Basic Cuts (SOLO) Log..a 4 weeks transformation..

ZoMbSta

Awards
Hey guys,

This is the first EVER log I have done...and since this is cutting...it will need to be more specific and precised..not to mention more serious than bulking...i will be doing a solo cut using basic cuts (reason being budget constraint and am interested to see how it works on its own as a cutting agent) Here are my stats:

Age - 21

Bodytype - Meso-Ecto (I think very close to be a full meso)

Height - 1.7m

Current Weight - 67.5kg / 148.5lbs

Bodyfats % - 10% to 13% (not sure cause I don't own a caliper, maybe you guys can help me figure out from my pics below?)

Supps - Whey blend, Flax Oil, Multi-vits and Basic Cuts

Training Style - Max-OT weights training 3 to 4 times a week, 45 mins to 1 hr per session.

Cardio - <65% MHR (low intensity) stationary biking or treadmill or roadside running (20 mins if its after weights training and 40mins to 1 hr if no weights training on that day)

Other activities - Soccer trainings 2 times a week (usually tues and thurs), each session is about 2 - 3 hrs

Diet - 40/40/20 percentage grams of macros (cause i am still recovering from a slight flu) for 5 days (end of the week) and will switch back to carb-cycling (keto diet) which I began 2 week ago until I got hit with the flu bug 2 days ago. Will be going on a deficit NOT EXCEEDING 800 cals a day, will mostly end up having 500 cals deficit including all activities of the day

Other things to note: This is the very first time i'm cutting and dealing with a thermogenic, hence my reaction to it might be hypersensitive or somewhere close..and I have yet to find a supp (have never tried steriods or prohormones) that I have not responded to

any other info you guys might want me to share..feel free to ask!

Attachments

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Quick Question....

...Why are you cutting?

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 1

Took 2 pills in the morning right after waking up (12pm, very late I know!)..15mins later i was feeling a lil jittery...was shaking a lil when holding a cup and also abit shaky in the knees..also felt a acidic feeling in my stomach followed by having alot of burping..reached the gym abt 40mins after i took BC and had 1 serving of protein shake with water before commencing my workout..its lats day today!!

did not notice much strength or focus on it..was struggling to finish it towards the end of the workout..had to drop so weights...was it becuz of the lack of food before working out? but 1 thing for sure..i was sweating like never be4...like having ran for 2hrs..was literally dripping sweat off my forehead..it has never happened to me be4...guess i shod be happy?

took another dose of BC 2 hrs after my mid afternoon meal of cheeseburger (plain)..can't find anythin else to eat near where i am...did not touch the fries and had evian mineral water instead of soft drinks...felt slightly warm around my neck and even though i think the air-con in the room should hav been cold...i felt normal....though i got abit of headache everytime after taking a dose of BC...not sure y..but the 2nd dose for the day i decided to up my water intake by another litre...and the headache went away after awhile...

Current weight: 67.5kg / 148.5lbs
Bf% : Unchanged

ZoMbSta

Awards
Quick Question....

...Why are you cutting?
Well...i think a lil more background might help explain...i'm an asian living in Singapore..so it's like sunny and humid all yr round, so we don't hav winter or anything...new yr's coming around and there is gonna be a beach party for celebration...wanna look the best i can for it..and come jan/fev..there will be a beach volleyball tournament i'm gonna take part in...so i wanna look lean and of cuz hav the 6 packs.....after which i will start bulking again...

i understand at my current stats i might be kinda "skinny" in US bodybuilder terms...but as an asian in an asian country...i'm rather above average in size..the average man here is unfit and untrained...think ecto untrained or endo untrained...those r the average here...thanks for the interest!!..any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Not knowing your previous fat burner experience...I have a little bit of advice.

First, bare with it for a while. Most of these things take a week or so to get used to. Your body needs to adjust.

Second, wherever you get the burger at, is there nothing else on the menu? Also, maybe you should pack a lunch? Salad with a lot of protein, maybe? I feel when I eat high protein and a lot of ruffage I definately lean out more easily.

Other then that, for what you are trying to accomplish, your plan looks good...Best of luck!

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 2

Ok...decided not to take my BC on empty stomach today and with food to see its effect...had breakfast (scrambled eggs)..travelled to school and had fruit juice and 15 mins later took my BC...10mins after taking it...felt weird in the stomach...almost like hunger induced type of gastric irritation..and i burp alot..no smell though...took alot of water after that to try and stop the irritation..abt 2L within 2hrs..this time round I don't feel any thermo on myself but i guess i can say i was kinda focused..since its the first time i didn't fall asleep in this boring lecture..nearing 3 hrs after taking it..the effect start to wear off i think...felt abit restless and lethargic...

had a clean lunch...rice and stuff...then proceeded to the gym..i 4got to take it 30mins be4 workout and was only able to take it when i got to the gym together with my pre WO protein shake...the first few sets of my workout was normal..then suddenly...like a rush of energy hit me and was able to push out a new max for barbell triceps extension...the rest of the workout was as intense and was pretty satisfied abt it...did 25 mins of stat. cycling...

1 effect that i noticed with BC is with the 2 days i hav taken it..i had huge appetite and had the urge to constantly be eating...4 hrs w/o and i will be starving like i havent eaten in 2 days...and this will tempt me to overeat at every sitting..though i will try and control that part...and also if i dont take in any fluid at least once every 30mins i will get headaches...not extreme..but bad enuff to irritate me...anybody experienced anything like that?

today's cals:
2378 (F/C/P - 66/264/179)

cals expended for the day:

deficit of approx 500 cals.

today's weight: 66.9kg / 147 lbs

ZoMbSta

Awards
Not knowing your previous fat burner experience...I have a little bit of advice.

First, bare with it for a while. Most of these things take a week or so to get used to. Your body needs to adjust.

Second, wherever you get the burger at, is there nothing else on the menu? Also, maybe you should pack a lunch? Salad with a lot of protein, maybe? I feel when I eat high protein and a lot of ruffage I definately lean out more easily.

Other then that, for what you are trying to accomplish, your plan looks good...Best of luck!
thanks man...realli needed some support from u guys here..hmm...wat u mean by getting used to?...the supp side or positive effects?

haha..i got it from McDonald's....seems to hav nothing better...did consider making my own lunch..but was in a hurry and did not realli hav any time to make it...was on the move the whole day..salad with alot of protein?..it will be great if you can share some recipes on that...i can't find any significant amt of protein when taking in my greens...any advice for eating out if im forced to?

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 3

Sorry for the late post...had a full day of futsal tournament and as a result my diet went up in smokes...which turned out to be a blessing in disguise cuz over that few days i took carb..i was in fact gaining some BF from rough estimation by pinching my abs area...onli was able to take in 3 proper meals the whole day and as a result i lost the bit of fats i gained over the previous few days...again by rough estimation of pinching...onli took 1 dose of BC at night on the way to dinner which lasted abt 1 hr and after that i realised i was like in a "good mood"...very approachable and smiley...i guess its the subtle effect of well-being as described by many BC users...i think i lost a slight bit of LBM by lookin at the mirror..but nothing too much i need to worry abt...anyway i realised my temp drops on days my caloric intake is low and very high on days they r up...are they actualli correlated?

Day 4

Again today the futsal tournament continues and my meals also end up being 3 times onli...these 2 days i din bother updating fitday.com since i know im severe under in terms of cals....took 1 dose of BC upon reaching home...felt the other effect which is the hot burning feeling in the stomach...but its more bearable now..guess im getting used to it...again its trying to tempt me to eat with this induced hunger..don't worry...1 thing i dont lack is self-control..so its not much of a problem though its irritating..experience sudden increase in the level of focus at the moment...maybe i should take this opportunity to study?...i guess BC is good for those taking their exams since it gives extra focus without any jitters or neg sides...

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Good log, I'm a fan of Basic Cuts as well. I got used to the "stomach burning'' and I kinda like the mild "burn" I get now.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 5

Again I forgot to take my BC 30mins before workout..but it seems the longer i'm on BC the lesser time i need to take for the effect of BC to be felt...now its is roughly 5 mins after taking to feel the burning sensation and 15mins to feel the energy surge...again i agree that the effects are subtle..it doesnt jus hit u there and then..but as you continue on with ur workout u realise u need less recovery time and the weights that is in ur hands seems to be a tat lightly and you can move on the next heavier weight...

My workout was in the afternoon and my first dose of the day was in the morning after breakfast..i had insufficient sleep the night be4...due to some live soccer game on tv...so onli hav 5 hrs of sleep...damn..tot i can get away with the insufficient sleep by taking my BC....nope..it aint gonna work..sleep is sleep..nothing can replace it...

My afternoon workout was like wat i hav described above..its was a chest day and it was quite intense with the second dose of BC...manage to up the weights on my incline dumbbell chest press...

after workout was i got pretty sleepy again...i guess from having insufficient sleep...went home to take a 2 hrs nap and had dinner after that...

a few qns i got...should i actualli persist with a CKD?..is there another cutting diet that can hav the same results as CKD? reason being i feel deflated on CKD diet and my abs becomes much less visible until a day after my carb-up day...my muscles also shrink..that i know for such since i take measurements every 2 days as personal reference...

another qns i got is...will there be any fat gain if u eat..not a full meal but pretty average and after that go and sleep?..if there will be fat storage this way..how long be4 i sleep shod i stop all food consumption? havent seen as much results as i like since the last CKD i did...and that i think i dropped quite abit of water and fats since its the very first time i actualli go into a cals deficit since i started bodybuilding...

all advices are very much appreciated!!!....im very new into this cutting thing and need all the help i can get..

ZoMbSta

Awards
Good log, I'm a fan of Basic Cuts as well. I got used to the "stomach burning'' and I kinda like the mild "burn" I get now.
hey thanks Rivet..it's quite a decent product so far i feel..but the fatloss hasnt been that great..not sure if its my diet or the supp?...i work out on a daily basis...6-7times a week...so i dont think 1 of the reason was me being lazy...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i have a bottle of basic cuts somewhere in the cupboard. I might have too pull it out and try it.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 6

Down with a bad bad flu again..aching body and sore throat...guess i got it from the a**hole that was sneezing his way thru the whole gym yesterday...took 1 dose of BC today but food intake has been pretty severely under due to the flu...it really killed my appetite...anyway i got knocked out of ketosis i believe...after consuming rice for dinner..but i guess a balanced diet will allow me to recover faster and i can go keto again very fast? shod i have some carbs in my cutting diet and abandon CKD altogether? i think this is a pressing issue since I feel generally weaker on CKD and i THINK my immune system might also be weaker..this is the flu season in this part of the world...last thing i want is to be down with flu every few weeks and disrupt my program...any advice?

ZoMbSta

Awards
i have a bottle of basic cuts somewhere in the cupboard. I might have too pull it out and try it.
i believe its effect will be even more beneficial should u be on some supp thats causes lethargy or in a carb deficient diet...the effect wont be as pronounced if you hav other stims on hand too...but go ahead and try it and feel the euphoria that comes with it..1 of the side of BC is that is pretty difficult for me to get angry or hyped up..even with heavy metal music plugged to my ears...i jus feel like givin everybody in the gym a big hug while on this....:icon_lol:

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
hey thanks Rivet..it's quite a decent product so far i feel..but the fatloss hasnt been that great..not sure if its my diet or the supp?...i work out on a daily basis...6-7times a week...so i dont think 1 of the reason was me being lazy...
1 of the side of BC is that is pretty difficult for me to get angry or hyped up..even with heavy metal music plugged to my ears...i jus feel like givin everybody in the gym a big hug while on this....:icon_lol:

For fat loss I don't know for me I think it may be helping with damage control. I don't usually lose fat with stimulants unless its just by appetite suppression. I use it more for the other positive side effects you have mentioned like the mood boost.

You may also want to give some non stimulating fat loss supps a try. Look into Sesathin by Avant Labs, DCP (Damage Control Protocol) coming soon from RPN and my Favorite soon to be released product Anabolic Pump by USPLabs (feel free to check out my Log the link is in this post)

Last edited:

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 7

Took 1 dose of BC with lunch and did not feel any effect at all...hmm...maybe i was too busy with work while havin lunch and hence dont feel anything with it at all...

Took another dose after dinner and on the way to the gym..had my biceps worked and the workout was very intense and satisfying...the pumps on my bicep was insane and tight..and the focus was there for every set...im not sure where the pump came from since i did not take any carbs the whole day...not even dextrose or creatine...onli had protein and fats for dinner..hmmm...thats something i hope to see repeat itself over the remaining duration of my BC...anyway the burning sensation in my stomach seems to be lesser and lesser with each passing day to the point now after taking it i feel a lukewarm sensation in stomach..like after drinkin lukewarm water..though water i consumed it with is normal room temp..however..i also noticed that the focus and energy surge seems to fade away faster...it used to last an hr or 2....now it will onli last an hour max...though it frequently last onli 30-40 mins...is the effect wearing off me?...am i super-adaptive to such stims?

another effect of BC as i hav mentioned previously was the overall euphoric feeling and being very sociable...it happened again at the gym and i had the opportunity to chat up some girl after workout when normally im in the sulky "leave me alone" mood...

my fitday cals calculation:
Bodybuilding Forum - Anabolicminds.com

im also considering switching my diet to a 40/40/20 instead as i feel deflated and easily tired on a daily basis..and my abs seems to be less obvious then on carb-up days...i assume its the refilling of muscle glycogen that caused the abs to show...but i guess its hard to gauge on a daily basis whether there is an improvement in my BF% when my muscles are so deflated...and like wat Bobo has mentioned in other threads...i dont think its sustainable in the long-run and i dont want a rebound of fats to come back....

being on a CKD my performance in soccer and weights training also suffered pretty much...and its very very hard to find enuff cals to consume with high fats and protein without any carbs in it...im seeing that i consume way under in terms of cals...onli force-feeding actualli got me up to 1700cals which is not good....my metabolism will shut down at this rate...i think CKD will probably be good for those in the 20% BF range..but at whether i am now..and i can safely say im 12% or under..it jus wont work anymore..so im tryin to reintroduce carbs into my diet starting this sat..the day where im supposed to start my carb-up...i will up my carbs gradually so as not to cause a rebound..but will still maintain a cals deficit..btw when ppl mention 40/40/20..are they referring to them in terms of grams or cals?..im abit confused on that part...

your thoughts anyone?

ZoMbSta

Awards
For fat loss I don't know for me I think it may be helping with damage control. I don't usually lose fat with stimulants unless its just by appetite suppression. I use it more for the other positive side effects you have mentioned like the mood boost.

You may also want to give some non stimulating fat loss supps a try. Look into Sesathin by Avant Labs, DCP (Damage Control Protocol) coming soon from RPN and my Favorite soon to be released product Anabolic Pump by USPLabs (feel free to check out my Log the link is in this post)
im starting to agree that BC aren't that efficient in fatloss..or maybe its jus my diet problem...i dont think i need an appetite suppression?..cuz im not even eating enuff...

i hav read thru threads that says sesamin-based products actualli lowers libido?...thats somethin i wont consider since i wont wanna be able to give to my gf when she wants it..and getting accused of infidelity...DCP?...looks interesting..but from its name..isnt it more for damage control then losing the fats?....i will love to see u try Anabolic Pump...heard nothing but good things abt it..but it is also not for a cut rite?...i will want to hurry up with my cut until i achieve single digit BF and can start on my bulk again using Anabolic Pump..cant wait to try it for myself...looks deliciously good....

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 8

Got down with abit of flu again..i guess its realli maybe the CKD diet that is affected my immune system...not that i think it caused me to catch a flu..but without any carbs and everybody having the virus..it onli increases my chance to catch it too...but it wasnt that bad...

Had soccer training today and didnt get to go for weights training...before soccer training...i told 1 dose of BC with some hot green tea...bad move...it jus double up the burning sensation...was pretty bad and i had to take some non citrus juice jus to bring it down (there goes my ketosis state again!)...lesson learnt...never take BC with anything that is hot and acidic in nature..

took another dose of BC after dinner along with my flax oil and multi vits....havent felt much and abt to go to bed in 5 mins...dont think it will affect my sleep...shall report its effect on my sleep tomorrow...

today's cals intake:
Bodybuilding Forum - Anabolicminds.com

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
i hav read thru threads that says sesamin-based products actualli lowers libido?...thats somethin i wont consider since i wont wanna be able to give to my gf when she wants it..and getting accused of infidelity...DCP?...looks interesting..but from its name..isnt it more for damage control then losing the fats?....i will love to see u try Anabolic Pump...heard nothing but good things abt it..but it is also not for a cut rite?...i will want to hurry up with my cut until i achieve single digit BF and can start on my bulk again using Anabolic Pump..cant wait to try it for myself...looks deliciously good....
The ingredients to DCP would be good at helping you lose fat thats already there. I don't know much about Anabolic Pump and cutting however.

ZoMbSta

Awards
hmm..that would look interesting...who is it gonna be produced by? as for anabolic pump...i see ppl use it for bulking purposes and since it is good at shuttling carbs into the cells...not much will be stored as fats...ppl have reported hypo-glyemic symptoms on not having enuff carbs while on it..and a cutting diet definitely there will not be enuff carbs for it..but im still gonna get it for my bulking in future...jus waiting for it to come back in store..

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
hmm..that would look interesting...who is it gonna be produced by? as for anabolic pump...i see ppl use it for bulking purposes and since it is good at shuttling carbs into the cells...not much will be stored as fats...ppl have reported hypo-glyemic symptoms on not having enuff carbs while on it..and a cutting diet definitely there will not be enuff carbs for it..but im still gonna get it for my bulking in future...jus waiting for it to come back in store..
By adjusting dose, carb and water intake you could easily cut with AP. It redefines what a cutting diet should be.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 9

Had 1 dose of BC on empty stomach before going for a 40mins jog...burning sensation was there but is nowhere near as bad as yesterday..stamina on the jog was pretty bad..not sure was it cuz im recovering from flu or other things...but was struggling abit..

food intake is pretty solid today i must say..i up my carbs doing a 40/40/20 and actualli looked fully and not so tired..had all my carbs from healthy sources like pasta and rice and wheat bread...with the exception of 1 bottle of gatorade after the jog as i felt like dying from low blood sugar level...

second dose of BC was on my way to the gym...done my shoulders and triceps today....din feel anymore energy and was quite an average workout....

reporting on taking BC before sleeping last nite...i was having difficulty falling asleep right after i lay on the bed...took abt 30mins to 45 mins before i fall asleep...i dont think it is the problem with BC cuz i did hav this problem the previous night too...and my BC dose for that day was very far away from sleep...i thought it might be cuz i had dinner late last nite and too close to sleep..abt 1hr before sleeping..

another qns i gotta post to u guys...will there be fats gained if u eat close to bedtime? and also will eating so close to sleep actualli cuz u to take more time sleeping after u lay on the bed?

Cals for today:
grams - 48/191/171 - f/c/p
total cals = 1900

ZoMbSta

Awards
By adjusting dose, carb and water intake you could easily cut with AP. It redefines what a cutting diet should be.
hmm....quite interesting...could u explain as to how a cut applicable using AP? by that i mean how dosing for carbs is done to maximise the effects of AP without spilling over to being fats and at the same losing it? maybe a suggestion sample? thanks!!

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
hmm....quite interesting...could u explain as to how a cut applicable using AP? by that i mean how dosing for carbs is done to maximise the effects of AP without spilling over to being fats and at the same losing it? maybe a suggestion sample? thanks!!
It all comes down to getting the right balance of carbs and Anabolic-Pump, I feel your question is one a good few people are going to be interested in so I'll refer you to this thread - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/synergy-muscle/55928-anabolic-pump-real.html
My opinion is that with "maintanence" carb intake and low to moderate Anabolic-Pump dosing you can turn a recomp plan (moderate muscle gain and fat loss) into a cut (some muscle gain/preservation and excellent fat loss).

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
hmm..that would look interesting...who is it gonna be produced by?
Its being made by Recomp Performance Nutrition (Dsade and who else?) the store is not up yet but Nutraplanet carries the products. DCP is in testing phase right now.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 10

Was a rest day for me as I am still recovering for sore throat and lost my voice...took 1 dose of BC in the morning with my breakfast and another with my dinner..nothing to report as there is no effects or anything...diet wise was pretty bad...30/30/30 for my diet and still managed it super low at 1400 cals

Day 11

In a transition for my diet and slowly but surely getting it back...doing a high, mod, low carb cycling diet...am sure it will be good this time round without suffering from any loss in performance...sore throat and voice getting better but still far from normal...

1 dose of BC in the afternoon with just before i go for a swim...felt the burning sensation but quickly dissipate within 2 mins...but the entire time i was swimming i was burping and it smelt like my lunch...haha...lookin fully already with the reintroduction of carbs...

took another dose at night with my night-time protein shake and not feeling anything..i think to actually feel anything from it..you gotta take it on empty stomach or at least 45 mins after a meal...anyway hope it doesnt affect my sleep...moderate carbs today

cals for the day:
44/163/177 = 1766 cals

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
.i think to actually feel anything from it..you gotta take it on empty stomach or at least 45 mins after a meal...anyway hope it doesnt affect my sleep...moderate carbs today
If I take my regular dose of 3 caps on a full stomach I don't get much out of it. I need 4 caps for that and then the effect don't peak as much but last a little longer.

djl

Awards
  • Established
Its being made by Recomp Performance Nutrition (Dsade and who else?) the store is not up yet but Nutraplanet carries the products. DCP is in testing phase right now.
Nutraplanet does? I'm missing it then. Got a link handy? (I'm notoriously bad at typing in correct and effective search terms!).

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Nutraplanet does? I'm missing it then. Got a link handy? (I'm notoriously bad at typing in correct and effective search terms!).
Its not out yet. DCP is still in testing phase. NP had the RPN product line but nothing is really available for that line yet.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 12

Have been very busy as training for soccer had been pretty intense this week as inter-univerisity soccer tournament is coming up. Had my 2 doses of BC, once in the morning and once after lunch. Did not feel anything at all, maybe a slight increase in focus but that is about it.

ZoMbSta

Awards
Day 13

Soccer training again and will not be able to do weights training in the next 3 days. Had another 2 doses, once in the afternoon and once at night before dinner. Again did not feel anything. Wondering whether I'm already getting used to it. Looking leaner already. Hmmm...maybe its effect is subtle and I won't get the "i'm on it!" effect but is still working.

Day 14

Soccer training again and also took another 2 doses for BC with breakfast and lunch. My meals for the past few days have been pretty inconsistent, low frequency and large sitting, with only 4 meals a day, yet I'm looking leaner already?!?! Hmmm..anybody care to explain this phenomenon? And also if anybody wanna feel the burning sensation in the stomach, my advice is to take it at least 20mins after a meal or 10mins before, and u will get that nice warm feeling in it...

i'm thinkin of increasing my dosage to 6 caps a day, should it be 2 caps x 3 times a day or 3 caps x 2 times a day? As of cuz, using it for extra fat-burning/leaning effect

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

Day 14
10mins before, and u will get that nice warm feeling in it...

i'm thinkin of increasing my dosage to 6 caps a day, should it be 2 caps x 3 times a day or 3 caps x 2 times a day? As of cuz, using it for extra fat-burning/leaning effect
I always take mine 15mins before eating and I like that warm spicy feeling. I use 6 caps a day but 3 at a time. Perhaps for the fat burning I would go more with 2caps 3x a day. I use it for the focus it gives me and I find 3 caps at once is perfect for that use.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fatburner2007 Supplements 8
r6lift Supplements 7
Supplements 2
ShadowFury Supplements 4
bigpapa Supplements 0