RoidRage gets Ripped!

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Send me a PM. Im not gonna hate, just wanna hear you out.
    I Just don't feel it works the chest well enough to be considered a "chest exercise". The only time your chest is actually doing work is at the top part of the rotation. What I tend to do at the end of my chest work-out is just grab 2 25 pound plates hold em together and bring them in and out(don't know how to describe good).
    Anyways, I think the Overhead actually works the lats better then the chest but correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Quote Originally Posted by WeakPoint View Post
    I Just don't feel it works the chest well enough to be considered a "chest exercise". The only time your chest is actually doing work is at the top part of the rotation. What I tend to do at the end of my chest work-out is just grab 2 25 pound plates hold em together and bring them in and out(don't know how to describe good).
    Anyways, I think the Overhead actually works the lats better then the chest but correct me if I'm wrong.
    Gotcha, I was talking using it more of a lat/pec minor tie in exercise. One for baseball. Actually the pec minor is used most at the bottom, as the muscle is used to expand the ribcage (from what I learned in anatomy) If it really dose much for chest development i dont know and wouldn't do this exercise if I didn't play ball.

Since I was doing chest monday and back friday. It would get hit twice a week.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   

3. ohhhh ok I understand that makes sense.

4. when you squat do you box squat cause i suggest doing box squats every other week and the inbetween weeks go on the leg press and go super wide pointing your toes out high reps in the 20 range and go heavy, i guarentee youll hit that 500lb deadlift within a month easy!

5. Quote Originally Posted by king1033 View Post
    when you squat do you box squat cause i suggest doing box squats every other week and the inbetween weeks go on the leg press and go super wide pointing your toes out high reps in the 20 range and go heavy, i guarentee youll hit that 500lb deadlift within a month easy!
    No and I won't be powerlifting or deadlift until further notice.

Yesterday after I pulled 475, I pulled a something in my knee. idk what. No more deadlifting or catching.

Im still gonna squat though and I am going to replace the deadlift with powercleans on leg/back days.

EDIT: I need to do more box squats though. I enjoyed them and did feel somewhat stronger.
    Thank you for that tip king. I bet if I never hurt myself last year, I could pull 500 by my birthday.
    •   

6. Damn dude sorry to hear about that. I'm sure you'll be up to full strengths in no time.

7. Quote Originally Posted by WeakPoint View Post
    Damn dude sorry to hear about that. I'm sure you'll be up to full strengths in no time.
    Thanks for the support bro. I know I will be fine by Monday. To be honest, I really don't care about not deadlifting. I planned on taking 2 months off during my cut and not go heavy until next November. Im not going to be breaking state records in the 250lb weight class, so nobody besides close family really cares.

I need to focus on being an athlete, not a strongman. Even though I cant catch, I can still play Outfield.
  8. Please check my original post.

Well guys I have been editing so many things about my cut, but I do have my 'plan' all ready to go.

9. so what does your final plan look like>?

10. Quote Originally Posted by j0sh710 View Post
    so what does your final plan look like>?
    look back at the first post of this thread.

11. hey so do you kinda of want to have a contest adn see who has the best transformation?

12. Quote Originally Posted by j0sh710 View Post
    hey so do you kinda of want to have a contest adn see who has the best transformation?
    sounds good too me.

13. well..i went powerlifting guys. i put a brace on my knee and lifted.

Bench
    210lbs x 1
    220 x 0 (foot came off ground?)
    225 x 0

Squat
    300lbs x 1
    315lbs x 1
    335lbs x 2 (no lift. not allowd to do anymore then 1 rep?)

Deadlift
    425lbs x 1
    455lbs x 1 (best deadlift in the 165lb weight class)
    480lbs x 0

-I put up 980lbs total (1,000 if i knew the rules and only did 335 once)

-Won a deadlift trophy

-Ate 4 Fish fillets, 2 chicken wraps, 1 hamburger, and some powerade at mickie d's....

14. Where is the pain in the knee. Inner/outer??
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Where is the pain in the knee. Inner/outer??
    inner.

16. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    inner.
    Sounds like an MCL or medial meniscus sprain. Be careful not exacerbate it, particularly on squats.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

17. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Sounds like an MCL or medial meniscus sprain. Be careful not exacerbate it, particularly on squats.
    I need to research about this now. I want to be safe at all costs.

Im taking the next week off, so I will see how I feel. Then on the 10th I begin cutting and doing high reps lower weight. Or, I might just 'deload'. Im not 10% sure.

EDIT: 1,000 POSTS!!!!

thats sweet. lol

18. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    I need to research about this now. I want to be safe at all costs.

Im taking the next week off, so I will see how I feel. Then on the 10th I begin cutting and doing high reps lower weight.

EDIT: 1,000 POSTS!!!!

thats sweet. lol
    I have had MCL/medial meniscus issues for a few years now (which resulted from squats). It doesn't sound too bad, but just be cautious; nothing sucks more than injury.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I have had MCL/medial meniscus issues for a few years now (which resulted from squats). It doesn't sound too bad, but just be cautious; nothing sucks more than injury.

Nasty stuff. I just need to take it slow if I lift next week (deloading) so nothing is hurt. I doubt anything will hurt from reppping 225lbs on the deadlift.

20. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Nasty stuff. I just need to take it slow if I lift next week (deloading) so nothing is hurt. I doubt anything will hurt from reppping 225lbs on the deadlift.
    The best advice I can give you is to listen to your body.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

21. ** I will not be taking any Leviathan Reloaded until March 10th. When I do start, I will take 2 pills Pre-Wo/Cardio until the bottle runs out (it will last about 5 weeks). So, do not expect any updates.

22. Good thing that I took a week off. I felt fine monday, but tuesday I got a crap load of symptons and I am just now starting to feel better.

Instead of doing a traditional routine like I planned, I am now thinking about "Muscle Confusion". I have been reading about it and it makes sense to me. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

23. Quote Originally Posted by RoidRageX10 View Post
    Good thing that I took a week off. I felt fine monday, but tuesday I got a crap load of symptons and I am just now starting to feel better.

Instead of doing a traditional routine like I planned, I am now thinking about "Muscle Confusion". I have been reading about it and it makes sense to me. Anyone have any thoughts about it?
    any specifics on exactly what you mean by muscle confusion?
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

24. hey i just noticed u said it sounds good, about doing that log to see who gets leaner, 2day i decided i am ending ckd and switching up a diet, because i am going to need some carbs because track starts monday.

25. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    any specifics on exactly what you mean by muscle confusion?
    basically just doing one week of say 4 sets, 10-12 reps, 4 exercises..then doing a 5x5 routine the next week, then doing 4-6 reps, then do some German Volume Traing, next, go back to 10-12 reps with 4 second negatives...stuff like that.

26. bro sorry ive been away, missed this thread,

im in!!

b

27. Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    bro sorry ive been away, missed this thread,

im in!!

b
    Its all good. I dont start da cardio until monday. Your just in time.

28. i hope you get better, man so we can see who can get there physicue quicker, but i am changing my diet still cutting though just gvetting of ckd.

29. Quote Originally Posted by j0sh710 View Post
    i hope you get better, man so we can see who can get there physicue quicker, but i am changing my diet still cutting though just gvetting of ckd.
    With all the cardio I'm gonna be doing from baseball and running on my own time, plus taking Leviathan Reloaded, I'm gonna be one shredded kid. I may actually have to bump up my calories becuase I'm not sure 2,500 is enough to start at.

30. get some cissus and take some fish oil heal up that knee!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. RoidRage Regains his Reputation
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
  2. RoidRage Gets Ripped III
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 10:04 AM
  3. RoidRage gets Revenge II
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Workout Logs