Millenium Sports Technologies Stim Free Ragnarok Log (including RPM stim free beta)!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I finally started this thing up, so here we go with the details.

Sex:Male
Weight: 184 lbs.
Height: 5'10"
BF%: Estimated 10-12% (a guess, but I have measured lower than that before , so I am shooting high just in case)
Goals:Functional Conditioning and Strength

The primary focus of this log is to document the benefits to my training from using MST Ragnarok, caffeine free, warrior melon flavor. I took my first dose yesterday (a rest day, but it was a "test" dose). I used 10 oz. water and mixed it with one scoop in an ABB shaker cup (no fins, but it is big). First thoughts upon ingestion: Mmmmmm! This stuff tastes real good, no lies. It also mixes extremely well, though I will use more water in the future to try to get the little floaties that I did have remaining (not many).

It should be noted that I also take these supplements:
-RPM stim-free beta (courtesy of rms80, thanks bro!)
-ABB protein RTDs
-3 different greens supplements
-Psyllium Husk
-Acai Berry
-Caffeine (on occasion)

Nothing else is being stacked right now to keep this log accurate for MST. I appreciate the free stuff and am trying to return the favor with accurate info. I will also comment briefly on the RPM from time to time, but we all know what this stuff does, and stim free only seems better, let me tell you! My doubts about that product and its caffeine content are resolved.

Here comes the tricky part. I am turning over a brand new leaf in my training. I am combining bodyweight training days with compound heavy lifting days. It is an experiment, but one that I think will yield some good results. I will post my exact workouts later, but the split looks like this:

Day 1: Bodyweight Training
Day 2: Weight Training
Day 3: Rest
(repeat)

Simple, and its frequency will make sense when you see the workouts. The program is based off of recent info from Brooks Kubik and Pavel Tsatsouline that I have come across. I am looking for functionality and not useless sarcoplasm or mitochondria. Again, size is NOT the goal here.

Will post more after my first workout tonight. Any comments are welcome.

NOTE: This is intended to be a 40 day log, as that is the amount of product I received to take the stuff once daily (Ragnarok, I mean).

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
GL bro.

I am looking for a non-stim pre-wo supp too, so I will be following along.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed. I like the idea of heavy compounds and BW exercises in the same session. I usually train in that manner, also.

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
ill double that on the flavour, tried the sample pack, and damn the melon flavour was amazing.
so amazing in fact i ordered a full bottle of the razberry flavour.if they can do melon this good, id bet the rasberry will be astonishing :)

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'm catching up today. I did not get around to posting again last night after my workout for various insignificant reasons (READ: vagina). There will be TWO posts today to catch up. Without further ado, here was what I did for my first bodyweight workout based on some of the dinosaur bodyweight training system recommendations:

+6.18.07+
(1:30 rest between all sets and supersets)

Push ups (with handles for greater range of motion)- 20, 20, 10, 12, 10, 12, 12, 11=107 NEXT W/O goal: 120
NOTE: I can do more than 20 push ups per set, but I was trying to pace myself. The results will be better next workout, I believe.

SUPERSETTED WITH:

Pull ups-10, 7, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5= 48 NEXT W/O goal: 55

Back Extensions-15, 10, 7, 6, 4=42 NEXT W/O goal: 50

SUPERSETTED WITH:

Knee bends (aka freehand squats)- 30, 20, 20, 20, 20= 110
NEXT W/O goal: 130
NOTE: Again, I was pacing myself with these. I think I may do better than 130 next time around. I usually try to avoid failure if I can to prevent CNS damage and negative "feedback".

Wrestler's Bridge- 39 sec. hold NEXT W/O: 1 minute

Front Bridge- 25 sec. hold NEXT W/O: 35 sec.

Leg Raise on bench- 15, 11, 11, 11, 10=58 NEXT W/O: 65

Standard Plank:1 min. NEXT W/O: 1:15

Gorilla Hold: 50 sec. (WUSS!!) NEXT W/O: 1:00

Newspaper Crush: 6 pages per hand NEXT W/O: 8 pages

CONCLUSION: My muscular endurance, is, well, feminine...:toofunny:
I mean, for a guy who can bench press an estimated 250+, I should be able to do more than this. I even had the assistance of the Ragnarok, which pumped my muscles sickeningly full of blood, I must say. I know its the reps as well, but so far I like this stuff. I will wait to see how well I increase in my repetitions. Keep in mind that I am not going too high in reps before I switch to more difficult exercises. I WON'T be doing endless standard push ups! Once I can fit about 200-250 into those eight sets every workout, I'm moving to the one legged version, elevated, gorilla, and so on.

For now, I'm just girly...:chick:

Onto the weights in my next post, which will be deviously simple, but eventually very heavy...

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Alright post #2 for the day...

This is day 3 of my Ragnarok Warrior Melon caffeine free use. Too many words in that name. Anyway, I used it today 1 hour pre workout as usual with 12 oz. of water with no other supplements. As usual, very pleasant taste and texture.

Today's workout will draw some criticism from you. It is only two compound lifts, and I am starting at 3 sets each. That's it, twice a week. Sound too brief? We'll see, I am taking the word of Pavel Tsatsouline, from his work "Power to the People!". I haven't used it before, so it is new to me as well. You slowly acclimate your CNS to lifting more weight each time. Muscular size is not the goal, just utilizing what you have for more strength. You do it in cycles, starting low, building up slowly, hit a wall, then back off a little and start again a little higher. Kind of like periodization, just a little simpler. I have modified the system only slightly, adding one more set than he recommends for my particular goal. He also recommends more frequency, but I am trying to see if it will work in conjunction with my bodyweight training. Best of both worlds is the idea here. We'll see.

Here is the workout for today:

Dead Lift: 295 x 5 (easy!!) 270 x5 (90% of first set), 250 x 5 (80% of first set)
Start at 300 lbs. next w/o

Side Press (a variation of the bent press, an old strongman lift): 60 x 5 (easy again!!), 55 x 5, 50 x 5
Start at 65 lbs. next w/o

That's it. Call me crazy, we'll see if it works. I am a guinea pig for you my friends!

Felt strong throughout the workout, and the R-ROK had me pretty foked. Now time to sleep.

Next is a rest day, on which I will probably log some nonsense related to something...nonsensical.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
the blue raz tastes real good also. i was surprised at the mental focus this had being caffiene free. good luck bro! 2 testers on this stuff and pretty much logged the same effects, can't beat that! :thumbsup:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I think this is a great program. I used a program very similar in my powerlifting days with excellent results. I think you've made a great choice and your bodyweight training won't interfere with it either. Great job!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Interesting setup, to say the least. It makes perfect sense so hopefully it will work out for you. Nice last couple of workouts, also.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
ALRIGHT, gotta catch up for the THREE days now. I was staying at my father's to watch his dogs while he was away and did not have reliable internet. Not even a friggin' network.

6/20/07
My birthday. Guess what I did...JACK. Happy birthday. Still took my Rag, and it still was good. Rest day, so not much going on here.

6/21/07

Second bodyweight workout. Here's what it looked like:

Push Ups: 25, 20, 12, 13, 12, 12, 13, 13=120
Next Goal is 130
(supersetted with)

Pullups: 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5=51
Next Goal is 55

Freehand squats: 35, 25, 23, 23, 21=127
Next Goal: 135
(supersetted with)

Back Extensions: 15, 12, 9, 7, 6=49 (so close!!)
Next Goal: 55

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:00 Next Goal 1:10

Leg Raise: 16, 12, 12, 12, 10=62 Next Goal 70

Front Bridge: 0:39 Next Goal 0:45

Plank: 1:10 Next Goal 1:20

Gorilla Hold: 1:00 Next Goal 1:10

Newspaper Crush: 7 pages per hand Next Goal 8

As you can see, everything improved. Let's see if it keeps up, and how much.

6/22/07

Rested today because of poor planning. My band practices on Fridays, which takes up all of my time after work unless I get off early. I worked to the bell today, and there wasn't any way I was getting in the gym this morning. I will work out for the next three days before taking another rest.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Happy belated birthday! It looks like things are going well with some nice strength increases.

I hope band practice kicked ass!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Our birthdays are only one day apart. A couple of great men brought into this world within such a small timeframe. :whiner: :D Great workout, too!

djremix

djremix

Awards
  • Established
ill double that on the flavour, tried the sample pack, and damn the melon flavour was amazing.
so amazing in fact i ordered a full bottle of the razberry flavour.if they can do melon this good, id bet the rasberry will be astonishing :)

and the rasberry is AMAZING.

and happy birthday guys(today and tom) :)

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Another weight training day today. Here's what it looked like:

Dead Lift 300 x 5, 270 x 5, 250 x 5 NEXT w/o 305 lbs.

Side Press 65 x 5, 60 x 5, 55 x 5 NEXT w/o 67 lbs.

These workouts are still pretty light, so I don't have much comment on them. One thing I will say that I have learned in the past few weeks is that deadlifts start in your toes, not in your legs. Ditto for side or bent press. I have only recently learned this, and I think the potential strength benefits from this knowledge are very promising.

Pre workout I took: Ragnarok, 6 stim free RPM, 1 200 mg caffeine tab (Prolab)

I felt: Pretty sweet, I must say. A very good synergy between all of the ingredients above. I would fear to use that much stuff on my bodyweight days because of possible dehydration (I get that from a lot of supplements if I don't CHUG many liters of water). I drink about a gallon of water a day, which I do not think at this point is sufficient, though I only weigh 185. I never get cramps, but I hate thirst, and supplements just make me thirsty as hell.

Tonight I have a metal show to play. I will drink rum and beer, though I will try to moderate what I take in. I will try to avoid extreme drunkeness for the sake of my bodyweight training tomorrow.

UFC fights tonight for free!! Can't wait! :bruce3:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Tonight I have a metal show to play. I will drink rum and beer, though I will try to moderate what I take in. I will try to avoid extreme drunkeness for the sake of my bodyweight training tomorrow.

UFC fights tonight for free!! Can't wait! :bruce3:
Johnny Walker Red FTW!! :D Hope everything goes well with the show tonight, brutha! Take care, and have a great night! :drunk:

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Everything is looking great. So when do we get to here the band?

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Today, as a one time experiment (I'm trying to keep it mainly Rag pre workout for accuracy) I took:

1 scoop Ragnarok
3 caps Applied Nutriceuticals anabolic beta (no name for it, I'm just calling it stim free RPM)
3 caps of regular RPM

Result: Keep in mind, RPM is not supposed to really affect your pump, so I have to assume my pumps today were the result of the Rag. Frankly, it was just SICK. Veins everywhere, my muscles were swollen with massive amounts of blood. CRAZY pump from this stuff. The rag is kicking in very nice! My focus, as can be expected from such a stack, was just out of this world. I got a lot done today. Check out the workout:

Push ups: 27, 21, 14, 14, 14, 14, 14, 13=131 Next goal:140
(supersetted with)

Pull ups: 11, 9, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5=56 Next goal:still 60

Freehand squat: 45, 32, 30, 26, 25=158 Next goal:165
(supersetted with)

Back Extensions: 16,13, 10, 11, 10=60 Next goal: 65

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:10 Next goal: 1:20

Leg Raise: 20, 14, 14, 13, 10=71 Next goal: 80

Front Bridge: 0:50 Next goal: 1:00

Plank: 1:20 Next goal: 1:30

Gorilla Hold: 1:10 Next goal: 1:20

Newspaper Crush: 5 pages Next goal: (8 pages)

As you see the only thing that went down was the last one, which I don't consider extremely vital to this program. I did so much work before it, I just wanted to eat and not stand there violently crumpling paper. I gave in, I guess. Still, that gorilla hold hurts man! I was only shy of my pull up goal by a few, but that is a hard exercise for me. It still went up considerably. I will get there!

I am very pleased with my progress so far. I might actually be decently good at these exercises someday soon if I keep it up.

For those interested in my band, you can go to www.myspace.com/beyondfatal

Listen to the tracks "Universal, Diabolical" and "Ever Reign", they are years more recent than the others.

We are a death metal band, which means about 5% of the human population of earth has the potential to like us. I started doing this nonsense when I was 16 and haven't found a way to stop yet:rofl:

I also do another band that is completely different with the same guys, but we haven't released anything yet. I will understand if you guys don't like stuff as heavy as Beyond Fatal, it is pretty gruesome for even me to listen to sometimes. I am the vocalist, by the way, so I am the part that makes it so bad!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
AWESOME workout, bro! I'll check out your music when I get a chance. I am a death metal fan myself. Nothin' like a little Hatebreed or Lamb of God to get me pumped for a workout.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I am skipping today for personal reasons. I will resume with weight training tomorrow. Still took my supps as usual.:cheers:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
AWESOME workout, bro! I'll check out your music when I get a chance. I am a death metal fan myself. Nothin' like a little Hatebreed or Lamb of God to get me pumped for a workout.
Hatebreed is more Hardcore than death :nono:

Anywho, I am not a big death metal fan, but you guys have a solid sound and I could see you guys with a major label like Metal Blade :head:

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Hatebreed is more Hardcore than death :nono:

Anywho, I am not a big death metal fan, but you guys have a solid sound and I could see you guys with a major label like Metal Blade :head:

I appreciate the compliment, though over the years death metal has lost its charm for me. I do it mostly now because it would disappoint my friends and what fans we have if I didn't. I see the damage I am doing to my voice, though, and I think that if I ever want to sing clean again I am going to have to stop in the next few years. Just this weekend I was spitting blood! I would quit, but I have been doing it for so long, and every time I try I get the same god d*mn guilt trip.

I do enjoy it sometimes, when the live shows get real intense. Those moments are not as frequent as I would like. We are a very dynamic band live, but in a rural area it is difficult to find a large fan base.

Anyway, today's workout:

Dead Lift: 305 x 5 (still very easy), 275 x 5, 250 x 5 Next workout: 310
Side Press: 67 x 5, 60 x 5, 55 x 5 Next workout:70

I'm thinking I will finish my weight training days with some jump roping from now on. I need better cardio, and I feel the rope will help me explode from the toes up, which is working very well for me I might add. This simple point has made my dead lifting form so much better. I can't even believe it.

Anyway, bodyweight tomorrow, and I admit that I am modifying it a little. It will essentially be the same, but I am adding a movement and slightly altering another to be harder. Should be fun!:thumbsup:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I really like doing a solid 15-20 minutes of jump rope every now and then. 3 minutes of normal followed immediately by a few minutes of one leg jump ropes really explodes your calves. I feel like doing some jump ropes now, actually! Now where's that damn rope! :djparty:

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I was very dehydrated today. My workout suffered a little, as my energy level was very poor. I had a machine I had to fix today that took me four hours. I didn't drink all that time, but sweated balls. I hate it when that sh*t happens.

Anyway, here's the workout:

Push up:29, 22, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15=141 Next w/o: 150
(supersetted with)

Pull up: 12, 10, 8, 7, 7, 6, 6, 6=62 Next w/o: 70

Freehand squats: 50, 35, 32, 30, 26= 173 Next w/o:180
(supersetted with)

Back extensions: 15, 10, 13, 14, 14=66 Next w/o: 70

Wrestler's Bridge: 0:51 (went way down) Next w/o: still 1:20

Leg Raise: 22, 16, 16, 15, 12= 81 Next w/o: 90

Front Bridge: 1:00 Next w/o: 1:10

Fingertip plank: 0:30 Next w/o: 0:35
(a much harder version of the regular plank...very hard!)

Roll outs (from knees): 10, 8, 6= 24 Next w/o: 35
(a very difficult core exercise, will increase the sets slowly)

Gorilla Hold: 1:00 Next w/o: still 1:20
(this hold went down, but this w/o had already thrashed me!)

Most things still went up, but damn am I tired...this stuff is athletic!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good, man. I work outside and I HATE when I run out of water. I carry a gallon jug with me but sometimes I'll be weedwacking for 5-6 hour intervals and run out. **** gets rough when I run out of H2O! :smite:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Looking good thrall. I'd say that was a great workout for being a little dehydrated. That's just a sick routine.

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Workouts are going well. As for the band I do enjoy me a bit of insane death metal but my preference is a mixture of "clean" and well the wacked out deep screams. You have any tracks mixing the 2 methods?

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Workouts are going well. As for the band I do enjoy me a bit of insane death metal but my preference is a mixture of "clean" and well the wacked out deep screams. You have any tracks mixing the 2 methods?
Yes, we have two songs like that off the new cd, but none available on the net. We also have a completely clean vocal project, and it is a very tripped out, fun project for me to be involved with. We will be recording that in September. The new Beyond Fatal album "Universal, Diabolical" should be released some time around then I think (on Compton Records).

Alright, I have been feeling under the weather lately due to sleep difficulties. I just haven't been getting much, and that jacks up my routines and energy. I have rested FOUR DAYS, which is far more than I intended. Frankly, I meant to workout yesterday, but various complications with life in general kept me out of the gym.

I am starting with bodyweight this week, because it takes the most out of me. I actually started doing my weights a few days ago, got my first set of 310 DL no problem, but felt like hell and left the gym. I rarely do that, but man, I have not had any energy lately. I just need to SLEEP. Luckily, last night was better.

Here was todays routine:

Push up:31, 23, 17, 17, 16, 16,15, 15=150 Next w/o: 160
(supersetted with)

Pull up: 14, 10, 9, 7, 8, 7, 6, 7=68(close!!) Next w/o:still 70

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:25 Next w/o: 1:30

Freehand squat: 50, 40, 35, 30, 25:180:)head: ) Next w/o: 190
(supersetted with)

Back Extension: 16, 11, 10, 15, 10=62 (slightly down, but the squats made up for it) Next w/o: still 70

Leg Raise: 24, 18, 13, 13, 13=81 Next w/o: still 90

Front Bridge: 1:10 Next w/o: 1:15

Gorilla Hold: 1:20 Next w/o:1:25

Roll outs: 12, 3, n/a= 15 (I was feeling completely toasted at this point, so I skipped the fingertip plank)

Well, I can say that the increase in reps, especially with the freehand squats (nearly 200 soon) has caused a lot of metabolic waste buildup. I can FEEL how tired I am pretty intensely. Really, I feel like a 23 year old man shouldn't be having this issue quite yet, but it is a lot of work. Perhaps a 3 day rotation, still alternating bodyweight with weights? I definitely need to move to some harder exercises soon, and I fear I won't be able to fit it all in. The progression seems natural to me.

I'm going to think about it some more, but for now we have weights tomorrow. Should be light weight.:lol:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Are you strictly a recording artist, or do you have a different job which makes you so tired??

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Are you strictly a recording artist, or do you have a different job which makes you so tired??
No, I have a 9-5 fixing copiers at various businesses in the quad-state area. It is frustrating, mentally taxing work sometimes, but not physically demanding. Actually, I do find all the driving to be tiring mentally, but thats about it. I run all over the friggin' place getting parts and then putting them in machines made mostly of plastic that run like turtles. <sigh> Oh, the mediocrity...

I just have low energy right now because I cannot seem to get enough rest. I always wake up at the 6 1/2-7 hour mark. I'm just never rested, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I also have a new gf, which takes up a lot of energy and sleepy-bye time. Perhaps I just need to find a way to sedate her...

More soon, going to the gym within the next few hours...

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I felt really strong today. I think that rest time was necessary for my CNS, because I lifted like a champ today (at least, by my present personal standards).

Dead Lift: 310 x 5, 280 x 5, 250 x 5 Next w/o: 315

Side Press: 70 x 5, 65 x 5, 57 x 5 Next w/o: 72

I felt like this weight was light (and it is), and I could never lift the 70 lbs. with my left arm 5 times before. I am getting alot better at the side press. Eventually, when it gets really heavy, I think I will probably turn that lift into more of a bent press. As it stands, it is working well for me. I feel solid and rooted with both of these lifts, and I am slowly learning that "rooting" your whole body in the ground is where power starts.

I am starting to get to the point where I will soon be breaking new personal ground on the side press. The most I ever got on dead lift was 350 x 3, and that was when I slightly tweaked my lower back. I was lifting at a new gym, and with admittedly poor form (though I didn't know it then). That is why I started with such light weight, to work back to a heavy weight slowly. It is working well, my form is WAY better, and my pain is gone. I have never tried 315 x 5, just for 3, but it won't be hard for me at this rate. Can't wait to hit those HEAVY weights!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Solid workout! Nice DL numbers, too, whether you think so or not! Now get that 315x5! :smite:
I just have low energy right now because I cannot seem to get enough rest. I always wake up at the 6 1/2-7 hour mark. I'm just never rested, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I also have a new gf, which takes up a lot of energy and sleepy-bye time. Perhaps I just need to find a way to sedate her...
LOL! I hear ya, bro! My lady takes up usually 3-4 hours PER DAY. It drives me crazy sometimes, but I love her to death and she hates being apart so it's all good.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
ALRIGHT...here's how time has passed...

July 4: Rest (gym was closed)

July 5: Here's the bodyweight workout (some of my stuff actually went down, but I will tell you why in a minute)

Push ups:33, 23, 15, 15, 15, 15, 13, 14=143 Next w/o:160
(supersetted with)

Pull ups:12, 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 4=63 Next w/o:70

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:20 Next w/o: 1:30

Freehand squats: 50, 42, 36, 32, 26=186 Next w/o: 190
(supersetted with)

Back Extensions:13, 5, 11, 14, n/a=43 (WAY DOWN, but those squats actually work my lower back a lot) Next w/o: 70

Front Bridge: 1:15 Next w/o: 1:20

Leg Raises: 25, 19, 14, 14, 15=87 Next w/o: 90

Gorilla Hold: 0:55 (yeesh) Next w/o: 1:25

Roll outs: 8, 8, 4=20 Next w/o: 25

Some minor improvements, but the movements felt harder today. Why, I asked myself, why? Then, I weighed myself. I now weigh 185.6 lbs., a new PR for me. I have NEVER weighed more than 184.5 lbs. Interesting that I have gained weight from doing bodyweight movements. I think my new weight may affect the difficulty of some of my movements. It is something I will overcome, and with plenty of strength to show for it.

It doesn't hurt that stim free Ragnarok was by my side to do it either! Thank you MST for the use of this product, I am doing better than ever in the gym!

July 6: Rest due to reasons mentioned prior in this thread

I'm getting ready to hit the gym in about an hour for weights. Will post full update post workout.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the weight gain! Have you upped your caloric/carb intake?

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the weight gain! Have you upped your caloric/carb intake?
Well, to tell the truth, I don't count like a lot of you guys do. I really didn't have a goal of weight gain, but I always eat plenty every 3-4 hours. I have been eating a lot just because the bodyweight workouts are demanding.

Day 21:

This post is for the workout I did on July 7 (yesterday). It went as follows:

Dead Lift: 315 x 5, 285 x 5, 255 x 5 Next w/o: 320

Side Press: 72 x 5 (felt hard), 65 x 5, 60 x 5 Next w/o: Repeat

I'm not moving up on the side press next time because it was pretty difficult for me today. The dead lift still felt comfortable, but the side press is definitely getting harder. One more go at 72, and then I'll move up to 75.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I truthfully am not counting right now, either. I've been eating a lot of **** foods lately because I work outside and otherwise I can't keep anything on me.

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag &amp;amp;amp; it Roks
Awards
  • Established
If you remember in September email/pm so I can hear the new songs. Diabolical I always think of Bloodhound Gangs "something diabolical". Those fawkers crack me up.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/8/07: Rested (house sitting, must STOP resting so much)

*DAY 23*

7/9/07: Bodyweight workout was good, but REALLY tiring. Some dudes I know in the gym were actually talking sh*t about me while I was pumped. They were whispering "Roids" and staring. They were also criticising my training style. I only weighed 185.9 lbs. today, another personal record though. I was annoyed at first, but who cares? I have used only legal things, just like them. They were big 1-AD users, and they think they never used anything anabolic. Morons.

Here's how good I looked today:

Push ups: 33, 25, 20, 17, 18, 15, 15, 16=159(close!) next w/o:160 still
(supersetted with)

Pull ups: 13, 12, 9, 7, 8, 7, 7, 7=70 (yes!) next w/o: 75

Wrestler's Bridge:1:38 Next w/o:1:45

Freehand Squat: 50, 50, 40, 35, 30=205 :)head: ) Next w/o:210

Leg Raise: 25, 23, 20, 14, 17=99 Next w/o:105
(supersetted with)

Back extensions: 15, 13, 13, 13, 14=68 Next w/o:70 still

Front Bridge: 1:51 :)head: ) Next w/o:2:00

Gorilla Hold: 1:13 (still low) Next w/o: 1:25

Some of my stuff went WAY up (205 squats!) Other stuff wasn't quite as good. One thing is for sure. I am f*cking TIRED! I am going to separate this into two different workouts from now on. Sometimes it takes me 1:45 hr to complete this workout! That's a little long, and I want to add exercises, not keep cutting them.

After tomorrow's weights, the split will look like this:

Day 1:Bodyweight A
Day 2:Weights
Day 3:Bodyweight B
Day 4:Rest

I will repeat this continuously. I think this will work better for the volume I am doing now. We shall see.

Progress so far with this supplement has been EXCELLENT. I have been taking it faithfully every day and have only good things to say about it. Good job MST!!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kind words. Glad you're enjoying it. :D

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/10/07

*Day 24*

Dead Lift- 320 x 5, 290 x 5, 260 x 5 Next w/o: 325
Side Press-72 x 5, 65 x 5, 60 x 5 Next w/o: 75

All this felt easy today. Some old dude *****ed at me about letting my dead lift reps drop a little bit. Sorry, I'm not going to injure my back or lower my weights because your ears hurt.
Personally, I feel it is of minimal training effect to control your dead lift on the way down, and I sure as hell am not going to absorb the shock of the fall with my forearms. I have trained that way before, and it is just not functional by my way of thinking. I COULD slow my reps on the way down with this weight, but f*** that.

7/11/07

*Day 25*

Rest day. My split is changing tomorrow. I am excited, as I have added a few movements and kept the ones that have been effective for me so far. Tomorrow has more of an upper body focus, then weights the next day, and finally a lower body and core focus on the third day, followed by a rest day. I'm stoked!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
people always b*tch at me for making too much noise. i feel the same way you do. i'd rather make some noise than hurt myself.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
if they don't wanna hear noise there b1tch asses can go to the library! :smite:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/12/07
*Day 27*

For the first time since I've been doing the bodyweight stuff, I had a genuinely bad workout. I only got 1 hour of sleep last night, and I just felt like dog sh*t. Terrible, horrible workout. Sleep is my biggest problem right now, I just can't get a regular amount. Here's what today looked like:

Push up:34, 20, 16, 18, 18, 15, 16, 16=153 Next w/o: still 160
(supersetted with)

Pull up:14, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, 8, 6=72 Next w/o: still 75

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:15 (very low) Next w/o: still 1:45

Gorilla Hold: 0:55 (also low) Next w/o: still 1:25

Front Bridge: 1:24 (very bad) Next w/o: still 2:00

Handstand Hold: 0:29 Next w/o: 0:35

I didn't make any advancements, but I absolutely will next time. I may tweak this day a little, but we will see how the next upper body day goes.

SUPPLEMENT UPDATE
I haven't been focusing as much on the pros/cons of the supplement I've been taking as I have on my actual training effects. The stim free Rag is very good for:

-Excellent taste (Warrior Melon, yeah!)
-Excellent pumps (best pumps I've had, in fact)
-I believe it has aided my recovery and endurance
-The product has helped me gain nearly 1.5 pounds

The only issues I have with this product are:

-There doesn't seem to be exactly 40 servings in the container, as I think I am going to run out before the 40th day. I guess that with powder supps, you can expect this sometimes.

-If I don't drink enough water with this product, I get VERY thirsty. Of course, water consumption is noted on the label, and I have had that problem with other powder supps as well.

I can't really think of any other real problems I've had. I like it, just as much if not more than other pre workout supps (I've tried only a few). So far so good, today was one of those days that just happen sometimes when you slack on your sleep. Stressful day on top of that, so we'll just chalk it up as experience. :thumbsup:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I can't imagine trying to workout with only one hour of sleep in the bag! Kudos for even being able to get to the gym!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I took two days (7/13 and 7/14) off to regroup from my miserable failure the other day. That long night threw me off, there can be NO doubt. My training split has to be more uniform now, I think it will help me organize things better. Here is the split I've come up with:

Workout A:
Standard Pushup x 8
Pull up x 8
Wrestler's Bridge x 1
Gorilla Hold x 1
Front Bridge x 1
Handstand Hold x 1-3

Workout W:
Deadlift x 3-5
Side Press x 3-5
Jump Rope 15-30 min. (work up to 30 eventually, using 3 minute rounds)

Workout B:
Freehand squat x 5
Leg Raises x 5
Back Extensions x 5
Roll Outs x 3
Wall Walking x 3

Sunday- Workout A
Monday- Workout W
Tuesday-Workout B
Wednsday-Workout A
Thursday-Workout W
Friday- Rest
Saturday-Workout B

Today, I will be starting over with the upper body workout again because my last one was such a turd. This program can take me to a level of fitness most people would envy, I just have to be consistent. I may take an extra rest day in emergency situations, but I am going to try and keep this thing as strict as possible. If I have to skip a day, I won't let it throw off the schedule. All of these workouts have a little bit of the entire body in them, so it won't make much difference.

So far, I really enjoy the body weight training. I want to work my push ups somewhere near the 250 per workout range. Then I will move on to a harder variation (most likely one legged, which is harder than you think). My pull ups, well, I'm not worried about them yet. I'm still not very good at those.

I want to get up to around 500 squats per workout before I start doing variations of those (either weighted or a one legged variation). As far as the leg raises go, I don't have a number of them I really want to get done, but there are so many good hanging ab exercises that I eventually HAVE to move to one of those.

Some of these exercises I will pretty much always do, like back extensions. I can add weight to those and they will work great. They are still hard for me to bang out, so we can keep them the same for now. I am content with doing just 1 set per hold, as all of the holds/planks/bridges are difficult.

In case you are wondering, wall walking is taking three paces away from a wall and then bending backwards and walking down the wall, then back up again. I have never tried it before, but it sounds hard.

Alright, it's time to get my ass kicked by this split!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Time do some work, man! One legged pushups are definitely rough. As are one armed!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/15/07
*Day 30*

Alright, I am doing the numbers as I write this, so lets see how this workout went today:

Workout A (Bodyweight upper body day)

Push up: 30, 25, 17, 19, 18, 18, 17, 18= 162 Next w/o: 170
(supersetted with)

Pull up: 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 7, 7, 8=70 Next w/o: still 75

(I tried pacing myself better with the above two exercises. Pushups got better, pull ups still need work.)

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:24 Next w/o: still 1:45

Front Bridge: 2:00 Next w/o: 2:05

Gorilla Hold: 1:00 Next w/o: still 1:25

(As usual, my grip was fried from all the pull ups. It may take a while to muster up the grip to get better at the gorilla hold after all of that.)

Handstand Holds (on pushup bars): 0:41, 0:25

A much better feeling workout than the other day! Weights tomorrow baby!