Devil's sponsored Drive/RPM log

devil

Awards
Backround: I am 38 and have been training for around 18 years. I am also a lifetime lacto ovo vegetarian.

Height:5'11"
Weight: 207

Goal: To see if this old guy can gain some descent strength, and maybe a bit of size. Gains are increasingly hard to come by at this stage of the game. I would really like to see if I could make some progress on my flat bench. It is the one exercise that I can push hard on at this stage of the game without fear of injury.

Current lifting stats:

Flat bench 315 for 11 reps
Shoulder press: 105 lbs dumbells for 6 reps
Squat: 385 for 8-10 reps. I could go higher but I fear for my fragile knees.
Rack pulls ( I tend not to do dead's off the floor because of back issues) 385 . I could also go more on these but I am very cautious with my low back. I have had some serious issues in the past.

Current diet:
I eat six times per day. I consume 240 grams of protein per day from whey and eggs. My carb sources are primarily whole wheat bagels and oatmeal. I get fats mostly from flax oil and olive oil. I'm also a big fan of peanuts and cashews. This may sound weird coming from a vegetarian, but I don't eat that many vegtables.

I really never track calories. I just make sure that I consume 240 grams of protein per day. I always eat a bagel or serving of oatmeal with my protein. This NEVER changes. Sometimes I'll add in additional carbs or fats. I take my flax and olive oil at night with my last shake of the day.

Current supplements:

Champion nutrition whey protein
Natures Best Vitamin Pack
Olive oil
flax oil
creatine

Training schedule:

Monday: Chest and Bi's
Tues: quads and hams
Wed: Off
Thurs: delts and tri's
Fri: back

I usually do three sets of three exercised per body part. This does not include warmups (of which I do many), dropsets, rest pause sets etc. I typically work in the 8-10 rep range for compound movements. I go as high a 15 reps or more on isosolation movements.

I plan on taking two caps of RPM in the morning on an empty stomach, and two more about an hour before my workout. I like dividing up my stimulant doses. This way I get a nice boost in the morning. It also makes for a smaller evening dose prior to my training session. This reduces the possibility of me being wigged late into the night.

I plan on taking two doses of drive per day. I will take 3 caps in the morning on an empty stomach. I will take my second dose of three caps about an hour prior to my workout.

I have not read any logs on these products. I also do not plan on reading any logs during the time I run mine. I want to be as objective as possible, and not be looking for certain things to happen.

I took my first doses of RPM and Drive this morning (two caps of RPM and three caps of Drive). I currently feel a nice smooth flow of energy. No jitters or cracked out feeling, just nicely awake and alert. I will post another update following my workout tonight.

devil

Awards
RPM/Drive log first training session:

Shoulders and triceps:

Delts:

Dumbell presses:

warmups: 40's for ten, 55's for 8, 75's 4.

Set#1: 95's for 6

Set#2: 105's for 6

Set#3 100's for 6

Dumbell lateral raises:

Set#1: 40's for 15 (drop set of 15)

Set#2 40's for 12 (drop set of 15's)

Set#3: 40's for 8 (drop set of 15's)

Rear delts on lying on bench:

Set#1: 40's for 8

Set#2: 35's for 12

Set#3: 35's for 10

Dips: one set of 30

Triceps:

Pushdowns:

Set#1 130lbs for 15

Set#2: 130 lbs for 12

Set#3: 130 for 10

Skull crushers:

Set#1: bar plus 45's for 8

Set#2: bar plus 45's and 10's 8

Set#3: bar plus 45's plus 10's for 8

Overhead rope extensions on cable machine:

Set#1: 80 lbs for 15

Set#2: 80 lbs for 12

Set#3 80 lbs for 9

2 sets of dips (20 reps)

It was an ok workout. I had about five hours of sleep so I was not exactly at my best. Good pump but nothing out of the ordinary. However, had I not taken the RPM, the workout probably would not have happened at all. I will check in again tomorrow after back day. Normally I don't train on the weekend, but my schedule got screwed up this week.

devil

Awards
"That's a HUUUUUUUUUGE devil"
Hey I was thinking. My plan was to take six caps of Drive per day. Do you think it might make more sense to go down to four per day. This would allow me to log the product for a longer period of time.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey I was thinking. My plan was to take six caps of Drive per day. Do you think it might make more sense to go down to four per day. This would allow me to log the product for a longer period of time.
Go 6- you are a big dude!!

devil

Awards
Day 3 RPM/Drive log. I trained back yesterday.

curl grip Pulldowns:

Two light warm up sets for ten

Set#1: 150 for 8

Set#2 180 for 8

Set#3; 190 for 8

narrow grip seated rows:

Set#1 190 for 8

Set#2: 200 for 8

Set#3: 200 for 8

Rack pulls:

Set#1: 275 for 8

Set#2: 365 for 8

Set#3: 385 for

Set #4: I felt a twinge in my back after the first rep, so I stopped. Nothing major. I just decided to play it safe

I finished up the session with 3 sets of pullups for 10 reps each.

I felt really good. Especially for a for a morning workout. My strength felt good, and I had a great pump. The RPM really gives a great kick. I have noticed some headaches the last few days. I'm not sure if this is related to the Drive/RPM or not. Anyone else experience this?

devil

Awards
Day #4 RPM/Drive log. Chest and Bi's. A very interesting workout to say the least. The entire day sucked. I got the usual four-five hours of sleep. As a special bonus I woke up with a nasty sore throat. I also had the sweats all day. probably a fever. Anyway I *****ed and moaned all day. i almost left work early.

I decided to force myself to workout. It started out poorly!!. However, about halfway through I picked up some steam and ended up having a great workout. I have a sick pump going right now. I wanted to take a picture but my wife is at the in laws with the camera.

Chest and Bi's:
Chest:
flat bench
warm up sets: 135 for 10, 185 for 8, 245 for 4.
Set #1: 275 for 8
Set #2: 315 for 11 really pushed it .
set #3 315 for 8

Incline bench ( bar)
Set #1: 205 for 10
Set #2 205 for 8
Set# 3 205 for 7

Dips 4 sets of 20

Bi's
One arm standing DB's

Set#1 40's for 12
Set#2 50's for 12
Set#3 50's for 10

single arm preacher curls

set#1 40's for 10
set#2 40's for 9 with drop set 30's for 8
set#3 40's for 8 with drop set of 30's for 8

Hammer curls on cable machine w/ rope
set one: 70 lbs for 10
set#2 80lbs for 10
Set#3 70lbs for 20
Two more sets of dips for 30 reps,and 20 reps.

None of the weights were anything amazing or record breaking. However, I moved much faster than normal. Great workout despite feeling like a total heap. I can't wait to see how things go when I feel better.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
hey devil i experienced headaches the first couple of days on drive (about 4 days) and hasnt come back since then...but yours could also be attributed to the caffeine in the RPM....best of luck

devil

Awards
hey devil i experienced headaches the first couple of days on drive (about 4 days) and hasnt come back since then...but yours could also be attributed to the caffeine in the RPM....best of luck
The headaches have not been an issue the last couple of days. Either they were not related to the Drive/RPM, or it was just my body adjusting to the supplements.

devil

Awards
I will not be training today (leg day). This cold is just kicking my butt. I will make it up tomorrow if I feel better. If not I will just skip leg day this week, and report back on Thursday (shoulders and triceps).

devil

Awards
RPM/Drive log day #7. I'm finally getting over my cold and got in an ok night of sleep for a change.

Delts:

Dumbell presses:

warmups: 40's for ten, 55's for 8., 75's 4.

Set#1: 95's for 8

Set#2: 95's for 8

Set#3 95's for 8

Rear delts lying on bench with a slight incline:

Set#1: 40's for 10 + drop set of 10's for 10

Set#2: 30's for 12 + drop set of 10's for 10

Set#3: 30's for 10 +drop set of 10's for 10

Dumbell lateral raises:

Set#1: 30's for 12 + drop set of 10's for ten

Set#2 30's for 10 + drop set of 10's for ten

Set#3: 30's for 8 + drop set of 10's for ten

Two sets of dips (one for 30 reps and one for 20 reps)

Triceps:

Skull crushers:

Set#1: 45's on curl bar for 8

Set#2: 45's+10's for 8

Set#3: 45's + two tens for eight

Pushdowns w/rope:

Set#1 90lbs for 15

Set#2: 90 lbs for 10

Set#3: 90 for 8

Set#1: 80 lbs for 12

Set#2: 80 lbs for 10

Set#3 80 lbs for 10

Two sets dips (20 reps each set)

I'm still not completely over my cold, so I was not at 100 percent. Still, I felt very strong and had great endurance today. This allowed for a fast paced workout. Nice pump. No more issues with headaches. This makes me think they were not even related to the RPM or Drive. They probably occured because i was coming down with a cold

devil

Awards
A brief update. Following yesterday's workout my pump never seems to have completely gone away. I feel very full.

devil

Awards
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!
Hey what are your thoughts on taking a stimulant product (other than RPM) in the morning, and the RPM in the evening. Right now I'm taking 2 RPM in the morning to get me going, and two more in the evening.

Ideally i would like to take all four in the evening. However, if I don't take some kind of stimulant in the morning I'm completely useless. Do you think combining other stimulant products with RPM will cause me problems?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should be ok so long as its not in the same time period. I have taken them that way as well.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Easy E is correct. Feel free to do so. Feel free to use RPM in the AM, to avoid purchase of more products. Whichever makes you a happy devil!

devil

Awards
Easy E is correct. Feel free to do so. Feel free to use RPM in the AM, to avoid purchase of more products. Whichever makes you a happy devil!
I currently take 2 RPM in the Morning and two at night before I train. I would really like to take 4 at night. Are you suggesting that it's ok to take two in the AM and 4 more at night?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats ok as well, just you'll go thru product faster :) You might want to try 3 at nite first, particularly if you can mange it being at least 1+ hr after you have last eaten, and at least 45 minutes to an hour pre-workout. the empty stomach makes a BIG difference in how RPM feels.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the worst I took at once is 5 rpms first thing in morning with reset ad , went an hr + 1/2 without eating or reaching the gym, and had mixed a caffeine containing pre-workout drink to take while I was there with bcaas in it (was a cardio day).

I didn't enjoy that :D but 3 and a large cup of coffee even was ok

devil

Awards
RPM/Drive log day#9. I trained back yesterday.

Pulldowns to the front:

Set#1: 150 for 10

Set#2 150 for 8

Set#3; 150 for 8

wide grip seated rows:

Set#1 160 for 10

Set#2: 170 for 8

Set#3: 170 for 8

Bent rows:

Set#1: 205 for 15

Set#2: 205 for 12

Set#3: 205 for 10

Shrugs:

Set #1: 265 for 15

Set #2: 265 for 12

Set#3: 265 for 8

I finished up the session with 3 sets of pullups for 10 reps each.

I focused a bit more on a fast pased/high rep workout. My back was just feeling a bit fragile. I had a great workout. Excellent energy, focus and endurance. I had a great pump that seemed to last for hours. I still feel nice and full today. I'm very curious to see on my workout goes on Monday after taking RPM/Drive for over a week (chest and bi's). I'll check back in then unless I have any interesting observations before then.

devil

Awards
One more random observation. On off days, like today, I take the RPM in a single dose of four in the morning as opposed to training days when I take two smaller doses. When I take the larger single dose it just crushes my appetite.

devil

Awards
RPM/Drive log day # 11. Chest and bi's

Chest and Bi's:

Chest:

flat bench
warm up sets: 135 for 10, 185 for 8, 245 for 4.
Set #1: 275 for 8
Set #2: 325 for 8 really pushed it .
set #3 315 for 7 + drop set of 225 for 10

Incline bench ( bar)
Set #1: 225 for 10
Set #2 205 for 8
Set# 3 205 for 7

Two sets of dips (20 reps each)

Flys:
Set #1: 50's for 15
Set #2: 50's 12
Set #30's for 10

Bi's
One arm preacher curls:

Set#1 40's for 12
Set#2 40's for 10
Set#3 40's for 8

standing single arm curls

set#1 50's for 10
set#2 50's for 9
set#3 50's for 8

Hammer curls on cable machine w/ rope
set one: 70 lbs for 10
set#2 70lbs for 10
Set#3 70lbs for 20
Two more sets of dips for 30 reps,and 20 reps.

The workout started out slow and gradually improved as I went along. I ended up with a sick pump. It's weird because it just kind of crept up on me. Kind of like when you are out at the bar pounding drinks and complaining you still feel sober. Then in the span of five minutes you are falling down drunk.

Anyway, great over all training session. Nothing spectacular in terms of weight moved. But fast paced and productive. I measured my arms when i was done. They were 19 inches even. Not to bad considering I'm weighing 215 max.

devil

Awards
RPM/Drive log day # 12. Leg day.

Squats

warm up sets: empty bar for 20, 135 for 10, 205 for 8.

Set 1: 275 for 8

Set 2: 325 for 8

Set 3: 325 for

Romanian dead lifts:

Four sets of 135 (8 reps per set)

A limited workout. However, I have not trained my legs for a couple of weeks due to a sore back and a cold. I'm always careful after some time off from training legs. Great energy, my pump was more limited tonight because of the limited nature of my workout.

Random question. Are these products ok for women to use?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are safe for women to use, but, obviously, at a lowered dose.

devil

Awards
Update: I woke up this morning feeling VERY FULL. I decided to measure my arms to see what was going on . My arms measured a full half inch over what they normally measure when they are cold. That's fairly significant.

devil

Awards
They are safe for women to use, but, obviously, at a lowered dose.
Lower dose because women typically weigh less, or because higher doses can produce problems for women regardless of weight?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Update: I woke up this morning feeling VERY FULL. I decided to measure my arms to see what was going on . My arms measured a full half inch over what they normally measure when they are cold. That's fairly significant.
That's crazy significant.

Geez, I need to quit eating so much meat!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Lower dose because women typically weigh less, or because higher doses can produce problems for women regardless of weight?
Weight, as well as body chemistry.
I won't pretend to know the full science behind it.... but I will say I'll get you a good answer and make sure you get your question answered well enough to allay any fears. I can say the owners wives and my wife, as well as the wives friends use both products.

Both products should work well for women, and work safely. I know the rate limiting enzymes play a significant role in these products being safe, where some people would think they would not be.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

i've been eating 16 eggs a day for almost 2 weeks now. its amazing how little else you can eat with 16 eggs ;)

devil

Awards

I noticed good results fairly fast. However, the really significant results came at around the two week mark .

devil

Awards
RPM/Drive log day 14:

Shoulders and triceps:

Delts:

Dumbell presses:

warmups: 40's for ten, 55's for 8, 75's 4.

Set#1: 95's for 8

Set#2: 100's for 8

Set#3 95's for 8

Dumbell lateral raises:

Set#1: 30s for 15

Set#2 30's for 15

Set#3: 30's for 12

Rear delts on lying on bench:

Set#1: 30's for 15

Set#2: 30's for 15

Set#3: 30's for 15

Dips: two sets of set of 20

Triceps:

Pushdowns:

Set#1 100lbs for 20

Set#2: 100 lbs for 15

Set#3: 130 for 15

single arm push downs w/ rope

Set#1: 50 lbs for 8

Set#2: 50 lbs for 8

Set#3: 50for 8

Set#1: 80 lbs for 15

Set#2: 80 lbs for 15

Set#3 80 lbs for 12

2 sets of dips (20 reps)

Great workout. My endurance was tremendous so I moved really fast. My left elbow has been bugging me so I only went heavy on my dumbell presses. Other than that not much to report.

On "who really cares note" I was extremely entertained tonight by my one year old daughter running around the garage with my five lbs containers of protein while I worked out.

devil

Awards
they are funny when they are little
My dughter is funny and strong. She love to climb on things. The other day she slipped off of the table and my wife found her hanging on to the edge of the table with one hand.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just a few weeks more and i'll find out what the new one will be :) 2 girls so far

devil

Awards
just a few weeks more and i'll find out what the new one will be :) 2 girls so far
Congratulations!! I also have a boy that's just a bit over two and a half. Our next one arrives in February. it's going to get interesting.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ours is due in april. I have an 11 year old girl, and a 3 year old girl as well. the 11 yo uses some of my empty protein + bulk powder containers to hold arts + crafts stuff :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just interesting question, are you raising your kids as vegetarian as well?

devil

Awards
Just interesting question, are you raising your kids as vegetarian as well?
It's funny you would ask. My wife actually grew up on a dairy farm and is not a vegetarian. We have decided to raise the kids eating meat. If they decide they want to be vegetarian as they get older I will support that. If they choose to continue to eat meat that's ok as well.

devil

Awards
Weight, as well as body chemistry.
I won't pretend to know the full science behind it.... but I will say I'll get you a good answer and make sure you get your question answered well enough to allay any fears. I can say the owners wives and my wife, as well as the wives friends use both products.

Both products should work well for women, and work safely. I know the rate limiting enzymes play a significant role in these products being safe, where some people would think they would not be.
Sounds good. Hey I just sent you a PM.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its definitely hard to make sure that children get all the amino acids they need to support their growth as "true" vegetarians. as ovo-lacto vegetarians it is easier.

Were you raised as one or did that come later in life?

devil

Awards
Its definitely hard to make sure that children get all the amino acids they need to support their growth as "true" vegetarians. as ovo-lacto vegetarians it is easier.

Were you raised as one or did that come later in life?
I was raised a vegetarian. Both of my parents are artists with organic tendencies. I'm not sure what happened to me. I have zero artistic talent, I'm just good at lifting big heavy things.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its amazing without cows being involved somehow really. Artistic talent is handy sometimes, but not all that useful at paying bills. Lifting heavy things can be :)

devil

Awards
Drive /RpM log day #15. Back day.

wide grip seated rows:

Set#1:150 for 15

Set#2:160 for 15

Set#3: 160 for 15

Pulldowns to the front:

Set#1: 150 for 12

Set#2 150 for 10

Set#3; 140 for 8

bent rows lying on incline bench :

Six sets of 135

Shrugs w/ dumbells

Set# 1: 95's for 15

Set# 2: 115's for 12

Set# 3: 115's for 10

Set #4: 115's for 9

I finished the workout with a 25 rep set of pulldowns

Incredible energy, focus and endurance. An insane pump as well. I felt like I could have easily put in another hour of training. I had my wife take a few back photos. I think they are ok. I will try and post tthem later tonight or some time tomorrow.

devil

Awards
Drive /RpM log day #15. Back day.

wide grip seated rows:

Set#1:150 for 15

Set#2:160 for 15

Set#3: 160 for 15

Pulldowns to the front:

Set#1: 150 for 12

Set#2 150 for 10

Set#3; 140 for 8

bent rows lying on incline bench :

Six sets of 135

Shrugs w/ dumbells

Set# 1: 95's for 15

Set# 2: 115's for 12

Set# 3: 115's for 10

Set #4: 115's for 9

I finished the workout with a 25 rep set of pulldowns

Incredible energy, focus and endurance. An insane pump as well. I felt like I could have easily put in another hour of training. I had my wife take a few back photos. I think they are ok. I will try and post tthem later tonight or some time tomorrow.
Well I wanted to post the photos. However our new camera produces files that are too big to download here. Anyone have suggestions??

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'm so glad to see a fellow lacto-ovo vegetarian on here that looks so amazing. You give me hope Devil. I've been a lacto-ovo all my life also (all 21 years) Do you have any advise on good protein sources besides the usuals (aka eggs/soy and such) that are L.O.V.-friendly. Should I consider shakes? I'm new to all this so any advise would be greatly appreciated!

devil

Awards
I'm so glad to see a fellow lacto-ovo vegetarian on here that looks so amazing. You give me hope Devil. I've been a lacto-ovo all my life also (all 21 years) Do you have any advise on good protein sources besides the usuals (aka eggs/soy and such) that are L.O.V.-friendly. Should I consider shakes? I'm new to all this so any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!! Whey protein is your friend. Whey protein shakes will help you big time. I haver been much a soy user.