DaveGabe showin' off his Grand Bolas, aka DTH!!

Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    I totally agree with you, and I really could care less about the scale, but when you're two lifting partners both mention that I'm looking small it doesn't exactly boost the ego.

I'm not going to freak out or anything, I'm eating more, and seeing where things go.
    Ask em who gets laid more ? Them two @ a most likely semi-pudgy 260-285 lbs, or YOU with a toned bodybuilding physique @ around 230 lbs ?! Lol .. But still, I feel ya, I'd be one pissed off mutha had a workout buddy of mine told me something like that, which is why I prefer to hit them weights alone !

2. I'm not caught up on the whole scale thing

It's just the fact I'm down 5lbs and my partners said I'm looking smaller...gotta just do work in the cafeteria I guess.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    they'd be ecstatic lol

One is 260, the other is 285. both football players.
    In that case make sure to tell them to really watch what they eat because the guts are beginning to intrude upon your friendship

4. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    In that case make sure to tell them to really watch what they eat because the guts are beginning to intrude upon your friendship

LOL, they'd squash my ass

5. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    LOL, they'd squash my ass
    You def aught to make some ab jokes to em lol to set them straight!!!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    You def aught to make some ab jokes to em lol to set them straight!!!
    I did before to the 285 kid, he asked if he was looking leaner and I started doing impressions of him like oooh man im so leannnn, feelin my abs and **** haha

he said 'f.uck my life' lolol and then told me how he shed a tear once he got back to his room.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    I did before to the 285 kid, he asked if he was looking leaner and I started doing impressions of him like oooh man im so leannnn, feelin my abs and **** haha

he said 'f.uck my life' lolol and then told me how he shed a tear once he got back to his room.
    lol hahahaha football lineman and there remarkable abs...

8. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    lol hahahaha football lineman and there remarkable abs...

9. Day 11 - DTH 1-1-2-1

Legs/Shoulders

Squats
    • 275 x 10
    • 275 x 10

Hang Cleans
    Didn't record any numbers, still just practicing with 155, 175..keeping it light to work on form. Also did some cleans, and then push presses.

For some reason my partner said I'm just not exploding enough with my legs, and I'm cleaning with all my upper body. These olympic lifts are frustrating

DTH Update:

Weight continues to drop, still not looking any bigger, but strength seems to be going up. Unfortunately I was strapped for time tonight, but the 275 x 10 felt real easy. I'm happy with this, unfortunately strength is not a priority.

10. post pics bro.. we can assess your supposed muscle loss.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Doug8796 View Post
    post pics bro.. we can assess your supposed muscle loss.
    Hes not losing any muscle probably, most people dont get stronger when they are losing muscle. He just works out with some 290lb guys that probably have like 28% bodyfat and they told him he is looking smaller.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Hes not losing any muscle probably, most people dont get stronger when they are losing muscle. He just works out with some 290lb guys that probably have like 28% bodyfat and they told him he is looking smaller.
    Strong assessment..I didn't know you knew him?

13. keep working on those olympic lifts man, and don't get frustrated. They are tough to master CORRECTLY. Many people try to do them but actually driving the exercise with the legs is hard, but once mastered will reap some great results.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    keep working on those olympic lifts man, and don't get frustrated. They are tough to master CORRECTLY. Many people try to do them but actually driving the exercise with the legs is hard, but once mastered will reap some great results.

Thanks man, I'm being patient...just wish I had more time.

15. chuck i want to do logs to compare your product with act xtreme.. i was thinking about stacking it with nettle though.. that way more free test. and thats basically all divanil is..

16. Quote Originally Posted by Doug8796 View Post
    chuck i want to do logs to compare your product with act xtreme.. i was thinking about stacking it with nettle though.. that way more free test. and thats basically all divanil is..
    Then that's not a fair comparison lol.

17. Yesterday was an off day, today is chest/back.
  18. Day 14 - DTH 2-2-1

Total Time: 40 minutes
    Total Working Sets: 15
    Chest/Back

Flat BB
    • 185 x 10
    • 245 x 3
    • 275 x 1
    • 315 x failed (bad spot)
    • 225 x 6

Pullups
    • BW x 10
    • +25 x 8
    • +25 x 7
    • BW x 9

Inc DB
    • 75 x 10
    • 95 x 6
    • 85 x 7
    • 70 x 8

BB Rows
    • 245 x 8
    • 245 x 8
    • 275 x 8

Best chest/back workout yet. I really feel like I'll be able to hit 315 with a better setup, I'm not one for excuses but the kid who spotted me almost sent me off the left side of the bench on the lift off....

The 275 felt so light, I could probably grab 3-4 reps with it.

I'll plan on attempting 315 again either next week, or the week after when I'm with my usual lifting partners.

DTH Updates:

Strength: Strength has continued to go up despite weight / size fluctuations. Tonight the incline db pressing and bb rows just ridiculously easy.

Aggression/Intensity: Again, as corny as it sounds, I was just staring all the weights down, attacking every set. Really helps, especially on the pulling exercises.

Size/Muscle Fullness: Well, the size is back and I don't care what anyone says. I looked just as big as I ever have, arguably the biggest today in the gym. Yes obviously I was pumped up, but it felt damn good to get the looks once again. I did 2-2-1 today, and felt a bit of a better fullness, I may try this from now on.

Vascularity: Well it was definitely there, saw 2 veins on the side of my arms, and forearms looked like road maps

19. Looking hot man im adding blast by nimbus nutrition as a prework supp so well see how that goes, tomorrow's friday and im doing bi's/chest no classes either!!!!...

20. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    Looking hot man im adding blast by nimbus nutrition as a prework supp so well see how that goes, tomorrow's friday and im doing bi's/chest no classes either!!!!...
    Very nice!

I'm keeping all my supplements the exact same as when I used ActX, even the same workout routine.

21. Im actually logging it:BLAST(sponsored) Tha BOX way!!
    If you want to check it out

22. How was Act x? I heard it was pretty good...

23. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    Im actually logging it:BLAST(sponsored) Tha BOX way!!
    If you want to check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    How was Act x? I heard it was pretty good...
    I thought you were logging DTH?

I liked ActX a lot, nice vascularity, deep deep sleep, strength, size, great great product.

24. I am logging DTH... now im running DTH and BLAST they do 2 completely different things....

25. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    I am logging DTH... now im running DTH and BLAST they do 2 completely different things....
    I know they do, lol I just was curious what happened to the DTH log if you're adding a new product.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DTH Grande Bolas log
    By alvin1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 11:31 AM
  2. Grand Bolas...the magic ingrediant?
    By achilles28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 07:51 AM
  3. Diesel Test Hardcore aka DTH
    By Cordeen in forum Supplements