TAKING BULKING TO THE PEAK. (Sponsored Log)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks to TheSolution 1Fast400 and Primaforce I've been one of five board members selected to log PEAK02.

PEAK O2 helps increase time to exhaustion, improves 02 uptake and V02max, while also increasing peak power.

Each scoop of PEAK02 is 2g. There are 60 servings per container. I will be using 2 scoops daily, one pre-workout and one post-workout. I may play around with this a little bit as the log progresses, but seeing this is the recommended usage on the bottle I'll start with this protocol.

Ingredients:per scoop.
PEAK02 Performance Blend-2000mg
Cordyceps
Reishi
King Trumpet
Lion's Mane
Shiitake
Turkey Tail

If anyone's ever used the amazing product XTEND PERFORM, you've already had the pleasure of experiencing PEAK02 as it's contained within SCIVATION's BCAA Product. I used PERFORM extensively while on my most recent cut and I really felt the results were simply fantastic. On this cut I started out at 184 lbs with a body fat percentage of 22.2%. This cut began in January and ended in the early part of August. At the conclusion of the cut I weighed in anywhere from 155.4 to 158 lbs, my weight fluctuated 2-3 lbs daily at that time for whatever reason. My Final BF% was 8.8%. I began this cut without even knowing about the product, but once I became aware of it, I was hooked. I used perform Pre, Intra and Post workout. I just loved the way the product made me feel, and felt that without it I couldn't have possibly endured the insane amount of cardio I completed in addition to my workouts.

While any product alone cannot take full credit for all the handwork and effort put into a cut, I believe my results wouldn't have been as great as I feel they were without it.

This time around I'm using PEAK02 as a stand alone product while on BULK. I'm going to be trying various workout routines and different forms of cardio throughout this log to see how PEAK02 helps in various areas.

I'm currently finishing up my Log for FINISH LINE post workout, and will immediately transition to this log once that one is completed towards the end of this week. I look forward to providing you all with as much information as possible and hope you'll ask questions that will help you make up your own mind if this product seems like something you'll want to incorporate into your own workout program.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good stuff man. Lets get after it

Intensity Techniques, Rest Pause, Accumulation Sets, Giant Sets. Make sure to mix it up and really test the Peak02 to its limits.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good stuff man. Lets get after it

Intensity Techniques, Rest Pause, Accumulation Sets, Giant Sets. Make sure to mix it up and really test the Peak02 to its limits.
Will do. And first day will be Friday and gonna b arm day. Lots of ss and giants planned

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I thought I had another day if finish line but when I went to grab a scoop all that was left was dust. So that said I began my peak02 workouts today and if the rest of the days turn out as well as this one did then this product is as awesome for bulking as it was with perform with cutting.

Today was back and abs. I already had the workout planned out, so I went with that.

Deadlift
135x12,225x10,275x6,325x3,365x2,375x1,385x1

Okay a cpl of points here. I am a feel guy when it comes to rest periods. I only use specific rest times when doing certain protocols and those r for cutting. But I noticed that my time to being ready to go today was dramatically quicker than it typically is. Normally on the dead I take roughly 3-5 between sets but today I was all set at about 1.5-2 minutes. Power was not sacrificed at all. My previous pr was 365x1. Today I got two and felt good so I went to 375 and got it and was super pumped so I bumped it to 385 and hit it. Barely, but it was clean and super proud to have done that. My goal for deadlift that I set b4 I began my bulk was hitting 405 and I'm only 20 lbs away as if today and still have 9 weeks to go.

Bent over row
245x6,6,7,5. 185x12
I alternated grips on every other one.
Again I had great success here. Rest again was quicker than usual and I hit a new pr with the 7 reps.

Seated vbar row. 3x6 260,265,265
New pr again.

Wide pd
200x8,205x7,6

Pr again. See the trend. Now I've been hitting prs ever since I started bulking but never have each of my first four lifts of the day been able to pr b4.

Wanted to add in a high rep move here to see how power compared after the heavy low rep work.

Straight arm pulldown
3x15 35,50,65

These were to failure or 15 reps whichever came first and I was able to hit the 65 for the full 15 reps. I did time these two. I went with 45 sec between sets.

Typically I'd be close to done by now but I still had enough for a little more so decided to do some bat wings to get some dedicated rhomboid work.

This is a move I like using as a warm up but did this at the end today to gauge how much power I lost from doing first to last.

Typically I do 50x5 4 sets as a warm up. I started there but only got 2 sloppy reps. But got a clean 5 with 45 lbs. so only lost 5 lbs of power after all the work previously completed. Finished up with 2 sets of 10 @35 lbs.

For abs I did a nonstop circuit. Normally I do abs 3 sets of one and then move on. But thought I'd test the peak02 and since it was late and the cardio machines were all packed figured this way I'd get a little cardio activity as well.

Lying leg raises 20
Oblique pulley bend 30x12
Standing rope crunch 85x20
Hanging leg raises 10
Db side bends 50x12
Kneeling rope crunch 85x20
Hanging leg raises 10
Db side bends 50x12
Kneeling rope crunch 85x20

I left the gym 1.5 hours after I got there and did a ton of work yet still left having energy. So far so excellent, can't wait to see what it does for my crazy arm day tomorrow

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 1 and already a believer.
Its only gonna get better!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I have no choice but do be a day 1 believer. The workout today has sold me. Tomorrow I gave a crazy arm day planned so peako2 will certainly b tested for sure.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So today I decided to put together the sickest arm workout I could think of. I really wanted to put peako2 to the ultimate test and to be perfectly honest, I didn't think I'd complete this workout before I started it.

To make things better to gauge I went away from my usual mesomorph pre workout and went with a non stim pre. I mixed the peako2 in with the pre before I left the house and decided to do the second dose intra workout, mixed with my watermelon Xtend.

Triceps
I started out by taking a giant set from one of flex lewis' incredible arm workouts. 4 exercises. 4 sets. 20 reps per set, with weight getting bumped each set.
Rope pushdown
Ez pushdown
Reverse ez pushdown
Ez cable skullcrusher
90 sec rest between each set
25,35,40,42.5 lbs. worked and hit for 20 reps on each. Pump was out of this world and had no trouble recovering between sets. The last set was pretty tough with the skull. My arms were giving out a little about rep 14 but then I got a little burst and was able to hit the 20 reps

Close grip bench press
Ascending
135x12,155x10,175x8,195x6

To b honest I prob should've started the ascending at 155 and hit 215 for the six but I underestimated myself so I started out a little lower then I could have

Biceps
Spider curl fst-7 protocol
55 lbs 7x10

Fst-7 is a great technique that I highly encourage ppl to Google and give a try. But in a nutshell it's working in the 8-10 rep range with 30-45 sec rest between sets. During the rest periods u stretch out the muscle belly to really work the fascia. I was able to consistently hit the next rep at or around the 30 sec mark, with the last few sets being closer to 45. Outside of the final set I was able to clear full rom and the last set wasn't bad either but biceps were so filled with blood by this point the last few reps I couldn't get fully contracted

I took about five minutes before I did my next move.

I created this myself. I used to swim in college and part of our practices we would sprint the length of the pool and immediately begin again on the 30 sec mark. So if u finish at 25 sec u only have 5 sec rest b4 starting again. I incorporated this idea into various lifts and today I used it with the barbell curl
10x3. On the 30. Using your 6 rep max. I rotated between wide and close grips to make the move a bit more difficult. I was able to finish this without dropping weight and completed all 10 sets using 95 lbs

I was shocked I had so much left in the tank at this point and so I continue.

Ss
Db hammer 50-3x12
Rope hammer 65-3x10

I needed to take a few minutes to stretch out the bis a bit at this point as they were really starting to tighten up bad.

Db incline curl

Here I used the cep protocol. Cep stands for cellular expansion protocol. Again google the protocol, its pretty solid. But in short u do one set of 4 drops. 8 reps each. U twist your wrist out st the peak of each rep and after u complete the 8 reps you hang your arms to the side, twisting the wrist out to get a really nice stretch on your biceps and hold that for 15-20 seconds before moving on to the next drop which takes place immediately after u put the first weights down

35-30-25-20.

Made it through but my biceps were toast by this point and I still had one tri set left to go for forearms. I took about three minutes sipping on the enhanced Xtend and was ready to go again

Reverse cable curl. 3x10. 50,57.5,65
Zottman curl 3x12. 10,15,20
Holds to failure at top of pull up bar

The only thing I had to do here was start the zottman a little lower than I normally would have and I'm glad I did bc the 20 felt like 50 but knocked em out

For abs I did smith machine hip raises 4x25. 135,185,225,275

Typically I'd be in the shower after all that work but I still had enough energy to run 4 rounds of tabata to get some cardio in.

Tabata, for those unfamiliar, is 20 sec of work, 10 sec rest for a total of 4 minutes.

Round 1 15 lb kb swings
Round 2 rowing machine
Round 3 recumbent bike
Round 4 treadmill sprints

I noticed that my breathing was quite under control throughout the rounds despite leaving it all out there. In fact I actually jacked up the treadmill speed on the final round twice bc my usual working speed was somehow not taxing me enough today

So as u can tell this stuff works. Increased natural energy throughout, insane ability to recover between sets and I put together a grinder with the various techniques I applied today.

Tomorrow is my second leg day for the week and it'll be leg press, curls, extensions, calves and prob a cpl sets of ghr's

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah of course lol. Def not needing that other stuff lol

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha. Yeah I hear you. I think it's the brain filling in the extra e for u. Kinda like that game where u read a paragraph with obvious mistakes but as you're reading it your brain auto edits for u

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I woke up feeling kinda crappy and the weather is garbage so I may just take the weekend off. Brains telling me to go tho so got some time to see how the day goes

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok just to keep everyone in the loop. I felt terrible all weekend and still not perfect today but have felt better than I had all weekend for the most part today but equilibrium was off a bit this afternoon and thought it best to just take another day.

This whole month has been the worst I've had in a long time. Beginning of the month had bronchitis and that took about a week to truly clear and then this Ill feeling this past weekend. It's just so hard for me not to push myself and go to the gym, it's basically who I am now and not going has been awful.

Here's to hoping tomorrow will be back to tip top shape. But bc of these missed days and thanksgiving on Thursday I'm gonna have to run different splits this week. Was thinking chest/back as one day. Legs another then shoulder arms a third day with Saturday being a chest back leg auxiliary day. Any thoughts on this.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Bro
get 100% and then get back into the gym and resume the log

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Felt good this am and stayed feeling good by Lunch. So hit the gym for chest.

Mixed peako2 pre workout in my pwo and again intra with Xtend.

After taking a few days off I wasn't really sure how today would go, especially seeing I lost 3 lbs since Friday's weigh in despite making my every attempt to keep macros high even though I wasn't at the gym.

Bench
135x12,185x10,225x8. 260-3x5

Got an extra rep out on 225 and bumped the pr 5 lbs. didn't get the 6 I was shooting for but 3x5 I'm proud of, as I wasn't sure I'd even get close. But felt really good and the warm ups felt really light and the recovery was ultra fast, so tried it and got the 5's

Incline bb
155x11,175x9,195x7,215x3

Again the recovery was very fast in between sets. The early weights felt great. I never tried 215 before. But I was going with a progression and really thought I'd hit the 5 there based on how the 7 for 195 felt but that extra 20 lbs might as well have been 50 bc it felt heavy as heck

Incline db
75x10,80x8,85x6

These felt good. Getting used to the higher weights bc gym just upgraded last week to having over 70 lb db's.

Thought I throw a little high rep work in here

Low crossover
20x15,15x20,10x25

Very little rest between sets and no recovery issues at all

High crossover
10x30,20x20,30x10

Rope crunch. Kneeling
3x25. 100,105,110

This felt great as I was able to crank out 5 extra reps per set than I normally can at these weights

Hanging leg raises 3x18

20 minute incline treadmill

I wasn't even sweating about 12 minutes in so I upped the speed to 4 from 3 for the last 8 minutes

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yeah man WELCOME BACK!
Thanks. Felt so good getting back in there. I can't stress enough how miserable I was not able to go past few days

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same dosing protocol. Pre and intra.

Got a late start today but got the workout portion completed

Bb shoulder press
3x12. 45,95,135. 185x8. 195x6,200x6

Db shoulder press
75x10,80x8,85x6

1 arm lateral raise
3x10. 55,60,65

Overhead front raises
3x12. 40

Ss-ds
Seated db fly 3x12 45
Standing db fly 3x12 25

Overhead db shrug 3x10 15lb

Db shrug 3x20 55,60,70

Ss
Skullcrusher 3x12 75.
Bar curl 3x12 45,65,85

Ss
Straight bar cable curl 3x12. 35,50,50
Rope pd 3x12 50

Ss
Db hammer 3x10. 55,60,60
Db kickbacks 3x10. 35,40,40

Bc of the late start by the time I got to cardio portion it was bonkers packed in gym and there wasn't any machines open and floor section had a bunch of cpts trainers bf clients so I just hit the shower

Today's observations

Again recovery in between sets was outstanding. The ability to hit that extra rep was consistent even when going heavy. Overall endurance is thrown bb the roof. I've found that my mental focus gives way before musculature fatigue kicks in. Would've had no problem getting a good cardio session in had it not been for the overcrowded gym

Gyms only open til 1 tomorrow and I know with the holiday that there's no way I make it in time. So will get back at it on Friday and I wish everyone a happy thanksgiving

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is some Perfect feedback man
Have a wonderful holiday
THank you so much for the great log in here. Keep ROCKING IT!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hope everyone enjoyed themselves yesterday. I ate like a cow. 4 pieces of pie. Absolutely no self control when it comes to apple or cherry pies and of course there were both.

Woke up in a really bad mood today. Everything was irritating me. Went out paid a bill and when I got home my mother sent me out for some stuff she needed. She couldn't have called me while I was out I guess. Then I get back and the dogs out of food so I have to run out again. While out I run into a cpl I knew from college who I never even really liked and they wouldn't stop talking. Finally I got home and I couldn't find a parking spot bc my neighbors across the street have 7 cars and refuse to park in their own driveway instead the take up every parking spot around. Parking right in the middle of two spots too.

Ok I finally got to gym. Really wasn't in the mood though but got there.

Abduction adduction ss 150x30

Back squat 45x10, 135x12,225x10,275x8,315x6,365x5,375x3

Recovery as seems to always b the case was super fast in between sets again. Since I went super heavy I really can't gauge effect on additional reps but the five for 365 matched pr and I prob could've got six but headphones were slipping off my head that fifth rep so threw me off track and stopped. I was pleased to hit the 375 for 3, never tried that weight b4 so happy I got a few reps in.

Front squat
225x8,245x6,255x6

These felt awesome. Extremely low depth and prd with the 255. Really think the bump after the previous work can point to the endurance effectiveness of peako2

Hoist machine leg curl. New machine at gym wanted to try it out. Really like it. It moves when you curl which forces a strong peak contraction. 4x12 128,138,148,158

Hoist leg extension 4x12 125,145,165,185

Crazy how my legs just turned to jelly at this point kind of like a switch was flipped.

Standing calf machine
350x12,370-2x10. Prs

Seated calf raises
90x23, 100x20,110x18

Decline crunch 3x25

Had to bolt bc of time but my legs were so shot I probably couldn't have done much cardio if any

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Crushing it and putting that pie to good use! That a boY!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Woke up feeling great today. Did a little shopping, felt good about the deals I got. Had a pb and jelly sandwich on Ezekiel bread with some sweet potato and a shake for lunch and got myself all psyched up for today's session by listening to a little playlist I made up: Kanye-Jesus walk with me, trap them-gift and gift unsteady, jay z-dirt off your shoulder, and blood for blood-a bitch called hope.

Reason for the "game day" psyche up is I was going for 405 on dl.

I got to the gym feeling sick, not ill, but freaking in the zone. Did my warm up:
Straight arm pulldown 30x100

Lats were feeling full and great. Almost too easy actually. I used to do this super rep warm up a while ago and thought I'd see how peako2 enhanced it, well could b I just got stronger since last time I did it like this, but it went super smooth and really, like I said, almost too easy.

Followed up with some bat wings
50-4x5

Again these felt great. Normal working weight for these. Last week I did at end of workout and only lost 5 pounds working weight wise. So since this was starting up I went back to the 50. Again this felt easier than it ever had.

Deadlift

135x12,225x10,275x8,325x6,365x3.

Everything was clicking. Recovery in between sets was super fast and smooth. Energy was great and body felt fantastic. The plan was only to do the 365x2 then hit last weeks pr of 385x1, then go for the 405.

But I felt great so I went for 3 &365 and that one extra rep cost me the rest of the workout. Sure I got a new 3 rep pr,but I did what I hate doing, and that's going off book and skewing from a set plan. I just felt great though so I went with it. But on that 3rd rep I pulled something above my left hip and it tightened up so fast I had to foam roll for about ten minutes st the rack.

Felt a little better, dropped the weight to 315 and figured I'd do some fives. I could only get one so I called it.

Went to bent over row.
3x12. 135,185,205.

The 12 & 205 is a new 12 rep pr but during that set my neck got tweaked. Idk. No explanations really

Figured I'd try some more over at the machines.

Hoist mid row
3x13. 125,165,205. These felt ok.

Hoist pd
105x15,165x15,185x10

The last set really upset my neck and by this time hip area was so tight again I did what i prob should've done twenty minutes earlier and hit the showers

Odd thing is I had tons of energy and endurance was flowing strong but the tweaked areas were too much, so it was an odd dichotomy where you're feeling like u can do tons more but you're body tells u to stop.

Gonna spend the night stretching good and foam rolling while watching hoops. Hoping this is just a one day thing

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you get a rumble roller (has spikes) May help a bit more with recovery and really getting into those trigger points. be a great xmas gift !

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. Actually that's what I have

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The pain in my lower back/hip area is really bad. Been having to take pks just to deal over weekend. Was going to go to chiropractor today but they changed hours since last time I was there so will have to go tomorrow.

Did go to gym and do chest today.

I knew I couldn't do abs or cardio bc of this pain so I decided to take virtually nothing rest in between sets. Just enough time to rerack weights.

Was fully expecting to b gassed but man I wasn't at all. My oxygen intake was super high and recovery was like never b4 and that's saying something seeing peako2 has kept recovery lightning fast every time.

Bench
95x15,136x12,185x10,225x8,265-2x5, 225x8

Pr on the 265. Very pleasantly surprised, especially seeing I wasn't really taking rest. I only did 2 sets instead of the 3 I normally do at the high weight but second set my butt was starting to lift and it was irritating my back pain so I dropped and was still able to hit 8 @225

Incline
135x12-super easy
185-2x6. Much lower than I usually get but again I found my butt lifting and had to stop. I'm gonna have to pay attention especially after back heals to see if I consistently lift butt on these high lifts bc if so I'm gonna work lighter to make sure I'm keeping form solid.

Hoist machine chest press

Did machine here bc I didn't feel comfortable going to dumbbells at this point with the pain

2x12-165,205. 245x8

Hoist pec dec
2x15. 65,105. 2x12-125,145. 165x8

All in all a good workout considering. Slammed this out in 40 minutes. Just happy I was able to get work in.

Am concerned with no cardio so I may go to local pool and see if that would enable some cardio without weight bearing.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Drove all the way to chiropractor yo find out I wrote hours down incorrectly lol

Anyhow. Felt s little better anyways today, still hurts like hell but perhaps a ring a little higher up lol

Pretty quick 1 hr workout today. Worked shoulder press with a friend and these sets took approximately 3 min rest between sets but really didn't need it, just had to wait while he lifted

95x12,135x10,165x8,190x8,200x8,205x6
These felt awesome. Little discomfort in low back at the 205. But prs for both 8 and 6 reps

Single arm plate loaded shoulder press 45 per sidex30 reps

Did this in 2-2,4-4,6-6,8-8,10-10 alternating style

Side lateral raise machine
80x12,110x10,125x10

Upright row
4x10. 45,65,95,105

Bar shrug
3x20. 105,115,125

Was gonna keep going but a lot of discomfort on the 125 so stopped

Rear delt fly

Tried standing wasn't happening, hurt bad. Went to seated, again painful. Went to lying face down on incline and that worked
25x15,40x12,50x12

Shrug on calf machine
3x20. 200,220,240

Again recovery through the roof, little to no oxygen issues despite rapid pace and endurance to b able to keep things relatively heavy for most sets despite the low rest periods.

Thought I'd give walking a try but after about five minutes the hip area started hurting so called it a day

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Glad to hear you are feeling better mayne.
Lets keep crushing it.
Keep us up to date on day to day recovery, things you also notice when incorporating intensity techniques and other forms of cardio into your routine and how the peak02 plays its part.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The day to day recovery has been excellent as far as doms goes. Haven't had any, just didn't really think of that aspect until now bc I've been in pain, but yeah when I take that pain out of the equation there really isn't any doms to speak of. Even initial soreness post workout is pretty low considering the intensity that I try to incorporate.

The hope for this log had been to use various cardio designs but unfortunately bc of being sick last week and the injury this week my cardio has sucked. But I'm hopeful that I'll b able to add more in each day. Got five in today, am considering the pool but just holding off bc of cost, but if I'm still hindered in a day or two I'll throw that in there.

But when I do get to use cardio again I'm looking forward to it, bc I know the peako2 helps tremendously, as I mentioned b4. I used perform during my last cut and did tons of cardio and it really helps u work at max capacity for extended periods of time regardless of style, even while at a limited caloric intake. So really looking forward what it'll do while in surplus

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was a pretty long day. Got up early and went to pool. Took peako2 prior to heading out the house with shake.

I used to b pretty damn good at swimming. Swam in college for 3 years, but it's actually been a while since I hit the pool outside of purely recreational.

Kinda humbling actually. I'm slow now. Really slow. I used to swim 100 in 52 seconds, did it in 74 today. Damn

Anyhow the water felt pretty good on the low back. Overall backs not been good today, a little better than it's been but not great, but progress nonetheless.

Started out by swimming 1000m untimed real slow warm up.

From here I swam a reverse pyramid. It was pace up but still untuned 200,100,50,25

Finished off with 10 laps on the 30 sec mark so kinda like hiit in that respect.

Finished off with a leisurely 200

Had no trouble getting through the casual swim portions

Breathing got a bit labored at first on the pace up part but like a switch flipped it regulated quickly. Recovery was outstanding in the timed sprints. After the pace up pyramid I was a bit concerned being able to hit the sprints but remarkably I thought this was my best segment. Endurance was solid, as I mentioned oxygen regulated quickly and sprint recovery was outstanding.

Took several hours b4 heading to gym. Dosed intra with Xtend

Close grip bench
95x15,145x12,165x10,185x8,205x8

Most I've ever done 205 at

No rest at all. Just re rack time

No trouble and got the pr. On last set. Proved the ultra fast recovery and endurance aspect of peako2

Bar curl
45x15,65x12,85x10,105x8,95x10

Same thing. No rest. Pr again on high weight, matched pr on last set

Rope pd 3x15 40,50,60

Most reps done at 60. Took 30 seconds rest in between and recovery was easy

Preacher
3x12 50,70,80

30 seconds rest. Same thing easy recovery.

Arms were flush with blood here, super sore but screaming at me to keep going

Lying flat bench sideways tri extension 30x12,35x10,40x6

Didn't complete the progression as weight was a bit high

Overhead tri ext 3x12 40lbs
Ss with single 3x10 7.5,12.6,17.5

No rest between ss. Recovery was great and no issues completing sets

Db hammer 3x12 40,50,55

Reverse cable curl 3x15 35 lbs

Entire workout took 45 minutes

Dripping with sweat but still feeling great

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yoooo....killer log so far maybe u can hit a workout with me and bob next sunday!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yoooo....killer log so far maybe u can hit a workout with me and bob next sunday!
Sounds good. Bills don't play till 4 so am is def free. Prob won't b able to dead or squat but open to whatever else

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Catalyst at 12-1 PM????? mkretz just get me the donuts :)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That should work. If he brings u the Paula's you'll have all the carbs u need for five workouts

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was an absolute joke.

Spent two hours getting new iPhone plus this am. Then got in a huge blowout of an argument with my mother. Sucks bc if me and my dad get into a big argument 15 min later we're chatting like nothing. But she gives you the silent treatment for days. It's stupid really. She was totally wrong but I should've just nodded and kept quiet bc she was looking for a word or two to set her off. Oh well

Then I finally got to the gym to do legs but everything I tried it aggravated my back so all I did was 5x12 leg extensions 125,145,165,205,245

4x12 leg curls 58,108,158,178

Did 3x10 on leg press but last one started feeling the pressure on back so stopped. Weights really aren't even worth noting

Did calf presses 180,270,360 20 reps each

Seated calf 90x26,115x20,125x17

28 min of actual work

I had a feeling my back wasn't gonna play ball though so good thing I didn't take the peak02 today. Didn't want to waste it.

But to not make this a total waste of a post, I felt in set recovery much longer today and even only hitting 12 reps, the last few were much more difficult than has been consistently on peak02.

So there's a little real world comparison of how being off is definitely apparent. Really feeling a downgrade in recovery between sets not having it in me today

Tomorrow's supposed to b back. Gonna try some things that take the low back out of the equation. Gonna game plan that tonight

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If your back is jacked up. take off. Srs.. Get 100%. Dont try and make the injury worse
Team Iphone 7+ Crew checking in.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah it's not great at all. But I'm being smart about it. Testing each move with super light/bw and seeing how it feels then moving up but backing off ceasing the move if I feel slightest discomfort at all. So far I've been able to work each day, but today was the first day that most movement was shot down. Makes sense too since almost all the major leg movements utilize the hip hinge/low back muscles in the activity. Which is what bothers me.

Just doing what I can without causing any extra potential issues.

Yeah just getting used to new size here. Already don't know how ive spent past 2 years without a plus

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah it's not great at all. But I'm being smart about it. Testing each move with super light/bw and seeing how it feels then moving up but backing off ceasing the move if I feel slightest discomfort at all. So far I've been able to work each day, but today was the first day that most movement was shot down. Makes sense too since almost all the major leg movements utilize the hip hinge/low back muscles in the activity. Which is what bothers me.

Just doing what I can without causing any extra potential issues.

Yeah just getting used to new size here. Already don't know how ive spent past 2 years without a plus
Honestly man. Trying to do the light stuff can still trigger the pain and spots that are causing you issues. As much as you don't want to take time off. Your body needs time off every now and then. Its like a car it can't run forever. The human body needs to sleep, just like it needs time off the iron. Do yourself a favor get 100%, don't let nagging injuries continue to creep up on you, or prolong the minor injury you have. I rather see you get 100%, and be able to lift 100%, instead of you lifting at 70% and trying to go through the motions which is a waste of your gym time and effort.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mkretz. Marty, u guys make your plans and I'll jump in wherever. I gave the multi club membership. And way my backs been it's not a guarantee how I'll feel Sunday am. So u guys figure it out fir yourselves and if I'm up for it, I'll go where you'll b

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Before going to bed last night, I foam rolled like I've been doing, when a monster pop happened. This was a great thing. The relief was ridiculous, must've popped whatever was out back in place. That said I was still planning to take today off, but when I woke up today I felt great. Still felt great after lunch, so I figured I'd go do some chest and a little back

Hadn't done any different techniques for chest yet, so I opened today up with some triple drop sets

Bench
Warm up. 135x12,185x5

225x8/185x10/135x12
225x7/185x8/155x8
205x10/185x7/155x9

Incline bench
175x6/156x7/135x8
155x8/135x5/95x10
135x7/115x7/105x7/95x7

Pump was insane after these sets. Took 2 min rest in between each set, drops done immediately after setting bar down. Had a spotter stripping the plates for me.

Recovery was fast again, I still took the 2 minutes even though I was actually ready to go well b4 that. Had no endurance issues doing these, did tire out at times but that's To b expected and yet it was like I was ready to go again right after putting bar down

Db incline

35x12,40x9,45x10,50x10,55x8

Didn't take much longer than 45-60 sec between sets, just long enough to go up to rack and grab new weights. Recovery as usual excellent and actually felt stronger as I increased the weights

Db incline fly
3x12 30,35,40

Rope straight arm pd
40x15,50x12,60x10

This was my test to see if doing lat work would feel on back. No issues at all

Wide pd
3x12 140 lbs. 30 sec rest

Vbar pd
3x10 160 lbs. 30 sec rest

Seated cable row close grip
3x15. 120,140,160

I went lighter here bc I really wasn't confident I'd b able to hit the heavy stuff today. But kept bumping and no issues at all

Still felt great after this and I was so ready to keep going so I thought I'd give cardio a try

Did 20 minutes level 4 stair master

It's really amazing, after not doing any in gym cardio in a while I thought I'd b destroyed but felt great, not winded at all and prob could've gone for longer but stopped there

Lol though on the way home from gym I hit a damn pothole and back popped out again. All that work and a pothole gets me lol. Just gotta laugh at it. But I'll just roll again tonight and hopefully it'll pop back in like last night. If not I'll just take the day off tomorrow

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
again. don't let the nagging injury continue to haunt you
I rather see you get 100%
Go see a chiro or get some deep tissue work done and get 100%....

Ill be up next saturday but honestly man GET WELL so you dont have this happening over and over again.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saturday 230 catalyst on wherle be there or forever be small

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
U guys know what you'll b working on so I can plan my splits accordingly

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
U guys know what you'll b working on so I can plan my splits accordingly
Legs
Gonna be a fast session. Lots of volume & hyperteophy and I gotta drive back to Erie after. mkretz trains hard and heavy, so it will be a brutal session. Bring your A Game!

If you need anything from me let me know.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs
Gonna be a fast session. Lots of volume & hyperteophy and I gotta drive back to Erie after. mkretz trains hard and heavy, so it will be a brutal session. Bring your A Game!

If you need anything from me let me know.
Can you say cruise control for that ride back