to improve my gripping strength too, but i did a few sets at the following weights: 225, 275, 315, 365

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately i missed my back workout. i just had too much going on, but i did chest today, which was actually quite a good workout, i didnt get winded like i had been in the past days. maybe that extra day off was good for me.

incline db bench
85x10x8x8

flat db bench
70x15 75x8x10

decline bb bench(wide grip)

185x8 205x6 225x3

dips:
bwx12 bw+20lbsx10 bwx10

overhead dumbell extensions

85x10x10x10

this turned out to be quite a good workout. have legs tomorrow, so ill see how it treats me for that.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
today will be legs, so ill see how that treats me.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
well, it was a good workout. last day on cordygen though...

ATG squats:
315x3
335x3
345x3
335x3
325x3
315x3

front squats

185x6x2
225x4

lying leg curls
165x10
180x8x2

stiff leg deads

225x8
275x6x2

i did have 4 really good workouts on this stuff, i noticed the best benefit when i was doin some higher rep warm up sets than when i do the lower rep sets. it did seem to help cut down my rest time though. unfortunately i came down with something for a few workouts, which was quite unfortunate, but with the exception of that, i felt it was a quite good product for endurance etc.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to your final review man.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
can't wait for the review, bro!

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
waited to have a few workouts without it to see if i did notice a difference. the one thing i noticed it helped best with (on the good days i had) was pumping out a few extra reps here and there. also, towards the end of sets when i normally would get winded without it, or start to get tired, i was able to push for a little more than i normally would be able to. for instance, on the back day i had with it, i was able to do more pullups, with a dead hang opposed to going about 3/4 the way down opposed the amount im getting without it going only 3/4 the way down, simply because my muscles arent receiving enough oxygen. i feel this product is best suited for people doing more cardio, high reps, or doing endurance activities opposed to lower reps power movements though.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Being a high repper and heavy endurance...r i'd have to agree with you totally.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
yeah, like if you look on my shoulder day i did a set of 1 rep, but i felt it working on that set of 10 reps, didnt notice much on the 1 though.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
When I lift i'm normally in the 12-15 range so I definitely know what you mean. I take it before going out on the tennis courts also and it's the same. Running is like nothing to me anymore, haha

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i like lifting heavy stuff too much to do that. or atleast whats heavy to me. some of this weight i put up is childs play for some people, but i want to get to that point...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
i like lifting heavy stuff too much to do that. or atleast whats heavy to me. some of this weight i put up is childs play for some people, but i want to get to that point...
Everyone has different goals man. I think you're actually in the majority on boards like this with me being the minority, haha. I am not looking to gain a TON of strength anytime soon...just looking to maintain strength and blast fat. it's been working well so far :)

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
thats good. reps of 12 to 15 aren't too high IMO, but at the gym i go to, weve got this 110 lb trainer who tells everyone that likes to lift heavy with lower reps, to lower the weight and train in the 20-50 rep range....i think thats a bit extreme unless i was cutting for a comp or something, which im not.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'd have to go with quite extreme myself, haha

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
lol, i would just get too bored. i will do it every once in a while to change things up, but i just cant stick with that kind of program.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
No definitely not. I really don't see a point at all.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i laughed about this guy though (the trainer who thinks this is the ideal way to train) hes a brittish guy named oliver. he starts correcting me on my benching with 90lb dumbbells at the time, but then he goes on the incline bench, throws 2.5s on and clips it. he also was struggling with it, but about 2 days earlier he was telling a friend of mine that he could out rep him on decline bench with 225. some people these days...

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
haha...idk i really just wish trainers would stop talking to you and let you train.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well if some of them went through the proper steps to become a trainer then this wouldn't be an issue.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone that's a trainer that reads this...but they practically give away the certification anymore.

I have started training with the one that I KNOW will be the hardest and I will gain the most knowledge from recently...i'll pick up the other pieces of paper when i'm done actually learning ;)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again for the great log brother! Sorry to hear you came down with something for a couple of days but at least it panned out in the end. Great job!