Adapt, Migrate, or Die: Dan's Sponsored Pro-Anabol + Jungle Warfare Log

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

[size=+1]PRO-ANABOL™ 60 capsules[/size]

ALR Industries has designed what may well be the premiere safe and truly effective pro-anabolic for both men and women. With Pro-Anabol™ we are setting the standard yet again.

Everyone in the supplement industry and the athletic community at large have been looking for the next so-called "pro-hormone replacement." Big surprise there, huh?

Pro-hormones of the past were so effective that looking for something as good or better has become a bit of an obsession.

Did ALR Industries Make a Pro-Hormone Replacement?

Nope, we built a better mouse trap instead…as always. Mediocrity sucks, so we are always on a quest to do better than before. Why accept anything except for being the top dog?

Okay…

Who didn’t like the muscle gains seen during cycles of the more powerful pro-hormone products? Problem is that there were way too many side affects in the negative category:
  • HPTA shut-down (raisin nuts…Honey I shrunk “the boys”)
  • Masculinization of females (not cool)
  • Aromatization to estrogen (gyno)
  • Negative effects upon cholesterol
Obviously we all loved the positive effects:
  • Increased muscle mass
  • Decreased fat deposits
  • Faster recovery
  • Increased strength
  • Increased libido
What if we could have all of the positive effects without the negative ones? All of the ALR Industries sponsored athletes used Pro-Anabol™ during this seasons contest prep for a reason…

[size=+1]Science Geek Stuff[/size]

Everyone has heard of ecdysterone and ecdysteroids and knows that they do have “some” benefits, however, they are found, even at high doses, to be relatively mild. Notably, they have a pure pro-anabolic effect with no androgenic side effects, but again due to issues of absorption and bioavailability…as well as transcriptional factors (information given by a compound at the receptors) they have not panned out in the real world use of athletes and bodybuilders.

Actually it is the cholesterol side chain of ecdysteroids that inhibits the possibility for any degree of notable androgen receptor (AR) stimulation and obviously as well potentially higher potency and transcriptional activity. For a steroidal structure to properly engage the AR-receptor there must be a hydroxyl group at the 17 position of the compound. Let’s see if I can explain that a little better.

An AR-receptor is like a lock in that it takes the right key to actuate its mechanism. So if the wrong key or compound is inserted into the lock or receptor then it is not going to open the door you want it to. In the case of ecdysteroids, the area of the key that needs to be re-structured so it works in the receptor is at carbon-17 by way of adding a hydroxyl group.

[size=+1]So We Found a Hydroxyl Group at 17…then kept going![/size]

ALR Industries brings you with their patent status MDHR™ the very first highly bioavailable and truly potent derivative of a naturally occurring plant based ecdysteroid. The base compound is called Dihydrorubrosterone, a naturally occurring ecdysteroid that is notably absent of the cholesterol group at position-17, but has a hydroxyl group at the all important 17-position. Furthermore, we have added a17-position methyl ether to increase both the bioavailability and overall potency. And a real plus is no liver stress like that realized from use of some of the older pro-hormone products. The result is a highly pro-anabolic compound with excellent oral bioavailability.

The revolution of the ecdysteroid has arrived with MDHR™ and you won’t find this type of ecdysteroid anywhere else as it is a patent status exclusive to ALR Industries.

[size=+1]Synergy is Everything[/size]

Our next heavy hitter is a very potent and very deliberately produced proprietary extraction from the well known Maca plant, also known as Lepidium Meyenii, we have called Macabol™. We are not going into great detail on what we have done here to maintain our proprietary intellectual property and unique advantage, but to put it mildly we tweaked out some highly potent pro-anabolic, energizing, and lipolytic properties from this herbal wonder. Libido and recovery are also shown to be markedly enhanced in almost all users. We really do not have to say much as you’ll feel it...no doubt!

[size=+1]One Last Synergist…[/size]

Though certainly not the big star of this pro-anabolic matrix, Bio-kines™ is a proprietary bioactive bovine serum extract designed to:
  • Bioactive Hormones, growth factors and cytokines promote cell growth
  • Activation of immune system thereby preventing protein and energy loss
  • Enhances nutrient utilization
  • Increases retained nitrogen, promotes weight gain
  • Increased energy
  • Reduced protein and amino acid catabolism, improves protein retention
  • Increases lean muscle mass
Bio-kines™ Proprietary Bioactive Bovine Serum Extract is a highly concentrated extraction of bovine serum produced to contain highly efficacious fractions of growth factors, immunoglobulins, and other valuable bioactive substances that foster an overall heightened effect for recovery and growth. It is included to provide a solid support for enabling the primary pro-anabolic components, Macabol and MDHR, to exert maximal myotrophic (muscle building) effect.

We are extremely proud of the results our newest performance design Pro-Anabol™ has delivered for our athletes over the past year. They train, eat and supplement to exceed mediocrity just like you do. Just think about it…
  • Serious pro-anabolic support
  • Superior recovery
  • Increased lean mass
  • Increased strength
  • Decreased fat mass
  • No estrogen increase
  • Increased libido
  • No masculinizing side affects
  • No post cycle recovery needed
Hmmm, guess we did build a better mouse trap…once again.

Whether used alone or in combination with other ALR Industries products, Pro-Anabol™ will help both men and women reach their goals without par. The revolution continues with the Evolution of sports supplements that is ALR Industries!

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

[size=+1]Jungle Warfare™ 90 caps[/size]
Pro-Hypertrophic

Helping the Masses stay Massive…Still

[size=+1]Jungle Warfare: Pro-hypertrophic from ALR Industries featuring an Herbal Proprietary Myotrophic Complex.[/size]

So, obviously by now everyone knows that anabolic/androgenic steroids (AAS), prohormones (PH) and prosteroids (PS) work rather well for aiding lean tissue growth by increasing the anabolic response in muscle tissue thus shuttling nutrients away from fat and feeding them to muscle…and most know that they can have serious side effects like jail, gyno, HPTA shut-down, liver enzyme and lipid issues. Oh, and they are banned by about every sporting organization on the planet.

Many are willing to take these risks, but it may not be necessary or a best choice for the goals desired.

The way that all androgens (AAS, PH and PS alike are types of androgens) trigger anabolism (protein synthesis/myotrophic activity) in muscle cells is interesting. Once an androgen is in the circulatory or lymphatic system, its molecules merge with androgen receptors (AR’s…remember that term, there will be a test at the end) thus acting as an AR agonist. (Agonist cause a response…antagonist stop one…unless it is an ex-girlfriend of course) The molecule basically delivers a message to the cell telling it what to do. The reason AAS and other androgen-type compounds are so coveted in the underground is simply due to the fact that they deliver a “make more proteins” message in a get bigger and perform better way. (Did I mention the negative side affects?)

It is possible to do this without hormones and deliver a significant myotrophic message muscles will pay attention to…without the negative side affects.

[size=+1]New Science and Making Old Ideas Actually Work[/size]
(About Time!)

AR
agonists have become the hopeful new science for treating many human wasting conditions by the pharmaceutical industry. The results are increased soft tissue (like muscle) and bone regeneration with increased rate of protein synthesis and a pro-hypertrophic effect as a whole upon lean mass. Naturally the repartitioning affect of starving fat to feed muscle is a pretty cool idea for everyone...and of interest to muscle performance individuals everywhere.

[size=+1]Can It Be Done Without Drugs?[/size]

No, we are not going to tell a tale of some isolated tribe we found on an uncharted South Pacific Island that has become Doubled muscled from some plant they chew or some other BS (what the heck is “double muscled” anyway?). Just old science made to work.

There are several herbal goodies we have been working with for some years now and two of them have shown some remarkable potential value. We knew that several grams ingested daily (good roughage too) resulted in increased lean mass and decreased fat mass as they have been used as a supplement for many years now with marginal success. But the cost to affect ratio just was not possible for a specific active matrix that made it work. In short, poor standardization and production cost left the results a crap shoot.

I can almost hear it already. You are already saying it. “Herbal? That can’t work. Just another scam”. (Really? Um, opium and cocaine are powerful herbals…and seriously illegal on this and a few other planets…just a reminder…and no, not comparing these drugs to Jungle Warfare™)

Hmmm, that’s what some said about Venom Hyperdrive 3.0™ and several other ALR Industries products that redefined the value of correct supplement designs.

Oh yeah, and how about… “…but all the supplement companies are doing herbals now and they all claim their extraction is best”.

Well, maybe they know something most don’t, yet (um, that is our job you know) or maybe ALR Industries will do it again. We do tend to piss off a few people by occasionally proving that the world’s performance progress potential is not solely decided by reference sites from PubMed and/or wanna-be skinny/fat armchair steroid gurus quoting them. Debate all day, but it either works or it doesn’t.

At ALR Industries we are always looking for ways to build a better mouse trap. In this case, we have created a unique proprietary extraction process that results in a much better yield of actual active compounds unique to AR agonists and other pro-hypertrophic substrates present in these herbs. As a result we have seen excellent lean tissue results at a reasonable price with no bans from sporting organizations…yet.

Anyone can get the herbs and eat them (Or knock them of for Knock-Offs.com and swear it is the real deal), but only ALR Industries has the unique extraction process to make them work in the real world the way we all want them too.

[size=+1]What’s So Great About Jungle Warfare™?[/size]
  • Increased myotrophic activity
  • Favorable nutrient repartitioning
  • HPTA modulation
  • Estrogen management
  • Significant Pro-Hypertrophic capacity
  • Anti-Catabolic
Sound interesting?

[size=+1]Before Anyone Starts…[/size]

No, we are not making any claims of treating or curing any diseases or drug like affects, nor are we going to use the banned word ANABOLIC for this amazing herbal Pro-Hypertrophic goodie.

[size=+1]What’s In It?[/size]

Naturally, our design was intended to have a synergistic effect in that one compound’s actions amplifies the others. (I am sure some can think of comparisons to this important point of design)

The result is a synergistic Pro-hypertrophic from ALR Industries featuring an Herbal Proprietary Myotrophic Complex. (Get the name Jungle Warfare™ yet?)

Mormordica Chirantia Extract
We use a specific dual extraction/standardization process that allows us to use both the insulinogenic and non-androgenic AR agonistic fractions unique to a proprietary mormordica chirantia extraction. By doing so, we can foster the hypertrophic event in lean tissue via the two most important mechanisms without the usual negative side effects.

ADED (5a-dehydro-etiocholane-4,6-dien-3-one-17-ol)
Many are aware of both the positive and negative physiological issues relating to the naturally occurring aromatase inhibitory ATD. Most of the benefits are the result of one of its physiological 17-OH metabolites. ADED is a natural non-androgenic metabolite of ATD with improved oral bio-availability. Please, do not confuse this with ATD itself as the difference is very important both in structure and action: Some may recall this one (Refering to the info that follows, not the compound itself) from our Ultra H.O.T.ter matrix but to recap…By modulating estrogen build-up the negative feed-back loop to the hypothalamus is put in check. The result is that the body optimizes natural testosterone production. We use our favorite aromatase inhibitor. One we feel is superior to the MATD we created for Ultra HOTter...(and the blood work with the logs on several boards agrees) to do this and it works pretty well to modulate, instead of obliterate, estrogen. So we still have the right amount of estrogen for optimal growth of lean tissue and positive libido, without the excess water weight and fat feeding aspect.

Conjugated (-)3,4-divanillyl-tetrahydrofuran
We utilize an excellent free testosterone optimizing compound called Conjugated (-)3,4-divanillyl-tetrahydrofuran. This is simply the result of a series of extraction processes performed upon nettle root. Many know of this herb due the anti-aromatase capacity and the studies that show its positive affects upon BHP in men. Some of the nettle extracts also have a positive affect upon the total testosterone to free/activetestosterone ratio. More free testosterone means more “active” (as in the part that really matters) testosterone. Nothing really trick here other than it just works better than one would expect. (Nice for a change when something can be simple and effective). Of course, it is all about effective delivery into the body that makes it an asset.

Proprietary Conjugated Coleonol Extract
Hypotrophic-type receptor health and integrity is paramount to lean tissue optimization. In reality modulation is surprisingly dependant upon cAMP stimulation. Without it, receptor activity down-regulation occurs rapidly and the lean mass promoting symbiotic relationship between hormones goes in the toilet. The ALR Industries Proprietary Conjugated Coleonol Extract supports this need rather well.

Put it all together and Jungle Warfare™ becomes the new generation in health and performance optimization.

[size=+1]ALR Industries is leading the Revolution to Muscular Evolution![/size]

Jungle Warfare™ Pro-hypertrophic, new science only from ALR Industries featuring Herbal Proprietary Myotrophic Complex.

WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 21 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Do NOT consume this product if you have a medical condition and/or taking any prescription medication. Do not exceed recommended serving. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headache, or other similar symptoms.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
[size=+2]Introduction / Summary[/size]

[size=+1]“If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living.” - Gail Sheehy[/size]

Now that my cut is complete it's time to put on some muscle! Thanks to ALRI I have an opportunity to GFH with Pro-Anabol and Jungle Warfare. This log will run for 10 weeks. At the end I'll be posting blood tests!

Dosing will run as follows:

Week 1-4: Pro-Anabol, 2 caps per day, 12 hours apart
Weeks 2-10: Jungle Warfare, 3 caps per day

About Dan

Sex: M

Height: 5'5"

Bodytype: Meso / ecto (I guess, I don't put much faith into the body types)

Training History:
In November 2005 I realized that my pants were getting tight. I stepped on the scale and saw my weight was down from my normal 145 lbs to 140 lbs. That meant I had lost a lot of muscle and gained a lot of fat. I decided to do something about it. I started doing research into nutrition and exercise. I changed my extremely carb heavy diet (75%+) to a much better 50/30/20 diet. I started working out 3 days a week in January 2006 at my college as a gym credit. At the end of the semester (May 2006) I signed up at my local World Gym and have been there ever since. From Jan - May I did a modified Max-OT routine. Once I was in a real gym I started doing a full 5 day a week Max-OT workout. I plateaued in Aug 2006 but still stuck with it. From Aug to the end of last year none of my lifts increased much. I started eating a lot more junk and gained a bit of fat. From Feb to May I cut using HST, losing the fat I had gained before.

[size=+2]Goals / Progress[/size]

My goal is pretty straight forward: put on as much muscle as possible while limiting fat gains.

My schedule will be a 5 week cycle, 4 weeks bulking and 1 week cutting. This should keep fat gains lower. It will also allow me to use a crash diet on the cut weeks since it will be very short (see below for more details). I'll be starting this log on week 3 of the first cycle. That means the first 2 weeks of this log will be bulking and the 3rd week cutting. I may drop the cut week and instead eat at maintenance. We'll see when the time arrives.

I'll be taking pictures at the beginning, end, and every few weeks in between. I update BodySpace daily with my weight and every Sunday with my measurements.

[size=+2]Diet / Nutrition[/size]

My diet plan is going to play a HUGE part in my success or failure. I will be eating CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. I will be eating as much whole and unprocessed food as possible. On off days I'll be consuming 6-7 meals, on workout days I'll be consuming 5 regular meals and a PWO shake followed 1 hour later by a smaller meal (7 meals total).

I took advantage of my recent time off to find my baseline calorie requirements. With minimal exercise my body burns 2800-3200 kcal per day. Somehow I managed to ramp my metabolism way up as this is pretty high for someone my size. Since I want to gain 1-2 lbs a week I have to eat significantly over my requirements. I'm currently eating 3500 kcal on off days and 3900 kcal on workout days. As I gain weight I'll increase my food intake as necessary.

Protein intake will be at least 1.75 grams per lb of body weight. Fats will be consumed at 20% total calories. The remainder of my food will be from carbs. Protein intake will remain constant (based on body weight) with carbs and fats being adjusted on lower calorie days.

As mentioned above, I'll be bulking for 4 weeks and then crash dieting for 1 week. Food intake on the cut week will be very low, most likely 1000-1300 kcal per day. My diet on the cut week will be very low carb (keto) and based on a protein sparing modified fast (PSMF). 4 meals will be high protein and fat with vegetables and 3 meals will be protein shakes with a high level of casein proteins (most likely milk protein isolate) and some flax meal. This may be changed by the time I get to the first cut week so watch for updates.

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

After seeing and feeling the results I got from HST on my cut I'm going to continue using it. There are less changes this time around.
  • 3 full body workouts per week on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday (may switch days around as necessary)
  • Workout will be done at the highest pace possible without disrupting lifts
  • Fast concentric movement, slow eccentrics (4-5 sec)
  • 7 min warm up run followed by some quick stretching
  • Warm up lifts as necessary
  • Reps per week will slowly decrease as follows: 15, 12, 10, 8, 5-6 x 4 (this log will be starting at 10 reps)
  • For the first 5 weeks every Thursday will be max lifts
  • The remaining 3 weeks will be continuous maxes
  • After 8 weeks workout will be reevaluated and possibly changed
I have two workouts. I alternate between them.

Workout A
Squats x2
Leg Curl x1
Leg Extension x1
Bench x2
Chins x2
Rear BB Press x2
BB Shrugs x2
BB Curl x2
Lying Tricep Ext x1
Standing Calf Machine x2
Ab Crunch Machine x3

Workout B
Leg Press x2
SLDL x2
Dips x2
Bent Rows x2
Rear BB Press x2
BB Shrugs x2
DB Curl x1
Preacher Curl x1
1 Arm Tri Exts x1
Standing Calf Machine x2
Rope Crunch x3

[size=+2]Supplements[/size]

[size=+1]Taken Daily[/size]
Weeks 1-4: 2x Pro-Anabol - Taken 12 hours apart
Weeks 2-10: 3x Jungle Warfare - Taken throughout the day
1x Walmart complete multivitamin - Taken with first meal
2x NOW Super EPA fish oil caps, 2x NOW Omega-3 fish oil caps - Spread throughout the day
1x Natrol 500mg Ester-C cap - Taken with second meal
1x Dan's Fire Tips (bulk caps, ~500mg green tea 50% EGCG, ~50mg habanero powder) - Taken before first meal
1x Bulk capped ~500mg green tea 50% EGCG - Taken before 5th meal
3x Primaforce ZMA - Taken before bed (will probably discontinue when I run out)
~1g bulk ALCAR - Taken before first meal

[size=+1]Off Days[/size]
6x bulk capped ~500mg CEE

[size=+1]Workout Days[/size]
Pre-workout:
1 scoop Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
5g WMS

Post-workout:
40g WMS (or dextrose/malto mix)
1/2 banana
13g hydrolyzed whey (yields 10g protein)
12g hydrolyzed casein (yields 10g protein)
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate

[size=+1]Cut Weeks[/size]
3x EAS ThermoDynamX - Taken before first meal
3x Bronkaid (25mg ephedrine) - Spread through the day
2x Primaforce 200mg caffeine - Taken with ephedrine
3x SNS 20mg Synephrine HCl - Take with ephedrine

I will also be experimenting with a few bulk supplements, including berberine, banaba, arginine ethyl ester, AAKG, and waxy maize starch. I will also be testing a few product samples here and there.

[size=+2]Starting & Ending Photos[/size]

(images will be updated at the appropriate time)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey dan, just wanted to say that i picked up some useful tips from your pw log. hope you plan on some innovative ideas on this stack. btw i tried the dump the scoop method a couple of times, great idea.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.2 lbs (Starting Weight)

Today is the first day of Pro-Anabol! Weight will be updated daily.

I will be using a rating system for each topic below. [size=+1][*****][/size] means bad, [size=+1][*****][/size] means average, and [size=+1][*****][/size] means excellent.

[size=+1]Diet[/size]
Today's diet will be ~3900 kcal. I keep my diet clean, with at most one cheat a week and it must stay within daily calorie guidelines.

Today or tomorrow I'll be planning and preparing my food for most of the week. Once I have a standardized daily plan I'll post the specifics.

[size=+2]Pre-workout Nutrition / Supplementation[/size]

[size=+1]T-15 min
1 scoop Purple Wraath + 5g WMS in 12-14oz water[/size]

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]7 min warm up run, 0.8 miles

30 situps
50 crunches
20 pushups

Squats
185x10
185x10

Standing Machine Calf Raises
240x10
240x10

Lying Leg Curl
110x10

Leg Extensions
110x10

Flat Bench
125x10
125x10

Assisted Chins
4 plates x 10 (wide)
4 plates x 10 (narrow)

Barbell Shrugs
235x10
235x10

Standing Barbell Press
85x5
75x5
75x10

Barbell Curls
80x10
80x10

Lying Tricep Extensions
70x10
70x10

Ab Crunch Machine
115x15
110x15
105x15[/size]

[size=+2]Post-workout Nutrition / Supplementation[/size]
[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Good. Nothing really noteworthy.

[size=+2]Stamina / Endurance[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Normal.

[size=+2]Energy / Focus[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Normal high energy. Focus was good. My mind kept wandering to some supplements I've been learning about and some posts I read. At least it was bodybuilding related :)

[size=+2]Pumps / Vascularity[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Despite lower reps pumps were still great! Chest was getting really pumped. I kept getting chest pumps while I was doing shrugs. It was cool and annoying at the same time. Vascularity has definitely improved. I'm getting veins on my biceps and calves.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
No DOMS! Excellent recovery.

[size=+2]Other Observations / Comments[/size]
I kept having a strange metallic taste in my mouth. I've never had that before. Could be from the Pro-Anabol, not sure. Drinking water did nothing to get rid of it. It went away after my workout.

I started the BB press a little high so I dropped the weight.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
hey dan, just wanted to say that i picked up some useful tips from your pw log. hope you plan on some innovative ideas on this stack. btw i tried the dump the scoop method a couple of times, great idea.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear someone got something out of my log :D

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
good luck on the log, I will be watching for results

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am curious if you've ever used ecdy before? i got decent results from anagen and pa looks a lot stronger. btw this is one of the best laid out logs ive seen in awhile. good luck.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
i am curious if you've ever used ecdy before? i got decent results from anagen and pa looks a lot stronger.
Nope, I've never used any ecdy products.

btw this is one of the best laid out logs ive seen in awhile. good luck.
Thanks. I tend to put too much time into my logs. Probably more time than I spend in the gym :eek:

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.8 lbs (+0.6 lbs since start)

Off day

Metallic taste is pretty much gone. Got a hint of it this afternoon but could have been in my mind.

Accomplished a few things today but not enough. I really need a job, money is getting very low (hint hint everyone ;))

[size=+1]Today's Diet[/size]
Today's diet is right on target. I won't be posting full details everyday but today was typical. I decided to go with 6 meals today instead of 7.

3486 kcal
Fat: 69g (19%)
Sat Fat: 16g
Carbs: 452g (48%)
Fiber: 61g
Protein: 274g (33%)

Meal 1
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup skim milk
20g vanilla milk protein isolate
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 med apple
lots of cinnamon

Meal 2
2 slices whole grain bread
74g smoked turkey
7g Sargento reduced fat italian cheese
1 cup skim milk
50g shredded wheat

Meal 3
100g oats
1 cup skim milk
1 med banana
1 Frigo light string cheese

Meal 4
245g brown basami rice
200g frozen vegetable mix
140g smoked chicken
reduced sodium soy sauce (not counted)

Meal 5
2 eggs
5 egg whites
1 toasted whole wheat pita
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes (dip for pita)
2 cups skim milk

Meal 6
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp flaxseed meal

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.4 lbs (+0.2 lbs since start)

Sorry for the delay in yesterday's summary. My parents came into town for my graduation. That's right, I'm now an official college graduate :)

[size=+1]Today's Diet[/size]
Since my parents were here to celebrate I knew my diet would be a bit off. I ate dinner out (salmon) and had a piece of carrot cake as my 6th meal. Calories weren't that much higher than normal.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

35 situps
50 crunches
20 pushups

Leg Press
490x10
490x10

245x10
245x10

SLDL
185x10
185x10

Barbell Shrugs
235x10
235x10

Dips
15x10

Incline DB Press
50x10

Bent Rows
125x10
125x10

Seated Dumbbell Press
40x10
40x10

Dumbbell Curl
42.5x10
42.5x10

Barbell Preacher Curls
50x10

One Arm Tricep Extension
35x10 (poor form)

Rope Crunch
75x15
75x15
75x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Nothing amazing but steady increases.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Above average. Less rest between some sets. Still sweating like crazy though.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Normal high energy and focus.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Great pumps all day. It was a little uncomfortable sitting at the graduation ceremony and getting chest pumps :D

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
No DOMS! Excellent recovery.

Overall a good workout.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One of the best presented logs i have ever seen! Reps for that.

Good luck.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
155.6 lbs (+1.4 lbs since start)

Off day

Big jump in weight today. Probably from all the salt in the fresh mozzella cheese sticks I had last night.

My lats have felt awesome all day. I swear they feel a lot bigger and they keep getting pumps. PA kicking in perhaps?

[size=+2]Today's Diet[/size]
Diet is right on target. Should be 3500 kcal by the last meal. I went with 6 meals today. I may keep it at 6 meals on most days, not sure yet.

Just realized I forgot to post this update yesterday.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.2 lbs (+0 lbs since start)

I don't like these weight fluctuations. If you look at BodySpace you'll see that my weight has been up and down for the past week. I'm not quite sure what's going on. I'm sure today's drop was a result of yesterday's water gain but it shouldn't have dropped that much.

Yesterday's diet did fall short of the target 3500 kcal. It ended up being about 3300 kcal. That shouldn't have caused any drop though since it's still above maintenance.

Going to workout in a few minutes.

Will be updated later. Will be 7 meals and should be 3900 kcal as planned.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

30 situps
50 crunches
20 pushups

Squat
205x10
205x10

Standing Machine Calf Raise
250x10
250x10

Flat Bench
135x10
135x10

Assisted Chins
3 plates x 10 (wide)
3 plates x 10 (narrow)

Barbell Shrugs
245x10
245x10

Seated BB Press
95x10
95x10

BB Curl
80x10
80x10
(form a little loose on the lift)

Lying Tricep Extension
70x10

Ab Crunch Machine
110x15 (1 min rest)
110x15 (10 sec rest)
90x15 (15 sec rest)
70x20[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
A bit above average. Strength is increasing.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Average or maybe even a little below avg. Had to rest more between sets. Breathing pretty heavy. Sweat not as bad today.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Normal energy, focus was a little low as the workout went on. Physically I was there, mentally I wasn't 100% into it today, more like 90%.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Great pumps continue, especially in lats and chest.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
No DOMS. I've decided to make this average since I've been having no soreness now all week.

My mind-muscle connection with my lats has improved significantly. It's like I have a better connection to the nerves. I started noticing this yesterday. They feel much larger too. It's a little weird because they rub on my arms and I'm not used to that sensation.

My chest is looking much larger too. Could be that they're pretty pumped right now, who knows. Measurements on Sunday will tell the truth.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
157.8 lbs (+3.6 lbs since start) :eek:

Off Day

I've been getting cravings for junk food lately so I decided to get it out of the way. I spent the 2nd half of yesterday cramming as much junk down my throat as possible, almost enough to make me sick. I'm sure a lot of the 3.6 lbs I gained overnight was water from all the salt.

Since I pigged out I decided to make today and tomorrow a mini cut. Diet details below.

Today and tomorrow will be at MOST 1530 kcal, with a breakdown as follows:

Fat: 50g (29.5%)
Carbs: 70g (18.5%)
Protein: 200g (52%)

I'm not trying to go keto but carbs are the easiest to cut. I kept enough to prevent brain fog. I have 1.5 tabs of Bronkaid left (ephedrine) so I'll probably be using a few half tabs along with 100mg caffeine. Ephedrine really helps me focus and get things done and I NEED to get things done.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
153.4 lbs (-0.8 lbs since start)

Off Day

BIG weight drop, 4.4 lbs! That's with almost 3g of sodium too. I'm sure most of it was a combination of water and glycogin but damn, that's a lot for me to lose in 1 day.

I decided against doing cardio today. Instead I hung out with friends all day.

I received samples from Neogenix today. I decided to try Thermocharge, their thermogenic. Holy stimulant batman! I'll be posting a review in a week or so after I take the 2nd sample pack but wow, 1 cap had me amped up big time.

I changed my mind. I didn't want tomorrow's workout to suffer so instead of eating 1500 kcal with low carbs I bumped it up a bit. I knew I'd be having a cookout with friends this evening so I made my first 3 meals small, around 200 kcal each. I ate a lot at the cookout but overall I probably ate around 2500 kcal for the day. Still below maintenance but not low enough to negatively impact tomorrow's workout.

Still getting lat pumps today. I'm really liking PA's effect on pumps :)

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.0 lbs (-0.2 lbs since start)

Today is back to my normal 3900 kcal or so. I won't be putting it into FitDay but I'll still be measuring everything. I have a rough idea how many calories each meal should be anyway.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

30 situps
50 crunches
20 pushups

Leg Press
510x8
530x8

260x8
260x8

SLDL
195x8
195x8

Barbell Shrugs
275x8
275x8

Dips
20x8

Incline DB Press
55x8

Bent Rows
135x8
135x8

Seated Dumbbell Press
32.5x12
32.5x12

Dumbbell Curl
45x8

Barbell Preacher Curls
55x8

One Arm Tricep Extension
35x8

Rope Crunch
80x15
80x15
75x20[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Average. No noticable increase in strength.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Average.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Both were good. Mind wandered a little but not while lifting.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Pretty good pumps considering reps were decreased.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
No DOMS.

Workout was ok, nothing spectacular. My form on 1 arm tricep extensions is poor so I'm going to be doing kickbacks instead from now on.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
157.0 lbs (+2.8 lbs since start)

Off Day

Cheated a little on my diet last night. Ate some leftover junk from the binge a few days ago. Not a lot, total calories probably came in around target.

I've noticed increased vascularity on my right bicep. The veins are starting to show up. Pumps are still good.

Today should be fairly normal. I haven't been closely measuring stuff today but will probably come in where it should be.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
155.8 lbs (+1.6 lbs since start)

I spent almost all day yesterday cleaning my car. I detailed the engine bay, washed, clay barred, and waxed it. I'm going to Watkins Glen race track today to visit some friends who are there at a driver's school. I'm hoping to sell it.

Went a bit over on the food last night. Sat down with some shredded wheat and a jar of almond butter. Now I'm not feeling normal this morning. Not really bad, but more like fat/bloated/sluggish. Hopefully it doesn't impact my workout.

I'll be starting my 1 week cut Friday afternoon. It will actually be a bit longer than a week, running through next Saturday. The goal is to see what PA is like with a low calorie, short term cut. That and to lose some of this damned fat.

Workout to be posted later.

I'm cutting my diet back a bit more, this fat build up is bothering me. Target is 3700 kcal. Results to be posted later.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

[size=+1]T-45 min
1 cap Neogenix Velocity XT (stim, details below)[/size]

[size=+1]T-15 min
1 scoop Purple Wraath in 12-14oz water[/size]

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]30 crunches
20 pushups

Squat
215x8
215x8

260x8
260x8

Lying Leg Curl
120x8

Leg Extensions
120x5
125x3

Flat Bench
145x8
145x8

Chins
BW x 8 (wide)
BW x 8 (narrow)

Barbell Shrugs
275x8
275x8

Standing BB Press
85x8
80x8

EZ Bar Curl
80x8
80x8
(much better form)

Lying Tricep Extensions
70x8
(improved form)

Decline Situps
x30

Steep Decline Crunches
x50

Ab Crunch Machine
Drop sets!
110x15 (15 sec rest)
105x8 (5 sec rest)
105x7 (15 sec rest)
100x8 (5 sec rest)
100x7[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Improved a bit. Curls had much better form than last time. Tricep extensions were better too.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Surprisingly it was up a little despite the lethargy I had when I woke up. Chalking it up to Velocity XT.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Both were good. Again, this was thanks to Velocity XT. It probably would have been below average without it.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
I've decided average now means good pumps and hard muscles. Ever since mid last week pumps have been higher than they used to be. PA really comes through quick on this end. Vascularity has been good too. I mentioned the increase in veins on my right bicep. Normally I get one vein that pops on both biceps, towards the top back side. I now have quite a few visible veins on the front of my right bicep. They aren't popping yet but they're visible. The funny thing is that my right bicep is my weaker one.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Yesterday my traps, bis and tris were a little sore. It wasn't noticeable until I used them. I was expecting to be a little sore from all the car cleaning I did yesterday. Nope, nothing.

I decided to try my sample of Neogenix Velocity XT today. After waking up with a bit of lethargy due to the shredded wheat/almond butter binge last night I figured it'd be the perfect day to try it out. I'm not a big fan of regular stim use but this was right right time to use it. I took 1 cap about 45 min before I got to the gym. I have to say I'm very happy with it. I've never taken a thiamine disulfide or dimethylamylamine product before. 1 cap was the perfect amount in this situation. It brought my energy, focus, and stamina back to normal and then even a bit better than normal. I didn't feel shaky, twitchy, or any of the common side effects you get with 200mg of caffeine. The combination of ingredients in this product seems to be just right for me at 1 cap. Now to see how long it lasts. Oh, and around the 1 hour mark I got a rush of heat that lasted for a few minutes.

In the interest of saving time and to see how it would impact my workout I also dropped the warm up run. I stretched cold, something else I never do. I did more warmup sets before each exercise. It didn't seem to have any effect on my workout.

Hello delts! I noticed today that my delts are finally improving. Strength wise they're my weakest muscle. Today while looking in the mirror I noticed they're bigger. Standing with my arms at my sides I can finally see some curve there. Biceps are also growing at a nice rate. My left bicep is shaping nicely but my right is a little flat. Hmm, I just looked at my biceps again. It seems that after getting pumped my right is actually looking a lot better. So cold it's pretty flat, pumped the shape is ok. Now I if I can only get them about 2 inches bigger :D

Since I had extra time at the end of my workout from dropping the run I decided to do additional ab work. The decline angle I used for the situps was perfect to hit my lower abs. It felt really good. The steep crunches were great too, abs were burning by the end.

As I mentioned before I'll be heading to Watkins Glen. I'll be standing and walking around shooting cars so that should make up for the calories I didn't burn by dropping the run.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
156.2 lbs (+2.0 lbs since start)

Off Day

I'm going around to all the local supplement stores to see if they're hiring managers. Wish me luck :D

I decided to drop my caloric intake down by 200 kcal per day. I'm now at 3300 kcal on off days, 3700 kcal workout days.

I'm still up in the air on what I'll be eating next week. Originally I was going to cut every 5th week to keep fat in check. I don't want to negatively impact my gains from PA. I may eat at maintenance or slightly under and shoot for a little recomp instead of an all out cut week. Comments?

For the past week or 2 I've been sleeping less. I rarely use an alarm. I used to wake up after 8 hours, now I usually wake up after 7-7.5 hours. Not sure if it's related to PA, figured I'd make a note of it. I'm not tired from it, it just seems like I need less sleep.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:

On target for 3700 kcal as planned.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]7 min Warm up run, 0.8 miles

30 decline situps
50 decline crunches
20 pushups

Leg Press
580x8
580x8 (PR)

280x8
280x8

SLDL
205x8
205x8
(could go slighly higher)

Barbell Shrugs
285x8
285x8

Dips
30x8
(could go at least 10 lbs higher)

Incline DB Press
60x8

Bent Rows
145x8
145x8
(could go higher)

Seated Dumbbell Press
47.5x8
47.5x8 (PR)

Hammer Curl
50x4

Dumbbell Curl
50x1
47.5x3

Barbell Preacher Curls
60x8

Tricep Pushdown
75x8
(could go higher)

Rope Crunch
80x15
80x15
80x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Strength was up. I hit some PRs and many of the lifts could be a bit higher.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
About average. Heart rate was up a bit but that's from increasing the weights and pushing hard.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Both were good. Despite the increased heart rate I decreased rest time between some of the exercises.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Muscles are still feeling full and pumped 24/7. PA does a GREAT job here! Vascularity on my right bicep is still improving. The veins that showed up last week are starting to pop.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
No DOMs.

Great workout! Hit some PRs and everything felt excellent.

I'm noticing a significant visible increase in muscle size for bis, pecs, delts, and lats. PA has fully kicked in this week. Muscles are feeling much fuller and harder than before PA.

So far the only side I've noticed is increased body acne. A lot of it just showed up on my chest and upper back. I showered with my salisylic acid based face wash and scrubbed with an exfoliation cloth so hopefully it will go away.

I'll be posting a 2 week review of PA this weekend.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:

Same weight for 3 days now.

Today starts 9 days of recomp / cutting. Off days will be around 2500 kcal, workout days will be 3000 kcal. This Saturday and next Saturday will be lower, around 2000 kcal and will include 20 min of HIIT.

2510 kcal
Fat: 58g (22%)
Carbs: 300g (42%)
Fiber: 49g
Protein: 217g (36%)

The macros worked out to my targets. Fats could have been slightly lower and protein slightly higher but close enough.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looking forward to your opinion's about pro-anabol, after 2 weeks. looks like something i might want to add to incarnate/6oxo extreme. very detailed log. btw did you get the job? oh and incarnate rocks.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.2 lbs (same as since start)

Weight dropped down 2 lbs overnight, mostly water. I took 100mg caffeine yesterday afternoon and I was pissing like crazy. Normally it doesn't do that to me but for some reason it did yesterday. I'm increasing water intake today.

I just got back from the gym. I did 20 min on the arc trainer for an indicated 340 kcal burned (so probably more like 300 kcal). I pushed a little harder than normal and my heart rate was a lot higher. Normally I don't break 160 bpm, today I was in the 168-170 range most of the time. I didn't drop below 160 until cooldown.

Will be in the 1800-2000 kcal range. Macros should look something like this:

Fat: 50g
Carbs: 138g (excluding fiber)
Protein: 200g

I'll update later on how it went.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
looking forward to your opinion's about pro-anabol, after 2 weeks. looks like something i might want to add to incarnate/6oxo extreme. very detailed log. btw did you get the job? oh and incarnate rocks.
2 week review will be posted today. None of the supplement stores were hiring managers but I think I'm going to apply for a part time sales associate position at Vitamin Shoppe. I'd like to get some experience in the industry, see what consumers in the area are buying, meet some of the people, etc. The pay sucks but I'm doing it more for the experience.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
2 week review will be posted today. None of the supplement stores were hiring managers but I think I'm going to apply for a part time sales associate position at Vitamin Shoppe. I'd like to get some experience in the industry, see what consumers in the area are buying, meet some of the people, etc. The pay sucks but I'm doing it more for the experience.
Let me tell you from experience, that commission based supplement sales will break your heart very quickly. I did the same a two Summer's back for similar reasons(was a second job). At least you're going with a decent (loose term) retailer out of the big three. I'd love to elaborate further, but you'll figure it all out very shortly if you get hired.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
After thinking about it I've decided to post the review tomorrow. That way I can include tomorrow's measurements in it. I'll probably write up the whole thing today since I already have a general idea of what I'm going to say.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
Let me tell you from experience, that commission based supplement sales will break your heart very quickly. I did the same a two Summer's back for similar reasons(was a second job). At least you're going with a decent (loose term) retailer out of the big three. I'd love to elaborate further, but you'll figure it all out very shortly if you get hired.
They're non-commission. I'd actually prefer commission. I've worked a lot of commissioned jobs, including auto sales. I could apply to GNC at my local mall and work for commission but I prefer Vitamin Shoppe. Plus the location and traffic are much better, in an upper class area.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
152.8 lbs (-1.4 lbs since start)

BodySpace stats updated. They're a bit misleading though. Details to be discussed in the 2 week review.

I must have been holding a lot of water. Pretty large drop in weight over 2 days.

Normally I'd be at the gym right now. I forgot to put my clothing and towels in the dryer when I woke up :( I'll be going this afternoon instead.

Today will be around 3000 kcal.

[size=+1]2 Week Review Of Pro-Anabol[/size]

Positive Effects
  • After 6-7 days my muscles were much fuller and harder. Almost like a 24/7 pump. VERY nice effect. Not from shedding water either, PA seems to have no effect on that.
  • Strength is increasing rapidly.
  • Hypertrophy is good to very good. Delts have just exploded. Unflexed my arms are the same but flexed they're MUCH larger. Lats have gotten wider.
  • Increased mind-muscle connection. I have a much better connection to my lats that started around day 6-7 (same time as fullness). I can feel them much better than before.
  • Increased vasularity. Veins on my right bicep are popping that weren't even showing up before.
  • Minor increase in libido.
Side Effects
  • Significant increase in body acne on shoulders, upper back, and chest.
  • Minor increase in face acne.
  • If taken close to bed it makes falling asleep difficult.
  • Increased sweating. I sweat like CRAZY at the gym now.
Measurement Increases
(unchanged measurements left out)
  • Chest (flexed): +0.25"
  • Shoulders: +0.75"
  • Neck: +0.375"
  • L Bicep (flexed): +0.25"
  • R Bicep (flexed): +0.125" (possible mismeasurement on first day, seems like a bigger increase to me)
  • Forearms: +0.25"
  • Thighs: +0.25"
  • Calves: +0.125"
I'm very happy with PA so far. Not only does it work well for a bulk but with the increase in fullness and vascularity I think it would be a GREAT for contest prep. I can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go :D

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]Squats
225x6
225x6

300x6
300x6

Lying Leg Curl
150x2
140x3

Leg Extensions
140x6

Flat Bench
155x6
155x6

Chins
BW x 6 (wide)
BW x 6 (narrow)

Barbell Shrugs
315x6
315x6

Seated BB Press (behind neck)
105x6
105x6

EZ Bar Curl
90x6
90x6

Lying Tricep Extensions
80x6

Decline Situps
x30

Steep Decline Crunches
x50

Standing Rope Crunch
50x25

Ab Crunch Machine
115x15
105x15
95x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Strength was up again.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
About average.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Average.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Still feeling solid from PA.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
No DOMs.

I ate lunch with friends which took much longer than expected. I didn't get to the gym until around 5:00PM. At least it was dead since it was a Sunday.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:

Off Day

Worked on one of my personal websites all day. Learned quite a few new things in Photoshop. I got the basic design done but none of the content. Let me know what you think!

I took a 45 min walk along the Erie canal this afternoon. It's 2 min from my house and an excellent place to walk, bike, or rollerblade.

Will come out right on target, around 2500 kcal.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
153.2 lbs (-1 lb since start)

Right on target, 3000 kcal.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]7:30 warm up run, 0.83 miles

Leg Press
600x6
600x6

305x6
305x6

SLDL
245x6
255x6

Barbell Shrugs
315x6
315x6

Dips
Couldn't do them, weight belt was missing :mad: Did 2 sets of incline DBs instead.

Incline DB Press
65x6
65x6

Bent Rows
165x6
165x6

Seated Dumbbell Press
50x6
50x6

Dumbbell Curl
50x6 (poor form)

Barbell Preacher Curls
65x6

Tricep Kickbacks
45x6 (poor form)

Decline Situps
x30

Steep Decline Crunches
x50

Rope Crunch
80x15
80x15
80x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
No noticable increase.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Stamina was a bit above average. Probably due to fewer reps.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Average. I had to try hard to focus because there were 2 hot chicks doing some sort of ball humping exercise.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Still feeling solid from PA.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Little bit of soreness in my hams and traps. Didn't interfere with anything though.

Today is day 3 of JW.

Pretty poor form on DB curls and kickbacks. I may do rope curls to try to improve my form. I'm also going to try close reverse grip bench next time for tris.

Had a nice short thunderstorm earlier today. The temp dropped 14 degrees in about 10 minutes. It was nice to cool off.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.8 lbs (+0.6 lb since start)

Off Day

Wow, I feel awesome today! It's great to be lifting heavy again. I have some soreness in my traps, upper back, delts, and glutes. Muscle fullness is ridiculous! I think my upper back is the hardest it has ever been. Biceps are so full and hard that it hurts a little to flex.

A week and a half left to this bottle of PA. I'm watching the double dose logs closely. I may have to try that as part of my contest prep next year.

Will be 2500 kcal as planned.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
154.2 lbs (same as start)

Decided to drop it down a lot this afternoon. Had my normal large breakfast, PWO shake, and 3rd meal. After that I cut all of my meals down to around 200 kcal, mostly protein. Total for the day comes around 2100 kcal.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]7:30 warm up run, 0.83 miles

30 decline situps
20 pushups
40 decline crunches

Squats
235x6
235x6

310x6
310x6

Lying Leg Curl
140x6

Leg Extensions
145x6

Flat Bench
160x6
160x6 (PR)

Pull-ups
BW x 6 (wide)
BW x 6 (narrow)
(weight belt still missing, grrrr)

Barbell Shrugs
315x6
315x6

110x6
110x6

EZ Bar Curl
90x6
90x6
(form a bit better than last time)

Lying Tricep Extensions
80x6
(form improved)

Steep Decline Crunches
x50

Ab Crunch Machine
110x15
110x15
100x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Improved. Squats felt great.

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Average

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Average

[size=+1][*****][/size]
Wow! After my warm up run my legs were feeling pumped and rock hard, it was pretty crazy. 6 pull-ups was enough to give me some really nice lat pumps. Chest was full and pumped. Very good all around!

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][*****][/size]
Recovery is down. Still had some soreness in traps, upper back, and biceps. Nothing that interfered with the workout.

Really good workout today. My MMC was much improved today. During squats I was feeling my quads a lot more than normal. By the end of the workout I could feel most of my muscles better than ever. During the eccentric movement on curls my biceps felt awesome, hard to describe.

I don't know if it's PA just getting better and better or JW kicking in but I'm loving it :)

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:

Off Day

Finally listed my remaining DVD collection for sale on eBay here. Everyone should bid it up so I'll have money for my first PH cycle later this year ;)

Some slight soreness in my traps and upper back. It's just the right amount to feel great :)

I'll be taking a 1 hour walk later this evening.

Will come in around 2100 kcal with 200+ g protein. Tomorrow will also be around 2100 kcal and then Sunday will be back to 3500 kcal on workout days and 3000 kcal on off days.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
152.4 lbs (-1.8 lbs since start)

Off Day

I did a lot of stuff around the house today, cleaning and such. Ended up doing no cardio.

Around 2500 kcal. My roommate made up some excellent venison burgers so not sure of the exact totals.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
152.4 lbs (-1.8 lbs since start)

Feeling the infamous JW lethargy. Too much stuff to get done to give in :)

Workout coming in a few hours.

Will be back at 3500 kcal.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]5 min warm up jog

30 decline situps
20 pushups
50 decline crunches

Leg Press
620x6
620x6

315x6
315x6

Barbell Shrugs
320x6
320x6

Seated Dumbbell Press
52.5x6
52.5x6

SLDL
265x6
265x6

Incline DB Press
65x6
65x6

Bent Rows
175x6
175x6

Cable Curl
52.5x6

Barbell Preacher Curls
70x6

Close Grip Bench
95x9
115x6

Rope Crunch
70x25 (standing)
80x15
80x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g WMS
1 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][***--][/size]
Up a little.

[size=+1][***--][/size]
Average

[size=+1][***--][/size]
Average considering how I ate (see below).

[size=+1][****-][/size]
Arms felt awesome at the end. Cable curls were much better for me than DB curls. Less strain on the wrist, near perfect form.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][***--][/size]
No DOMS.

I tried something a little different today. In a thread on DA dinoiii suggested eating no sooner than 2 hours before working out. Normally I eat about an hour beforehand. In the past I've felt dizzy, hungry, and weak when waiting that long. I haven't done it in a while so I wanted to see how it would be. Everything started out fine. By half way through I was feeling weak and uneasy, a bit like being hypo. I still pushed through it though. After 2 or 3 sets I was feeling normal again. Just for kicks I checked my blood sugar when I got home, it was 82 mg/dL (normal). I'll stick with eating 1 hour before from now on.

I changed my ratings slightly so those who have colors turned off can see it properly.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
155.8 lbs (+1.6 lbs since start)

Off Day

Weight up quite a bit, mostly from water. I decided to eat big last night. Ate a whole chicken (minus the skin), some granola, sesame sticks, plus some other stuff :)

So far the JW lethargy hasn't been that bad. I didn't wake up to piss last night which is extremely unusual (the water retention probably helped there). When I woke up this morning I was feeling pretty sluggish until I ate breakfast. Since then I've been fine.

Aiming for 3000 kcal but being flexible. May be a little higher.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
158.4 lbs (+4.2 lbs since start)

Weight shot up a lot today. I ate some junk food last night, the last for a long time.

Will be 3300 kcal. From now on I'll be eating 3300 kcal on workout days and 2900 kcal on off days.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]5 min warm up jog

20 decline situps
30 decline crunches

Squats
245x6
245x6

Rotary Calf
180x7
190x6
(can do more, first time doing it in a while)

Lying Leg Curl
145x3
140x3

Leg Extensions
150x6

Flat Bench
165x6
165x6 (PR)

Pull-ups
BW x 6 (wide)
BW x 7 (narrow)
(weight belt still missing, grrrr)

Hammer Strength Shrugs (standing)
135x6
135x6
(first time doing these, could do more weight)

115x6
115x6 (PR)

EZ Bar Cable Curl
90x6
100x6

Cable Pushdowns (Rope)
80x6

Ab Crunch Machine
drop sets
115x10
110x15
105x15
100x15
95x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g dextrose
1 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][****-][/size]
Continues to improve. Hit some PRs today.

[size=+1][***--][/size]
Average

[size=+1][***--][/size]
Average

[size=+1][****-][/size]
I continue to be amazed at how easily I get pumped now. One heavy set of 6 is all it takes. Lats and upper back are feeling awesome as I type this, pumped, hard, and tight!

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][***--][/size]
Some minor DOMS, not noticeable once I started lifting.

Good workout. I'm using a bit too much back in my squats but they're improving. I'm focusing hard on keeping as straight as possible but it isn't working well.

EZ Cable curls were awesome. MUCH easier to keep proper form than regular BB curls. I'll probably be sticking with them for a while.

I switched a few other exercises as well. I did rotary calves instead of standing raises because I maxed the standing machine out. I wanted to try the Hammer Strength shrugs to see how different they would be. I like them a lot. I don't need to use straps on them because it keeps hands facing in. I'm a bit short for it though, next time I'll have to find the block of wood.

I decided to switch up WMS for dextrose. I started using WMS around the same time as PA and want to see if it made any difference vs PA's effects. I'll be sticking with dextrose through next week.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
156.6 lbs (+2.4 lbs since start)

Off Day

I was eating too much before. I'm not happy with how much fat I've gained. By cutting back my diet to just over maintenance I hope to eliminate further fat gains. After I'm done with JW I'll be cutting for a few weeks.

This afternoon I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I went for a 20 min shirtless jog with tanning lotion on. When I got back I sweat was pouring off me so I don't know how much of the lotion actually stayed on but I did tan a little. It's so damned hot out, I wish I had AC :(

Today will come around 2900 kcal.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
157.0 lbs (+2.8 lbs since start)

Last night I forgot to take JW until right before bed. I fell asleep right away but slept very lightly. I guess that's good though because rain woke me up at 2AM and my car windows were down. Ended up tossing and turning a bit later on in the night. I don't know if JW is to blame. I'll try taking it right before bed some other night. No lethargy upon waking in the morning.

Today will be around 3200 kcal.

[size=+1]T-15 min

[size=+2]Workout[/size]

[size=+1]7 min warm up run

30 decline situps
20 pushups
50 decline crunches

Leg Press
630x6
630x6 (PR)

Rotary Calf
205x6
205x6

Barbell Shrugs
320x6
320x6

Seated Dumbbell Press
52.5x6
52.5x6

SLDL
265x6
265x6
(Would have gone higher but back was a little sore. Will go up next time.)

Incline DB Press
70x5.5
70x5

Bent Rows
180x6
180x6 (PR)

Cable Curl
60x6

Barbell Preacher Curls
70x6

Close Grip Bench
115x7
125x6

Rope Crunch
85x15
85x15
80x15[/size]

[size=+1]40g dextrose
1/2 banana
~1.5g dicreatine malate
~1.5g creatine gluconate
[/size]
[size=+2]Strength[/size]
[size=+1][****-][/size]
Strength was up again. Hit more PRs today.

[size=+1][****-][/size]
Bit above average. Less rest needed.

[size=+1][****-][/size]
Both a little higher today.

[size=+1][***--][/size]
Great just like they have been for the past week or 2.

[size=+2]Recovery[/size]
[size=+1][**---][/size]
Back was sore from squats on Tuesday. I knew I was bending too much despite trying not to.

Pretty good workout, above average. Leg presses can go higher again next time. I'm liking cable curls a LOT more than DB curls. No wrist pain at all. I think I'm going to start doing wrist curls to bring up their strength.

I have 2 weeks left to this cycle of HST. Full body workouts have been great for me but I want to switch it up. I've started planning my new workout. It will most likely be a 3 day on 1 off routine. I'll be hitting everything twice per week that way. Each day will be different exercises (eg leg day 1 will focus on quads, leg day 2 will focus on hams). I'll post more details when I come up with them :)

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Great Log so far DD! Nice work! :thumbsup:

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
156.6 lbs (+2.4 lbs since start)

Off Day

Weight down slightly from yesterday. If weight drops again tomorrow I'll increase my off days to 3000 kcal and workout days to 3500 kcal.

No lethargy today :) Only a few days left on PA. Full review with measurements and pictures will follow!

Will be ~2900 kcal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you noticed a difference in your between sets recovery?

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards

Weight:
156.4 lbs (+2.2 lbs since start)

Off Day

Weight down again :( I'm bumping calories up starting today. On a positive note it seems that my stomach fat may have decreased. I'll know for sure when I do measurements on Tuesday for my final PA review. I can't believe it has been 4 weeks already!

HST recommends eccentrics for the final 2 weeks but that's not doable for most exercises since I workout alone. Instead I'll be doing drop sets. I'm planning on doing one drop set per exercise consisting of 3-4 drops with minimal rest. I've never done them before so I'll see how that goes and take it from there.

Going to a BBQ tonight. I adjusted the rest of my meals to leave 700 kcal available to hit 3000 kcal total for the day but I'll probably go a little over. No worries, need to makeup for the weight lost over the past few days.

DriverDan

DriverDan

Awards
Have you noticed a difference in your between sets recovery?
Not really. I only do 2 sets per exercise though so I have no idea if it helps with 3+ sets like most people do.