Halodrol Liquigels & X-Factor Log

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Objective: This is an 8-week log starting today, October 30, of 2 boxes of Halodrol Liquigels and 2 bottles of X-Factor. I have used X-Factor before and I know it takes 4-5 weeks until it kicks in, which will be the last couple of weeks of running Halodrol Liquigels. I will also be taking fish oil [~900mg EPA/ DHA daily], which has been a no-no until recently but is deemed acceptable now.

Background: It could be found in my Diesel Test 2010 + Raw Test & Diesel Fuel Log

Goals: I want to gain at least 2-4 lean pounds by end of the 8th week while keeping body fat gain to a minimum.

Basic Stats:
  • Sex: Male
  • Height: 5’ 9”
  • BF: 10—11%
  • Weight: 172.6
  • Waist: 29”
  • Wrist: 5 7/8”

Workout Program:

DC, 2-way split, training MWF

Cardio Program:
  • MWF (workout days): 10—30min low-intensity on a bike
  • TTh: 45 min brisk walk in the morning
  • SaSu (sometimes): 45 min brisk walk

Diet: I will not be counting calories; I will be counting protein grams. I will be consuming the majority of carbs with the first two meals of the day and, on workout days, before and after workout. Most of the fats will be consumed earlier in the day too. I will be utilizing a carb cutoff after 6 p.m. where I will consume mostly protein and minimal amounts of non-starchy carbs and fats. Overall caloric intake would depend primarily on activity level that day but the principles of minimum protein intake and carb cutoff would always apply.

Here is my list of food choices: sirloin, eggs, tuna, almonds, cashews, walnuts, coconut oil, olive oil, soy lecithin, oatmeal, sweet potato, honey, raisins, grapefruit, broccoli, cauliflower, and miscellaneous fruit and vegetables. Water intake will be set at least 2 gallons; fiber would be around 60 grams per day.

Other Supplements:
  • MHP Activite Sport
  • S.A.N. Triple Strength Fish Fats
  • Source Naturals Relora
  • Nutrabolics InsuLeanK
  • Gaspari SizeOn
  • MRM BCAA+G
  • VPX NO-Shotgun/ ALRI Primed/ Get Diesel R4W V5.0
I do not consider protein/ MRP powder a supplement but here are the only two that I use:
  • Bioformx Maxxiplex
  • S.A.N. Infusion
Dosing Protocol:

Halodrol Liquigels/ X-Factor

Week 1: 3 gels
Week 2: 3 gels/ 3 gels
Week 3: 3 gels/ 3 gels
Week 4: 3 gels/ 4 gels
Week 5: 3 gels/ 4 gels
Week 6: 3 gels/ 4 gels
Week 7: ------/ 5 gels
Week 8: ------/ 5 gels

Final Remarks: I will only weigh myself once at the 4-week mark and then once at the end. I will take body and caliper measurements but I will only post the changes at the end.

I am very sensitive to cortisol suppression from test boosters and if lethargy levels become unacceptable I will add NOW Adrenal Support to the arsenal. Hopefully, Relora would prevent this from happening.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 1[/size], Monday, October 30

Workout: Chest/ Shoulders/ Triceps/ Back Width/ Back Thickness

Decline Barbell Press: 195 X 9+5+4, Extreme Stretching

Dumbbell Press: 45 X 10+5+5, Extreme Stretching

Dip: BW X 13+7+6, Extreme Stretching

(Assisted) Pull-Up: -8 X 12+7+6

T-bar Row: 90 X 9, 75 X 12, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:
20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

Not a bad first workout today, after taking 2 weeks off, well not completely off but still. I started with weights lower than my previous blast’s starting weights. No need to push it that early.

Halodrol Liquigels should be here Wednesday so this is when I start it.

Jdub

Awards
Good luck! Looks like a fun stack that should assist in some assume gains!

Jdub

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Okay, you stole a good idea I had ;) This should be an awesome stack, as I've read elsewhere that they could be pretty effective together.

Good luck, and I'll be watchin ya :thumbsup:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I am impatient to see hoe oily the skin will be, as XF by itself is the borderline for me.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 2[/size], Tuesday, October 31

Cardio:
45 min brisk walk upon rising

Comments:

I had very little soreness today, which is not typical. The appetite boost from morning cardio did not come until my third meal. Usually, one hour after breakfast I am starving.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 3[/size], Wednesday, November 1

Workout: Biceps/ Forearms/ Calves/ Hams/ Quads

Machine Curl: 55 X 14+8+7

Alternated Hammer Curl: 25 X 14, Extreme Stretching

Hammer Strength Calf Raise: 180 X 12

Seated Leg Curl: 70 X 12+6+5

Front Squat: 195 X 8, 125 X 20, Extreme Stretching

Comments:

Another good workout featuring two new exercises just introduced to this blast. I could’ve gotten 10 reps on the heavy set of front squats but decided to save it for the widowmaker and for the weeks to come. Form was great and hence the bar was easy to control: no slipping down my shoulders or towards my throat. I’m generally starting with weights 85—90% of my last blast’s weights so next time the jump in weight added to the bar will be significant, can’t wait!

I didn’t do cardio after the workout because of work commitments. I didn’t get the HLG today; my order will arrive tomorrow, after all :(

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
will you pct off the cycle with Novedex XT or another PCT product. It isn't needed, but i saw that BK said that it wouldn't hurt either and could help. just wondering?

jet11

Awards
dude your running 2 arachidonic acid products together? please explain the reason behind this bc i think im missing something?

why not just run xfactor along with DHEA, and ecdysterone? imo thats alot of arachidonic acid

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
HL isn't primarily AA. Plus, Gaspari said that for even better results you cna run them together!!!

jet11

Awards
damn well thats a hell of a stack on the wallet. hope its worth it, ill check in to see how it goes...

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
dude your running 2 arachidonic acid products together? please explain the reason behind this bc i think im missing something?

why not just run xfactor along with DHEA, and ecdysterone? imo thats alot of arachidonic acid
According to one of the formulators of the product, it contains more than 250mg of AA but I guess it's not that much more since it's not cheap and there are other ingredients. So I will be basically runinng a little over a gram of AA for 2 weeks, then a little over 1,250mg for 3 weeks, then exactly 1,250 for two more weeks, which is not "much."

I could've made my own stack with, say, X-Factor, E-Bol, and JW but it would've run me more[~ $220 vs. $160], prevented me from finding out a product that might work for me and from giving feedback on a stack some of you are contemplating running in the future.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MN has said that you can run 1250mg for 60 days. This is the absolute maximum and should only be run by "advanced users"

Something for you to think about. :D

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
MN has said that you can run 1250mg for 60 days. This is the absolute maximum and should only be run by "advanced users"
I am an advanced non-responder so I qualify :D

Seriously though, I have run X-Factor at 1,000mg before and wanted to bump it up once the effects diminished. This is my chance.

jet11

Awards
cool man, you know what you are gettin into, so im not doubting you, just was curious, good luck, interested to see your results...

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have done about 3 cycles of XF. What I saw was that the effects diminished if the interval is only 50 days. If you wait a good 120 days before running it again, the receptors will be back to normal and you will get huge DOMS again. Just from my experience. I will wait a good 120 days before running it again, and then slam it with a 60 day 1250 mg. cycle. This will be something ;)

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 4[/size], Thursday, November 2

Halodrol Liquigels: 1/ 1/ 1

Cardio:

Comments:

Quads are sore today in a way that only front squats can make them sore: deep under the skin, in the mid-thigh area. Calves are sore too which is good since that’s a new exercise I am using this blast and it’s always encouraging to feel that the stretch has been good.

Appetite was through the roof again after morning cardio and especially so later in the day. Since this is when I consume mostly protein, it is very difficult not to exceed the 2g per lb mark :food:

Today was also one of the best days in my life, not because I got my order in the morning and started HLG, but because I got my first real job offer, which I accepted. Therefore, I would be moving to NYC soon. Now that I got it, I can say that I saw it coming; I had a premonition if you will. This past week I have been very relaxed and focused and, as a result, very productive academically and professionally, i.e. I was my normal self. This is the opposite of my prevalent mood in the last, ummmm, few years, characterized by a total lack of motivation for school work, daydreaming and playing out dramatic scenarios in my mind to the point of driving me insane. Anyway, it seems to be all over now or at least for the time being.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 5[/size], Friday, November 3

Incline Dumbbell Press: 70 X 13+6+5, Extreme Stretching

Machine Shoulder Press: 70 X 11+6+5, Extreme Stretching

Decline Close-Grip Bench Press: 135 X 12+7+6, Extreme Stretching

Pulley Row High Pull: 6 X 14+9+8

Deadlift: 245 X 7, 225 X 10, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:
20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

I took a long nap in the afternoon and worked out 2 hours later than normal, yawning all the time. Still a good workout, mainly because I kept it relatively light: I hit reps closer to the upper limit of 30 rest-paused. I absolutely love the new back width exercise; I feel the lats working very well, which is usually missing while doing other exercises. Also, this blast I decided to do the heavy set of deadlifts first and then the light set. I will still do the light first and heavy second for rack pulls, which generally limits how much I lift, mainly to keep the weight lighter and stay away from trouble.

bubbaw

bubbaw

Awards
Congrats on the new job bruddah !!

just to clear up any confusion, your 4th day of your log is your 1st day of the liquigels?
Just a thought but mabey note that somehow in your daily.
I'm a week into my liquigels and will be following along for comparison. Keep it up.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man!

Yes, I started HLG on the 4th day of my log.

Good luck!

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
I'm watchin too. I'm on week 3 of Halodrol LG's and my gains have been pretty damn good so far, even though I haven't gained much, if any weight.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm watchin too. I'm on week 3 of Halodrol LG's and my gains have been pretty damn good so far, even though I haven't gained much, if any weight.
do you have a log also? post it, i'm there!! :D

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 6[/size], Saturday, November 4

Comments:

I don’t feel much tired, if at all.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 7[/size], Sunday, November 5

Cardio:

Comments:

Very mild soreness today, nothing out of ordinary overall.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 8[/size], Monday, November 6

X-Factor: 1/ 1/ 1

Cable Preacher Curl: 6 X 13+6+5

Reverse-Grip One-Arm Cable Curl: 2 X 20 , Extreme Stretching

Standing Calf Raise: 160 X 12

SLDL: 145 X 16

Leg Press: 12 X 8, 9 X 20 , Extreme Stretching

Cardio:

20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

I screwed up my sleep over the weekend and now I am paying for it. Not a bad workout, though, I finished pretty quickly too.

I finished the first blister pack of HLG today, 5 days in but nothing to report. Today was day one of X-Factor too.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
do you have a log also? post it, i'm there!! :D
Naw man sorry, I didnt start a log. I can tell you that I've gone up either at least 5 pounds or a rep or two every week on the big lifts though. (bench, squat, dl)

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established

you eating ehnough? Youshould be gaining weight if your weights are going up..especially when the back of the box says " If you are looking to add pounds to your frame or to the weight you pull and push at the gym, then Gaspari Haladrol liquigels is the undisputed best legal choice for optimizing these goals." Gaspari would never lie right?

I've got a box in my desk drawer I'm to take in 8 weeks...think I'm going to stack it with yellow gold and trione

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
you eating ehnough? Youshould be gaining weight if your weights are going up..especially when the back of the box says " If you are looking to add pounds to your frame or to the weight you pull and push at the gym, then Gaspari Haladrol liquigels is the undisputed best legal choice for optimizing these goals." Gaspari would never lie right?

I've got a box in my desk drawer I'm to take in 8 weeks...think I'm going to stack it with yellow gold and trione
I'm probably not eating enough. It's hard to do with my class schedule and college budget. I've been eating slightly more, but probably not enough.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 9[/size], Tuesday, November 7

Comments:

I missed cardio this morning because of school. I didn’t feel rundown at all which is untypical after a heavy leg day. I am starting to think that Relora is doing its job of helping with CNS recovery but of course I can’t be sure. I will have to wait until I start beating the book next week. Also, there is very little soreness which is untypical too. The multi I am using, Activite, claims to reduce lactic acid significantly so maybe it’s working. The difference is staggering though, when compared to other multi’s I have tried: Animal Pak and Adam. I am not changing that one any time soon.

I had a free wellness check done for free at school today so I’m posting the results. Keep in mind that blood was drawn after my second meal of the day, especially when considering blood glucose levels.

• Total Cholesterol: 198 (<190)
  • HDL: 68 (>40)
  • TC/ HDL ratio: 2.9 (<4.5)
  • Blood Sugar: 109 (<125 non-fasting, 70—110 fasting)
Units are mg/dl. I am quite happy with the glucose levels, given that I am carb sensitive and that I had a 100+ carb meal an hour before the blood sample was taken. I don’t have baseline to compare to, but InsuLeanK seems to be working well [that is, for the $12 per bottle I paid]. I don’t feel crappy after a carb meal which is unheard of for me.

I will try and have another test done upon discontinuing Halodrol Liquigels to see if the AI has an effect on cholesterol levels. It may be done first thing in the morning thus not really comparable to the present one, but it would nevertheless provide some insight. More on that in 5 weeks.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 10[/size], Wednesday, November 8

Incline Smith Press: 140 X 8+6+5, Extreme Stretching

Shoulder Smith Press: 90 X 8+5+4, Extreme Stretching

Floor Triceps Extension: 25 X 10+5+4, Extreme Stretching

Chin-Up: BW X 7+4+3

Rack Pull: 225 X 10, 275 X 7, Extreme Stretching

Cardio:
20 min LI on a bike

Comments:

I finished within the hour today, cardio excluded, so the workout was quite intense. I pulled something in the area of my left shoulder blade on the 5th rep of the second set of rack pulls but was able to do a couple more reps. I have an upper back problem where a nerve gets pinched every now and then but it’s nothing serious usually. Good thing I didn’t put a lot more weight than I did, I will have plenty of opportunities to do that in the next 6 weeks, I hope.

It’s day 7 of HLG but nothing new to report. I feel good but nothing out of ordinary.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, are you saying that you usually feel drained or tired after a carb meal?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, are you saying that you usually feel drained or tired after a carb meal?
Yes, I am very carb sensitive, two slices of bread can put me to sleep. I also gain fat mostly around the waist which confirms my sensitivity.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 11[/size], Thursday, November 9

Cardio:

Comments:

Triceps have never been so sore but then again I haven’t done skull-crushers in least a year. I like the floor extensions much better than the reverse-grip bench I had in my last rotation. The only thing is that I had intermittent throbbing pain in my left elbow all day today, which seemed to diminish later on. I know this one is hereditary though, that’s my father’s problematic elbow too.

Amazingly, no other parts were sore today, even traps, which get hit hard during any kind of a deadlift, from the floor or from the rack. I am now convinced that it’s my multi doing its job: nothing else that I have taken has reduced soreness so fast.

Mood is good, much better than it used to be after workout days, but I don’t think HLG has kicked in yet.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 12[/size], Friday, November 10

EZ Preacher Curl: 30 X 13+7+6

EZ Reverse-Grip Curl: 20 X 12 , Extreme Stretching

Leg Press Calf Raise: 8 X 12

Sumo Leg Press: 4 X 20

Squat: 225 X 8, 175 X 20 , Extreme Stretching

Cardio:

15 min LI on a bike

Comments:

I slept only 3 hours last night because of a headache. The thing is, I haven’t had headaches for 15 years. I figured this one was due to eye strain because it aggravated with more exposure to artificial light. Needless to say, the workout suffered a lot because of that. I didn’t put much weight on the heavy set of squats but at least I did the widowmaker with the weight I had planned. I haven’t sweated that much in a long time.

Triceps are still sore from last workout.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
machinehead, email me at [email protected]. I have several questions for you and it won't let me pm you. It seems you are describing me to the "t!"

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 13[/size], Saturday, November 11

Cardio:

Comments:

One of the best days I have had in a long time mood-wise. It probably had to do with the 12 hours of sleep I got. There is very little soreness in my legs but there is still some in my triceps :blink:

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
[size=+1]Day 14[/size], Sunday, November 12

Cardio:

Comments:

Well, soreness today is almost debilitating. It seems that it is usually much more pronounced the second day after training as opposed to the day after. My inner thighs are so stiff it’s difficult to walk normally. Man, I love the sumo leg press.