Awards

Banner by the one and onlyAtownKing187

[size=+2]About Me[/size]
Name: John
Sex: Male
Height: 5'10
Weight: 210 lbs

Background:
I started lifting weights and running in the summer of 1996, after being inspired by the Olympics in Atlanta. I am currently a Canadian Soldier posted here in Edmonton Alberta,Canada.

What I expect out of AEN's IntraXCell:
While taking IntraXCell over the duration of this log, I hope to receive increased strength and size. I also hope to gain energy and get better endurance throughout my training.

Current Training:
I have got a new workout program it has been made up from magazines, this site, books and personal experience. It is a 4/5 day split. Designed for 3 on 1 off. I will be posting each workout with weight and reps as the log goes on.

Current Supplements:
Dymatize - Mint Chocolate Protein/Chocolate and EAS Chocolate
Jaimeson - Vitamin C
Bio-X - Multi Vitamin
Swiss - Glucosamine
IntraXCell
Steel Edge

Diet:
I don't have set meals for each day. I do try to count my calories. I do my best to eat fairly clean. My main sources of food will come from Oats, Peanut Butter, Whole Wheat Breads and Pastas, Eggs, Milk, Chicken, Tuna, Steak, Fruit/Veggies, and Protein Shakes.

Water intake will be two litres or more per day hopefully closer to 4+.

IntraXcell Dosages:
On Training days: Take half a serving(3 capsules) 15-20 minutes prior to exercise and take the other 3 capsules post workout.

On Non-training days: Continue to take one serving daily with food

Before I begin, I would like to send a big Thank You! To the guys at Athletic Edge Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to test IntraXCell and for throwing in some samples of Steel Edge. I will provide you with my day-to-day results from testing and my honest opinion and review throughout the duration of this log.

This log will offically begin when my shipment arrives

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
09 July 2007

Weighing in at 210.8
The Workout: Shoulders
The Warm-Up: 7 minutes on the eleptical lvl 6
The Cool Down: 6 minutes on the treadmill incline @ 9
The time 13:46-roughly 14:58

Shoulders
  • Seated Shoulder Press 40x12 60x8 60x8 [size=+2]65x8 a new PR[/size]
  • Hammer Strength Iso Shoulder Press 150x10 200x8 200x10
  • Hammer Strength Shoulder Shrug 180x10 180x9 270x8 180x12
  • Sapper Raises!!! See Below! 25x6 25x6 25x6
  • Sit Ups 25, 25, 25

Overview:

Again this is just here for comparison purposes. I have yet to recieve my INTRAXCELL. Although I did set a new PR. With 65lbs in the seated shoulder press.

SAPPER Raises- It is front raise and side raise combined. Grab a DB of equal weight in each hand. With the DB by your side raise them both to your front palms facing down until they are paralell with the ground pause, then lower. Imeediately then raise the right arm out to your side until it is parallel and pause then lower. Next raise your left arm out to your side until it is parallel and pause then lower.
That counts as 1 rep!
Repeat as many times as needed!

Sappers Current Workout Playlist
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1jn-31bDEY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
11 July 2007

Weighing in at 212.5 lbs
Time of Workout 15:04-16:04
Warm Up Boxing

The Workout: Chest

Pecs
  • Flat Bench Press 135x10 185x8 245x8 NEW PR FOR REPS 225x8 185x8
  • DB Incline Press 70x8 85x8 85x8
  • Pec Dec 220x10 220x8 220x8 220x8
    ----------------SS-----SS-----SS
  • Incline Pushups 20 .... 20 .... 15
  • Incline Flye 40x10 45x8 45x8
Overview:

I am still awaiting my IntraXCell :mad: ... :D

Sappers Current Workout Playlist
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMg3aknCCM"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to hearing your experiences now that you have finally received your IXL.:duel:

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
absolutely
I will be updating everywhere at the same time!!!

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
This is just a quick update I will have a better one tonight after I workout!

I took IXC yesterday
3caps morning and thought I was going to take the day off then a friend of mine called and said he wanted to start going to they gym again so i took him to my gym and got him a 1 week pass and ended working out arms. I also took 3 caps after my workout with my post workout shake.

So far I have not noticed any tingles but my
first serving was with breakfast which was oatmeal along with protein shake
Second serving was with postworkout shake protein,milk,ice,oats

So my guess is that the oats really limit the "tingles" I am going to take a serving today before I go to the gym without food and see how if affects me

Today before I workout I will be using IXC and steel edge together for the first time Im very excited!!

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
I will be posting full workouts/exercises/routines/weights used

after every workout M/W/F

plus I will talk about any noticeable sides/benefits!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is what I did in the Army before doing the police thing. There's nothing quite like blowing **** up!

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards

[size=+3]WORKOUT 3 MODIFIED[/size]

Weighing in at Only Monday weigh ins
Time of Workout .....
Warm Up 10 minutes on the Eliptical

The Workout: 3+/3

Thursday
  • BB Curls 60x10 85x10 90x10 90x10
  • DB Curl Seated 35x10 40x10 40x10
  • Machine Preacher Curl(Hammer Strength) 70x10 70x10 75x10
  • Seated Tri Ext. 40x10 85x10 90x10 90x10
  • Skullcrusher 75x10 85x10 90x10
  • Rope pushdown 90x10 90x10 Drop set 90x10 70x8 50x7 30x6

Fridays WO
  • Seated DB Press 40x10 60x10 65x10 65x9
  • Standing Lat DB Raise 20x10 20x10 20x10
  • Hammer Strength ISo Lateral shoulder press150x10 210x10 210x10
  • Seated Rear DB Raise 25x10 20x10 20x10
  • DB Hammer curls across chest 35x10 35x10 Drop set 35x10 25x10 20x10
Overview:

I have included 2 workouts. Thursdays and Fridays!
My routine now consists of M/W/F workouts but I was with a friend and ended up going thursday so I modified Fridays.

Well I said I would be honest maybe even brutally honest when I did this log/ review of IXC and SE.

So after 3 days of IXC, I cannot notice anything yet, I am under the impression it takes about 2 weeks to notice.
As well I have not noticed any tingles from using IXC I used it with meals and wothout, Im cool with this though!

I have used one sample of Steel Edge, Here is a quick rating

Taste- I rate it 7. I have only used one sample but I do not like taste. I am going to try using more water next time. I used 14oz last time the reccomended amount is 12-16oz. One thing I can say is that I do not like the taste of WF and this is much better than WF!

Mixability - I give this a 8.5 most of it mixed up right away. Just with the contact of the water. I noticed some small little bits would not mix but I just drank it down.

Effect!!!! - 10/10.. I know this is the highest rating it can get but well it worked. I had a awesome workout great focus great endurance and was just feeling good in the gym.

I will be adding mini reviews like this each time I use Steel Edge. So everyone including myself can tell how the effects of SE are helping me out.
On friday beofore I went to the gym, I had a busy day missed meals nutrition wasnt great but after the Steel Edge I felt great in the gym.

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
Well things have been going good for me.
As i have stated earlier the routine i am on now is a 3 day split.

I have 3 workouts and each week after I repeat the workout. While adding more weights hopefully

I will be unable to get to a computer Monday Night and all of tuesday, but will be able to on Wensday.

This will not change my routine and will not affect this log. I only take Steel Edge on workouy days (obvious) and I will continue to use my IXC daily!

I will have todays workout on here later.

I hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend!

Below is my split!

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
Workout 1: Bench Press, Db incline Press, Dips (if you can do 10 add weight), Cable crossover, Pull-ups (more than 10 add weight), Underhand BB rows (at 45 degree angle), Db rows, DB pullovers

Workout 2: Squats, Deadlifts, Smith machine front squats, Lying hamstring curl, Standing calve raises(both claves), Standing calve raises(1 leg at a time), Cable crunches, Hanging leg raises, Russian twist

Workout 3: Military Press (or Db shoulder press), Lateral Db raise, Db rear lateral raises, Close grip bench press, Skull crushers, Reverse grip Tricep pulldowns, EZ curl, Db hammer curl, EZ reverse curl

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards

[size=+3]WORKOUT 1 Week 2[/size]

Weighing in at 213.2 lbs
Time of Workout 08:30-09:53
Warm Up 8 minutes on the Eliptical

The Workout: 1

• Flat Bench Press 135x10 185x5 225x5 235x5 230x5 235x5
  • DB Incline Press 70x5 80x5 90x5 90x5
  • Dips 10,8,8
  • High Cable Cross Overs 80x5 90x5 100x5 100x5
  • Pull Ups 5 8 10
  • Bent Over DB Row 80x5 105x5 105x5 105x5
  • DB Pullover 65x5 70x5 75x5 75x5
Overview:

I think that my workout went ok, It was about 3-6 hours earlier than when I usually workout so I think that was why my strength was a little low on my Bench Press. My strength was not really down but just not as high as I would have hoped.

I love these types of workouts because I can lift more weight without having to worry about going for 8-10 reps.

IntraXCell Update...

During the first 3 days of IXC I did not really notice any effects, Since than however I have been noticing some slight tingling mainly in my face and ears.. BTW I got big ears.. Anyway it is alright and does not affect daily routine or workouts.

STEEL EDGE - Well it absolutely works I have used it twice and i have had better energy and endurance through out both workouts.
The taste- Again I am not a really a fan of the taste.

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff Sapper, keep it up, we appreciate the updates! :thumbsup:

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
25 July 2007

[size=+3]WORKOUT 2 Week 2[/size]

Weighing in at Mondays Only
Time of Workout 18:00-20:00
Warm Up 6 minutes on the Treadmill

The Workout: 2

• Squats 135x10 185x5 225x5 245x5 245x5 245x5
  • Deadlifts 185x8 225x5 265x5 275x5 275x5
  • 2 Legged Leg Press 180x10 360x5 450x5 540x5 540x5
  • Seated Leg Curls 150x8 180x5 195x5 200x5 200x5
  • Seated Calf Raise 2 legs 90x8 110x7 110x10 110x8
  • Seated Calf Raise 1 leg 50x6 40x8 40x8
  • ABS Crunch's 25, 25, 25, Flutter kicks 50, 50
Overview:

AWESOME, I had many new PR's some were me doing sets of weight heavier then my 1 rep max ever was!!!

Including 2 Legged Leg Press I never went to 12 plates before but I did and I got 2 sets of 5 reps, plus with DL my PR is 355 but I have never done sets anywhere near as high 275lbs but I did again for 2 sets of 5 reps.
Seated Leg Curls I was doing around 165lbs now I did 200lbs for 5 reps.

I have never felt or got such a huge sudden increase in weights ever!!

IntraXCell Update...

I am getting some minor tingling with IXC mainly in my face and ears especially if taken without food.

STEEL EDGE - It has probably taken the spotlight from this log or at least for now. I am getting the best workouts ever and highest weight ever so although it is not all just the supplements but it has some part in it for sure

The taste- Again I am not a really a fan of the taste. I say mix it cold and chug it down

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
Another workout coming today!

Anyone noticing trouble with BBdot com I have been having trouble the past 2 days with their forum

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards

[size=+3]Week 2 WORKOUT 3[/size]

Weighing in at Only Monday weigh ins
Time of Workout 1.5 hours
Warm Up 6 minutes on the bike

The Workout: 3

Friday
  • Military Press (Smith Machine) weight not counting bar 90x8 140x5 140x5 150x5 140x5
  • Lateral DB Raise 25x6 25x5 25x5 25x5
  • CGBP 135x8 185x5 200x5 200x5
  • Reverse Grip Pulldown I cant remember, for some reason it isnt written down
  • Skullcrusher 80x10 100x5 100x5 NEW PR 105x5
  • EZ BAR Curls 80x8 100x5 100x5 New PR 105x5
  • DB Hammer Curls 40x6 45x5 45x5 45x5
  • EZ Bar reverse Curls 50x8 70x6 NEW PR 90x5 80x5
Overview:

Well the workout speaks for itself, NEW PR all over the place.
Perhap the IXC has started to kick in already, the combination of IXC and SE plus my awesome routine thanks to Trainer X has results in awesome strength gains which will turn into some solid muscle!!

I will order some SE later this week. I only use it on WO days.
As far as IXC if it keeps up like this I will totally be getting 2 more bottles for a 3 month supply

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
30 July 2007

[size=+3]WORKOUT 1 Week 3[/size]

Weighing in at 211.2 lbs
Time of Workout 21:12-22:43
Warm Up ****

• Flat Bench Press 135x10 225x5 235x3 245x3 260x3 NEW PR 265x3 Even newer PR
  • DB Incline Press 80x5 90x4 NEW PR!! 105x3 AGAIN WTF! 105x4
  • Dips 12, 10,8
  • High Cable Cross Overs 80x6 100x5 100x4 100x3 NEW PR!! 110x3
  • Pull Ups 9 8 8
  • Bent Over 1 arm DB Row 80x5 105x5 WTF Are you serious another PR 110x3 110x4 110x3
  • Seated Row 180x5 195x4 NEW PR 195x5 NEW PR 225x3 225x3
Overview:

Ok that was my best workout I have ever had. In the 5 exercise I did with added weight I set new PR's!!! Sometimes I even set a new PR and then beat it and set a Higher one!!!!!

One negative thing was on my last set on High Cable Crossovers, Something happened in my right shoulder possible rotator cuff.. It felt like I had bones rubbing on my last set. I stopped of course after feeling that and today it is a little sore. The muscle is fine, just some ranges of movement are affected.
I do not think it is too serious, today is a off day and tomorrow is LEGS so I will be resting it until Friday. If it feels good on Fridays then I will carry on with my workouts, if not I will give it a day or two extra rest. Wish my luck!
Any suggestions? i already take Glucosamine, Mulit and Vitamin C and I just recently got some Super Cissus Rx from USPlabs So I think I will start taking it now as well.

I would like to thank Beejjisisissss for being a sabretooth! I saw his log and he was Alt DB curling 80lbs, So when I was incline DB pressing I was like WTF he can curl as much as I can press F-that! So I went 80lbs to 90lbs.. then I was like Im going to 100lbs so he wont catch up.. they were missing by I was already in the hunt.. and the poor 105lbs werent looking so I say Oh Hellz Yeah and made them my B!tch!!!

IntraXCell Update...

I am still noticing some tingles, They are stronger if I take IXC without food but nothing to overbearing. Although I believe it is supposed to take 2-3 weeks to kick in It may be showing some results all ready.

STEEL EDGE - Well it still works and i have had better energy and endurance through out every workout I have used it. I have heard about some people taking half before and half during their workout but I take 75% about 20 minutes before and the rest at the gym right before I start.

The taste- Again I am not a really a fan of the taste, but it works!

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
Alright another update on my shoulder

The swelling has gone down by about 50% but it is still swollen and quite swore.

I did manage to still get a leg workout in though. :bb2: I just had to modify my usual routine.

For those of you that have read this far...
I had planned on finishing up my current routine Friday and was Going to start a newer routine on Monday or Tuesday.

If my shoulder continues to give me the problems it has been I am going to cancel my friday Workout and use that rest time to help prepare for The new routine "SIZE PHASE"!!!
I will keep taking my supplements, because I still have a couple of weeks worth of IXC to log! As well as 1 or 2 samples of SE :( running low.. need my order to come in

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
1 Aug 2007

[size=+3]WORKOUT 3 Week 2[/size]

Weighing in at Mondays Only
Time of Workout ****
Warm Up 12 minutes on the Treadmill

The Workout: 2

• Squats I was unable to perform these do to my shoulder
  • Deadlifts I was unable to perform these do to my shoulder
  • 2 Legged Leg Press 180x10 360x6 450x5 540x5 NEW PR 590x3
  • Seated Leg Curls 150x8 180x5 195x5 200x5 200x5
  • Seated Calf Raise 2 legs 90x8 110x7 125x5 125x4
  • Seated Calf Raise 1 leg 50x6 40x8 50x8
  • Seated Leg Ext.. 150x6 185x5 190x5 190x5 200x3
Overview:

OK

My shoulder is still messed up, but it did not really affect my leg day except for a few exercises switched around.

I plan on doing another leg workout in a few days to really shock them and to give me shoulder a little longer to rest...

IXC Update-
It has definately kicked in for me, I am finding that my rest time is going down even though some of the lifts are with heavier weights. Plus my strength in continuing to grow which is great. The "tingles" still happen but as mentioned before it can be lessened greatly by having some food especially some carbs and protein with it!

Steel Edge-
I am saving my next sample for the second leg day!

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

Overview:

OK

My shoulder is still messed up, but it did not really affect my leg day except for a few exercises switched around.

I plan on doing another leg workout in a few days to really shock them and to give me shoulder a little longer to rest...

IXC Update-
It has definately kicked in for me, I am finding that my rest time is going down even though some of the lifts are with heavier weights. Plus my strength in continuing to grow which is great. The "tingles" still happen but as mentioned before it can be lessened greatly by having some food especially some carbs and protein with it!

Steel Edge-
I am saving my next sample for the second leg day!

Doesnt it feel great to be able to lift more weight and rest less between sets?! :woohoo:

Good luck on leg day :D

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
Doesnt it feel great to be able to lift more weight and rest less between sets?! :woohoo:

Good luck on leg day :D
oh yeah you got that right!

IXC and SE are a amazing combo. I can't wait for the next AEN product to come out... I wonder if it will be able to be stacked along with these two

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
oh yeah you got that right!

IXC and SE are a amazing combo. I can't wait for the next AEN product to come out... I wonder if it will be able to be stacked along with these two
:afro:

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
3 August 2007

Alright a shoulder and ...Cardio..<--Whats that..:D

Well my shoulder swelling has gone down bigtime. It is still a little sore but it is a lot better. Monday I will continue with my workouts. I think my shoulder will be good by then...I will just warm up a little longer than usual but expect it to be ok..hopefully.

[size=+3]
Cardio WTF?[/size]​

Yes its true I actually do cardio...
I had planned on going outside for a 20-30 minute bike ride, but thunder storms and lightning had me thinking otherwise.

Luckily I have a stationary bike at home.
I went for 20 minutes and got 8.5km so it was good for me. I felt like I had a little more endurance as well, probably due to IXC.

Well I saw a movie tonight I saw the Simpsons movie,

If you are a big fan of the simpson go see it
If you sorta like the simpsons wait until it is on DVD
If you do not really like the simpsons wait until its on T.V.

It wasn't really anything special at all. There were some funny parts but not worth it. I still havent seen Transformers even though I really want to!

I went to the movies with my niece I only get to see her for like 2-5 days a year so I let her pick the movie she enjoyed it.

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
04 August 2007

Well i did more CARDIO today..lol... I know amazing isnt it!!

I went swimming for about 90 minutes not laps or anything sorta like liesure swimming but for me it is more like stay alive swimming... Im not a very strong swimmer but I give it heck when Im trying!

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
06 August 2007

[size=+3]Size WO1[/size]

Weighing in at 211, down slightly probably due to increase in cardio
Time of Workout .....
Warm Up 8 minutes on the Eliptical

Monday Morning
  • Bench Press 135x10 185x10 225x8 225x10
  • DB Incline Press 80x10 80x10 80x8
  • Dips 12, 10, 10
  • E-Z Curls 80x10 80x10 80x12
  • DB Hammer Curls 40x10 40x10

Overview:

Well todays workout was less weight, less exercises and less time. It was my first upper body workout since Last Monday when I injured my shoulder. I feel that my shoulder is doing well. I should be back on track with all my workouts. Tomorrow is LEGS!

IXC update- I wont comment on it because this workout was a little modified, but I still get some of the tingles!

SE update- I am waiting for my full tub to come that I ordered :( I did not take any today and I have 1 sample left I will save that for LEGS!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
Well todays workout was less weight, less exercises and less time. It was my first upper body workout since Last Monday when I injured my shoulder. I feel that my shoulder is doing well. I should be back on track with all my workouts. Tomorrow is LEGS!

IXC update- I wont comment on it because this workout was a little modified, but I still get some of the tingles!

SE update- I am waiting for my full tub to come that I ordered :( I did not take any today and I have 1 sample left I will save that for LEGS!

[/color][/b]

[/center]

Very nice Sapper, keep the updates coming! :bruce2:

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
Very nice Sapper, keep the updates coming! :bruce2:
No problem, I know that my review on the IXC was short but I dint want to say too much because it was just a quick workout to test my shoulder.
The real test will be tomorrow
Squats and Deads in the same workout :jaw: I will push IXC and SE to the MAX!!

Athletic Edge N

Athletic Edge N

NEW product-IntrAbolic!!
Awards
  • Established
No problem, I know that my review on the IXC was short but I dint want to say too much because it was just a quick workout to test my shoulder.
The real test will be tomorrow
Squats and Deads in the same workout :jaw: I will push IXC and SE to the MAX!!
That's what we like to hear:head: