Time to get psyched

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
This will be a thirty day log for iron champs Psyched!
Stats-5'7" 188. 53 yrs
Training style HIIT four day split one to two body parts per day usually upper lower body setup
Going to be running a diuretic from Mhphhib and a thermogenic from pros ups taken upon waking. I will be on vacation three weeks of this log but have training setup while gone at a gym at our vacation spot. Really nice place lots of cool equipment to further challenge me. Just off a bulk for six months got to 198.5 at my highest right before Christmas. 1 gallon of water per day minimum. Thanks to wanted for super support on this . Hoping we get some gains on the Psyched! Let's go moving bugs!

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whew! Finally lol... I'm here to follow man. Thanks for the log ;)

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Won't be able to start tonight as planned. As I was write the previous post my kids came running in telling me our black lab had died. 15 years we had him as part of our family. It was like trying to bury you brother. Trying to dig a grave through the dry hard va. Red clay all the time having to stop to weep like a child. Lucky my neighbor a great friend can down stopped me and said he would take care of it to go be with my kids. I'll get at it tomorrow just dont have it in me tonight.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Won't be able to start tonight as planned. As I was write the previous post my kids came running in telling me our black lab had died. 15 years we had him as part of our family. It was like trying to bury you brother. Trying to dig a grave through the dry hard va. Red clay all the time having to stop to weep like a child. Lucky my neighbor a great friend can down stopped me and said he would take care of it to go be with my kids. I'll get at it tomorrow just dont have it in me tonight.
I'm so sorry Bo. My dog is so not doing well either. He's on his last days as well. I know how you feel and I'm very sorry. Don't sweat the log brother. Take care of family. :(

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
to be totally honest....i feel your pain!!!

my last dog's grave i dug in the rain, it was a blessing it was raining-it hid the tears!!!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Sorry to hear about this. Our dog had to be put down two days before Christmas. That was rough. We had her 13 years. It was nice what your neighbor did.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Weight down to 184 today dont know how I could have missed that. Anyway up at five took one psyched to access strength and how I would manage it. Need full dose. No jitters so far.
Did 25 minutes cardio then legs . Four sets 10-12 rep range then ran the rack on the fourth one to failure.
Extensions,curls, inner and outer abductors then presses. Four sets at 300 for 20 reps. Toast.
Threw in pull-ups for a friends challenge and smith shrugs four sets each 10 reps. Got to build dem traps!
I do burns of tricep db skulls and hammers everyday to complete failure. Feeder workouts pumping as much blood as I can to feed the muscles. Really puts it on the arms. Always finish my arm workouts with it. Breakfast with the kids then apps and honey do list. Vacation is harder than work!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
glad to see you are back at it!!!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Weight down to 184 today dont know how I could have missed that. Anyway up at five took one psyched to access strength and how I would manage it. Need full dose. No jitters so far.
Did 25 minutes cardio then legs . Four sets 10-12 rep range then ran the rack on the fourth one to failure.
Extensions,curls, inner and outer abductors then presses. Four sets at 300 for 20 reps. Toast.
Threw in pull-ups for a friends challenge and smith shrugs four sets each 10 reps. Got to build dem traps!
I do burns of tricep db skulls and hammers everyday to complete failure. Feeder workouts pumping as much blood as I can to feed the muscles. Really puts it on the arms. Always finish my arm workouts with it. Breakfast with the kids then apps and honey do list. Vacation is harder than work!
Nice job!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Headed out for round two ---arms and calves. Let's get some gains

Two psyched down let's see what will happen. Thanks for all the thoughts about our dog Max I appreciate it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Headed out for round two ---arms and calves. Let's get some gains

Two psyched down let's see what will happen. Thanks for all the thoughts about our dog Max I appreciate it.
i appreciate a fellow dog man, our dogs really are family!!!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Git in a huge armd session. 30 minutes full on.
100 reps each random tri Pushdowns snd cable curls. Warm up
Trisets-incline curls/hammer 30's and 65 ez curl behind the neck extensions
everything four sets 10-12
preachers and reverse preachers 45/onevarm db curls preachers 25
Finisher run the rack reverse cable extensions 140-10 to failure.
Calf raises seated-110 5 sets to failure.
My legs have always been my weak point because of back problems.but i do what I can to not aggravate it.

Now critique of second dose of psyched two is my spot. Huge pump from being able to do such volume. Now this is usually my workout. Full on minimum rest. Got a little increased heart rate at resting but it went away. Like it so far.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice work!!!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great workout for a massive arm pump!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Cardio and deltas this morning. 5:45. Two psyched with coffee
30 minutes walk/run on treadmill then ab work .
4-5 sets each 10-failure on reps
Standing laterals to failure
Lying reverse laterals
Smith overhead press
Front raises
Reverse flyes on pec deck
Bent over raises on cable machine
Frigging wiped out
Now for breakfast and taking my daughter to softball conditioning. Six egg whites, cinnamon raisin bread, peanut butter.
Turkey panini for lunch with brown rice.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardio and deltas this morning. 5:45. Two psyched with coffee
30 minutes walk/run on treadmill then ab work .
4-5 sets each 10-failure on reps
Standing laterals to failure
Lying reverse laterals
Smith overhead press
Front raises
Reverse flyes on pec deck
Bent over raises on cable machine
Frigging wiped out
Now for breakfast and taking my daughter to softball conditioning. Six egg whites, cinnamon raisin bread, peanut butter.
Turkey panini for lunch with brown rice.
Killer...... the food talk is making me starved :) are you still on vacation? How's that going? Good workouts for being gone from home.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
haven't gone yet. the 18-22. getting passes to a 24/7 gym about 2 miles from our hotel. took a virtual of it . awesome hammer equipment some new things i have never used before . v squat , interested to try that . as far as the food goes i am a certified executive chef, so need any recipes let me know. i know how bland bb eating can be. the psyched had me a little woozy this morning but i didn't eat anything before workout. maybe get some bananas to munch on prior next time. probably gonna do legs again tomorrow with chest if i can get it all in , in time. trying to get this belly fat off and am waiting on the vexxum from prosupps for that . the yohimbe in this should help out too.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haven't gone yet. the 18-22. getting passes to a 24/7 gym about 2 miles from our hotel. took a virtual of it . awesome hammer equipment some new things i have never used before . v squat , interested to try that . as far as the food goes i am a certified executive chef, so need any recipes let me know. i know how bland bb eating can be. the psyched had me a little woozy this morning but i didn't eat anything before workout. maybe get some bananas to munch on prior next time. probably gonna do legs again tomorrow with chest if i can get it all in , in time. trying to get this belly fat off and am waiting on the vexxum from prosupps for that . the yohimbe in this should help out too.
There should be something in your mail today or tomorrow for that belly fat !! ;)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
You sent him donuts? Oh, to get rid of fat ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i would hold off on the vexxum!!!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Blasted cardio and chest this morning.
Two psyched 30 mins. Treadmill.
Hammer strength incline press 10,8,6,5,5,4,4-90,180,190,200,190,180,90
incline flyes-4-10
Gross an press same as above
Pull-ups 4-f
Pec deck-4-failure-95,80,80,65
Cable flyers-40,30,20,20,30,40 10 reps
Single leg extensions3sets
Seated 90% leg press wu-155,255,285,255 20 reps followed by calf press same same
Done and done. Not sure if I have the level of energy as I do in the afternoon or the cardio is taxing it.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Blasted cardio and chest this morning.
Two psyched 30 mins. Treadmill.
Hammer strength incline press 10,8,6,5,5,4,4-90,180,190,200,190,180,90
incline flyes-4-10
Gross an press same as above
Pull-ups 4-f
Pec deck-4-failure-95,80,80,65
Cable flyers-40,30,20,20,30,40 10 reps
Single leg extensions3sets
Seated 90% leg press wu-155,255,285,255 20 reps followed by calf press same same
Done and done. Not sure if I have the level of energy as I do in the afternoon or the cardio is taxing it.
Nice work!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
been down for a few days enjoying the sunshine with my family. I am back on track today haven't figured out what I will do yet so I will post my routine later today.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
just got back from my checkup. bp a little high. 150/82
188.7 with clothes on so I will deduct that from my at home scales to get a ballpark weight to work from.
gonna do a vince gironda full upper body today . 3 sets 8 reps one exercise per body part as a challenge to see how it goes . I have been studying his methods a lot lately to see how old school works with todays supplementation and dieting. Vince had some interested thoughts on how to cut and bulk. the guys in that era had a more streamline and balanced physique unlike the bulkier ones of today.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Took both my am and pm tnt plus psyched not at the same time but during the day. The am in thermogenic for sure .brokeout in a sweat both times so far. Did what set out to do Vince gironda's upper body workout. He used to use this for actors that needed to get into shape fast. 15 second rest between sets. So I did full circuits since I had the whole place to myself.
Decline bench , seated row, push downs , drag curls, side laterals and wrist curls . Heavy as you can go while keeping strict form. Three sets of 12 each. Now when I looked at it it didn't seem that hard but it winded me pretty good and I was pouring sweat. All the sups are working great. I added cable crossovers at the end and ran the rack. Great finisher.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am a big fan of full body workouts!!!

am/pm tnt really compliments psyched, imo!!!

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i am a big fan of full body workouts!!!

am/pm tnt really compliments psyched, imo!!!
Yes it does. And sweating like a mo fo. I'm glad he started the TNT stack!! Right on.

Nice job Chef!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Frigging leg day yeah buddy!
6xfailure curls,extensions, standing curls hiit no rest.
Calf raises seated-5x failure no shoes to get maximum depth. Super set with shrugs using the plates on the machine. Got to be creative sometimes.
Frigging staggered out the door legs were so weak.
I had thought about some front squats but just couldn't see pushing them any further without a spotter. Finished with the wheel of death ab roller for three sets of ten. Good workout. Upper body again tomorrow with cardio. Time to push it 8 days till the beach!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Full on upper body today. Love having the weight room all to myself.
Got. Six sets of 6-10 depending on exercise.
Decline bench
Drag curls
Push downs
Wood choppers
Straight arm pull downs
Reverse one arm extensions
Overhead Arnold press
Kettle bell Shrugs
Nice pump all around. Did 15 minutes on the tread to finish up. Two psyched,two tent pm, two xpel diuretics before workout. Having trouble thinning out this paunch I have gained some how. Just came on, been eating clean cut back on the carbs. I my have to go off all together for this last week to shock myself. Drinking a gallon a day. Just like I suppose to still got it even with my abs as tight as hell underneath . Any suggestions for a seven day ab blast let me know guys.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
lower and abs
still doing vince gironda's wild physique workouts
5 sets 10-20 reps
smith machine calf raises
leg extensions
leg press/calf press
leg curls
ring of fire ab workout form larry scott
watched his video from the 2003 olympia and he explained the motion of it to really tighten that paunch and obliques
man i was sucking wind after 6 sets of those. just using 47.5 lbs on the cable machine really tightened the stomach up. this will be my go to from now on. still hurting 5 hours afterward.
got really winded and i am not sure what it is from . didn't get that pump or the focus today. i may try to kick it up to 3 per day and see what happens.

question wanted- would the tnt have any effect on that? took two pm before training. just curious. great workout. off tomorrow back at upper sat lower on sunday.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BigT, Mark and Chefbo in here! Subbed! Glad to see you back at it Chefbo!! Catching up now.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Upper body today
5x8-10
Smith neck presses
Inclined be press
Seated do overhead press
Bent over laterals
Preacher curls
Bench triceps extent ions with ez curl
Cable overhead kneeling tri extension
All old school Larry Scott way strict form max working weight. I did even get all the reps needed on cheesthe last couple of sets just wore out. But muscle groups I worked were targeted better than ever using these principles.
Two psyched at 7:15 no coffee today. Breakfast power bar,four eggs ,two slices homemade whole grain bread.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All around balanced upper body workout. Nice!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
took yesterday and today off . got some tendonitis in my left elbow . swole up big time after Saturday's session. got to do a few last minute things over the next two days to get ready for vacation, but have my bags ready to hit the iron even when I am relaxing. I like checking out new places when I travel. I am going to indianpolis in july for a week for work and I have found a national fitness place just a block away for 12 bucks a day to train at. ncaa sports facility. should be interesting. setting up my basement alittle differently so my oldest can strength train for softball during the winter months . need to get a medicine ball, and a bench to help her out. gonna buy a instant screen by jugs to set up in the garage so she can hit and pitch in during bad weather too. Love seeing my kids getting fit. nothing warms my heart more.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
took yesterday and today off . got some tendonitis in my left elbow . swole up big time after Saturday's session. got to do a few last minute things over the next two days to get ready for vacation, but have my bags ready to hit the iron even when I am relaxing. I like checking out new places when I travel. I am going to indianpolis in july for a week for work and I have found a national fitness place just a block away for 12 bucks a day to train at. ncaa sports facility. should be interesting. setting up my basement alittle differently so my oldest can strength train for softball during the winter months . need to get a medicine ball, and a bench to help her out. gonna buy a instant screen by jugs to set up in the garage so she can hit and pitch in during bad weather too. Love seeing my kids getting fit. nothing warms my heart more.
if you are talking about nifs...it is an incredible place!!!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
yeah that's it. its right across the street from the hotel.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
just got back today and hit the gym this evening . took threee psyched this time and man what focus i had so this is my go to dose for the rest of the time on this log. did upper body only . did some light lifting on vacation but didn't do what i planned , just wanted to spend a relaxing time with the wife and kids plus we had several friends down at the same time so it was great..

tonight was bench press to the neck
decline flyes
db overhead press
barbell drag curls
seated db curls
seated close grip rows
reverse tricep extensions

quick some heavy some not good pump but i was on point with focus so i would differently recommend three as a dose.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just got back today and hit the gym this evening . took threee psyched this time and man what focus i had so this is my go to dose for the rest of the time on this log. did upper body only . did some light lifting on vacation but didn't do what i planned , just wanted to spend a relaxing time with the wife and kids plus we had several friends down at the same time so it was great..

tonight was bench press to the neck
decline flyes
db overhead press
barbell drag curls
seated db curls
seated close grip rows
reverse tricep extensions

quick some heavy some not good pump but i was on point with focus so i would differently recommend three as a dose.
That's good to hear. I'm glad your vacation was nice.
Good workout as usual & cool that you found your sweet spot. From reading different Psyched logs the sweet spot totally depends on the indavidual.
Good update, thank you.

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Three was a little too much for me yesterday. Had a hard time getting through the workout but I did finish. Legs, short sets
Press 3/25
Extensions 3/15
Curls 3/15
Reverse one leg curls 3/10
Calf press 3/25
I was jittery as crap heart rate 120's
So I walked for a mile on the tread @2.5 mph to chill out some.
Probably just stay at two per day to not over stim.
Took tent pm, and arginine prior to session.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you using a heart rate monitor? Just curious as I love mine. Glad vacation was fun. The iron missed you! Lol

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
no heart monitor except on the treadmill got up to 125 . man forgot to take my dose of tnt before work today so i didn't curb my appetite even though i ate really good today except for the sausage for breakfast but you know i am burning up calories in my workouts so what the hell. had chicken, sweet potatoes cabbage and broccoli for lunch , eggs whole grain french toast sugar free syrup and two sausage links for breakfast and two chicken tacos for dinner with rice and beans . drank 6- 20 ounce bottles so far today and have two more before bed. been taking arginine and orithine before workouts to see if i get a better pump. not so far did a four dose today hoping it would kick in but no luck. legs tonight and i am hurting . gonna be a bitch to get back up the stairs after i post, i may have to crawl.

leg press -120 reps at 325
lying curls-10 reps @70,80,90,100
extensions 10@ 120,135,165,195
seated calf raises-90 for 4 sets of failure
went on to hit shoulders and traps
shrugs 210 4x10
side laterals-15 @4x12
rear laterals 4x12 @30
front raises 4 x 10@25
friggin spent after that
tomorrow will be training my daughter again at home so probably triceps and bis for me deads , bench , farmers and lunges for her!

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
Man I can't believe ib went bb this long without a post sorry. Been hitting it hard in between holiday eventsc all over the place.upper and lower workouts donevtwo each .did upper yesterday and lower tonight for a total of six. Hadc a hellof a time getting up thevstairs tonight. Psyched and the arginine doing the job. Now for bed to let them grow.

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man I can't believe ib went bb this long without a post sorry. Been hitting it hard in between holiday eventsc all over the place.upper and lower workouts donevtwo each .did upper yesterday and lower tonight for a total of six. Hadc a hellof a time getting up thevstairs tonight. Psyched and the arginine doing the job. Now for bed to let them grow.
Thank you sir. Good to know your doing well and still killing it !

chefbo

chefbo

Awards
man I have murdered the last two workout s. upper and lower body with core training at home. Psyched has me on point in every workout. really leaned out in the upper body except my frigging gut , it is still my trouble area and probably always will. vascularity is unbelievable everywhere. loving it. delts and pecs are shredded to death , don't know what my back looks like but tore it up last night. no pain today which is different good different!