Rodja's Hyperdrol x-2/Pre-fight log

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't want to announce this until it was official, but I am fighting at the Lonestar Beatdown in College Station, TX on April 27th. I am also going to be logging my experience with Hyperdrol X2 c/o Macedaddy and the AX team. My training is going to be increased over the next month to 6x/wk with two-a-days sprinkled throughout the week. Here is by new breakdown-
Mon- Stand-Up/cardio
Tue- Chest/Back, BJJ
Wed- Cardio, wrestling
Thur- Legs, BJJ
Fri- Stand-Up, arms/delts
Sat - BJJ
Sun -OFF

I am fighting at a WW level and my weight as of today is 179 so I have 9 lbs to cut, which is not too much.

Measurements -
Arms - 15 1/4"
Chest - 44"
Waist - 31"
Thighs - 26"

Tomorrow starts the beginning of my adventure...

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed as Im very interested in H2.

Good luck with your training and your fight Rodja!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Indeed, I'll be watching this one Rodja. Good luck with everything man.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Subscribed. Can't wait to start mine too!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
How tall are ya Roj?

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Subscribed, I thought you were a longhorn Rodja what are you doing in aggieland.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed, I thought you were a longhorn Rodja what are you doing in aggieland.
I am not really a longhorn, per se, but I do pull for them in football and basketball. I am taking an adventure into Aggieland for only professional reasons. Fortunately, I do have some friends that live in CS, so I don't have to rent a hotel or worry about any of that BS.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I'm subbed! Best of luck Rodja! :bruce3:

What's your specialty? Stand up :nutkick: or submission? :gas:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm subbed! Best of luck Rodja! :bruce3:

What's your specialty? Stand up :nutkick: or submission? :gas:
My plan for this fight is to rely on my submissions, but I am still going to throw some bombs in there.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
How many fights have you had, and do you have 24 hours between weigh in and the fight (BIG Difference on the weight cutting)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many fights have you had, and do you have 24 hours between weigh in and the fight (BIG Difference on the weight cutting)
Weigh-in is the night before and this is my first pro fight. I am going to try to get to ~175 and then cut the water.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
My plan for this fight is to rely on my submissions, but I am still going to throw some bombs in there.

That's cool bro! Nothing like a good submission fighter that can go for an arm bar and then transition into a kimura or something else! :duel:

And you kinda look like Wanderlei Silva :icon_lol: so you must be a fan of some nasty knees! He's a bad bad man!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's cool bro! Nothing like a good submission fighter that can go for an arm bar and then transition into a kimura or something else! :duel:

And you kinda look like Wanderlei Silva :icon_lol: so you must be a fan of some nasty knees! He's a bad bad man!
My favorite submission combo is either the omoplata into a triangle or the omoplata into a toe hold.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Good If you got a day, cut all you want, have fun and keep that cardio up!

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
What do you think of Fedor and Cro cop? I think its funny that Cro Cop left Pride so to go to UFC. Its so great watching Fedor take down guys 3 to 5 times his size!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you think of Fedor and Cro cop? I think its funny that Cro Cop left Pride so to go to UFC. Its so great watching Fedor take down guys 3 to 5 times his size!
Crocop left for the UFC for one simple reason: $$. He was offered more money to fight for the UFC and he took it. Word is that he wants to finish his contract in 2 years to maybe fight Fedor at Shockwave 2008.

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Crocop left for the UFC for one simple reason: $$. He was offered more money to fight for the UFC and he took it. Word is that he wants to finish his contract in 2 years to maybe fight Fedor at Shockwave 2008.
I heard it was b/c he wanted to be a heavyweight Champion but hell why not get more money at the same time! If he does fight Fedor again, who knows what will happen in the ring.

Is your fight going to be broadcast or will you be able to upload it on here sometime?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I heard it was b/c he wanted to be a heavyweight Champion but hell why not get more money at the same time! If he does fight Fedor again, who knows what will happen in the ring.

Is your fight going to be broadcast or will you be able to upload it on here sometime?
I plan to upload it to youtube or a similar sight. If I can get a video, then I will post a link.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Naturally, my package was delivered while I was at BJJ, so I will start my dosing tomorrow. I have decided to switch my Arms/delts to Tuesday and Chest/Back to Friday.

My workout today was

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press (rep range was from bottom of jaw to slightly above head) superset with Side Laterals - 2 plates x10/25x12, 2 plates x 9/25x12

Giant Set (2 sets)
Campered Bar Curl - 95x8
Lying Extensions - 95x8
Close Grip Cable Curls -110x8
Pushdowns - 120x12

Hammer Curls superset w/ Facepulls - 40x8/50x12, 40x8/60x12
Rear Delt Machine - 120x10, 120x10

I had 8 matches in an hour at BJJ with me submitting 6 and tapping 2 times. I was focusing on my conditioning and I felt good. Looking forward to dosing my HX2 tomorrow (it's only a day away).

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed! Looks like the making of a great log. I'm very interested in you fight as well. :thumbsup:

Workin

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Lookin good in here. You posting before pics? JW.

GL man!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was my first day to use the HX2, so it is too early to say what effect it is having, but my training is going very smoothly. Today was Legs and BJJ; I focused mainly on technique in BJJ for certain situations during my fight. My leg routine was;

Superset (3 sets)
Unilateral LP - 2 plates x 10
Unilateral Lying Leg Curl - 50x12

Barbell Lunges - 105x10 per leg; 3 sets
Ballistic Step-Ups - 95x6 per leg; 3 sets
Core - Hyperextentions, Trunk rotations, weighted crunches

I do lower volume on legs and focus on explosive strength for several reasons: 1. my legs grow if I do heavy weights, 2. hip flexor strength is a HUGE priority for me, and 3. I don't want to overtrain my lower back w/ heavy squats and/or SLDL's

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Today was my first day to use the HX2, so it is too early to say what effect it is having, but my training is going very smoothly. Today was Legs and BJJ; I focused mainly on technique in BJJ for certain situations during my fight. My leg routine was;

Superset (3 sets)
Unilateral LP - 2 plates x 10
Unilateral Lying Leg Curl - 50x12

Barbell Lunges - 105x10 per leg; 3 sets
Ballistic Step-Ups - 95x6 per leg; 3 sets
Core - Hyperextentions, Trunk rotations, weighted crunches

I do lower volume on legs and focus on explosive strength for several reasons: 1. my legs grow if I do heavy weights, 2. hip flexor strength is a HUGE priority for me, and 3. I don't want to overtrain my lower back w/ heavy squats and/or SLDL's
Looks like a great start! ;)

Workin

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was my stand-up and chest/back day. My endurance was pretty good this morning despite the humidity and I and really focusing on my footwork leading into the fight. My lifts today were -

Superset (3 sets)
Incline BP - 185x6
Bent-Over Rows - 205x12

Hammer Strength Press - 2 plates x8, 7
V-Handle Cable Rows - 150x10, 10

Superset (2 sets)
Pulldowns - 150x10
Dip Machine - 270x12

Hyperextensions - 3 sets of 15

I am hoping that the HX2 helps me with a recomp. I would like to stay around the same weight, but increase my strength as well. I had a good pump today and I am excited about what happens once the HX2 really builds up in my system.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So here is a funny story: I was doing my morning cardio yesterday and I took one of my dogs with me (she has been really hyper lately and I thought this would calm her down). About 1/5 into the run, she decides that she is done and slips out of her collar and I spend about 5 minutes trying to corner her to put her collar back on and to finish the run. How is this relevant you say...well, I was having to sprint to catch the damn dog and I didn't get extremely fatigued and I feel as though my blood is adapting (gotta love those enzymes).

I will take my weight on Thursday morning to see whether or not I need to get more restrictive on the diet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was arms/delts and BJJ in the evening. My lifts were:
Close Grip BP - 205x8, 215x8 (PR)
HS Shoulder Press - 2 plates x8, 2 plates+10x8

Superset
Campered Curls w/ Lying Ex - 95x10/90x8 (3 sets)
Tricep Pressdowns w/ Unilateral Side Laterals - 140x12/35x8, 150x10/35x8
Incline Rear Flys w/ Facepulls - 25x10/50x15, 25x10/60x15
Semi-supinated Curls w/ Cable Curls - 40x8/120x10, 40x8/120x9

BJJ was focused towards conditioning with a little technique. I felt good as far as cardio goes so I am not too concerned about my conditioning heading into the fight. I usually have about 3 hours between lifting and BJJ, but I only had enough time to grab a quick meal today and I still didn't gas out.:head:

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
So here is a funny story: I was doing my morning cardio yesterday and I took one of my dogs with me (she has been really hyper lately and I thought this would calm her down). About 1/5 into the run, she decides that she is done and slips out of her collar and I spend about 5 minutes trying to corner her to put her collar back on and to finish the run. How is this relevant you say...well, I was having to sprint to catch the damn dog and I didn't get extremely fatigued and I feel as though my blood is adapting (gotta love those enzymes).

I will take my weight on Thursday morning to see whether or not I need to get more restrictive on the diet.
:icon_lol: I feel your pain Ive had to chase my bastard of a dog several times. There's nothing like cutting through neighbors yards at 7 in the morning.:icon_lol:

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think they do it on PURPOSE! :toofunny:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry I haven't updated for the past few days; my internet has been jacked up.

Thursday was Legs and BJJ

Giant Set - 10 reps with a 90 lb bar on my back (lunges were 10 per leg) for 3 sets with 45 seconds rest
Good Mornings
Front Squats
Lunges
SLDL

Explosive Step-Ups w/ Unilateral Leg Curl - 95x5/50x10 (3 sets)

In BJJ I didn't do any free rolling, but focused on mount escapes and passing guard techniques.

Friday was Cardio and Chest/Back

DB Incline - 60x10, 75x8, 80x6
Bent Over Rows - 185x12, 225x10, 245x8

Superset
Dip Machine - 240x12, 255x12, 270x12
Pulldowns - 140x10, 150x8, 150x8

Superset
HS Rows (neutral grip) - 2 plates+25x10 (3 sets)
Flat BP - 135x10 (explosive concentric)

Cardio was about where I expected it to be because of the humidity from the ridiculous amount of rain the past couple of days

HX2 observations - increased acne, better recovery even while in a slight kcal deficit, great pumps, no change in libido

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds good!

are you nearly fight ready?
My cardio during sparring is great, but there is always the adrenaline dump that I have to worry about. I weighed 176 this morning, so I am about where I want to be.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight is holding at 176, but my waist is down to 30.5". All of the training is starting to catch up to me and I am very tired. On the plus side, my lifts and strength are definitely up. It was very evident to me when I was rolling with a guy that weighed 270. Yesterday was my arms/delt workout.

Close Grip BP - 135x15, 185x8, 225x5 PR
DB Press (bottom half of rep) - 50x12, 60x10, 75x6

Supersets
Campered Curls w/ Lying Ex - 95x10/95x10 (3 sets)
Pushdowns w/ Behinid-the-back Cable Laterals - 150x12/20x12, 150x12/30x8
Cable Curls w/ Facepulls - 110x12/50x15, 110x12/60x15

HX2 observations - acne is getting worse (but still tolerable), libido is up, strength/recovery is up, endurance has stagnated a little, muscles feel full even in a kcal deficit:head:

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Weight is holding at 176, but my waist is down to 30.5". All of the training is starting to catch up to me and I am very tired. On the plus side, my lifts and strength are definitely up. It was very evident to me when I was rolling with a guy that weighed 270.

HX2 observations - acne is getting worse (but still tolerable), libido is up, strength/recovery is up, endurance has stagnated a little, muscles feel full even in a kcal deficit:head:
Hey Rodja,

Nice work so far! Bro, you were rolling w/ a guy 100 lbs heavier than you? :jaw: No wonder you were exhausted! :D

Looks like very good results from the HDX2! :woohoo:

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
WHen you gonna post up the pics of you whooping some ass? Maybe a teaser video or something?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Still following bro --- seriously CANT WAIT to see that fight vid. lookin forward to that --- Keep up the good work...looks great.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I plan on posting the video of my fight, so look out for that in a couple of weeks. I know that I need to rely on my BJJ in this match, so I am focusing on takedowns and submission combos.

I did Chest/Back today, but I had a terrible workout; my strength and focus just were not there today, plus my left shoulder was in a lot of pain.

HS Flat Press - 1 plate+35x8, 8
Dips w/ Lat Pulldowns - 255x12/140x8, 270x12/140x8, 270x12/140x8
Cable Rows - 140x12, 150x10
Incline Flys - 35x12, 35x12

I did stand-up and conditioning in the morning and I think that is what drained me.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Hyperdrol made me a beast in BJJ endurance and power!!! the pumps were pretty crazy in my wrists and forearm/elbow pit.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Nice Brah, looking forward to seeing it. Nice workouts your pretty strong for 170. Rolling with a 270er impressive, good luck to ya and keep on keeping on.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I plan on posting the video of my fight, so look out for that in a couple of weeks. I know that I need to rely on my BJJ in this match, so I am focusing on takedowns and submission combos.

I did Chest/Back today, but I had a terrible workout; my strength and focus just were not there today, plus my left shoulder was in a lot of pain.

HS Flat Press - 1 plate+35x8, 8
Dips w/ Lat Pulldowns - 255x12/140x8, 270x12/140x8, 270x12/140x8
Cable Rows - 140x12, 150x10
Incline Flys - 35x12, 35x12

I did stand-up and conditioning in the morning and I think that is what drained me.
sorry to hear........

keep us posted! :thumbsup:

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
lovin the log Rodja!!! best of luck in the fight and can't wait to see the performance!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday was Arms/Delts and BJJ

HS Shoulder Press - 2 platesx10, 10

Supersets
Lying Extensions w/ Campered Curls - 95x8/95x10, 95x8/95x10
Pushdowns w/ Facepulls - 110x15/50x15, 140x10/60x15, 150x8/70x15
Unilateral Side Laterals w/ Hammer Curls - 35x8/50x8, 35x8/50x8

BJJ was good except that one of the new guys put me in a neck crank and left me unable to turn to the right. I was trying to let him work positions and then the bastard pulled that cheap **** on me, so I had to choke him out.

Today during sparring, I got caught with a big left hook right on the jaw, but I kept my composure and continued to press. I figure if I can hang with a 225 lb'er then I can hang with a WW.

HX2 observations - strength and recovery are good, acne has subsided, sleep is good and libido is up...way up.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was Arms/Delts and BJJ

HS Shoulder Press - 2 platesx10, 10

Supersets
Lying Extensions w/ Campered Curls - 95x8/95x10, 95x8/95x10
Pushdowns w/ Facepulls - 110x15/50x15, 140x10/60x15, 150x8/70x15
Unilateral Side Laterals w/ Hammer Curls - 35x8/50x8, 35x8/50x8

BJJ was good except that one of the new guys put me in a neck crank and left me unable to turn to the right. I was trying to let him work positions and then the bastard pulled that cheap **** on me, so I had to choke him out.

Today during sparring, I got caught with a big left hook right on the jaw, but I kept my composure and continued to press. I figure if I can hang with a 225 lb'er then I can hang with a WW.

HX2 observations - strength and recovery are good, acne has subsided, sleep is good and libido is up...way up.
Nice update...sounds like things are going well! Good to hear. :)

Workin