Adapt, Migrate, or Die: Dan's Sponsored Pro-Anabol + Jungle Warfare Log

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by DefTek View Post
    Fantastic log - very interested to see how things go - keep it up.

Alot of people seem to have the acne/skin issues with the ALRI stack (and others I'm sure) - I'm on week 3 of the EVO Stack (JW/BAM) at the moment and it seems taking a shower pre and post workout helped to clear things up. For me at least.

Again great read so far!!!
    Thanks for the complement and the tip. I still have body acne as I mentioned before and few zits on my face. Acne never bothered me that much though, I don't really worry about it. I'm sure if I showered twice a day and exfoliated more often I could get rid of it but I don't care enough to put the effort in

2. Weight:
    157.8 lbs (+3.6 lbs since start)

More weight fluctuation. I don't think I had as much sodium as normal yesterday.

Today's Diet
    Unknown but in the 3500 kcal range. I ate a gyro with fries for lunch at a greek restaurant.

Pre-workout Nutrition / Supplementation

T-60 min
    1 cap Neogenix Velocity XT (stim)

T-15 min
    1 scoop Purple Wraath in 12-14oz water[/size]

Workout (drop sets)

4 min warm up jog

30 decline situps
    20 pushups
    50 decline crunches

Leg Press
    630x7 (PR)
    490x10

Rotary Calf
    220x6
    180x10

BB Shrugs
    325x7 (PR)
    275x10

Seated Dumbbell Press
    55x6 (PR)
    45x6

SLDL
    275x6
    225x8

Dips
    BW+90x3.5
    BW+70x6

Bent Rows
    185x6 (PR)
    145x9

Cable Curl
    70x6
    55x8

Close Bench
    135x8 (PR)

Rope Crunch
    85x15
    75x15
    70x15

Post-workout Nutrition / Supplementation
    20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1/2 banana
    13g hydrolyzed whey (yields 10g protein)
    12g hydrolyzed casein (yields 10g protein)
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Other Observations / Comments
    Normally I put comments at the end but I feel I need them here. Today was strange. I normally workout in the morning. Due to the car show I went to I ended up going around 4:30 PM. I wasn't really feeling it when I left and thought it wasn't going to be a good workout. I had eaten a large meal a few hours before and a small one an hour before and just felt physically sluggish. As I started working out I began feeling a bit better. From the very first set of leg presses I felt a lot stronger today. I still didn't feel 100% there but I knew my muscles were into it. I hit a bunch of PRs and felt a lot stronger. Due to the number of changes today (large fat meal, evening workout, stim) I can't speculate at the cause of the sudden increase.

I also decided to decrease the total number of sets. Last week's 4 drop sets per exercise was making me spend too much time in the gym and pushed me to the brink of overtraining. This week I'm doing a single drop set about 30 sec after the first. The goal is to drop the weight more and max out with higher reps.

Strength
    [*****]
    Way up! Even though I hit PRs I felt I could have done more weight on most exercises.

Stamina / Endurance
    [****-]
    Little above average. Could be due to the stim.

Energy / Focus
    [***--]
    Going to call it average. Focus wasn't there for the first half but when I realized I was feeling very strong focus increased.

Pumps / Vascularity
    [***--]
    Biceps, hams, and glutes felt great. Rest didn't feel as hard and pumped as with PA.

Recovery
    [***--]
    Had some DOMS yesterday but not enough today to make note of it.
    •   

3. Why are you only doing 2 sets on most exercises? If you want to get bigger, you must get stronger. Do sets of 3 or even 2 reps, but do a lot of those sets. 10 sets of 3 is a favorite of many who decide to go heavy but still cause hypertrophy.

You might even see yourself get stronger through repetition and motor pattern efficiency.

4. 4-6 has been shown to be the best for strength and hypertrophy. Also, I don't have a spotter so there's no way I could go heavier.

5. Weight:
    158.6 lbs (+4.4 lbs since start)

Off Day

Weight has been pretty sideways for a while now. I'm going to add 100 kcal per day starting tomorrow. Off days will be 3100 kcal, workout days 3600 kcal.

I'm trying to decide on my new workout. I've come up with two options. The first is a full body workout on Saturday (8-10 reps), Sundays and Fridays off, and split workout (6 reps) for the remaining 4 days. The other workout is a 3 day split (6 reps) with every 4th day off. I'm open to feedback on this.

Today's Diet
    About 3000 kcal.
    •   

6. Weight:
    158.4 lbs (+4.2 lbs since start)

Today's Diet
    First day with 100 kcal increase, will be about 3600 kcal.

T-15 min

Workout (drop sets)

5 min warm up jog

30 decline situps
    50 decline crunches
    20 pushups

Squats
    255x6
    185x10

Rotary Calf
    225x6 (PR)
    180x10

Lying Leg Curl
    145x6

Leg Extensions
    160x6

Flat Bench
    170x6 (finally got the last rep all the way down! Up to 175 next time.)
    135x9 (PR)

Pull-ups
    BW+10 x 6 (wide)
    BW+10 x 6 (narrow)
    Weight belt is finally back, along with a new one.

Shrugs
    325x8 (PR)
    275x10 (PR)

Seated BB Press (behind neck)
    125x8 (PR)
    95x10

EZ Cable Curl
    115x8 (PR)
    95x8

Lying Tricep Extensions
    90x6 (PR)

Ab Crunch Machine
    115x15
    100x15
    90x15

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1/2 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [*****]
    Something is going on here Strength was up a lot again, tons of PRs.

Stamina / Endurance
    [***--]
    Average

Energy / Focus
    [***--]
    Average

Pumps / Vascularity
    [***--]
    Some upper body pumps and fullness but not like with Pro-Anabol

Recovery
    [***--]
    Little bit of DOMS in hams and delts but pretty minor.

Wow, strength was through the roof on some exercises. Everyone says JW comes on strong around the 3 week mark. I'm around 3.5 weeks so that could be the culprit. If this keeps up I'll reach my major lifting goals in no time.

7. Weight:
    158.8 lbs (+4.6 lbs since start)

Off Day

Everything is going well. So far the only side I've noticed from JW is increased acne, which carried over from Pro-Anabol. No loss of libido, testicular shrinkage, or any of that.

I'm not 100% on this but I think I'm going to go for a personal trainer certification. Probably NSCA or NASM.

Today's Diet
    About 3100 kcal, right where it should be.

8. Quote Originally Posted by DriverDan View Post

Weight:

Off Day

Everything is going well. So far the only side I've noticed from JW is increased acne, which carried over from Pro-Anabol. No loss of libido, testicular shrinkage, or any of that.

I'm not 100% on this but I think I'm going to go for a personal trainer certification. Probably NSCA or NASM.

Today's Diet
    About 3100 kcal, right where it should be.
    Good Luck w/ that Dan. There is a thread discussing diff PT certs somewhere .

9. Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    Why are you only doing 2 sets on most exercises? If you want to get bigger, you must get stronger. Do sets of 3 or even 2 reps, but do a lot of those sets. 10 sets of 3 is a favorite of many who decide to go heavy but still cause hypertrophy.

You might even see yourself get stronger through repetition and motor pattern efficiency.
    I think you could agree that my back (as seen in the avatar) is pretty big. It was achieved with no supplementation besides food and pull ups. Heavy weighted pull ups and chest supported rows. I think you need to reevaluate your program and diet plan, if you're already banking on ALRI to solve your weight gaining issues.

Build a big base with the compound lifts. Have a deadlift and assistance exercise day. Squat and assistance exercise day. Bench and assistance exercise day. Maybe an overhead press and vertical pull (pull up) day.

Do 5x5 on the main lifts. Start at 70% of your 1RM. It will feel easy. Each week add 2.5% to each lift. Once it gets too hard to do all 5 sets at the weight, drop to 5x3. Once adding weight to that becomes to hard, test your 1RM again, and repeat the process over again.

This can continue for many years.

You will grow more in size and strength than you thought possible.

Also, perform grip work 2 times a week. It's sort of the dirty little secret of the bodybuilding/strength training world; it can do a whole lot for your aesthetics and it will drive up your strength, as if you were on real gear. Once you have a few months of grip training behind you, you'll see your lifts climb at abnormal rates. It's part of the reason I can pull 400+ lbs (more than a double body weight deadlift).

I wouldn't use the supps I use unless I knew how to properly train. I am not naive enough to think that I can use Havoc and curls to get the physique I want. Get strong, build up your power base, get fancy later.

My 2¢.

10. Quote Originally Posted by DriverDan View Post

Good Luck w/ that Dan. There is a thread discussing diff PT certs here----->>> I know we have a few personal trainers on the board...

11. Weight:

No change in weight. Looks like 3100 kcal on an off day is about right.

Today's workout was disappointing when it should have been excellent. I didn't have any clean towels this morning so I decided to workout in the afternoon. By the time I got to the gym I was pumped and felt like it was going to be a great workout. The first few exercises went great, I hit some PRs. Then disaster! I was doing shrugs and on my 5th rep I felt something pop about half way between my sternum and the bottom of my rips on on the right. I'm not sure what it was. It doesn't seem to be my abs as I can flex them without pain. It may be connective tissue. Anyway, I was going to leave the gym after that but it didn't hurt much. Instead I did some light machine work just to use all of my muscles. Pain has increased since then but still isn't bad. I'm glad it happened today since I now have 2 off days. Hopefully it will be better by Sunday.

Today's Diet
    Decided to drop to 3500 kcal from 3600 kcal since my workout was short.

T-15 min

Workout (drop sets)

4 min warm up jog

I was so pumped to lift forgot to do warmup situps, crunches, and pushups. This probably contributed to my injury. I still did my normal 2-3 set warmups on the first 3 exercises, including shrugs.

Leg Press
    650x7 (PR)
    600x8

Donkey Calf
    360x6
    270x9

BB Shrugs
    335x5 then POP (PR, would have hit 6)

From here I did light sets on machines, no where near maxing on most.

Seated Leg Curl
    130x8

Seated Chest Press
    90x8

Lat Raise Machine
    90x8

Rear Pec Deck
    5 plates x 10

Row Machine
    90x12

Curl Machine (1 arm)
    35x7 (left)
    35x8 (right)
    (Right is lagging so I did an extra rep)

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1/2 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [*****]
    I felt like I could move mountains. Leg presses were the best ever. I think I could have kept going but didn't.

Stamina / Endurance
    [****-]
    A bit above average. Probably due to the strength increases and being pumped up about the workout.

Energy / Focus
    [****-]
    Focus was great. I was really concentrating on everything. A split second before I felt the pop I could tell something wasn't right but it was too quick to do anything.

Pumps / Vascularity
    [****-]
    Even pumps were feeling good. Legs were rock hard.

Recovery
    [***--]
    No DOMS.

I'm so disappointed that I got injured. It was going to be an amazing workout and I blew it Now I can't wait to see how my new routine will go. I haven't decided on the exact exercises yet, I'll post them today or tomorrow.

12. Quote Originally Posted by dhuge67 View Post
    I think you could agree that my back (as seen in the avatar) is pretty big. It was achieved with no supplementation besides food and pull ups. Heavy weighted pull ups and chest supported rows. I think you need to reevaluate your program and diet plan, if you're already banking on ALRI to solve your weight gaining issues.
    Huh? I gained additional fat from eating too much. The solution is eating less. I've been playing with my calories to find the ideal level for minimal fat gain. It has nothing to do with ALRI or their products.

Build a big base with the compound lifts. Have a deadlift and assistance exercise day. Squat and assistance exercise day. Bench and assistance exercise day. Maybe an overhead press and vertical pull (pull up) day.

Do 5x5 on the main lifts. Start at 70% of your 1RM. It will feel easy. Each week add 2.5% to each lift. Once it gets too hard to do all 5 sets at the weight, drop to 5x3. Once adding weight to that becomes to hard, test your 1RM again, and repeat the process over again.

This can continue for many years.

You will grow more in size and strength than you thought possible.

Also, perform grip work 2 times a week. It's sort of the dirty little secret of the bodybuilding/strength training world; it can do a whole lot for your aesthetics and it will drive up your strength, as if you were on real gear. Once you have a few months of grip training behind you, you'll see your lifts climb at abnormal rates. It's part of the reason I can pull 400+ lbs (more than a double body weight deadlift).

I wouldn't use the supps I use unless I knew how to properly train. I am not naive enough to think that I can use Havoc and curls to get the physique I want. Get strong, build up your power base, get fancy later.

My 2¢.
    Thanks for your input. The routine I was following, HST, has a lot of scientific backing to it. I actually reviewed as much of their references as possible to get a better understanding of it. My statement before about 4-6 reps being optimal is based on scientific research I've read. I have no doubt that you can still grow well with more or less reps. It's just that 4-6 reps has been shown to be optimal.

If you have any scientific references for your point of view I'd love to read them. I'm always looking to learn.

I have no idea what my max DL is since I never do 1RMs but I'm sure it's more than double my body weight.

You're right that supplements do not replace proper training and diet, they supplement it. I like to think I'm fairly knowledgeable about proper diet, training and supplementation. If you take a look at my last measurements as noted in my final PA review you'll see I put on over an inch around my chest and shoulders, a half an inch on my left arm, and everything else went up significantly. That was in 30 days. PA helped, but if my routine sucked and I didn't eat well those results would have never happened.

13. Jeremy Thomas
    1968-2007

Today's entry is dedicated to a friend of mine who passed away yesterday from a heart condition. Jeremy was a member of our local car forum. He was an outstanding person, always going out of his way to help others. His first child was born about two weeks ago and will now grow up without the superb father Jeremy would have been. That picture represents him perfectly, he always had a smile on his face. I'm not an emotional person but was on the brink of tears when I heard the news.

You will be dearly missed Jeremy, may you rest in peace.

Weight:
    159.0 lbs (+4.8 lbs since start)

Off Day

Weight up slightly. Looks like my current caloric intake is right.

The injury is feeling a lot better. Still some pain but it's not bad. Should be good enough on Sunday to lift with care.

Today's Diet
    Should be 3100 kcal.

14. I'm very sorry for your loss DD.

15. havent checked on your log for a while. as expected very informative and detail oriented. looks to me like you got it right.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

16. Weight:

Off Day

Sorry for the delay in yesterday's post. Not a whole lot to report. Injury improved again. Spent a lot of time watching NASM study CDs. When I woke up I felt thirsty and a little dehydrated.

On Friday my diet was off a little. I had some really good lasagna at a restaurant and skipped meal 6. Total calories were on target though.

I finished developing my new workout. Since I am logging a product I didn't want to make any radical changes. I kept most of the same exercises, it's now split over 3 days instead. I'm keeping some sub-splits as well, like focusing on quads one leg day and hams/glutes on the other. Total sets per muscle group have increased over a 7 day period. Most groups were 6 sets before, now they're 8. Legs increased from 12 sets to 14. This is a tentative plan and is subject to change if I feel the need.

Day 1 - Chest, Bis, Tris, Forearms
    Incline Bench x2
    Flat DB Bench x2

Close Bench x2
    Pushdowns x1

EZ Bar Curl x2
    Cable Curl x2

Wrist Curl x1
    Reverse Wrist Curl x1

Day 2 - Legs, Calves, Abs
    Squat x3
    DB Lunge x2
    Leg Extension x2

Rotary Calf x2
    Seated Calf x2

Ab Crunch Machine x3
    Weighted Ball Crunches x2

Day 3 - Shoulders, Upper Back, Traps
    Seated DB Press x2
    Bent Over Lat Raises x2
    Chins x2
    Bent Over Rows x2
    BB Shrugs x2
    DB Shrugs x2

Day 4 - OFF DAY

Day 5 - Chest, Bis, Tris, Forearms
    Incline DB Press x2
    Bench x2

Dips x2
    Lying Tri Ext x1

DB Curl x2
    EZ Bar Preacher Curl x2

DB Wrist Curls x1
    DB Reverse Wrist Curls x1

Day 6 - Legs, Calves, Abs
    Leg Press x3
    Deadlifts x2
    Prone Leg Curls x2

Rotary Calf x2
    Donkey Calf x2

Cable Crunches x3
    Weighted Decline Crunches x2

Day 7 - Shoulders, Upper Back, Traps
    Seated BB Press x2
    Standing Lat Raises x2

Pulldowns x2
    Seated Rows x2

Behind Back BB Shrugs x2
    Hammer Strength Shrugs x2

Day 7 - OFF DAY

...and repeat

Today's Diet
    One of my roommates brought home some really good BBQ chicken that I couldn't pass up. Total calories were higher than normal but not crazy. Probably in the mid to upper 3000 range.

17. Weight:
    161.0 lbs (+6.8 lbs since start)

Wow, large weight gain yesterday. Broke through 160 lbs too! Unfortunately my waist has increased in size as well

I'm working out in the afternoon instead of this morning to give my injury a little more time. I'll be taking it easier than normal to make sure I don't exacerbate it. Instead of 6 reps I'm shooting for the 8-10 range. I may switch a few exercises as well to limit the use of my core.

Today's Diet
    Should be 3600 kcal.

18. Hi DD,
    Great log so far. I was looking at your workout routine and was curious how your strength was progressing overall? I've yet to try such a low rep scheme, how are you liking it?

19. Pre-workout Nutrition / Supplementation

T-15 min

Workout

7 min warm up walk

50 decline crunches
    20 pushups

Incline Bench
    155x6
    155x5.5

DB Bench
    65x6
    65x6

Close Grip Bench
    135x6
    135x6

BB Curl
    80x6
    (hurt a little so switched to preachers for more core support)

Preacher Curl
    50x10

Cable Pushdowns
    75x10

Cable Curls
    60x6
    45x8

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1/2 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [**---]
    Felt very weak, don't know what was going on.

Stamina / Endurance
    [***--]
    Average

Energy / Focus
    [***--]
    Average

Pumps / Vascularity
    [***--]
    Bis were pumped, chest not as much.

Recovery
    [**---]
    Whole body felt a bit sore.

Today was the worst workout since I started this log. I don't why but I felt so weak. I intended to hit the 8-10 rep range but was only pushing 6 reps on a lot of exercises. The good news is that there wasn't a lot of pain. Not sure how tomorrow will be, I may have to do something instead of squats.

20. Quote Originally Posted by whatastud08 View Post
    Hi DD,
    Great log so far. I was looking at your workout routine and was curious how your strength was progressing overall? I've yet to try such a low rep scheme, how are you liking it?
    I love the full body workouts! You're still doing the same number of sets per week but less per muscle group each day. If you're pushing hard you will start over training at 8-12 weeks, so time off is required. That's the only reason why I switched up to a 3 on 1 off split, to allow more recovery time. I'm not taking a week off in the middle of the log

21. Weight:

Same weight as yesterday.

Today's Diet
    Will be 3600 kcal.

T-15 min

Workout

7 min warm up jog

30 decline situps
    40 decline crunches
    20 decline twist crunches
    5 pushups

Squats
    235x8
    235x7
    235x6
    (bending too far over)

Rotary Calf
    225x6
    225x6

Leg Extensions
    165x6
    165x6

Seated Calf
    205x6
    180x6

DB Lunges
    50x10
    50x10

Ab Crunch Machine
    85x20
    100x15

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1/2 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [***--]
    Back to normal.

Stamina / Endurance
    [**---]
    Seemed a bit below average. I was breathing pretty heavy between most sets.

Energy / Focus
    [***--]
    Average

Pumps / Vascularity
    [***--]
    Leg day = no pumps. They're feeling pretty hard though.

Recovery
    [***--]
    No DOMS from yesterday.

Felt much better in the gym today. Pain is almost completely gone and doesn't seem to interfere at all. Squats have been killing my back lately. I bend over too far no matter what weight I use even though I focus on keeping it straight. Not sure what to do about it. I haven't done any lunges in a LONG time so they felt great. Should really help my secondary muscles improve.

22. Weight:
    160.8 lbs (+6.6 lbs since start)

Slight weight decrease. I'm surprised it didn't drop more yesterday or today since it jumped a lot a few days ago.

Today's Diet
    Will be 3600 kcal.

T-15 min

Workout

7 min warm up jog

20 decline situps
    20 decline crunches

Seated DB Press
    55x6
    55x6

Rear Lat Raises
    15x8
    15x8

Chins
    BW x 7 (narrow)
    BW x 6 (wide)

Bent Over Rows
    135x9
    135x10

Seated Hammer Strength Shrugs
    (weight per side)
    90x8
    70x13

BB Shrugs
    135x20
    135x20

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1/2 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [***--]
    No real increases, but hard to tell since I did higher reps.

Stamina / Endurance
    [***--]
    Average

Energy / Focus
    [***--]
    Average

Pumps / Vascularity
    [****-]
    Improved.

Recovery
    [***--]
    Lower back a little sore but not enough to count it.

Feeling almost healed when not exercising, but still feeling pain when using core muscles during workout. Went VERY light on shrugs since anything heavier resulted in pain. I'm pretty weak on the rear lat raises but damn they felt great. I was being very strict on my form, straight arms all the way in both directions.

As mentioned at the beginning of this log I planned on bulking for 4 weeks then cutting for 1 week. Next week is a cut week. Last cut week I ate at maintenance to attempt some recomp. This coming week is going to be an all out cut. I've put on way too much fat and need to get rid of some. I'm also interested in seeing what JW is like with severely reduced calories and a targeted keto diet (TKD). I'll be switching over to TKD in a few days but won't be dropping calories until Saturday. Full details to follow.

23. Weight:
    161.4 lbs (+7.2 lbs since start)

Off Day

Sizable weight increase overnight.

I've been accomplishing very little lately so 2 days ago I started writing down my daily accomplishments in my dream journal. I only write things I don't do every day. Then something happened last night and this morning, like everything just clicked and I knew what I needed to do. It came to me that I need to get a website back up that I bought a while ago. It's a site that sells a unique ebook about credit repair. I bought it for a pretty penny and then never did anything with it. But suddenly last night I knew I needed to get it up again. When I checked the domain I found I had 1 day left to renew it before it went to auction Talk about perfect timing. Then today everything seemed to come together. I even thought up a new website that I think will be GREAT, directly related to supplements. It probably won't be up before this log is done but keep watching

I realize that doesn't have much to do with JW, but I felt it needed to be discussed. While my training and diet have been on the rest of my life hasn't. I don't know why but all of a sudden I have these great ideas again.

Back to bodybuilding, my traps were a bit sore when I woke up this morning. That NEVER happens. Then again, I never do 20 reps. I think my body is going to like the new routine

Today's Diet
    ~3100 kcal.

24. Weight:

Got a free birthday shake at the gym today (not PWO, later in the afternoon). That and the bottle of Propadrol solomon sent made me happy

Today's Diet
    With the decrease in total workout time I decided to drop my daily calories to 3500. Today the first 3 meals had carbs, the rest of the day will have minimal carbs.

T-15 min

Workout

7 min warm up jog

20 decline crunches
    20 pushups

Dips
    BWx15
    +55x6
    +55x5

Incline DB Bench
    65x6
    65x4

Flat Bench
    175x2
    165x3
    155x6

DB Curls
    45x6
    45x6

Preacher Curls
    60x10
    80x6

Lying Tricep Extensions
    80x7
    90x6

DB Wrist Curls
    30x8

DB Side Wrist Curls
    20x6

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1/2 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [***--]
    Mixed. Chest was weak, bis and tris felt good. Went lower on the DB curls but kept the form more strict.

Stamina / Endurance
    [***--]
    Average

Energy / Focus
    [***--]
    Average

Pumps / Vascularity
    [***--]
    Bis were pretty pumped, chest felt ok but no pumps.

Recovery
    [***--]
    No DOMS

Chest felt pretty weak today, not sure why. I think my body isn't used to so many sets on a single body part. That's a good thing though, I should get some nice results.

I previously said I'd be going low carb today but realized that I won't be cutting until Sunday. I decided to make my first 3 meals "normal" then the remaining 4 low carb. Tomorrow and Saturday will be low carb but will still be ~3500 kcal.

I'm liking that my time in the gym has been significantly decreased. I think I'd rather do 6 shorter days per week then 3 long days.

25. Happy Birthday Dan!

26. Weight:
    160.6 lbs (+6.4 lbs since start)

It looks like I wasn't as healed as I thought. I was on my second set of leg presses when POP! Same thing as last week

I'll be going light for a while, probably 2 weeks. I'm not going to lift heavy again until it is completely healed. I'm pissed about that since strength is really improving (see below) but what else can I do?

JW Updates
    I haven't commented specifically about JW in a while so here's an update. I've noticed increased shedding. I accepted that I'm going to go bald a long time ago so this doesn't necessarily bother me. My Mom's father lost all of his hair young so I know what I have to look forward to. Just something to watch for. Back acne has decreased from when I was using PA. There's still some there, just not as much. Still a lot of acne on my shoulders and some on my chest and face. Strength seems to be improving pretty rapidly, although with this damned injury it's hard to take full advantage of that. I'm not feeling any other reported sides, such as lethargy or effect on libido.

Today's Diet
    Should be around 3500 kcal but may be a little under. I'm not tracking it 100% today, just keeping a close eye on it.

T-15 min

Workout

7 min warm up jog

30 decline situps
    30 decline crunches
    5 pushups

Leg Press
    670x7
    690x4 then POP
    (Was well on my way to hitting at least 6 reps, very good PR for me)

Donkey Calf
    360x8
    360x8

Seated Leg Curls
    145x6
    145x6

Rotary Calf
    225x6
    225x6

Leg Extensions
    170x6 (PR)
    170x4

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [****-]
    Excellent! I know I could have hit over 700x6 on leg presses which is a huge increase. When I started JW I was doing 580x8.

Stamina / Endurance
    [***--]
    Average

Energy / Focus
    [***--]
    Average

Pumps / Vascularity
    [**---]
    Since I did fewer sets then planned my legs weren't even as hard as they should have been. Oh well...

Recovery
    [***--]
    No DOMS

I'm really psyched with the increase on leg presses. I'm just so disappointed that I won't be able to see how high I can go for a while.

I took some time looking over a calender to get a rough plan for the next 8 months. I'll probably be doing a 6 week PH cycle in Sept, then an 8 week in December (if I have the money). Then for my first contest in March I'll be using Pro-Anabol again. I may try some other stuff during the time in between PH cycles.

27. Weight:
    157.6 lbs (+3.4 lbs since start)

Sorry about missing yesterday's update, I was pretty busy. I had trouble sleeping that night, the pain from my injury kept me up. It was supposed to be a back and shoulder workout day but I skipped it because I didn't want to exacerbate the injury.

I decided to start the cut on Saturday. I'll be using EC. EC does absolutely nothing for my strength (I've compared workouts before) so it shouldn't have any impact on my JW results.

Today's Diet
    Was ~1800 kcal, high fat & protein and very low carbs.

28. Weight:
    156.2 lbs (+2.2 lbs since start)

Off Day

Big weight drop from low carbs. I'm sure a lot of it will come back next week. My goal is to lose at least 2.5-3 lbs of fat this week with no muscle or strength loss.

Much less pain today. Should be good to go tomorrow, low weight high reps (10+).

Journey to CPT Update: I finished watching the NASM study CDs yesterday. They were the 2004 edition but you can't complain about free Most of it was good but the nutrition presentation was horrible, I was picking out mistakes left and right. I want to go for the NSCA-CPT so I'll be buying their book this week. I feel pretty comfortable with my knowledge but still need some work. I want to learn the name of every muscle. I also need to get my CPR certification, I haven't had it since high school.

This week's diet will be very low, in the 1200-1500 range. I'm keeping protein at 220g per day and adjusting carbs and fat. If it has a negative impact on my workout I'll increase the calories. I'm not willing to sacrifice strength.

Today's Diet
    Will be around 1250 kcal.

29. Weight:
    154.2 lbs (+0.2 lbs since start)

Not sure about this weight, I may have remembered it wrong. May have been 156.4. We'll see tomorrow.

Last night I realized I made a stupid math error. I was going to do 2g of protein per lb, for some reason thinking that 160 X 2 = 220. Duh, it's 320. So I changed my mind, instead I'll be eating close to 1.5g per lb of protein, in the 220-240g range.

Yesterday's total came in around 1400 kcal.

Today's Diet
    Not sure exactly what it'll be yet, I think ~1600 kcal. Today's carbs will be a little over 100g including fiber, net carbs will probably be around 80g.

I haven't been very specific about my diet. Right now it mainly consists of chicken, eggs, MPI, cheese, fiber sources, and greens.

T-15 min
    1 scoop Purple Wraath in 12-14oz water

I made a mistake here. I was going to eat half a banana beforehand for some carbs but forgot. It impacted my workout, see comments below.

Workout

8 min warm up jog, 0.75 miles

20 decline crunches
    20 pushups

Incline Bench
    135x10
    135x8
    Tris were the limiting factor here, chest could have kept going.

DB Bench
    52.5x7
    52.5x8
    Same thing again, tris crapped out.

Close Grip Bench
    95x10
    95x10
    Burned out from low carbs, had the strength but not the energy to keep going.

Preacher Curl
    65x15
    70x10
    Switched out standing BB curl for preachers to limit impact on core.

Cable Curls
    45x12 (left) 45x14 (right)
    45x10 (left) 45x12 (right)
    Right is lagging so did a few extra reps after a brief pause.

Cable Pushdowns
    75x10

BB Wrist Curl
    50x15

BB Reverse Wrist Curl
    40x7

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    1 banana
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [*****]
    Yeah buddy! Strength was way up today. On Thursday I did 60x10 preacher curls, today (4 days later) 65x15 and 70x10. The 65 felt like nothing, my arms burned out due to lack of carbs not strength. I felt like I could have done a ton more reps if I had the glycogen.

Stamina / Endurance
    [**---]
    Forgot preworkout carbs and felt it. The chest exercises suffered as a result. My tris were getting burned out.

Energy / Focus
    [****-]
    Up thanks to EC.

Pumps / Vascularity
    [*****]
    Best arm pumps I've ever had on low carbs, almost to the point of hurting.

Recovery
    [***--]
    No DOMS

Pretty kick ass workout despite burning out from low carbs. We'll see how tomorrow goes with some preworkout carbs. If that doesn't help I may end this cut a few days early. I want to take every advantage of the strength increases JW is giving me.

Progress Comments: This is a general overview of how my body is coming along. This is more for myself to document my progress but is relevant to the log. With my goal of doing my first competition in March I have to make sure I'm progressing. I still have a lot of muscle to put on

Quads: In the past few days separation of my quads has gotten a lot better. They were holding water or fat and these few cut days have helped bring them out. I was worried about their lack of progress but now I think there was water/fat hiding them. From what I now see I'm happy with how they're coming. They still have a long way to go before I'm happy with them.
    Hams: Progressing nicely, should be in good shape by March.
    Glutes: Also coming along well, these are low on my list of concerns.
    Calves: Seem to be progressing along with legs.
    Arms: VERY happy with how they've been coming along. Still need a lot more size but they've exploded since I started this log.
    Shoulders: Same as arms, massive progress since this log started.
    Chest: Pecs aren't progressing as much as I'd like. Clavicular and sternocostal heads need the most work. I always seem to burn out my tris before my chest gets enough work. I think I need to start doing flys.
    Traps: I've been happy with my upper traps for a while although they continue to progress. I've seen a very nice improvement in my mid and lower traps since starting this log. Lower traps were lagging before and have been catching up.
    Lats & Back: Very happy with how my lats are progressing. Since starting this log I've added some nice width and size. Teres' have grown significantly. Erector spinae has grown as well.

JW Observations: Wow, strength has been going up significantly since last week. I strongly advise anyone who's going to run JW to do 8 weeks. I feel the best workouts have been after I finished the first bottle and they just keep getting better. IMO a 4 week cycle is cutting yourself short, almost not worth doing. I can't wait to see where I am when this log is done!

30. Weight:
    153.2 lbs (-0.8 lbs since start)

Wow, weight has gone down over 7 lbs in 5 days. I know a lot of that is water but still, damn. I've decided to end the cut tomorrow. Thursday (an off day) will be in the 2500-2800 kcal range, with Friday back to bulk level.

I got about 2 hours of sleep last night. A combination of EC and plenty on my mind kept me up. I'm not tired at all so far but I have a feeling I'm going to crash tonight. I decided to only take 2 doses of EC to ensure a good night.

Today's Diet
    Will be ~1600 kcal.

Dropped the PWO banana and damn the shake was nasty.

[size=+1]T-15 min
    1 scoop Purple Wraath in 12-14oz water
    10g WMS

Workout

5 min warm walk @ 4mph, varying incline

30 decline situps
    50 decline crunches

Smith Squats
    195x12
    195x10

Rotary Calf
    225x10 (PR)
    225x8

DB Lunges
    50x12
    50x12

Seated Calf
    180x7
    180x8

Leg Extensions
    155x10
    155x8

Hack Squat
    200x8

Ab Crunch Machine
    80x25
    85x20

20g dextrose
    20g WMS
    ~1.5g dicreatine malate
    ~1.5g creatine gluconate

Strength
    [****-]
    Still going up. 4 days ago I did 225x6 on rotary calf, today I did 225x10

Stamina / Endurance
    [**---]
    This was mixed but I'm going to call it decreased. Better than yesterday but my heart rate was way up. I had to rest longer to get it down. Was still burning out due to low carbs but not as bad.

Energy / Focus
    [****-]
    Still up thanks to EC.

Pumps / Vascularity
    [***--]
    All things considered my quads felt great, but not above normal due to low carbs.

Recovery
    [***--]
    No DOMS

I've been at my gym now for over a year and I think today was the first time I've ever had to wait for a squat rack. I didn't want to wait so I did smith squats instead. I haven't done smith squats in a LONG time. They actually felt really good, hit my quads just right. I've never done hack squats so I gave them a try today. Was getting a little pain so didn't push it.

This was the first leg workout in a LONG time that left me feeling weak and wobbly. Quads were beat.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
  2. GET DIESEL OR DIE TRYIN' (sponsored) by ReaperX
    By ReaperX in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 01:07 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 09:57 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 12:13 PM