A Powerlifter's Transformation?!? PAL Leviathan/Incarnate Contest Log!

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Will have to add banners later after I have more posts....

Palo Alto Labs: Body Transformation Contest

Here was my application that, if you believe it, have shortened a little: (Will be starting with Pictures & stats on Sunday)

Sex: Male

Height: 5'10''
Current Weight: 200lbs
Body Type (endo/ecto/mesmo): Ecto

Bodybuilding goals short-term (90 days): Compete in my first meet at the NASA Iowa Regional Championships in the full unequipped power lifting sub-masters pure division at 198lbs. October 27, 2007.

My previous max attempts were 415/275/405 and would like to at least hit 425sq/290bench/415dl next week when I test out my main lifts again.

At the meet I would like my 1st attempt to be 405sq/270bench/385dl which seems very doable and don’t think I’d have a problem doing that today.

Second attempt will depend on how much I lift next week but as planned will be 435sq/300bench/425dl. The third and final attempt I'll know more on depending how my training goes for the next few months.

Bodybuilding goals long-term (90days+):

My mid-long term goal this year: I figured I’ll have the most gains I’ll ever have in my first year of training. I put forward a goal that I have to hit at least one PR every week that is not an off or deload week. It also has to be a PR in a main lift or a supplemental lift not an accessory lift. So far I’ve succeeded and surpassed that by having hit multiple PR’s every week since I started that was not a deload or off week. I’m pretty damn proud of that. Only have three more months left in my first year.

I may extend this goal into my second year of training. After that I was planning on a goal of hitting at least one PR in every meet or max attempt main lift at the end of a training cycle that I do. Keep that as a goal for several years.

To hit an elite total by NASA standards (1ply amateur) with in 6-9 years, basically before I hit 40. If I do this in the 220 class, which I’ll probably be in, that total will be 1675. I’m thinking I’ll need at least a 600+ squat, as close to a 400lbs bench as I can get, and 600+ deadlift. I foresee my biggest and toughest challenge will be the bench. I’m also planning on doing this unequipped.

Current Training Schedule(detailed please):

I train with a methodology based on westside.
Typical Setup:

Monday: DE Bench with main lift then supplemental and accessory work.
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL with main lift then supplemental and accessory work.
Wednesday: Off - GPP work is done.
Thursday: ME Bench with main lift then supplemental and accessory work.
Friday: DE SQ/DL with main lift then supplemental and accessory work.
Saturday: Off - GPP work is done.
Sunday: Off - GPP work is done.

Cardio Schedule:
I do GPP work on my non-gym training days which would be Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. During these GPP sessions I'll do various things like go up and down stairs hold weight, lifting up heavy objects onto shoulders or over head, jumping up on things, dragging or pushing things, and other various work as an active recovery method.

Average Diet and macros:
I've cleaned up my diet considerably since hitting 200lbs.

Calories: Around 4500
Fat: Around 100g
Protein: Around 350g
Carbs: Around 500g

Here's my typical supplement usage:

Wake up 5:30am: 3 scoops (133g) Real Gains, 2g creatine, 2cups Milk (703cals, 5g fat, 101g carbs and 63g protein)

Workout 6am: water

PWO after shower: 2 scoops (88.6g) Real Gains, 1 scoop whey, 5tbls Dextrose, 2g creatine, as much water as I can fit in the shaker (641cals, 5g fat, 101g carbs(50/50), and 53g protein).

Get to work 45min later: eat, drink water
eat, drink water as much as I can all day and night

Go to Bed: Casein Mix, 2g creatine, Multi-Vit., 6caps Omega-3 from Fish, with 1 cup Milk

Daily water intake: 1-2 gallons

Thermogenic / Weight Loss products you have taken in the past 60 days:
Amount Dosed per day
: none

Products Containing Beta Alanine that you have taken in the past 60 days
Amount of Beta Alanine per day
None, I did a test with IntraXCell/SteelEdge about three months ago and have been off both products. I am planning on taking a Beta Alanine product again.

Cissus products you have taken in the past 60 days:
Dose per day:
never

Supplements You Currently Take:
I am currently taking Protein powders, casein and whey, along with creatine. I am finishing up my batch of waxy maize starch but will be going back to my regime that I described above using dextrose post workout. Also include omega-3 and a multi-vitamin.

What would you be taking DURING your Log?
Would be taking the Incarnate/Leviathan along with the Real Gains, creatine, dextrose, omega-3, and multi-vitamin. Unless otherwise suggested. Would be willing to change timing and supplements to take best advantage of the PAL products.

Why you should be chosen:
I am extremely motivated to do the best that I can in my training and in my life. I believe both go hand in hand and have learned many lessons in my training that has helped me in life and many lessons in life that has helped my training. I do not just workout but go into my training with a purpose and a goal.

I have set many short, mid, and long term goals that I will see through. I believe that the products that Palo Alto Labs offer can help assist me along the path to reach those goals. I like the idea that these products could help with my recovery times, strength gains, and lean muscle gains without adding the fat. As I'm already near my 198lbs class. I need to keep getting stronger and gaining more muscle while also maintaining the same weight.

If chosen I will not let anyone down, especially myself. I will post a daily review journal along with my normal training journal that will show the progress that I am making.

Neither of the following will necessarily null your application:
Prescription Medications (with or without a prescrscription) / Recreational drugs:?:
None

Injuries, Medical complications (past and present)? None and hope to stay none.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Here are my prevoius lifts updated with last weeks max attempts. Last week I planned out a moc meet day. I deloaded the week before and took the week of off. On Friday morning I performed the squat in three attempts, afternoon the bench, and evening the deadlift. Made for a very long and exhausting day. All the better to prepare me for my first meet.

Unequipped - Belt and Wraps only

November 2006 started training for Powerlifting... no starting stats. Just say I was weaker then a 5th grader.

January 2007:
Squat 355
Bench 255
DL 325

March 2007:
Squat 405
Bench 270
DL 385

May 2007:
Squat: 415
Bench 275
DL 405

August 2007
Squat 445
Bench 280
DL 425

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Last Training Cycle before my first Meet

Week 1 (ease back into it)
Monday: DE Bench: Bench 60%, Lying DB Tri. Ext, DB Front/side/rear laterals
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL: GM, GHR, Reverse Hypers, Ab Pulldowns
Thursday: ME Bench: Standing OHP, One Arm DB Press, Lat Pulldowns, Tri. Pushdowns
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box Squat 50%, DB Lounges, GHR[, Hanging Leg Raises

Week 2: (Let the growth and pain begin)
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL: Box Squats, GM Squat, Hypers, Ab Pulldowns
Thursday: ME Bench: 3 board press, DB Flat bench, Lat Pulldowns, Tri. Pushdowns
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box squats 55%, BB Lounges, GHR, Hanging Leg raises

Week 3 (Start the RE cluster training for bench)
Monday: RE Bench: Bench 4sets 80%/85%/87%/90% 2-3m rest between & 5 reps/set w/ 5-10s rest between reps, JM Press, Seated Cable Rows, Face Pulls, Lying DB Tri. Ext
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL: Box Squats, Power Clean, Hypers, Ab Pulldowns
Thursday: ME Bench: 3 board press, incline DB bench, Yates Rows, Bradford Presses, Tri. Pushdowns
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box squats 55%, Above knee Rack pulls and holds, GHR, Hanging Leg raises

Week 4 (Going oly)
Monday: RE Bench: Bench 4sets 80%/85%/87%/90% 2-3m rest between & 5 reps/set w/ 5-10s rest between reps, JM Press, Seated Cable Rows, Face Pulls, Lying DB Tri. Ext
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL: Below Knee Rack pulls, Power Clean, Hypers, Ab Pulldowns
Thursday: ME Bench: 2 Board Press w/ pause, incline DB Bench, Yates Rows, Bradford Presses, Tri. Pushdowns
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box Squat 60%, Above knee Rack pulls and holds, GHR, Hanging Leg raises

Week 5 (beating my body into submission)
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL: Below Knee Rack pulls, Power Clean, Hypers, Ab Pulldowns
Thursday: ME Bench: 2 Board Press w/pause, incline DB Bench, Yates Rows, Bradford Presses, Tri. Pushdowns
Friday: DE SQ/DL: DL 60%, Above knee Rack pulls and holds, GHR, Hanging Leg raises

Week 6 (ease back a bit)
Thursday: ME Bench: Standing OHP, One Arm DB Press, Lat Pulldowns, Tri. Pushdowns
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box Squat 50%, DB Lounges, GHR, Hanging Leg Raises

Week 7 (Full throttle again)
Monday: RE Bench 4 sets 80%/82%/84%/86% 1-2m rest between & 5-10reps/set with 5s rest between reps., DB Flat Bench, Pull ups, Tate Press
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL: Low Box Squat, Demil Deads, Pull-Throughs, Hypers, Standing Ab Pulldowns
Thursday: ME Bench: 1 Board Press w/ pause, Pendlay Rows, Seated DB Clean and Press, Tri. Rope Push Downs
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box Squat 50%, Sumo SLDL, GHR, Hanging Let Raises

Week 8 (Home stretch)
Monday: RE Bench 4 sets 80%/82%/84%/86% 1-2m rest between & 5-10reps/set with 5s rest between reps., DB Flat Bench, Pull ups, Tate Press
Tuesday: ME SQ/DL: Low Box Squat, Demil Deads, Pull-Throughs, Hypers, Standing Ab PullDowns
Thursday: ME Bench: 1 Board Press w/pause, Pendlay Rows, Seated DB Clean and Press, Tri. Rope Push Downs
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box Squat 50%, Sumo SLDL, GHR, Hanging Leg Raises

Week 9 (Deload)
Week 10 (Rest/active recovery)
October 27th Meet.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week1 one of training is done with. Had a pretty bad cold going into this week. Here are some things to note.

Week 1 (ease back into it)
Friday: DE SQ/DL: Box Squat 50%, DB Lounges, GHR, Hanging Leg Raises

Hit a Arch Back GM PR of 320 lbs for a triple.
Hit a Standing BB OHP PR of 140lbs for a single.
Rest of the week was just taking it easy. Next week and going forward will be all out war.

My normal training log and this one is now fairly synched up. Will be starting the Leviathan/Incarnate combo this coming Monday and will get pictures up on Sunday to start the contest.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Here I am! I am not a bodybuilder nor will I ever want to be. I'm to lazy to even attempt to diet down like they do. My goal here is to get bigger and stronger while keeping that fat down some what. I don't see myself eliminating it. But I may just come out of this with a few lines of definition?

Here's the paper...

Me holding the paper...

Here's you're one shot of ever seeing me come close to a pose....

My leg...

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 2/ Day 1

Muscle soreness 0 - 5 (0 none .... 5 feels like it just ripped off my bones)
3 (hams and glutes still sore from last friday's DB lounges)

Joint pain 0 - 5 (0 none ... 5 I need some plastic joints installed)
2 (knees fine but right shoulder still hurts in the mornings)

B/W:197.1

Time to complete workout:
30m

DE Bench
Bench 66%
1xseveral@bar
1xmany@135
1x5@185

8x2@185 (3 different grips)

Damn these felt good, fast and smooth. That's the most weight I've done with some decent speed. Wish I brought in my camera because I feel like I've finally found a setup to get a good tight arch with some leg drive. At least I felt like I got my stomach higher but I definitely got more leg drive in. I've been trying to get my feet closer but today I spread them far out.

Assistance

Front/Side/Rear Combo Raises w/ plate pinch
4x8@25 (2 10's and 1 5)

Shoulder rotation stuff for the cuffs
4x15@15

Lying DB Tri. Ext.
4x10@40

Comments
Finished up the dining room for the most part. Drywalling done, Ceiling and walls are all painted, new light fixture, crown molding is painted and mounted. Just have to do some small paint and nail touch ups here and there. Relaxed in the pool and did some swimming. That really helps these old muscles recuperate.
Today is my first day of taking the Incarnate/Leviathan stack from Palo Alto Labs (PAL). Got sponsored for the next two months leading up to my first meet which is awesome. The next two months I want to get as thick and as strong as I can and blow away my previous PR's on meet day. I'm hoping the two together will help with quicker recuperation times, reduce muscle soreness, reduce joint (knee/shoulder) pains, and help build some muscle mass while keeping the fat down to a minimum as I'll be bumping my calorie intake back up to 5000+.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Jason good luck my friend, welcome here, and if you need anything leme know.

Great detail, looking forward to seeing your results.

john

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Thanks, I'll try and be as detailed as possible. If there are any questions about what I'm doing let me know.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Today's Gorging of Food!

Cals Fat Carb Prot
Real Gains from Universal ( 133 gram ) 523 5 75 45
Milk, calcium fortified, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat ( 2 cup ) 180 0 26 18
Real Gains from Universal ( 88.6 gram ) 349 3 50 30
Elite Whey, Banana from Dymatize ( 1 serving ) 112 2 3 23
Dextrose by NOW ( 5 tablespoon ) 180 0 48 0
Elite Whey, Banana from Dymatize ( 2 serving ) 224 3 5 46
Rice, fried, with shrimp ( 2 cup ) 640 23 83 23
Ground beef, lean, cooked ( 8 oz, cooked ) 604 41 0 55
Mustard ( 2 teaspoon ) 7 0 1 0
Tomato catsup ( 2 tablespoon ) 31 0 8 0
Oats, raw ( 2 cup ) 622 10 109 26
Yogurt, fruit variety, nonfat milk, sweetened with low-calorie sweetener ( 4 6 oz container ) 344 1 55 30
Turkey Subway 6" Honey Oat with Cheese ( 2 serving ) 760 17 108 48
Chicken Divine ( 1 serving ) 285 10 8 31
Micellar Casein, Pure - TrueProtein ( 1 serving ) 110 1 0 25
Milk, calcium fortified, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat ( 1 cup ) 90 0 13 9
Now EcoGreen Multi Vitamin ( 1 serving ) 0 0 0 0
Omega-3 Fish Oil by NOW ( 3 serving ) 54 6 0 0
Total 5115 123 591 409

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
One thing I forgot to put down. Here's my dosing of the stack.

Dosing

Incarnate:
Take three caps of the Incarnate Pre- and Post workout along with my normal pre/post workout shake on training days. Non-training days three morning and three in the evening.

Leviathan:
My pre workout shake has a lot of maltodextrin in it and my post will be a lot of malto/dextrose I wont be taking it then. Plan on taking it probably 45-60m after that and 60-90m before my morning snack/meal. Then again in the afternoon. 45m after lunch and a good 60-90m before afternoon snack/meal.

Starting off with 1 cap each serving and working up to 2caps each serving daily.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 2/ Day 2

1 (hams and glutes still sore from last Friday's DB lounges)

1 (Third week of rotator cuff work and it's starting to feel better)

B/W:196.7

45m

ME SQ/DL
Box Squat
1xseveral@bar
1x5@95, 135
1x3@165, 185, 225, 275, 285, 315, 365, 385, 405
(Belt Up)
1x2@415 PR!
1x1@435
1xmiss@455

435x1 - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=21242711eac455b186e5
455xmiss - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=2126320804

Felt like puking just standing there in front of the 435 and walking it out. I kept thinking don't puke over and over again. I feel like I really should have went for a triple at 415 right after I racked it I was pissed that I didn't go for it.

Supplemental
GM Squat
4x8@225

http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=dffe99ac46aa6285ba69

I normally absolutely love the GM Squat but not for reps and not right after doing an ME Box squat, HOLY SH*T!! Got a little upchuck action in the third set about half way through but I chugged it back down and kept going. IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU BRIAN!! B)

Assistance
Hypers
3x10 with a blue band

Couldn't do a fourth set. Entire posterior chain was done.

Standing ab pulldowns
4x12@70

Video from a previous session. Someone wanted the link for it again - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=886712600

Comments
Felt pretty tight in my hams/glutes last night so I mowed part of the lawn with weights just to loosen up a little. Just did the front yard and will leave the rest of the yard for tonight or tomorrow to loosen up again after this workout. Scared I was going to go to bed really late last night because I got my winning team drafted for fantasy football but it got done by 9:30pm and was able to be in bed by 10pm. On the late side for me but not to bad. I was really ready to go heavy and hard today as it seems like it's been a long time since I've really pushed it.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Today's Gorging of Food!

Cals Fat Carb Prot
Rice, fried, with shrimp ( 2 cup ) 640 23 83 23
Yogurt, fruit variety, nonfat milk, sweetened with low-calorie sweetener ( 4 cup ) 488 2 78 42
Mixed nuts, NFS ( 0.5 cup ) 438 40 15 12
Chicken, boneless, NS as to part, roasted, light or dark meat, skin not eaten ( 12 oz, boneless, cooked, skinless ) 633 25 0 96
Olive oil ( 1 tablespoon ) 119 14 0 0
Rice, brown, long-grain, cooked ( 1 cup ) 216 2 45 5
Total 5103 135 593 383

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 2/ Day 3

0 before workout 3 right now (Chest & Tri's)

3 Shoulder acting up again in morning

B/W:197.6

46m

ME Bench
3 Board Press
1xseveral@bar
1x5@95, 115, 135
1x3@165, 185, 205, 225, 255, 275
1x2,miss@295 PR!!!
1xmiss@315
1x1@305 PR!!

295x2,miss PR - IronScene - Powerlifting & Strength Videos
315xmiss - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewke...64edf2f3e1675fc
305x1 PR - IronScene - Powerlifting & Strength Videos

THAT FELT GREAT!!! I wanted to know what I could do with three plates and decided to load it up. Got almost an inch up and completely stalled. I wasn't about to stop there though. I still felt a PR coming on. So, went back down to hit 305 for a single.

Supplemental
DB Flat bench press
1x8@80, 90
1x4@100

First time I've ever used a 100lbs on the DB flat bench. My chest and Tri's are completely depleted from this and will be letting me know how pissed off they are at me for the next few days I'm sure.

Assistance
Lat Pulldowns (Last week of this P****Y crap)
1x15@180
1x8@220
1x6@260

V-bar Tri. Pushdowns
3x8@90
1x4@90 BURN BABY BURN!!!!! I can barely push anything right now.

Comments
DAMN IT I'M PSYCHED!!!! I can't wait for the next three weeks and try out the RE Cluster cycle. I was scared I wouldn't have enough energy going into this morning but of course just thinking that this morning I got mad at myself and told myself I have no excuses not to give it everything I have today and stop the BS!! I've been so down on myself about the bench and mentally blocking myself from improving like I should. Screw that!!! I'm going to hit a 400lbs bench. I WILL get over 300lbs this next year.

As for the energy thing I was up WAY to late last night. I did some weighted mowing push/pulls yesterday after work to loosen up. Felt great. Then went in to take a shower down in the basement bathroom and there is this old light fixture in there that has a pull string. Well, the pull string broke so that prompted a rewire job and installation of a light switch. Wouldn't have been so bad and could easily have had it done in under 2 hours. BUT the previous owners had done some really bad boched up wireing job previously. I'm talking scary stuff like using Duct Tape for electrical tape and exposed wires. So, I stripped out the entire line from the breaker to the bathroom and redid that circuit. Didn't get to bed until somewhere between 12 and 1am. Sweating l ike a pig with a headlight on with arms and shoulders burning from working over my head. Good ol' 1890's home.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Great log man...love the powerlifting tint to it...

GL brudda!!

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Great log man...love the powerlifting tint to it...

GL brudda!!
Thanks a lot. I've got my first meet coming up and it's all out war on my body right now. My training is based on a traditional WestSide methodology.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Today's Gorging of Food!

Cals Fat Carb Prot
Yogurt, fruit variety, nonfat milk, sweetened with low-calorie sweetener ( 4 6 oz container ) 344 1 55 30
Pizza with meat, thick crust ( 3 piece (1/8 of 12" dia) ) 730 30 85 28
Whole Wheat 100% Bread Dutch Country ( 2 regular slice ) 180 2 34 8
Cod, baked or broiled ( 8 oz, boneless, cooked ) 278 8 1 47
Olive oil ( 1 tablespoon ) 119 14 0 0
Rice, brown, long-grain, cooked ( 1 cup ) 216 2 45 5
Mixed nuts, NFS ( 0.25 cup ) 219 20 8 6
Total 5416 124 707 377

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dang, I have a problem going over 2500 cals a day ;)

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Thanks John.

EasyEJL: It's not easy at all man. I'm always full and by the end of the day I can really feel the preasure in my stomach and sometimes it feels like I've just got done doing a huge set of ab work even though I'll just be lying there.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 2/ Day 4

4-Chest 2-Triceps 1-Lower back from arching I think and 1-just overall body aching

2-Shoulder/neck 1-Wrists 1-overall body aching

B/W:199 NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! SHW here I come!!

44m

DE SQ/DL
Box Squat
1xseveral@bar
1x10@135
1x5@185
10x2@245 55%

Supplemental
DB Rear Lounges

4x8@120
These worked great last week to make me sore for many days so I'll do them again. It's like doing freaking cardio, I hate lounges. Makes me feel like puking.

Assistance
Ghetto GHR
4x10 w/ 2 red bands nice and slow

Hanging Leg Raises
4x15

Comments

So tired this morning. I could go back to sleep. Ready to turn off the lights and lock the office door. I will be sleeping in as long as I can tomorrow and get caught back up with some sleep. My maintanence calories has deffinitely gone up from where it used to be. I used to be able to maintain at 4000 and grow at 4500. This last two months at 4000 I was losing weight and went from the 205 down to 196. 5000+ seems to be my number now to grow. Can't wait for tomorrow night. That is going to be a blast. Bench Bash for Cash on the Mississippi!!!!

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Today's Gorging of Food!

Cals Fat Carb Prot
Game meat, deer, cooked, roasted ( 8 oz ) 358 7 0 68
Mixed nuts, NFS ( 0.25 cup ) 219 20 8 6
Chicken, boneless, NS as to part, roasted, light or dark meat, skin not eaten ( 12 oz, boneless, cooked, skinless ) 633 25 0 96
Cheese, natural, Cheddar or American type ( 2 slice (1 oz) ) 228 19 1 14
Sweetpotato, baked, peel eaten, fat not added in cooking ( 1 medium (2" dia x 5" long, raw) ) 180 0 42 3
Ice cream, rich, NS as to flavor ( 2 large scoop ) 477 32 44 7
Total 5678 151 617 469

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 3/ Day 1

0 - going into today 3- right now Chest/Tri

2-Shoulder

B/W:198

49m

RE Clustered Bench 5 reps 2s Pause on on Bottom and 5s Rest between reps.
80%
1x5@225

84%
1x5@235
OWWWW!!! 4th & 5th rep were a killer

87%
1x2,miss@240
1x4@225

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Couldn't finish the set at 240. Went back down and finished off at 225.

90%
skipped

Supplemental
JM Press
1xseveral@bar
1x10@65
3x8@95

Assistance
Seated Cable Rows
1x12@180
3x8@240

Face Pulls
4x10@90

Lying Tri. Ext.
4x10@40

Comments
The clustered RE was very tough and feel like it is going to help a lot I think. Now to see if I can recover in time for the ME day on Thursday. Busy weekend!! I need a day off. Well the highlight was Saturday night. The Bench Bash for Cash was great. I totally lost my voice from yelling the entire time. I'll write something more up about it later. Let's see what else I all did this week end. Put up some tile in the bathroom, and ran new electrical up to what will be the babies room so I could put in a light switch for the light (was a pull string) then two outlets on opposing walls. Then got the walls painted up there after the electrical was done. Also took the time to go out on the town for a dinner a movie, Stardust was the movie and it was surprisingly good. To tired to really write up more. Time for bed for this old man.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 3/ Day 2

3- Chest/Tri
4- lower back and gluts after workout

2-Shoulder

B/W:197.8

42m

ME SQ/DL
Box Squat
1xmany@bar
1x5@95, 135, 165, 185
1x3@225, 255, 285, 315, 345, 365, 385
Belt up (My lower back is fried)
1x3@405, 415 PR!!
1x1@435
1xmiss@455

Lower back is really tight today. I didn't even attempt to come back up with 455.

Supplemental
Power Cleans (or at least a pathetic attempt at them.)
8x1@bar
10x1@115

Wish I had the camera because I need some help with these big time. Couldn't find it this morning. I'll have to do a better look when I get home tonight. Also, reminder to self that I NEED to wear my DL socks on any kind of pulling. I'm a shin puller and I got myself a nice gash up my shin on the third set in at 115.

Assistance
Hypers
3x12 w/ blue band

Standing Ab pulldowns
4x12@70

Seated Leg Ext.
1x30@150

Comments
I've been hit by a bus. Going to hit the hot tub tonight then ice. Some swimming tomorrow and nothing else.

dpatterson

Awards
Hey Bro... Just saw your log and wanted to say Sub'd...

Looking good... I am with Easy... 5000+ Cals a day.. Im 245 and like to eat but wow...

Keep it up. Going like you are I cannot wait to see some 4 wk pics!

DP

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
rest up brutha
Will be doing that tonight and tomorrow. My back is still very tight and can feel it with every step I take. After the hottub I'll have to stretch it out a lot then get some ice on it. Will be ready to go by Friday. The BA should be starting to kick in for me this week.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Hey Bro... Just saw your log and wanted to say Sub'd...

Looking good... I am with Easy... 5000+ Cals a day.. Im 245 and like to eat but wow...

Keep it up. Going like you are I cannot wait to see some 4 wk pics!

DP

Thanks for looking in. My metabolism is fighting me every step of the way right now. I will keep fighting back though.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Today's Gorging of Food!

Cals Fat Carb Prot
Chicken, wing, with or without bone, battered, fried, prepared with skin, skin/coating eaten ( 30 "drummette" (mini drumstick from a wing) ) 1846 124 62 113
Almonds, chocolate covered ( 0.25 cup ) 238 19 13 7
Yogurt, fruit variety, nonfat milk, sweetened with low-calorie sweetener ( 2 6 oz container ) 172 1 27 15
Kung pao chicken ( 1 cup ) 432 31 11 29
Rice, fried, meatless ( 1 cup ) 271 12 34 5
Total 5438 217 508 366

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 3/ Day 3

Before Workout
1-hams/gluts/hips
2-lower back

After workout added
2-chest
3- Triceps

2-Shoulder

B/W:199.6

49m

ME Bench
3 Board
1xseveral@bar
1x5@95, 115, 135, 165, 185
1x3@225, 255, 275, 295 PR!!!
1x2@305 PR PR!!!
1x1@315 PR PR PR!!!!!!
1xmiss@325

305x2 PR - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1864950625
315x1 PR - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewke...e4e676c18a42cf4
Both of those felt really strong. Noticed I moved my foot around a little on the 315. I need to stay very tight through out the lift.

325xmiss - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewke...372d444afd3a8d9
Came down with it to far forward.

THAT'S RIGHT BIOTCHES!!!! I'm back with an attitude now with the Bench. No more feeling sorry for myself on the bench!! I've got to stop with the mental crap and just put some f#cking weight on the bar!!!! I kept visualizing today's training all last night and into dream world. I was ready for this morning. Got some great tips from someone yesterday. I need to stop stalling after I unrack the bar on all my lifts. I should be ready before I even get under the bar. I took in a big deep breath just before unracking and held it in all the way to the end. Even on the triples which felt like my head was going to explode. Also another great tip was to lift my big toe up. This really forced me to drive my heals into the ground

Supplemental
DB Incline Bench
3x8@80

I've been doing these DB presses going really deep so the DB scraps my chests. These have been burning the hell out of my chest and I hope this helps my low end like a cambered bar would.

Assistance
Yates Rows
1x20@135
3x10@225

Hope I did these right but from the way it sounds it is hard to do them wrong. I felt it all around my lats up to my traps.
http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewke...ad4487696fe175e

Bradford Press
1x15@30
1x12@60
2x10@70

Wendler Evolutions
1xfailure@35

Felt like my arms are going to fall off.

Comments
Lower back is slowing coming back to life from being stiff as a corps. Did a lot of icing Tuesday night and swimming around last night helped a lot. I should be hitting 200lbs by the weekend which is good. End of next week I hope to be back to where I was at around 205. Think I'm fighting off something right now too. Everyone around me has been sicker then a dog. One person from work is out with pneumonia, two have had sinus infections, and one has been coughing for a week now. I started coughing a little last night and this morning my sinuses were all stuffed up but I was able to blow all the crap out. I got pissed that I might be coming down with something again. Which was good, that I got pissed that is, it seems to always help me have a good workout.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 3/ Day 4

2-Chest 1-Triceps .5-Lower back/hips/gluts/hams .5-overall body

2-Shoulder

B/W:200.6

40m

DE SQ/DL
Box Squat
1xseveral@bar
1x10@135
1x3@225
8x2@245 55%

Supplemental
Above Knee Rack Pulls
1x5@315 wtih 5s hold after last rep
1x3@405 5s hold PR!!
2x1@495 PR!!
1x3@405 5s Hold

Assistance
Ghetto GHR
3x15 w/ 2 red bands nice and slow

Hanging Leg Raises
3x15

Comments
I'm definitely coming down with something. Took some NyQuil last night and was passed out by 9:30p. Got up this morning and was just going to go back to bed and not workout. Except that I hit the alarm off button instead of the snooze button and was like well I might as well go to the bathroom. Don't know what my reasoning was behind that but I was out of it. As I just sat there I started to wake up a little more and decided I'll just go in and do a quick light workout. Get my DE Squat in and some hanging leg raises and I'll be done with it. Well, after I got the box squat done with I decided well I just done a set or two of some light Rack pulls. 315 felt really light so I decided to go up to 405. Hmm... that felt good.... 495!!! Screw you Brian and your 5-10lbs increment crap!!! I couldn't hold it though up on top as I felt like my shoulders were being ripped out but I got it up a couple times before I remembered I was feeling like crap and shouldn't be doing this. Oh well.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 4/ Day 1

0 - going into today 2- right now Chest/Tri

1-Shoulder

B/W:198.6

44m

RE Clustered Bench 5 reps 2s Pause on Bottom and 5s Rest between reps.

Started off lighter this week to try and make it to 4 sets.
73%
1x5@205

80%
1x5@225
Struggle by the 5th Rep.

84%
1x5@235

Didn't think I'd get in the last two reps there.

88%
1x3@245
Struggle on the third rep but didn't want to miss so stopped there and went back down in weight to finish off.

1x2@225

Supplemental
JM Press
1xseveral@65
4x8@95

Assistance
Seated Cable Rows
1x12@180
1x8@240
2x6@260

Face Pulls
4x10@90

Lying Tri. Ext.
4x10@35

Comments
STILL FEEL LIKE CRAP... At least I don't have a cough anymore. It's all up in my sinuses. I've had some awesome sleep at night though with that NyQuil but don't think I'll take it tonight. Three days in a row is enough. I've had some wicked dreams. Two of the nights I was training over at the compound at EFS with Matt K., Dave, and Jim. Got through an ME Bench day and a ME Squat day. Did some Board presses and some box squats. INTENSE training was going on. This might have something to do with having watched all of EliteFTS's youtube videos twice now. Then one night I was getting ready for my meet and I was going to be late and I was rushing around trying to grab everything I needed. That one wasn't so much fun.

Got some stuff done around the house. Completely gutted a room that is off the kitchen that was really poorly done. The floor had a major slant to it and I got that leveled off. I'll work on running some new electrical and putting in some insulation this week. Got a nice deep gash in my head too. I stood up and jammed my head right into the corner of a window ledge.

Erik2003

Erik2003

Awards
Subscribed.

I just printed this log out. Good luck with your progress.

As a fellow Powerlifter I am rooting for you. I will start competing in 2008 and I am joining the IPA (and maybe the WNPL) as they have alot of competitions near me.

Also, we are very similar in build and lifts, so I am really hoping to see some results with your supplements and training so as to learn from your log.

Good luck...

Last edited:

dpatterson

Awards
Some nice logs there... Keep it up and get to feeling better...

DP

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
I just printed this log out. Good luck with your progress.

As a fellow Powerlifter I am rooting for you. I will start competing in 2008 and I am joining the IPA (and maybe the WNPL) as they have alot of competitions near me.

Also, we are very similar in build and lifts, so I am really hoping to see some results with your supplements and training so as to learn from your log.

Good luck...
Wow, thanks. Good luck in 2008. This log will run all the way up to my first meet. If you have any questions on what I'm doing just ask. I try and say why I'm doing what I'm doing but sometimes it gets lost in translation.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 4/ Day 2

0- Chest/Tri Nice time for the BA to start working
1- lower back (I was trying to arch more and more yesterday)

1-Shoulder

B/W:199

46m

ME SQ/DL
DL warmup (Did them as explosively as I could)
1xseveral@bar
1x3@95, 115, 135, 165, 185, 205, 225

Below Knee Rack Pulls (Right here is my weakest link for sure)
1x1@225, 255, 275, 295, 315, 345, 365, 385, 405
(Belt up)
1x1@415, 425 PR, 435 PR PR!!
2xmiss@465 (Just couldn't lock it out right)

Above Knee Rack Pulls
1x1@435, 455, 475
2xmiss@495 (first time grip has given out on me but my hands were so freaking sweaty and no chalk, started slipping on both just before a complete lockout)

Assistance
Hypers
4x12 w/ blue band

Standing Ab pulldowns
3x15@70

Buckets
1x2@puke

Comments
I gave everything I had today. Between the sinus preasure and the gash and swollen head my head was on fire and felt like passing out after every DL, even the warmups.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
having a rough go at er eh Jason, thats too bad, best of luck kid

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Comments
I gave everything I had today. Between the sinus preasure and the gash and swollen head my head was on fire and felt like passing out after every DL, even the warmups.
not fun, keep it up tho! its all about intensity :)

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 4/ Day 3

Before Workout
1-entire back

1-Shoulder

B/W:201.1

47m

ME Bench
2 Board
1xseveral@bar
1x5@95, 115, 135, 165, 185
1x3@225, 255
1xugly@300
1x2,miss@275 PR!

255x3 - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1824040447
300xugly - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewke...71867fdc363b999
275x2,miss PR - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewke...8cfd9eff9709650

How about that BRIAN!! Is 255 to 300 a good enough jump for you? Damn, I want to call that a PR but just can't since I raised my butt of the bench. I grinded that sucker up though which I'm happy about. Next week I'll keep my butt down and get that sucker up. I forgot to raise my big toe and definitely didn't feel like I had as good of leg drive. Double Damn, I almost had 275 for a triple which would have been really awesome too but I started going up but the bar wanted to go down. 275x1 was my last PR on the 2 board.

Supplemental
DB Incline Bench
3x6@90

Assistance
Yates Rows
1x20@135
3x10@225

Bradford Press
1x15@50
1x10@60
2x8@80

Wendler Evolutions
1xfailure@35

These are so funky feeling by the time you get to the pressing movement.

Comments
Feeling much better today but man was I coughing up some nice thick loogies this morning. I'd say I'm back up to 98-99%.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
glad your back to feeling like yourself again J...awesome

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 4/ Day 4

1-back

1-Shoulder

B/W:201.9

44m

DE SQ/DL
High Pulls
1xseveral@bar
1x3@95
10x3@135

Box Squat
1x3@135
8x2@225

Decided to say screw the power cleans. I'm not going to waste time in training to perfect a technique that wont directly help my DL when the High Pull part of the power clean is all I need to do for what I hope will help with explosiveness of the floor and driving power past the knees. Also, moved them over to the speed day as that's what they are for. Did the High Rack pulls as a supplmental on the ME day.

Assistance
Ghetto GHR
1x10 w/ 1 blue band
3x15 w/ 2 red bands held still to my chest so no help on starting up with the arms. Getting a little stronger with these

Hanging Leg Raises
3x20

Comments
Stayed up way to late last night and didn't want to get up this morning. But man those high pulls were calling my name and felt great.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 5/ Day 1

1 - All over aching
2- Back
4 - Left Thigh

1-All over aching
3 - Hands

B/W:200.8 (Up a steady 5 pounds now. I can see touching on 205 by the end of the week)

35m

RE Clustered Bench 5 reps 2s Pause on Bottom and 5s Rest between reps.

73%
1x5@205

80%
1x5@225
Much easier this week.

84%
1x5@235
Last couple reps still pretty tough.

88%
1x1@245
Damn, only got a single this week. I probably could have gotten the second rep but I'm not trying to test my strength here. Back down I went.

1x4@225

Supplemental
JM Press
1xseveral@45
5x8@95

Assistance

Face Pulls
4x10@90

Comments
OWW! Everything felt super heavy today. Body aches all over and I've got a strained left upper thigh. Bar hurt like hell in my hands just gripping it. Decided to keep it easy today and hope I'm somewhat recovered by tomorrow. Think I strained the thigh doing a bunch of duck walking under the crawl space running a bunch of electrical for the room off the kitchen and putting up a bunch of insulation under the flooring down there. I also got all the walls and ceiling fully insulated. Put up dry wall for the entire ceiling and parts of the walls. Pretty much stayed busy working on that room all weekend. Tonight I've been volunteered to move a bunch of furniture and a big TV and entertainment center for a friend so they can put down new carpet. Not looking forward to that either.

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Week 5/ Day 2

1 - entire back
2 - Left Thigh

2 - Shoulder
2 - Hands Just hurts to close them

B/W:201.2

47m

ME SQ/DL
DL warmup (Did them as explosively as I could)
1xseveral@bar
1x3@95, 115, 135, 165, 185, 205, 225

Below Knee Rack Pulls (Right here is my weakest link for sure)
1x1@225, 255, 275, 295, 315, 345, 365, 385, 405
(Belt up)
1x1@415, 435, 455 PR!!
1xmiss@475 (Very close to a lock out!)

Above Knee Rack Pulls
1x1@455, 475, (Put Wrist wraps on) 500 PR

455x1 - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1956233566
475xmiss - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1192213616
500x1 - http://ironscene.com/view_video.php?viewkey=1837782553

Assistance
Standing Ab pulldowns
3x15@70

Comments
Beet up. Never has deadlifting feel so much like torture. Got everything moved out of my friends Two bedrooms, hall way, kitchen, and living room. And I get to go back and help move it all back tonight, YAY!