SoMdHunter's ALR Industries Sponsored Evolution (BAM-Jungle Warfare-Restore) Log

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I would like to thank all the staff members at ALR Industries for selecting me as one of their testers for their Evolution Stack consisting of BAM, JW and Restore. If these supplements are anything close to their PRIMED and N’Gorge stack, this will be a lot of fun!

For those of you who are not familiar with any of my logs, I want to get this out in the open right up front. I don’t really care if anything thinks I am weak or strong, I’m not competing against any of you. I’m competing against myself, so I judge all my exercises as being easy, moderate, heavy, very heavy or muscle failure. These efforts are all relative to me. I don’t have an ego to worry about so you will be able to see the exact weights I lift, the order in which I lift them and how hard it was to complete the lifts.

During this testing, my food intake will remain relatively unchanged so as to eliminate this as a variable. My macro's consist of chicken, lean beef/venison, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, wheat breads, green beans and other fresh vegetables, brown rice, oats, salmon, Mahi Mahi, venison, tuna, eggs, cottage cheese, multi-vitamins and protein shakes.

My routine will generally fall into a 2 day split, although I may lift for 3 straight days before taking a break, depending on the workload with my job.

My typical week of lifting will usually look like this:

Monday Shoulders/Traps
Tues Legs
Wed Off
Thurs Back/Bi’s
Fri Chest/Tri’s
Sat Off
Sun Off

At the end of this log, I will post a summation of how the stack affected my lifts, strength, endurance and overall impression of the products. If anyone has questions along the way, don’t hesitate to chime in.

Again, I would like to thank ALR Industries for selecting me as one of their testers.
Let’s light this candle!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
27 Dec Day 1 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

I decided to get an early start on this log, so I started the supplements last night with dinner. I took my dosage today, following the instructions on the container. I must say I feel pretty patriotic taking red and white and blue pills! All those pretty colors! Starting weight for this log is 206lbs.

Food consumption was actually pretty good considering I hit the gym early this afternoon. I would normally workout around 5:00pm or so, but with the holidays, who wants to go to the J-O-B? Anyway, before working out today I ate a cup of oats, 4 eggs whites and 1 whole egg, chicken breast sandwich on wheat, cottage cheese, multi’s, decaff coffee, half a peanut butter sandwich and the wife. (Wonder if anyone will catch that?) For post workout and dinner meal today, I’ll be having lean ham, green beans, yams, potato salad, protein shake, some fruit, tuna on crackers and another protein shake before bed.

I was really excited about getting back to the gym even though I planned to do a shoulder workout, which is one of my weakest routines.

A little explanation about my weights and routine. When I list the weight, it is either a DB/BB weight, or total weight, depending on the exercise. For example, DB shoulder press will be listed as the weight per DB. But if on a machine, it will be the total weight lifted. You’ll figure it out if you follow this log long enough. Anyway, here is what this old man accomplished today.

DB shoulder press 10x40/ 10x50/ 10x55/ 10x60 (warm-ups to very heavy effort)
The 10 reps with the 60lb DBs was the best I have done at that weight range, so I was very pumped up the rest of the exercises.

DB Shrugs 15x60/ 12x70/ 12x80/ 10x90/ 10x100 (easy-moderate effort)

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press Machine 10x200/ 10x180/ 12x160 (moderate-heavy effort)

Promaxima Lateral Raise Machine 10x25/ 10x30/ 10x35 (moderate-heavy effort)
This little jewel of a machine will torture your deltoids! You can google Promaxima and look for their shoulder exercise equipment if anyone is curious what this machine does.

Hammer Strength Shrug Machine 15x180/ 15x180/ 10x270/ 8x360 (easy-heavy effort)

Lateral Cable Raises 10x35/ 10x35/ 10x40 (moderate-heavy effort)

Lateral DB Raises 12x20/ 8x25/ 6x30/ 6x35 (moderate-heavy effort)

Reverse Pec Dec 10x100/ 10x110/ 10x120/ 10x130 (moderate-very heavy effort)

This routine was about 90-95% of my maximum effort. I can go heavier with lower reps, but I like to keep my reps in the 8-12 rep range for most all of my exercises. Overall, this was an excellent workout for me. I wish they all could be this good. The new music on my MP3 player probably helped out as well.

Tomorrow night will most likely be a arm workout, followed by legs of Friday or Saturday. I don’t work my bi’s and tri’s directly very much, and it shows. I’ll then take off a day or two and get back at it on Monday since my gym will be open. If anyone has any comments, just let me know.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Hunter!
I'll be watching! (So you better have a good log.... :icon_lol: )

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Hope ya enjoy the stack smithsonga! It will probably take a couple more days before I feel it starting to kick in. If you start your stack in the next couple of days, watch mine so you will know what to expect since I am slightly ahead of you.

JMH: I'll try not to let ya down bro! :D

And if you are curious what the stack looks like, here they are compliments of FnF!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
If you are curious as to what these supplements look like, here they are:

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
28 Dec Day 2 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

I decided to do my world famous back and bicep routine today. With the holidays here, work is extremely slow and I have only been in the office maybe 4 hours today. So I have managed to lift earlier than normal. But not to worry, next week will change all that.

Food consumed today was oats, a banana, cubed chicken breast and wheat crackers, decaff coffee, multi’s, half a peanut butter sandwich just before going to the gym and a post workout protein shake. Dinner tonight will be grilled chicken breast, fresh mixed vegetables, a sweet potato and another shake.

With that, here is what I accomplished in the gym today.

Wide-grip Pulldowns 15x150 to warm-up with. 10x160/ 10x180/ 10x200 (easy-heavy effort)

T-Bar Rows 10x135/ 10x145/ 10x160 (moderate-very heavy effort)I alternate my grip on this routine between wide grip and hammer grip to change the angle on the lats.

Hammer Strength Iso-Row Machine 10x135/ 10x180/ 10x205 (easy-very heavy effort)

Wide-grip Pullups 10/8/6/6 = 30 reps
The goal here is to get 30 reps in as few sets as possible. I was presently surprised I got 10 reps on the 1st set. In case anyone is wondering, I do these with palms facing away from me. Some people call these chin-ups as well.

Hammer Curls 10x25/ 10x30/ 10x35/ 6x40 (easy effort)

EZ Bar Cable Curls 10x80/ 10x90/ 10x100/ 10x120 (easy-moderate effort)
Next week I will most likely swap these out for regular BB curls.

Preacher Bench DB Curls (super-sets) 8x35/ 8x40/ 4x45/ 8x35 (moderate-muscle failure)

Seated Cable Rows 10x160/ 10x180/ 8x200 (moderate-muscle failure)

That was my routine for the day. I’ll change this up slightly next week, but not by much. And in case anyone is interested, I define muscle failure to where I cannot do another complete rep. And I don’t count partial reps either.

I’ll probably take tomorrow off and do a chest/triceps routine on Saturday. If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
One item I forgot to add to this log. My pics....such that they are. They were taken "cold", and I'm not really trying to do much flexing. In any event....here they are.

Attachments

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
30 Dec Day 4 the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Ya know how some days you get the bear, and others, the bear gets you? Well, today, I got that dayum bear! No offense to ALR Industries and the staff, but I’m not convinced today’s workout can be contributed to the stack I am on, cause I think it is a tad too early yet. But, for whatever reason, strength for me today was awesome! I had the best workout I’ve had in awhile. First the food, then the routine.

I did my routine early today, so I only had breakfast and a snack before getting to the gym. Breakfast was really good, consisting of scrambled eggs with potato’s, red and green peppers and onions, with biscuits. Mmmmm, delicious! I followed that up with a protein shake, multi’s and my supplements. About 30-45 minutes before I left for the gym, I had a peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread and my second dose of supplements. With all that in me, here is what I did today.

Flat Bench DB Press 15x50 as warm-ups. 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x80/ 8x90 (easy-muscle failure)
The 8 reps at 90lbs is a PB for me at that weight. If I had had a spotter I would have attempted the 95lbs.

Incline DB Flys 10x45/ 10x50/ 10x45/ 10x40 (moderate-heavy effort)

Incline DB Press 10x60/ 10x65/ 7x70 (moderate-muscle failure)

Tricep Cable Pushdowns 10x150/ 10x165/ 10x180/ 10x185 (easy-heavy effort)

Rope Pulldowns 10x90/ 10x100/ 10x120 (easy-heavy effort)

Weighted Leaning Forward Dips 15xBW/ 10xBW+35/ 10xBW+45/ 10xBW+55 (easy-heavy effort)

Chest Press Machine 10x220/ 10x260/ 4x300 (heavy-muscle failure)
The 4 reps at 300lbs represent the entire stack on this machine, and ties a PB for me.

Close Grip Chest Press 10x160/ 10x180/ 10x200 (easy-very heavy)

That was what I did today. As I said at the beginning of this log, there are others that lift incredible amounts of weight, far more than I. But that is ok, I left the gym feeling great, with my tri’s and pecs fully pumped! On a scale of 1 to 10, this was a 10 all the way.

I’ll take tomorrow off, and do a leg routine on Monday. This will get me back on schedule, and by then the supplements should start showing their effects on my routine.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its VERY possible it is your stack, the BAM kicks in very fast :) OMG, its gonna get sooooooo much better too :D

Congrats on the PB and darn it for no spotter around today for the 95's.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Its VERY possible it is your stack, the BAM kicks in very fast :) OMG, its gonna get sooooooo much better too :D

Congrats on the PB and darn it for no spotter around today for the 95's.
Really looking forward to the rest of it too! Happy New Year to ya FnF!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
01 Jan Day 6 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

One nice thing about going to bed early on New Years Eve night, no one was in the gym today! I’m not against partying, but I just don’t drink much at all, and staying up past midnight throws off my entire schedule the next day. So, after breakfast of oats, toast, a banana, multi’s, supplements and coffee, followed up later by a snack, off to the gym I went.

Today was legs and abs day, which will complete my entire workout routine. Tomorrow it starts all over again.

For those that have never followed my log before, I can’t (don’t) do squats on the squat rack due to a lower back injury from my military career. So, I have to do squats on an assisted squat machine (sissy squats), but that is ok. I’ll never be up on a stage anyway. Now that I have taken care of that beforehand, here is what I did today.

Unilateral Leg Presses 20x90/ 20x135/ 15x180 (easy effort) This is strictly to warm up my quads. I have been having some pain in my left knee like I have hit it on something. It doesn’t hurt to bend or flex, just when it is relaxed. And it is a bit tender to press on. No idea what I have done, so I make sure I am nice and warmed up before continuing.

Squat Machine 12x90/ 12x180/ 12x270/ 6x360 (easy-moderate effort)
This was the machine I mentioned earlier.

Hamflexors 10x50/ 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x80 (easy-heavy effort)

Seated Ab Crunch Machine 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x80/ 10x90 (easy-moderate effort)

Standing Calf Raises 20x250/ 20x250/ 20x300/ 20x300 (easy-moderate effort)

Leg Press 12x270/ 10x360/ 8x450/ 6x540/ 6x590 (easy-very heavy effort)

Hanging Leg Raises 4 sets of 12 reps each (easy-moderate effort)

Hamtractors 10x210/ 10x225/ 10x240 (moderate effort)

Seated Calf Raises 20x155/ 15x210/ 10x210 (heavy effort)

Overall, this was a really good workout for me. On a scale of 1 to 10, with ten being the best, I would give this an 8. My left knee started feeling very tight after my workout, so once I got home, I grabbed some Ibuprofen to keep any swelling and inflammation down.

I’m expecting to start feeling the effects of the supplements any day now. And actually I may already be feeling it and just haven’t recognized it. By that, I mean I’m more eager to get to the gym and start my routine. I’ve also noticed I’m not nearly as sore as I normally am. Typically my pecs, tri’s and lats get very sore (DOMS) after a hard workout. That hasn’t been the case as much this past week.

The weights also seem to be getting just a bit lighter as well. But I’m careful about the placebo effect, so I’ll be hitting it hard this week to see if in fact it is the supplements. I sure hope so! Now if I could just get that libido effect kicked up into overdrive!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
02 Jan Day 7 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

I got the bear again! Today was shoulders and traps day for me. With the day off today, I managed to get to the gym around noon after having breakfast and a snack consisting of oats, 1 piece of wheat toast, my supplements, multi’s, decaf coffee and a peanut butter sandwich on wheat. I also had a post workout protein shake, and dinner will consist of grilled lean chicken, a sweet potato, and green beans, followed by a snack tonight of either another protein shake or tuna and cottage cheese.

Now on to the weight lifting I managed to do today. If you go back and look at my first day on the stack, you will be able to compare routines. This is how I track my progress, and why I list the weights and effort involved. Anyway, on to the exercises.

DB Shoulder Press 12x45 for warm-ups/ 10x50/ 10x55/ 10x60/ 8x65 (easy-muscle failure) The 65lbs at 8 reps was a personal best for me! Hell, the 65 lbs was a personal best! The 60lbs at 10 reps had been my maximum until today, so I was stoked for the rest of my routine.

DB Shrugs 15x60/ 15x70/ 12x80/ 12x90/ 12x100 (easy-moderate effort)

Shoulder Press Machine 10x200/ 10x180/ 10x160 (heavy-very heavy effort)
This routine started out heavy, and just kept getting heavier.

Lateral Raise Machine 10x25/ 10x30/ 10x35/ 6x40 (moderate-muscle failure)
The 6 reps at 40lbs tied a personal best on this little torture device.

Hammer Strength Standing Shrugs 15x180/ 12x270/ 12x270/ 10x360 (moderate effort)

Lateral DB Raises 10x20/ 10x25 (both hands) 10x30/ 6x35 (1 handed) (easy-very heavy effort)

Reverse Pec Dec 10x110/ 10x120/ 10x130 (moderate-heavy effort)

That was the routine for the day. Strength was outstanding for me, and this workout was a 10 all the way. The stack is definitely kicking in! It is too early to fully evaluate these supplements, but if the first week is any indication, this may be the best stack I have ever tried. Regardless of how it goes, for my last week I plan on going to failure on all routines just to see how much my strength has increased.

Tomorrow will be an off day for me, and Thurs will be back and bi’s , followed Fri. by chest and tri’s.

On a final note, I weighed in today. When this log started I weighed myself completely nude first thing in the morning. I forget to weigh in this morning, so I checked after I got back from the gym. Weight is up 2 lbs to 208. At least I’m not loosing since lately I have been working out earlier in the day without eating as much as I normally would.
Comments or suggestions to this log are welcome.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
04 Jan Day 9 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

As advertised, today was back and bi’s day. Food consumed today consisted of oats, 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg, toast, multi’s and decaf coffee with my supplements. Lunch and snacks was chicken breast on wheat, cottage cheese, cubed chicken with Ritz wheat crackers, a protein shake and lots of water. Dinner was more rockfish, pasta, green beans and fruit followed by a final protein shake…..so food consumed today was above average. Now lets’ get to the exercises and routine.

Wide-grip Pulldowns 15x140 to warm-up 10x160/ 10x180/ 10x200 (easy-heavy effort)

T-Bar Rows 10x135/ 10x135/ 10x160 (easy-very heavy) I alternate my grip on this routine between wide-grip and hammer grip. That is the reason I didn’t increase the weight on the 2nd set.

Wide-grip Chinups 10, 10, 7, 3 = 30 reps This is the quickest I have ever managed to get the 30 reps!

Preacher Bench Curls 10x120/ 10x150/ 8x180 (easy-heavy effort)

Hammer Strength Iso Row Machine 10x135/ 10x180/ 10x180 (easy-heavy effort)
I also alternate my grip on this routine between wide grip and hammer grip.

Seated DB Curls 10x30/ 10x35/ 6x40/ 5x45/ 8x30 (easy-muscle failure) The last 2 sets were super-setted. I had an excellent pump in my biceps from this routine.

21’s, aka 7’s 3 set at 55lbs (very heavy effort)
This routine completely finished off my bi’s!

That was the routine for the day. I would normally have done one more back exercise, but the intensity tonight more than made up for the lack on 1 routine. Tonight’s workout was another 10 all the way! I was at maximum effort on virtually all my exercises tonight which resulted in an excellent workout. Strength is definitely up, I hope it stays that way!

Tomorrow will be dedicated to chest and tri’s, then a day off. I hope tomorrow is as good as the last 2 workouts have been. If so, it should be an excellent workout!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
05 Jan Day 10 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Work sucked today, but it was a Friday, so all was not lost. For some reason, I also woke up tired and really not ready to face the world. Truth be told, I would have rather gone back to sleep for a couple more hours. But I owe, I owe, so off to work I go! Food consumed today was up a tad, consisting of 4 egg whites, 1 cup of oats, multi’s, decaf coffee and supplements for breakfast. I had cubed chicken breast and crackers as a snack, followed by chicken breast sandwich on wheat and cottage cheese for lunch. I had a peanut butter on 1 slice of wheat bread and a protein drink before getting to the gym.

A bit about this protein drink. It is a new one being carried by my gym, and to be honest, it comes in a container that looks a lot like a BOB! Some of you ladies will know what I am talking about if you simply think about it for a minute. You take the end cap off and inside is the protein drink. I have no idea who came up with the container idea, but I can imagine the jokes made about it!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Dinner consisted of chicken breast grilled in olive oil, a sweet potato and fresh green beans. Now on to the chest and tri routine.

Flat Bench DB Chest Press 15x50 as warm-ups 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x80/ 8x90 (easy-muscle failure)

Incline DB Flys 10x40/ 10x45/ 10x50 (easy-heavy effort)
Even though these were heavy, they were easier than last week.

Incline DB Press 10x60/ 10x65/ 9x70 (moderate-muscle failure)
This is 2 reps at 70lbs better than last week.

Tricep Cable Push-downs 10x150/ 10x180/ 10x180/ 10x180 (easy-moderate effort)

Weighted Dip Machine 10x250/ 10x270/ 8x300 (moderate-muscle failure)
I decided to do this routine tonight in place of weighted dips just to see how heavy I could go. The 300lbs is a personal best for me!

Hammer Strength Iso Wide Chest Machine 10x135/ 8x150/ 4x160 (moderate-muscle failure)
I just didn’t have it in me to put 4 plates on each arm to see if I could get’em. Maybe towards the end of this log I’ll see what I can do with 180lbs.

Pec Dec 10x120/ 8x140/ 7x150 (heavy-muscle failure)
I hadn’t done this routine in awhile and I wanted to see how well I could do on it.

Close Grip Chest Press 10x180/ 10x190/ 10x200 (moderate effort)

That was it for the night. My chest was really pumped tonight. Even though this was an excellent routine, it wasn’t as good as I had hoped. I tired quicker than I had hoped, and my ear phones on my mp3 player started going out in the middle of my workout. Really pissed me off!. But strength was excellent and I would still give this a 9. If only the intensity level had been where I wanted it to be. I guess this was due to still being a tad tired when I woke up this morning.

I’m taking off tomorrow, then I’ll hit it again Sun with a shoulder and traps routine. There are a ton of people running logs right now, but if anyone has any comments or questions, just hit me up.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
7 Jan Day 10 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

I decided to join the wife today at the gym and do another workout. The problem was I got out of sequence on my routine somehow and did a shoulder routine. I didn’t realize I was out of order until I started into my routine and noticed strength was down. I was actually due to work legs and abs today. Add in the fact that I did shoulders Friday, and my delts were really tired today.

In any event, I had breakfast consisting of oats, 2 whole scrambled eggs and 2 additional egg whites with mild cheddar cheese, a protein shake, multi’s, decaf coffee and my supplements. I also grabbed ½ a peanut butter sandwich on wheat and off to the gym I went! Here is what I managed to do.

DB Shoulder Press 15x40/ 10x50/ 10x55/ 10x60/ 8x65 (heavy-muscle failure)
The last 3 reps at 65 were forced reps. The forced reps were my first clue my muscles weren’t quite ready for this yet.

DB Shrugs 12x60/ 12x80/ 12x90/ 12x100 (easy-moderate effort)

Shoulder Press Machine 10x200/ 10x170/ 10x150 (heavy-very heavy effort)
I lowered the weights here to avoid potential injury since I was already starting to tire.

Lateral Raise Machine 10x25/ 10x30/ 10x30 (moderate-heavy effort)

HS Shrug Machine 15x180/ 12x270/ 12x270/ 10x360 (moderate-heavy effort)

Lateral DB Raises 10x20/ 10x20 10x25/ 10x30 (moderate-heavy effort)

Reverse Pec Dec 15x100/ 12x110/ 12x120 (heavy effort)

That was the routine for the day. Considering it had been less than 48 hrs since my front delts were totally exhausted from my chest routine, strength was actually very good today. I would still give this routine a 10. If it weren’t for this Evolution stack, I doubt I would have even come close to what I accomplished today.

On another note, I have noticed I’m not nearly as sore as I would normally be, and DOMS are very short lived.

Tomorrow night I will do my leg and ab routine. They should be rested enough from yesterday. I spent most of the day out in the woods removing tree stands, so they got a workout yesterday, even though it wasn’t in the gym.

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If it weren’t for this Evolution stack, I doubt I would have even come close to what I accomplished today.

On another note, I have noticed I’m not nearly as sore as I would normally be, and DOMS are very short lived.

Tomorrow night I will do my leg and ab routine. They should be rested enough from yesterday. I spent most of the day out in the woods removing tree stands, so they got a workout yesterday, even though it wasn’t in the gym.
Nice to hear all is going well and you are getting good benefits out of the stack ! Does your wife like any of the side effects? ;)

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Nice to hear all is going well and you are getting good benefits out of the stack ! Does your wife like any of the side effects? ;)
Thanks FnF. Strength is very good on this stack! Unfortunately I haven't noticed any other side effect. Not sure what is up with that. But I'm not going to dwell on it.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
8 Jan Day 10 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Got my leg and ab routine in tonight. Food consumed was about right, consisting of waffles and a protein shake for breakfast, chicken breast sandwich on wheat and jello for lunch. Snack was cubed chicken breast with crackers. Naturally I had my supplements and multi’s as well. Now on to the lifting, cause the game starts pretty soon!

Unilateral Leg Presses 20x90/ 20x135/ 20x180 (easy effort)

Squat Machine 12x90/ 12x180/ 12x270/ 10x360/ 6x410 (easy-heavy effort)

Hamflexors (aka standing leg curls) 10x50/ 10x60/ 10x70/10x80 (easy-moderate effort)

Weighted Ab Crunch Machine 12x60/ 12x70/ 10x80/ 10x90 (easy-moderate effort)

Leg Presses 10x270/ 10x360/ 10x450/ 10x540/ 4x630 (easy-very heavy effort)

Standing Calf Raises 20x250/ 20x300/ 15x350/ 12x400 (easy-heavy effort)

Hanging Leg Raises (aka Captain Chairs) 4 sets of 15 reps each set. (moderate effort)

Hamtractors 10x195/ 10x225/ 10x240/ 10x255 (moderate-heavy effort)

That was it for tonight. For what it is worth, I set 3 personal bests tonight on the last 3 routines. I noticed all the weights felt lighter than usual. This was a 10 all the way. An excellent routine for me! I will be interesting to see how sore my legs are in a couple of days. Enjoy the game tonight……tomorrow is an off day for me from the gym.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
10 Jan Day 15 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Well, today I have nothing but bad news and more bad news. Strength was down today, and it took until this evening to figure out why. I am coming down with a cold from hell. My pre-congestion symptoms include a sore throat. Typically, the sorer my throat gets, the worse the cold…..and this one is going to be one tough illness. That explains my reduced strength.

The other bad news is I have to undergo some emergency oral surgery tomorrow. Long story, but suffice it to say I wouldn’t be doing this if it wasn’t necessary. Oh joy, this is going to be fun. Obviously I’ll have to take a day or two off from the gym, but I hope to be back at it as quickly as possible.

Food consumed was average today, consisting of oats, 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg, multi’s, supplements, decaf coffee, a chicken sandwich on wheat, cottage cheese, a peanut butter sandwich and a couple of protein shakes. Dinner will be lean pork loins with green beans, cabbage and pasta. Now that I have shared all the joy, I’ll get to the routine for the day.

Widegrip Cable Pulldowns 15x150 as warm-ups 10x180/ 10x190/ 10x200 (moderate-heavy effort)

EZ Bar Cable Curls 10x90/ 10x100/ 10x110 (easy effort)

Hammer Strength Iso Rows 10x135/ 10x180/ 10x205 (moderate-heavy effort)

Widegrip Pullups 10/ 9/ 6/ 4/ 1 = 30 reps
Having to complete 5 sets to get to 30 reps made me realize just how much my strength was down. This cold is going to be an ass kicker for sure.

Preacher Bench DB Curls 10x30/ 10x35/ 10x40/ 10x30 (moderate-heavy effort)

Hammer Strength Iso Back 10x180/ 10x200/ 8x210 (moderate-muscle failure)

Barbell Curls (21’s) 55lbs (heavy effort)

That was all I could accomplish tonight. Overall it was a pretty good workout, but nothing special. Once I get this dental work done, I’ll see how chipper I am and get back to it. Till then……..

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
13 Jan Day 17 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

I managed to get in a chest and tricep routine today, despite a cold from hell and stitches from dental work. The routine was light due to Dr’s orders, but I still enjoyed myself. Actually it was a very nice change to get in a moderate workout for a change, rather than lifting so heavy all the time.

Food consumed was down due to the lack of an appetite, to say nothing of the dental work. Before even hitting the gym I could tell my strength just wasn’t what it normally is…..but I was determined to do what I could With that being said, here is what I did.

Flat Bench DB Press 15x50 to warm-up 10x60/ 12x70/ 12x75/ 12x70 (easy-moderate effort)

Incline DB Flys 10x30/ 10x35/ 10x40 (easy effort)

Incline DB Press 10x50/ 10x55/ 10x60 (easy-heavy effort)

Cable Pushdowns 20x120/ 15x140/ 15x150/ 12x150 (easy-moderate effort)

Cable Kickbacks 12x35/ 10x40/ 10x40 (easy-moderate effort)

Dips 15 reps x 4 sets at BW (easy effort)

Chest Press 15x200/ 12x220/ 8x240 (moderate effort)

Pec Dec 15x100/ 12x110/ 10x120 (easy-heavy effort)

That was it for the day. I was exhausted, but my tri’s were really pumped. Like I mentioned, it felt good not to go so heavy for a change.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
15 Jan Day 19 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

After sleeping like a rock last night, I was feeling well enough to see what I could do in the gym today. So after a breakfast of 2 cups of oats, 1 piece of toast, a protein shake, multi’s, decaf and my supplements, we headed out.

The wife spent an hour on the treadmill while I spent my time doing what I could for shoulders and traps. After the first set, I could tell strength was going to be good today. I didn’t realize just how good until I got going! Here is what I did.

DB Shoulder Press 15x40/ 10x50/ 10x55/ 10x60/ 8x65 (easy-heavy effort)
I was amazed at how light the weights felt! I actually held myself back to ensure I had the endurance to complete my routine.

DB Shrugs 15x60/ 15x70/ 15x80/ 12x90/ 12x100 (moderate effort)

Shoulder Press Machine 10x200/ 10x190/ 9x180 (moderate-muscle failure)
Even though I went to muscle failure, this was a personal best on this exercise! If you check my log, I normally lower the weights by 20lbs for each set, instead of 10lbs.

Reverse Pec Dec 10x100/ 10x110/ 10x120/ 10x130 (moderate-heavy effort)

Hammer Strength Shrug Machine 15x180/ 12x270/ 12x270/ 12x270/ 12x360 (easy-heavy effort)
I was really enjoying this workout. I had some crazy pumps going, endurance was excellent and I was feeling really strong!

Lateral Raise Machine 10x25/ 10x30/ 10x35/ 10x40 (easy-very heavy effort)
The 40lbs at 10 reps was a personal best for me on this machine!

Lateral Cable Raises 10x35/ 10x40/ 10x40 (moderate effort)

Lateral DB Raises 6x20/ 6x25/ 6x30/ 6x35/ 6x30/ 6x25 (moderate-muscle failure)
These sets were all super-setted, with less than 15 secs of rest between sets. My delts were totally fried and burning like crazy! What an amazing pump I had going after doing this many reps!

That was the routine for the day. Amazingly enough, the wife did an hour on the treadmill, and we both finished at the same time. Strength and endurance was outstanding for me today! This was a 10 all the way! I am amazed just how quickly my strength is returning. I can’t thank ALR Industries (and FnF) enough for allowing me to test this supplement stack!

Tomorrow is leg and ab day. If that workout is anything like today’s was, I will have to crawl out of the gym!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
16 Jan Day 20 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

I guess 2 good days in a row was too much to ask. I started out well, but did something to my left knee, so I had to take it easy. I have no idea what I have done, but there are days when it just won’t cooperate with me and starts to tighten up. But I’m ahead of myself.

The amount of food consumed today was slightly above average. It consisted of 1 cup of oats, 4 egg whites and one whole egg, multi’s, decaf coffee, a chicken sandwich on wheat, cottage cheese, chicken cubes and crackers, grilled chicken breast, sweet potato, green beans and a couple of protein shakes. With that out of the way, here is what I did tonight.

Unilateral Leg Press Machine to warm-up with. 20x90/ 20x135/ 15x180 (easy effort)
I started feeling some tightness in my left knee at only 135lbs. I made sure I wasn’t placed any abnormal torque on it, and that my leg was properly positioned. I have no idea what I have done to it, but this happens from time to time. So rather than risk a serious injury, I decided to take it easy tonight, even though I was up for a heavy routine tonight.

Squat Machine 12x90/ 12x180/ 12x270 (easy effort)
This routine didn’t create any pain, but the tightness was getting worse and worse.

Hamflexor 12x50/ 12x60/ 10x70/ 10x80 (easy-moderate effort)

Seated Ab Crunch Machine 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x80/ 30x50 (easy-moderate effort)

Standing Calf Raises 20x250/ 20x250/ 20x300/ 20x350 (moderate effort)

Capt’n Chairs 4 sets of 15 reps

Leg Presses 12x270/ 12x360/ 10x450/ 10x540 (moderate-heavy effort)

That was my routine for the night. I could have gone a lot heavier on all those lifts, but I simply had to take it easy on my knee. What a shame too! I was really pumped up for it tonight.

I’ll be taking tomorrow off, then it will be back/bi’s on Thurs., followed by chest/tri’s on Fri.

On a final note, all the new years’ resoluters were in the gym tonight. Sure was tough just trying to get to a machine. Musta been 30 new people in the gym tonight. I give’em 6 weeks and they will start dropping like flys.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
18 Jan Day 22 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Weight yesterday morning remained at 208lbs. I guess this cold has kept my appetite down a bit more than I thought. But it is almost gone, so maybe I can still add a pound or 2 before this log comes to an end.

Tonight was my back and bicep routine. The amount of food consumed today was average, with plenty of protein from eggs, cottage cheese, chicken and wheat crackers, and some oats, sweet potato, fresh green beans, couple of protein shakes, multi’s, decaf coffee, plenty of water and of course my supplements.

I got to the gym this afternoon and could tell immediately that I just couldn’t muster up the intensity I wanted. Strength was very good today, just the intensity was missing. Here is what I accomplished.

Wide-grip cable pulldowns 16x140 to warmup with. 10x180/ 10x200/ 10x200 (moderate-heavy effort)

Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns 10x150/ 10x150/ 10x150 (easy effort)

Hammer Strength Iso Rows 10x135/ 10x160/ 10x180 (moderate effort)

Wide-grip Pullups 10, 10, 9, 1 = 30 reps Wouldn’t you know it…..I simply couldn’t manage that last stinking rep on the 3rd set!

Preacher Bench DB Curls 10x30/ 10x35/ 10x40 (moderate-heavy effort)
I got a really good pump to my biceps with this routine, as I cut down my rest time between sets to about 30 secs.

T-Bar Rows (alternating between wide grip and hammer grip) 10x135/ 10x145/ 10x160/ 8x135 (moderate-muscle failure) The last 2 sets were super-sets. My lats were really burning at the end of this routine.

Cable Curls 10x100/ 10x100/ 10x100 (moderate effort)

Barbell Curls 10x65/ 10x65/ 10x75/ 8x85 (moderate-muscle failure)

As you may be able to tell, I kept the weight relatively constant tonight and increased the reps where I could. Endurance was good tonight, strength remains excellent for me. But as I mentioned, I just couldn’t get the intensity level I was looking for. The dull, dreary, nasty rain/snow mix today may have had something to do with it.

Tomorrow I’ll hit chest and tri’s, then take a break for the weekend. My oldest and youngest had birthdays this week, and I owe them some family time. Go Saints!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
19 Jan Day 23 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Work was a drag for me today. It was one of those days I just couldn’t seem to wake up. Felt like I could have slept all day, if it wasn’t for that JOB. But, I owe, I owe, so off to work I go! Today I had my oats, 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg, multi’s, decaf coffee, a chicken sandwich, cubed chicken breast with crackers, a banana, couple of protein shakes and for dinner, more chicken, a sweet potato, green beans and of course my supplements. Now, on to the routine.

What a workout tonight! Strength and endurance was awesome for me. I was really surprised I had it in me tonight, considering I really wasn’t hyped for it. Here is what I managed to accomplish tonight.

Flat Bench DB Press 15x60/ 15x60/ 10x80/ 10x80/ 10x90 (easy-heavy effort)
I’m going for the 100lbs DBs next week.

Incline DB Flys 12x35/ 10x40/ 10x45/ 10x40 (moderate effort)

Incline DB Press 10x60/ 10x65/ 10x70/ 10x75 (moderate-heavy effort)
The 10 reps at 75lbs was a personal best for me!

Tricep Cable Pushdowns 12x150/ 12x150/ 12x150/ 12x150 (easy effort)

Weighted Dips 15xBW/ 15xBW/ 12xBW+35lbs/ 12xBW+45lbs (moderate effort)

Hammer Strength Iso-Wide Chest Machine 10x135/ 8x160/ 5x165 (moderate-muscle failure)
The 5 reps at 330lbs (165lbs each arm) was a personal best for me on this machine.

Cable Kick-backs 10x35/ 10x40/ 10x45 (easy effort)

Chest Press Machine 10x220/ 10x260/ 4x300 (heavy-muscle failure)
The 4 reps tied a personal best for me on this machine.

As I mentioned, strength and endurance was excellent for me tonight. This routine was a 10 for me all the way! All the stars aligned for me tonight, and I left the gym feeling awesome! The Evolution stack was doing its’ thing for me tonight! FnF was right, this stack just gets better and better as you go along.

I’ll most likely take the weekend off, and snow is forecasted for Sunday. Crazy weather huh? This time last week, it was almost 80 here. Oh well, as long as the Saints win!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
20 Jan Day 24 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Late Entry: This routine was completed Saturday, but with the playoffs, I’m just now getting around to logging it. Sorry all.

My daughter came into town and wanted to go to the gym, so I ended up doing a leg and abs routine. One nice thing about lifting on a Saturday morning, there gym was pretty much empty. Here is what I did.

Unilateral Leg Presses to warm up 20x90/ 20x135/ 15x180/ 15x225 (moderate effort)

Squat Machine 12x90/ 12x180/ 10x270/ 10x360 (moderate effort)

Hamflexors 12x50/ 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x80 (moderate effort)

Weighted Ab Crunches 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x80/ 10x80 (moderate effort)

Standing Calf Machine 20x250/ 20x300/ 15x300/ 15x350/ 15x400 (moderate-heavy effort) The 400lbs represents the entire stack on this machine.

Hanging Leg Raises 4 sets of 12 reps each (moderate effort)

Leg Presses 12x270/ 10x360/ 10x450/ 10x540/ 8x630 (moderate-very heavy effort) The 8 reps at 630 is a personal best for this old man.

That was it for the day. Overall, this was an excellent routine for me. Intensity was great, and the weights didn’t feel as heavy as they normally do. I would have to give this routine another 10 all the way. I must admit, I really like this stack! ALR has hit a homerun with this one!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
22 Jan Day 26 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Today was shoulder and traps day for me. Food consumption was excellent today, consisting of 1 cup of oats and 4 egg whites with cheese for breakfast, along with decaf coffee, multi’s and my supplements. Lunch and snacks was a chicken sandwich on wheat, cottage cheese, 10oz of cubed chicken breast and crackers, almond granola bar, grilled chicken breast for dinner with a sweet potato and mixed vegetables. Throw in a couple of protein shakes and I’m off to the gym. Here is what I managed to accomplish tonight.

DB Shoulder Press 15x40 to warm-up with. 10x50/ 10x60/ 10x65/ 9x60 (moderate-muscle failure) The 10 reps at 65lbs is a personal best for me at that weight. I was going to attempt the 70’s but they were being used, as were the 75’s, 80’s and 85’s.

DB Shrugs 15x80/ 12x90/ 12x100/ 12x110 (moderate effort)

Shoulder Press Machine 8x210/ 6x230/ 2x250 (heavy-muscle failure)
All the lifts on this machine was a personal best for me by 40lbs!

Rev Pec Dec 12x110/ 12x110/ 10x120/ 10x130/ 8x140 (moderate-muscle failure) The 8 reps at 140lbs was a personal best for me on this machine by 10lbs!

Hammer Strength Shrug Machine 15x180/ 15x270/ 15x270/ 12x360 (moderate-heavy effort)

Lateral Raise Machine 12x25/ 10x30/ 10x35/ 9x40 (moderate-muscle failure) The 9 reps at 40lbs is a personal best for me on this machine.

Lateral DB Raises 10x20/ 10x20/ 10x25/ 10x30 (moderate-heavy effort)

That was the routine for me tonight. An absolutely incredible workout for me, a 10 all the way! I set 6 personal bests tonight. The Evolution Stack has definitely increased my strength. I am amazed at how light the weights feel sometime

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
23 Jan Day 27 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Am I the only one starting to freeze to death? Man winter finally made its appearance with a vengeance! Low on Friday is supposed to be 14! Time to snuggle with the wife! :D

Food consumed today was very close to what it has been throughout this entire log, consisting of oats, eggs with cheese, a chicken breast sandwich on wheat, cottage cheese, cubed chicken breast with wheat crackers, salmon, sweet potato, green beans, a couple of protein shakes, my multi’s, decaf coffee and my supplements. Of note, I was at my Dr today for an unrelated problem and weighted in at 212! This is a gain of 6 lbs since starting this stack. I decided to change things up on my last back routine and leave out any direct bicep work. So with that in mind, here is what I did.

Widegrip Pulldowns 15x150/ 10x180/ 10x200/ 6x220 (moderate-muscle failure) The 6 reps is a personal best for me by 2 reps at 220lbs on this exercise.

Hammer Strength Iso Row Machine 10x135/ 10x180/ 8x205/ 6x225 (moderate-very heavy effort) That is 5 plates on each arm my friends, and it represents a personal best by 20 lbs for me on this exercise!

Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns 10x150/ 10x150/ 10x150/ 10x150 (easy effort)

T-Bar Rows 10x135/ 8x160/ 8x170 (heavy-muscle failure) The 170lbs is another personal best for me by 10 lbs on this exercise.

Hammer Strength Iso Back (aka Reverse Grip Pulldowns) 10x180/ 10x200/ 10x220 (moderate-very heavy effort)

Seated Cable Rows 10x180/ 10x200/ 8x210 (heavy-muscle failure) The 8 reps at 210 lbs tied a personal best for me on this exercise.

Widegrip Pullups 6, 5, 4 = 15 reps (heavy-muscle failure)
I decided to save the pullups to do as the last exercise, just to see how my strength would be at the end of my routine. I was very surprised I even managed 15 reps! I was totally exhausted after this routine, which I would rate as a 10 all the way.

I’m taking tomorrow night off, then I’ll do just a chest exercise on Thursday, followed by an arm routine on Friday. I finish up this log with a summation this weekend, and that as they say will be that. Till then, be safe all.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
25 Jan Day 29 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

Well, this log will be winding down soon. Winter has shown it’s cold face and there really is nothing to do but lift, eat and of course play with the wife! :D But lets get to the routine for today. The amount of food consumed was above average, consisting of the same of everything I have always been eating, just more of it.

Today was chest only day. I was eager to get to the gym as I wanted to test my strength on the DBs. Here is what I accomplished.

Flat Bench DB Press 15x60 to warm-up with. 12x70/ 10x80/ 6x90/ 6x100 (easy-very heavy effort)
The 6 reps with the 100lbs DBs was a personal best in both weight and reps! I had set myself a goal of reaching the 100lbs by Christmas time. I missed my goal, but by only 1 month to the day. Not too bad for this old man.

Incline DB Flys 10x35/ 10x40/ 10x45 (easy-moderate effort)

Incline DB Press 10x60/ 8x70/ 6x80 (moderate-very heavy)
The 80lbs DBs at 6 reps is another personal best for me in both weight and reps!

Cable Flys 10x60/ 10x70/ 10x70 (easy effort)
I had one serious pump to my chest, front deltoids and triceps. Love that feeling of being big and strong!

Hammer Strength Iso Back Machine 10x135/ 10x135/ 10x135 (moderate-very heavy effort)
For those that are no familiar with this type of machine; that is 135lbs each arm, for a total of 270lbs.

Chest Press Machine 10x200/ 10x220/ 10x240 (moderate-heavy effort)

Pec Dec Flys 10x120/ 8x140/ 8x150 (moderate-very heavy effort)
The 150lbs is a personal best on this machine for me.

That was the routine for me tonight. It was an incredible workout, a 10 all the way. The 3 personal bests for me tonight was an added bonus. Strength while on this stack has been awesome. I hate to come off of it, but I’m one to believe the body needs a break from supplementation from time to time.

I’ll get in my final routine this weekend, which will be an arm routine. I’m pretty busy tomorrow, so it most likely will be Saturday. I’ll also finalize this log with a summation of what I thought about the stack and potential improvements to it. Try to stay warm if you can!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
26 Jan Day 30 on the ALR Industries Evolution Stack

And this is it. A final summation this weekend and I’ll close out this log. It has been fun.

Today I decided to do a bi/tri routine, even though my triceps were still a bit tired from last nights chest routine. Food consumed today was above normal, and my supplements are gone. With that, here is what was done.

Tricep Pushdowns 12x150/ 12x150/ 12x150/ 12x150 (easy effort)

1 Arm Cable Pushdowns 10x60/ 10x656/ 10x65 (easy effort)

EZ Bar Cable Curls 12x80/ 12x80/ 12x90/ 12x100 (easy effort)

Standing DB Curls 10x30/ 10x35/ 6x40/ 6x45/ 6x50/ 6x55 (easy-heavy effort)
The 6 reps at 55lbs is a personal best for me on this routine in both reps and weights.

Close Grip Bench Press 15x85/ 15x115/ 15x135/ 12x155 (easy effort)
I was completely surprised at how much strength my triceps had! I figured they would completely give out by now.

Preacher Bench Curls 20x120/ 15x150/ 12x180 10x200 (moderate-heavy effort) The 200lbs is a personal best for me on this exercise by 20 lbs.

1 Arm Cable Curls 12x40/; 12x45/ 12x50 (easy-moderate effort)

Dip Machine 10x250/ 10x250/ 10x270 (moderate-heavy effort)

Rope Pulldowns 12x90/ 10x110/ 10x120/ 10x130 (moderate-very heavy effort) The 130 lbs is a personal best for me on this exercise by 10lbs.

Preacher Bench DB Curls 10x35/ 10x40/ 6x45/ 6x50 (easy-very heavy effort) The 6 reps at 50 lbs is a personal best for me in both weight and reps.

Barbell Curls 10x65/ 10x75/ 8x85/ 5x95 (heavy-muscle failure)
The 5 reps at 95 lbs is a personal best for me in both reps and weight.

That was it for the day. I did a lot of sets since I didn’t directly work my bi’s and tri’s this week. Overall, this was another great workout! I left the gym feeling strong with an excellent pump to my arms. Good luck to the testers that got chosen to go 8 weeks on this stack. They should see some great results. My summation of this stack will follow this weekend.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Evolution Stack Summation

SUMMATION

Throughout this log, I tried to keep everything as constant as I could to eliminate variations. My food intake consisted of a high protein diet, with moderate carbs and fats, while attempting to keep my sleep the same each night. With that, here are my thoughts on the stack.

The Evolution Stack, consisting of BAM, Restore and Jungle Warfare is without a doubt the best strength gaining stack I have ever tried. The capsules are easy to identify for each supplement as they are purple and white, blue and red and white.

INTENSITY
I feel ones mental attitude, physical fitness, amount of sleep and food consumed has a lot to do with their intensity. On the other hand, I found myself getting really pumped and able to train hard on this stack. Increasing the weights like I did, make it much easier for me to really let it all out so to speak.

STRENGTH
Strength increase for me while on this stack was incredible! By far this was the best effect the stack had on me. I set at least half a dozen personal bests! I was up 20lbs flat bench DB presses; up 10lbs on the incline DB press; added 30lbs on the dip machine; and added an amazing 40lbs to my 1RM on the shoulder press machine!

ENDURANCE
Endurance with this stack was very good. Even though I tired during my workouts, the strength remained much higher further into my routine than I expected it would; a very pleasant surprise indeed. I really enjoy giving it everything I can at the gym, for as long as I can, and this stack didn’t let me down.

WEIGHT GAIN
I added 6 lbs while on this stack. I’ve always had a difficult time putting on weight, and 6 lbs isn’t much for most people, but it is for me. I’m also certain most of it was lean muscle mass and very little fat as my waist line hasn’t changed much at all.

RECOVERY
Recovery was excellent for me. I am susceptible to DOMS, normally on the 2nd day. I noticed DOMS wasn’t a problem for me at all, even when I set personal bests on various exercises!

CONCLUSION
The Evolution Stack is an incredible stack for someone wanting to kick up their strength levels. There were numerous times I took my workouts to “failure”, which for me was to the point I could not do another rep. With this stack, I increased weights or reps across the board. For someone on a bulking diet, they should see excellent results if they keep their protein intake high and get plenty of rest. Overall, I would rate this stack a full 10 on a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to ALR Industries, this stack really rocks!