DaveGabe showin' off his Grand Bolas, aka DTH!!

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
subbed, I ran the last version (w/out argenine)

I liked it even better than the new mass fx and Activate X (and I did not expect to, so no placebo)

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 6 - DTH 1-1-2-1

Pretty much an off-day. Did some swimming, weight is still only around 192. However, I am more concerned with measurements/overall appearance. Tomorrow is chest/back , will come back with some updates on that.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 7 - DTH 1-1-2-1

Chest/Back

Flat BB
  • 225 x 5
  • 245 x 5
  • 255 x 3 1/2
  • 225 x 5
  • 225 x 6
BB Rows
  • 225 x 8
  • 245 x 8
  • 245 x 8
  • 225 x 8
Inc DB
  • 70 x 10
  • 90 x 5
  • 70 x 10
  • 85 x 5
Pullups
  • BW x 8
  • BW x 8
  • BW x 8

Feeling strong as ever, weight was 195.5 with sweats, t-shirt, shoes. Whatever, strength is up, f*** the scale.

DTH Updates:

Aggression: One or two more workouts, and I'm officially going to contribute this aggression to DTH. This is the 3rd workout in a row where I have been attacking the weights, and dreading rest between sets.

Strength: Today was the first really strong day on DTH. The weights felt like they were just moving. Felt like I could bench all day. Really excited about this.

Muscle Fullness/Tightness: My chest is still looking more full than ever, for me having a naturally smaller chest than the rest of me this is a VERY nice change. Hopefully the chest continues to look this full.

Vascularity: The veins are continuing to show. On Monday and Tuesday I'll have a much better idea of the the extent of this benefit when I am directly lifting my bicep/triceps.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice workout...interesting rep scheme on the incline db press, do you have a specific reasoning behind dropping the weight on the third set then going back up for the fourth?

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nice workout...interesting rep scheme on the incline db press, do you have a specific reasoning behind dropping the weight on the third set then going back up for the fourth?
Nope no real reason lol.

The pressing felt really good today. A lot of the 225 sets I cut short. Going to keep doing the sets of 225 and then a few sets of 245-265 over the next few weeks to start getting used to repping heavier weights.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope no real reason lol.

The pressing felt really good today. A lot of the 225 sets I cut short. Going to keep doing the sets of 225 and then a few sets of 245-265 over the next few weeks to start getting used to repping heavier weights.
lol nice yea i was just wondering. i have done it before just kinda as a change up in my routine

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol nice yea i was just wondering. i have done it before just kinda as a change up in my routine
I kinda just go with the flow, lol where the aggression takes me :thumbsup:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 9 - DTH 1-2-1-1

Chest/Tri

Flat BB
  • 225 x 5
  • 260 x 3
  • 225 x 5
  • 245 x 4
  • 185 x 9, 25sec rest, 185 x 6
DB Incline
  • 75 x 6
  • 75 x 7
  • 75 x 5
Cable Crossovers
  • 50 x 15
  • 70 x 10, dropset, 50 x 10
CGBP
  • 155 x 5
  • 185 x 5
  • 205 x 4
OH DB Ext.
  • 60 x 10
  • 70 x 10
  • 65 x 8
Tri Pushdowns
  • 100 x 10
  • 100 x 10, dropset, 50 x 10

Pretty impressive strength. I was planning on hitting legs yesterday, but apparently they close @ 8 and not 10 :( Was pretty bad, internet was down, so I took my pre-workout got everything ready walked all the way to the gym and it was closed..ouch lol

Anyways I decided to push the week ahead a day, and I thought considering the facts the strength was pretty good. I had a solid chest day on Friday and still got some decent numbers today. For some reason I thought I did chest/back on Thursday, but it was Friday and now that I realized so I'm happy with the numbers I got.

Tomorrow is back/bi, and I'm going to start doing more sets for biceps than I used to, maybe 3 exercises 3sets each or something.

DTH Updates:

Very weird workout today. The aggression was there but subtlety. I literally got done with my workout and barely felt like I had moved a weight. I felt was if I was just going through the motions, and it went by in a flash. I remember walking in, and then packing my bag and somewhere in between I must have hit my chest/tris lol. Hard to describe , but the workout seemed to fly by.

Strength: Obviously strength seems to be going up considering I'm putting up some decent numbers for me, and that's only on one day rest after a chest day.

Vascularity: Still noticing some nice increased vascularity, nothing insane, but noticeable.

Aggression: This continues to be the most noticeable benefit from this product and I do enjoy it.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Your still in the early stages MUCH better things to come!

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
pushin some heavy @ss weight with your chest bro. it always amazes me how weak my chest is compared to everyone elses. but then again my back is pretty strong, but chest is not even close to where it should be.
keep it up man:bb3:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
pushin some heavy @ss weight with your chest bro. it always amazes me how weak my chest is compared to everyone elses. but then again my back is pretty strong, but chest is not even close to where it should be.
keep it up man:bb3:

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. It's very nice to see my pressing numbers catching up a little bit. Back/legs always dominated chest, but seems to be balancing out a little bit.

This Thursday I'm going to try and rep out 275, see what happens.:twisted:

Today is back/bi.

Most likely some weighted pullups/bb rows, and then going to hit the biceps hard. I think the only reason my arms are decent is because of my triceps, and that's because I always hated curls, but I need to get out of that old mindset, and realize bodybuilders cannot ignore any single muscle. So looks like I'll have to give in and really blast the biceps over the next year or two, get a nice peak.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 10 - DTH 1-2-1-1

Back/Bi

Weighted Pullups
  • +25 x 6
  • +45 x 8
  • +35 x 5
BB Rows (Thick Bar)
  • Underhand - 225 x 8
  • 225 x 8
  • 225 x 8
T-Bar Rows
  • 90 x 12
  • 160 x 10
  • 135 x 10
BB Curls
  • 45 x 10
  • 65 x 10
  • 65 x 8
Preacher EZ Curl
  • 45 x 10
  • 55 x 10
  • 55 x 10
  • 45 x 10

The +45 x 8 on pullups was a PR, but unfortunately my lifting partners said I'm looking skinnier than I used to. This really sucks, my strength is finally really going up and now I'm losing size? :confused:

I gotta stretch my stomach out or something, and start hitting the cafe as hard as I do the gym.

DTH Updates:

Strength: Obviously the strength is up, the pullups felt easier than ever. BB rows unfortunately were light because that thick bar just wasn't working with me.

Vascularity: Still impressing me, if this increases anymore I may argue it is on part with the vasodilation of divanil.

Size: Unfortunately as I mentioned my friends said I am looking skinnier than I used to, this really pissed me off. Hopefully I can focus this anger into some serious eating over the next 10-12 weeks. Sucks hearing you're skinnier , when strength is finally going up...

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Size: Unfortunately as I mentioned my friends said I am looking skinnier than I used to, this really pissed me off. Hopefully I can focus this anger into some serious eating over the next 10-12 weeks. Sucks hearing you're skinnier , when strength is finally going up...
DTH (with most people) changes their fat to muscle ratio. You are probably dropping bodyfat. I dont really know why people rather look at the scale and see the lbs go up versus being stronger at a better muscle to fat ratio.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
DTH (with most people) changes their fat to muscle ratio. You are probably dropping bodyfat. I dont really know why people rather look at the scale and see the lbs go up versus being stronger at a better muscle to fat ratio.
lol what hes tryimg to say is it genetically alerts your pysique muscletech style :toofunny:

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
lol what hes tryimg to say is it genetically alerts your pysique muscletech style :tootfunny:
Well I always see people freaking out when they use DTH for the first time because the scale is going down in total body weight.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That would be great if I was a powerlifter, but as a bodybuilder strength means **** to me. I'm losing size, and that's bad.

This needs to change soon, starting to just shove every piece of food I touch down my throat.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
That would be great if I was a powerlifter, but as a bodybuilder strength means **** to me. I'm losing size, and that's bad.

This needs to change soon, starting to just shove every piece of food I touch down my throat.
I was a powerlifter then a bodybuilder......."size" or "weight on the scale" has nothing to do with muscle to fat radio. I would check my bodyfat if I was you every 7 days to asses if you are losing muscle.

Also as a bodybuilder strength is very important because you are not going to have thick tris, delts, quads and chest not being strong. All the best bodybuilders are strong......really strong and train with more of a "powerlifting" rep range.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was a powerlifter then a bodybuilder......."size" or "weight on the scale" has nothing to do with muscle to fat radio. I would check my bodyfat if I was you every 7 days to asses if you are losing muscle.

Also as a bodybuilder strength is very important because you are not going to have thick tris, delts, quads and chest not being strong. All the best bodybuilders are strong......really strong and train with more of a "powerlifting" rep range.

I totally agree with you, and I really could care less about the scale, but when you're two lifting partners both mention that I'm looking small it doesn't exactly boost the ego.

I'm not going to freak out or anything, I'm eating more, and seeing where things go.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I totally agree with you, and I really could care less about the scale, but when you're two lifting partners both mention that I'm looking small it doesn't exactly boost the ego.

I'm not going to freak out or anything, I'm eating more, and seeing where things go.
lol you aught to casually mention (in a reassuring fashion) that 1 of your friends seems to be losing some size...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol you aught to casually mention (in a reassuring fashion) that 1 of your friends seems to be losing some size...

they'd be ecstatic lol

One is 260, the other is 285. both football players.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree! I'm currently doing carb-depletion Monday through Thursday, find myself dropping 5-6 lbs within that time-span, and by Saturday afternoon - after a 30 hour carbload - I've gained back 4-6 of those lbs, but still looking harder and better than 6 days earlier prior to the carb depletion. Last Monday, I weighed in at 241 lbs., and three days ago, I weighed in @ 240.6 lbs., looking much better and tighter !

I don't think the scale is necessary but PRIOR to beginning a new stack/workout program/diet, and then every couple of weeks, because even a 2-3 lbs increase/decrease within a short span of time is likely to just be because of water in your body, whereas after a couple weeks, it can actually be legit results, either from fat-loss or muscle gain ..

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Ask em who gets laid more ? Them two @ a most likely semi-pudgy 260-285 lbs, or YOU with a toned bodybuilding physique @ around 230 lbs ?! Lol .. But still, I feel ya, I'd be one pissed off mutha had a workout buddy of mine told me something like that, which is why I prefer to hit them weights alone !

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not caught up on the whole scale thing :wtf:

It's just the fact I'm down 5lbs and my partners said I'm looking smaller...gotta just do work in the cafeteria I guess.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
they'd be ecstatic lol

One is 260, the other is 285. both football players.
In that case make sure to tell them to really watch what they eat because the guts are beginning to intrude upon your friendship :toofunny:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In that case make sure to tell them to really watch what they eat because the guts are beginning to intrude upon your friendship :toofunny:

LOL, they'd squash my ass :run:

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You def aught to make some ab jokes to em lol to set them straight!!! :thumbsup:
I did before to the 285 kid, he asked if he was looking leaner and I started doing impressions of him like oooh man im so leannnn, feelin my abs and **** haha

he said 'f.uck my life' lolol and then told me how he shed a tear once he got back to his room.:whiner:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I did before to the 285 kid, he asked if he was looking leaner and I started doing impressions of him like oooh man im so leannnn, feelin my abs and **** haha

he said 'f.uck my life' lolol and then told me how he shed a tear once he got back to his room.:whiner:
lol hahahaha :toofunny: football lineman and there remarkable abs...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11 - DTH 1-1-2-1

Legs/Shoulders

Squats
  • 275 x 10
  • 275 x 10
Hang Cleans
Didn't record any numbers, still just practicing with 155, 175..keeping it light to work on form. Also did some cleans, and then push presses.​

For some reason my partner said I'm just not exploding enough with my legs, and I'm cleaning with all my upper body. These olympic lifts are frustrating :(

DTH Update:

Weight continues to drop, still not looking any bigger, but strength seems to be going up. Unfortunately I was strapped for time tonight, but the 275 x 10 felt real easy. I'm happy with this, unfortunately strength is not a priority.

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
post pics bro.. we can assess your supposed muscle loss.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
post pics bro.. we can assess your supposed muscle loss.
Hes not losing any muscle probably, most people dont get stronger when they are losing muscle. He just works out with some 290lb guys that probably have like 28% bodyfat and they told him he is looking smaller.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hes not losing any muscle probably, most people dont get stronger when they are losing muscle. He just works out with some 290lb guys that probably have like 28% bodyfat and they told him he is looking smaller.
Strong assessment..I didn't know you knew him? :blink:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
keep working on those olympic lifts man, and don't get frustrated. They are tough to master CORRECTLY. Many people try to do them but actually driving the exercise with the legs is hard, but once mastered will reap some great results.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
keep working on those olympic lifts man, and don't get frustrated. They are tough to master CORRECTLY. Many people try to do them but actually driving the exercise with the legs is hard, but once mastered will reap some great results.

Thanks man, I'm being patient...just wish I had more time.

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
chuck i want to do logs to compare your product with act xtreme.. i was thinking about stacking it with nettle though.. that way more free test. and thats basically all divanil is..

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
chuck i want to do logs to compare your product with act xtreme.. i was thinking about stacking it with nettle though.. that way more free test. and thats basically all divanil is..
Then that's not a fair comparison lol.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday was an off day, today is chest/back.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 14 - DTH 2-2-1

Total Time: 40 minutes
Total Working Sets: 15
Chest/Back

Flat BB
  • 185 x 10
  • 245 x 3
  • 275 x 1
  • 315 x failed (bad spot)
  • 225 x 6
Pullups
  • BW x 10
  • +25 x 8
  • +25 x 7
  • BW x 9
Inc DB
  • 75 x 10
  • 95 x 6
  • 85 x 7
  • 70 x 8
BB Rows
  • 245 x 8
  • 245 x 8
  • 275 x 8
Best chest/back workout yet. I really feel like I'll be able to hit 315 with a better setup, I'm not one for excuses but the kid who spotted me almost sent me off the left side of the bench on the lift off....

The 275 felt so light, I could probably grab 3-4 reps with it.

I'll plan on attempting 315 again either next week, or the week after when I'm with my usual lifting partners.

DTH Updates:

Strength: Strength has continued to go up despite weight / size fluctuations. Tonight the incline db pressing and bb rows just ridiculously easy.

Aggression/Intensity: Again, as corny as it sounds, I was just staring all the weights down, attacking every set. Really helps, especially on the pulling exercises.

Size/Muscle Fullness: Well, the size is back and I don't care what anyone says. I looked just as big as I ever have, arguably the biggest today in the gym. Yes obviously I was pumped up, but it felt damn good to get the looks once again. I did 2-2-1 today, and felt a bit of a better fullness, I may try this from now on.

Vascularity: Well it was definitely there, saw 2 veins on the side of my arms, and forearms looked like road maps :cool:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Looking hot man im adding blast by nimbus nutrition as a prework supp so well see how that goes, tomorrow's friday and im doing bi's/chest no classes either!!!!...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking hot man im adding blast by nimbus nutrition as a prework supp so well see how that goes, tomorrow's friday and im doing bi's/chest no classes either!!!!...
Very nice!

I'm keeping all my supplements the exact same as when I used ActX, even the same workout routine.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
How was Act x? I heard it was pretty good...

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I am logging DTH... now im running DTH and BLAST they do 2 completely different things....

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am logging DTH... now im running DTH and BLAST they do 2 completely different things....
I know they do, lol I just was curious what happened to the DTH log if you're adding a new product.