DaveGabe showin' off his Grand Bolas, aka DTH!!

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Your still in the early stages MUCH better things to come!

2. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    Your still in the early satges MUCH better things to come!
    Sounds good to me!!
    •   

3. pushin some heavy @ss weight with your chest bro. it always amazes me how weak my chest is compared to everyone elses. but then again my back is pretty strong, but chest is not even close to where it should be.
    keep it up man:bb3:

4. Quote Originally Posted by TNASTYII View Post
    pushin some heavy @ss weight with your chest bro. it always amazes me how weak my chest is compared to everyone elses. but then again my back is pretty strong, but chest is not even close to where it should be.
    keep it up man:bb3:

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. It's very nice to see my pressing numbers catching up a little bit. Back/legs always dominated chest, but seems to be balancing out a little bit.

This Thursday I'm going to try and rep out 275, see what happens.

Today is back/bi.

Most likely some weighted pullups/bb rows, and then going to hit the biceps hard. I think the only reason my arms are decent is because of my triceps, and that's because I always hated curls, but I need to get out of that old mindset, and realize bodybuilders cannot ignore any single muscle. So looks like I'll have to give in and really blast the biceps over the next year or two, get a nice peak.
  5. Day 10 - DTH 1-2-1-1

Back/Bi

Weighted Pullups
    • +25 x 6
    • +45 x 8
    • +35 x 5

BB Rows (Thick Bar)
    • Underhand - 225 x 8
    • 225 x 8
    • 225 x 8

T-Bar Rows
    • 90 x 12
    • 160 x 10
    • 135 x 10

BB Curls
    • 45 x 10
    • 65 x 10
    • 65 x 8

Preacher EZ Curl
    • 45 x 10
    • 55 x 10
    • 55 x 10
    • 45 x 10

The +45 x 8 on pullups was a PR, but unfortunately my lifting partners said I'm looking skinnier than I used to. This really sucks, my strength is finally really going up and now I'm losing size?

I gotta stretch my stomach out or something, and start hitting the cafe as hard as I do the gym.

DTH Updates:

Strength: Obviously the strength is up, the pullups felt easier than ever. BB rows unfortunately were light because that thick bar just wasn't working with me.

Vascularity: Still impressing me, if this increases anymore I may argue it is on part with the vasodilation of divanil.

Size: Unfortunately as I mentioned my friends said I am looking skinnier than I used to, this really pissed me off. Hopefully I can focus this anger into some serious eating over the next 10-12 weeks. Sucks hearing you're skinnier , when strength is finally going up...
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post

Size: Unfortunately as I mentioned my friends said I am looking skinnier than I used to, this really pissed me off. Hopefully I can focus this anger into some serious eating over the next 10-12 weeks. Sucks hearing you're skinnier , when strength is finally going up...
    DTH (with most people) changes their fat to muscle ratio. You are probably dropping bodyfat. I dont really know why people rather look at the scale and see the lbs go up versus being stronger at a better muscle to fat ratio.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    DTH (with most people) changes their fat to muscle ratio. You are probably dropping bodyfat. I dont really know why people rather look at the scale and see the lbs go up versus being stronger at a better muscle to fat ratio.
    lol what hes tryimg to say is it genetically alerts your pysique muscletech style

8. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    lol what hes tryimg to say is it genetically alerts your pysique muscletech style :tootfunny:
    Well I always see people freaking out when they use DTH for the first time because the scale is going down in total body weight.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Well I always see people freaking out when they use DTH for the first time because the scale is going down in total body weight.
    Thats something they need to get over....

10. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post

That would be great if I was a powerlifter, but as a bodybuilder strength means **** to me. I'm losing size, and that's bad.

This needs to change soon, starting to just shove every piece of food I touch down my throat.

11. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    That would be great if I was a powerlifter, but as a bodybuilder strength means **** to me. I'm losing size, and that's bad.

This needs to change soon, starting to just shove every piece of food I touch down my throat.
    I was a powerlifter then a bodybuilder......."size" or "weight on the scale" has nothing to do with muscle to fat radio. I would check my bodyfat if I was you every 7 days to asses if you are losing muscle.

Also as a bodybuilder strength is very important because you are not going to have thick tris, delts, quads and chest not being strong. All the best bodybuilders are strong......really strong and train with more of a "powerlifting" rep range.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    I was a powerlifter then a bodybuilder......."size" or "weight on the scale" has nothing to do with muscle to fat radio. I would check my bodyfat if I was you every 7 days to asses if you are losing muscle.

Also as a bodybuilder strength is very important because you are not going to have thick tris, delts, quads and chest not being strong. All the best bodybuilders are strong......really strong and train with more of a "powerlifting" rep range.

I totally agree with you, and I really could care less about the scale, but when you're two lifting partners both mention that I'm looking small it doesn't exactly boost the ego.

I'm not going to freak out or anything, I'm eating more, and seeing where things go.

13. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    I totally agree with you, and I really could care less about the scale, but when you're two lifting partners both mention that I'm looking small it doesn't exactly boost the ego.

I'm not going to freak out or anything, I'm eating more, and seeing where things go.
    lol you aught to casually mention (in a reassuring fashion) that 1 of your friends seems to be losing some size...

14. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    lol you aught to casually mention (in a reassuring fashion) that 1 of your friends seems to be losing some size...

they'd be ecstatic lol

One is 260, the other is 285. both football players.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    I agree! I'm currently doing carb-depletion Monday through Thursday, find myself dropping 5-6 lbs within that time-span, and by Saturday afternoon - after a 30 hour carbload - I've gained back 4-6 of those lbs, but still looking harder and better than 6 days earlier prior to the carb depletion. Last Monday, I weighed in at 241 lbs., and three days ago, I weighed in @ 240.6 lbs., looking much better and tighter !

I don't think the scale is necessary but PRIOR to beginning a new stack/workout program/diet, and then every couple of weeks, because even a 2-3 lbs increase/decrease within a short span of time is likely to just be because of water in your body, whereas after a couple weeks, it can actually be legit results, either from fat-loss or muscle gain ..

16. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post

Ask em who gets laid more ? Them two @ a most likely semi-pudgy 260-285 lbs, or YOU with a toned bodybuilding physique @ around 230 lbs ?! Lol .. But still, I feel ya, I'd be one pissed off mutha had a workout buddy of mine told me something like that, which is why I prefer to hit them weights alone !

17. I'm not caught up on the whole scale thing

It's just the fact I'm down 5lbs and my partners said I'm looking smaller...gotta just do work in the cafeteria I guess.

18. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    they'd be ecstatic lol

One is 260, the other is 285. both football players.
    In that case make sure to tell them to really watch what they eat because the guts are beginning to intrude upon your friendship

19. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    In that case make sure to tell them to really watch what they eat because the guts are beginning to intrude upon your friendship

LOL, they'd squash my ass

20. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    LOL, they'd squash my ass
    You def aught to make some ab jokes to em lol to set them straight!!!

21. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    You def aught to make some ab jokes to em lol to set them straight!!!
    I did before to the 285 kid, he asked if he was looking leaner and I started doing impressions of him like oooh man im so leannnn, feelin my abs and **** haha

he said 'f.uck my life' lolol and then told me how he shed a tear once he got back to his room.

22. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    I did before to the 285 kid, he asked if he was looking leaner and I started doing impressions of him like oooh man im so leannnn, feelin my abs and **** haha

he said 'f.uck my life' lolol and then told me how he shed a tear once he got back to his room.
    lol hahahaha football lineman and there remarkable abs...

23. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    lol hahahaha football lineman and there remarkable abs...

24. Day 11 - DTH 1-1-2-1

Legs/Shoulders

Squats
    • 275 x 10
    • 275 x 10

Hang Cleans
    Didn't record any numbers, still just practicing with 155, 175..keeping it light to work on form. Also did some cleans, and then push presses.

For some reason my partner said I'm just not exploding enough with my legs, and I'm cleaning with all my upper body. These olympic lifts are frustrating

DTH Update:

Weight continues to drop, still not looking any bigger, but strength seems to be going up. Unfortunately I was strapped for time tonight, but the 275 x 10 felt real easy. I'm happy with this, unfortunately strength is not a priority.

25. post pics bro.. we can assess your supposed muscle loss.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Doug8796 View Post
    post pics bro.. we can assess your supposed muscle loss.
    Hes not losing any muscle probably, most people dont get stronger when they are losing muscle. He just works out with some 290lb guys that probably have like 28% bodyfat and they told him he is looking smaller.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    Hes not losing any muscle probably, most people dont get stronger when they are losing muscle. He just works out with some 290lb guys that probably have like 28% bodyfat and they told him he is looking smaller.
    Strong assessment..I didn't know you knew him?

28. keep working on those olympic lifts man, and don't get frustrated. They are tough to master CORRECTLY. Many people try to do them but actually driving the exercise with the legs is hard, but once mastered will reap some great results.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

29. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    keep working on those olympic lifts man, and don't get frustrated. They are tough to master CORRECTLY. Many people try to do them but actually driving the exercise with the legs is hard, but once mastered will reap some great results.

Thanks man, I'm being patient...just wish I had more time.

30. chuck i want to do logs to compare your product with act xtreme.. i was thinking about stacking it with nettle though.. that way more free test. and thats basically all divanil is..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DaveGabe Reviews Lipotrophin AM/PM!
    By DaveGabe24 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 05:52 PM
  2. DaveGabe puts Lipotrophin AM/PM to the test!
    By DaveGabe24 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 02:15 PM
  3. Pro Cycle Labs Bolas Terol
    By SRossie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 07:05 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 01:09 PM