Iron’s ALRI Evolution Log (JW/BAM/PA/Restore)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Okay guys, this looks to be a long one. So hope you’re ready for the long haul. I want to first thank FitnFirm and the rest of the guys/gals over at ALRI for letting me partake in the new and improved stack. I’ve been wanting to try this bad boy out for a while.

I am going to run ALRI’s badassmass Evolution Stack:

JungleWarfare Wks 1-4 ~ 3 caps/day
BadAssMass Wks 3-6 ~ 2 caps/day
ProAnabol Wks 5-8 ~ 2 caps/day
Restore Wks 7-10 ~ 3 caps/day

In the ten weeks I am looking to put on atleast 5lbs. Hit the 210 mark. And sit at the same or lower BF %. Anything beyond this will be a big bonus.

I am currently sitting at 200lbs upon waking and 205lbs before bed. My BF% is probably around 8%.

I am looking to change up my workout routine in 2 weeks. I am traveling to NC to visit some friends and get away from work for a while. I will hit the gym while down there and will bring my supplements with me. I will eat as well as I can. I am going to make my friend drive me to the local supp store to pick up the essentials for the time I am there. I’m anal, I know. After I get back I am revamping my workout, I am currently planning this out with the help of some smart dudes.

Right now I am still using my 2 on 1 off method…
1. Legs
2. Chest/Tris
OFF
1. Back/Bis
2. Delts/Traps/Forearms
OFF
Repeat
*Calves and Abs every workout, no cardio

My diet is still the same and will not change…6 meals per day, tapering carbs down at night and taking in more fats. Cals are highest at meals surrounding workouts. I eat primarily unprocessed foods with meals every 2-3 hrs. Carb sources are Rolled Oats, Brown Rice, Steamed Veggies, Fruit, Nuts, and Rice Cakes. Fat sources are Natural PB, Almonds, and Egg yolks. Protein sources are Eggs, Tuna, Rolled Oats, ON 100% Whey (switching to TrueProtein once I run out), ON Casein (switching to TrueProtien once I run out), Almonds, Natural PB, Cottage Cheese (sparingly). I keep sodium low and sugars almost non-existent.

In the end I take in 3500 cals, at a ratio of about 55P/35C/20F.

Supplementation is basically…

CEE at about 7.5g on workout days, and 5 on non
BCAAs at 15g per day
Low dose stim in the morning, which is currently 1 StimX but may change
Glucosamine 1500mg
Fish Oil 3g
Multi 2xday
Metamucil 1tbsp per night

I am looking to get the ball rolling on Monday. I am still waiting on the BAM from the online retailer…I used someone new, so we will see how it works out. I’m sure it will make it here on time.

I’m gonna be updating this log on Anabolicminds.com (PumpingIron), Anabolicbeast.com (PumpingIron) and Bodybuilding.com (Pumping.Iron)

I will be updating this log 2-3 times per week and answering all questions at that time.

Questions…Comments…Verbal Abuse...???

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
looks like you are overlapping by 1 week. that looks good. i actually responded to anagen, so i am looking forward to your results on pa. good luck.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You no cardio guys really pizz me off. I ran the evo stack (minus the PA) and liked it quite a bit. For me I really didnt start to notice changes (strength, generally good feeling) until I got the last week of BAM.

Good luck

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Looks like a real solid plan. I'll follow closely as I'm very interested in the non hormone hormonal products (if that makes sense).

My favorite is the part about no cardio. :thumbsup:

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a real solid plan. I'll follow closely as I'm very interested in the non hormone hormonal products (if that makes sense). :
ya me too so i can have something until i can do the hormones again. lol

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
ya me too so i can have something until i can do the hormones again. lol
True. I'm planning on running Torem, Mass FX, and IGF-2 after I stop my Epi cycle. Then it's on like Donkey Kong with Test and Tren. :twisted:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually gonna change the routine come monday....I'll keep you guys updated.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
True. I'm planning on running Torem, Mass FX, and IGF-2 after I stop my Epi cycle. Then it's on like Donkey Kong with Test and Tren. :twisted:
NICE!!!! i'm gonna use mass fx in my pct also with torem and jungle warfare. I wanna see how this non hormonal stack works out so i can have a nice bridge.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
NICE!!!! i'm gonna use mass fx in my post cycle therapy also with torem and jungle warfare. I wanna see how this non hormonal stack works out so i can have a nice bridge.
Jungle Warfare could be a good addition too! Maybe some Retain 2 too! With all of this new stuff out it's like you don't even have to sweat coming off, which equals a much lower likelihood of me turning into an Anabolicaholic and my 6 week cycle turning into a 10 month + cycle. But that's another story...:rant:

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
Jungle Warfare could be a good addition too! Maybe some Retain 2 too! With all of this new stuff out it's like you don't even have to sweat coming off, which equals a much lower likelihood of me turning into an Anabolicaholic and my 6 week cycle turning into a 10 month + cycle. But that's another story...:rant:
I was thinkin about running retain 2 also....man you could come off and go right into the alri or AX non hormonal stack. You could always be on something....this is a dream come true! :rofl:

SFriday

SFriday

Awards
I'm interested in running a very similar stack in a month or so. Good luck bro.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm petitioning to get the shoutbox back...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
subscribed...

Iron, I am currently planning out a new workout routine and I am thinking of going with a 2 on 1 off approach like you have. If you don't mind, I was wondering if you could go into detail a little bit?

Exercises, Number of sets/reps...:study:

I know you said you were going to be heading out of town so I understand if you don't have time. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks bro.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
subscribed...

Iron, I am currently planning out a new workout routine and I am thinking of going with a 2 on 1 off approach like you have. If you don't mind, I was wondering if you could go into detail a little bit?

Exercises, Number of sets/reps...:study:

I know you said you were going to be heading out of town so I understand if you don't have time. Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks bro.

I'm changing my sh*t up tomorrow...But I have a detailed version of my old routine on the board already.

I'm taking a girl and my dog to the beach right now though. I'll find it when I get back.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Alright thanks Iron. Are you changing routines because the other one wasn't working or just to change things up?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I've been using the 2/1 routine for about 4 months or so. It's time to change things up for me.

I got some new ideas about training too, so I am going to try some things out.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im in.

id run the PA and Restore at the same weeks.

im interested in your new routine. when you post could you explain your reasoning for this new method.? (if it is of your creation)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Just a modified version of another guy's method.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
PP, I might dose it that way myself if I wasn't running a log for ALRI...I'll do it thier way unless they ask otherwise...ya know?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck PI, very interested in seeing how this pans out for you.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice log :) But where are all the nudes you promised me :rant:

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Good luck PI! I just noticed ur log. BAM and JW are great I can't wait to put all of these together and run them.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I started today.

I took Friday-Sunday off from my diet, from training and from getting enough rest.

I started the first dose of JW this am.

As far as my new training goes I borrowed this from powerhouse over on another board. He took a combo of westside bbing, 8x8 and german volume training. Basically it is a combo of quick 8x8 and 8x6 sets with your 20 rm and then sets of 20 with your 20 rm...quick workouts, high intensity. It should prove to promote hypertrophy pretty well. I don't see it giving me any amazing gains in lifts because muscularity seems to be the number 1 benifit.

The basic shell is:

Day 1
Incline BB Bench 8x8 (50% 1rm)
DB Military 6x8 (60% 1rm)
Dips 5x8 (20rm)
Flat DB Fly 3x8
Side laterals 3x8
Close Grip Bench 3x8

Day 2:
Squat 8x8 (50% 1rm)
Leg Curls 8x8 (20rm)
Close Stance Hack 8x8 (20rm)
Calf Raises 3x30seconds

Day 3:
Deads 4x8 (50% 1rm)
BB Row 8x8 (20rm)
DB Shrugs 8x8 (20rm)
Pulldowns 6x8 alternating grips (20rm)
Preacher curls 8x8 (20rm)

Day 4:
Flat BB Bench 8x2 (70% 1rm)
BB Military 5x2 (6rm)
Overhead Tri Extensions 5x5 (10rm)
Incline DB Bench 1x20 (20rm)
Rear laterals 1x20 (20rm)
Rope Pressdown 1x20 (20rm)

Day 5:
Front Squats 8x2 (70% 1rm)
Deads 8x2 (70% 1rm)
BB Shrugs 1x20 (20rm)
SLDL 1x20 (20rm)
DB Row 1x20 (20rm)
Calf Raises 1x60seconds

Day 6 & 7:
OFF

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that looks like a good routine. very interesting i think i want to try it. only thing there is only one or two direct bi and tri exercises in there....do you have a lead i can follow, maybe talk with this powerhouse guy or get a lil more info?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I think you are getting enough work indirectly with this routine, when it comes to your arms. Plus I personally have pretty big arms. I think I can proportion myself better with less direct work.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Plsu I'm basically naked in my avatar...you can't prove otherwise.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Iron, is there any way that I can get a generalization of how many working sets and rep rang, because I think I am going to steal that 2-on 1-off routine of yours. Its just with the amount of exercises per body part on here I want to make sure that I am not overdoing it.

thanks again man

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I walk on a thin line with overtraining myself....

As far as rep scheme goes...

Most are 3 sets...8 reps, 8 reps, 4-6 reps

Both Presses have a warmup set of 12, a set of 8,6,2, then a drop set without any rest of another 4.

Then with shrugs I will do 4 sets, all heavy...8,8,8,6

concentration curls I pyramid, 5 sets of 8.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
sweet... I am starting today I think I should be fine I am not usually too prone to overtraining.

thanks alot man

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to say that for the rest of this log, I would like the conversation to revolve around training, diet and supplementing, more specifically supplementing with ALRI products.

I mean 2 pages and I just started today...?...

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Iron, I promise this will be my last post on my routine. I just wanted to Iron out all the kinks. I have made a few adjustments in it better fit me.

1 - I switched the bi's and tri's up, after I finish chest my tris are done.

2 - I have took out some of the excersises, because my stamina is def. not up to your level yet.

Here it is...

2 on - 1 off
(Calves and Abs on all workout days)
1) Chest/Bi:
Flat Bench (4 x 8,6,4, drop set of 6)
Incline Bench (4 x 8,6,4, drop set of 6)
Cable Crossover (3 x 8-10)
Preacher Curls (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Concentration Curls (5 x 8)
Hammer Curls (3 x 8,8,4-6)
C/Seated Raises
A/Decline Situps

Legs:
Leg Press OR Squat (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Stiff Leg Dead Lift (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Good Mornings (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Leg Extension (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Leg Curl (3 x 8,8,4-6)
C/Raises on Leg Press
A/Hanging Leg Raise

3) OFF

4) Back/Tri:

Wide Grip Pulls (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Cable Rows (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Iso. Lat Pulldowns (cable) (3 x 8,8,4-6)
DB Row (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Weighted Dips (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Kickbacks (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Cable Pressdown (1 pulley) (3 x 8,8,4-6)
C/Machine raises
A/Swiss Ball

5) Delt/Trap/Forearm:
DB OR BB Military Press (4 x 8,6,4, drop set of 6)
Side Lateral Raises (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Front Lateral Raises (3 x 8,8,4-6)
BB Shrug (4 x 8,8,8,6)
Upright Row (3 x 8,8,4-6)
Wrist Curls on Preacher (Extension/Curl with no rest in between) (3 x 15)
C/Seated Raises (1 leg)
A/Modified crunch on bench

6)OFF

REPEAT

Let me know what you think, I figured the colors might make it a little more appealing to actually look through.

Again, I wanted to thank you for all the help, and also give you back your thread.:cheers:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I love talking about training man...don't sweat that. I meant off topic stuff, ya know? Just to keep the log filled with some substance....

But I like it. I used to do Bis with Chest and Tris with Back...

Let me know how it works out for ya.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
alright thanks Iron, I will be here and I am looking forward to seeing great results in this log.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
quick update....cuz im pissed. I bought a sweet pill holder from REI that holds a week worth of all my supplements and lost it. So there goes a week of jungle warfare.

i can't understand what happened to it...im pissed.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chad's log is boss fwiw. :rofl:

PI, how are your calories looking? Above or below maintenance? I assume your running this to gain mass but I noticed you seem to be relatively lean throughout your last couple of logs.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chad's log is boss fwiw. :rofl:

PI, how are your calories looking? Above or below maintenance? I assume your running this to gain mass but I noticed you seem to be relatively lean throughout your last couple of logs.
Food for thought: How many calories above maintanence (if any) are necessary to build musclemass?

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
quick update....cuz im pissed. I bought a sweet pill holder from REI that holds a week worth of all my supplements and lost it. So there goes a week of jungle warfare.

i can't understand what happened to it...im pissed.
:whiner:

I thought JW was an anti-estrogen.

J/K bro! :ntome:

:icon_lol:

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Food for thought: How many calories above maintanence (if any) are necessary to build musclemass?
Isnt that different for everyone? If not, please tell me and I will eat that amount :box:

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
As most people are striving for the ever infamous "lean" bulk, 500 calories above maintenance is what I usually aim for. This puts me at about 3,500 above maintenance for week.

If you want to gain body weight, you must consume more calories than you burn. One pound of body weight is roughly equivalent to 3500 calories, so eating an extra 500 calories per day will cause you to gain one pound a week.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if it will cause you to gain 1lb per week, but it does make for a pretty nice recomp effect.

I take in somewhere around 3500~3700 cals per day. I'd like to put on a few more lbs before August. I'm going to be doing some fun stuff that month...

But yea, I like to stay lean, sub 10% always. This will be no different.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and I realized that since there are 2 extra days of JW in the bottle and I only had enough through sunday in the case, that I actually only lost 3 days of JW...it still blows but what can ya do?

Quick update (day 3):

Nothing really to report about JW, but my new routine is killing me. I feel to the floor after my 3rd exercise out of 4...