Omega Sports Shred XT Log

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was lucky enough to get a bottle of Omega Sports new Shred XT to run.

Shred XT is a new thermogenic from Omega that caught a lot of people's eye because Omega makes good products. I would like to add that the label that has been posted often is from the powder based form. My pills are the exact same with one addition: 3 mgs of Yohimbine HCL per 4 capsule serving.

Diet: Intermittent fasting, carb backloading type principles. Higher calories and carbs on workout days, lower of both on non. Off days are foam rolling, cardio in the form of jumping rope, and forms of carrys.

Training: Superhero Fat Loss by John Romaniello.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Week 1 and initial impressions:

So I've been running this for a few days now actually (today was my 6th), but just now got around to getting up my log. This product doesn't feel much like I "expected" it to feel. First things first I do NOT react well to Yohimbine HCL, but I'm learning it must be at a certain dose. In fact I wouldn't have signed up for this if I'd have known it had HCL in it because of bad previous experiences. I'm happy to report that I have had 0 side effects from the HCL (which is admittedly a small dose). Don't let that ingredient scare you from running it basically.

Dosing: After assessing tolerance I have done a few different things. I started with two capsules and then 1. I've ran 2 and then 2 later. I've ran 3 capsules in the morning and then 1. Even though the serving size says 4 capsules, tomorrow will be my first time running that.

The caffeine: I'm giving this a special bolded shout out because it is the most eye catching thing about the label. When you first see the label myself (and tons of others) go damn, that is a LOT of caffeine. I don't exactly know what they have going on with "time release caffeine" but it is something cool. You definitely do NOT get the cracked out feeling one would expect from a super high dose of caffeine and you get no real crash either. I AM definitely a stim user, so those who don't use them as much may have different results. 3 at once is the most I've done, I'll be running 4 tomorrow with no fear of "500 mgs" at once. It's not at once. It has a kick like you can tell you've taken it, but it is also sustained. Neat stuff.

I have NOT really noticed any increased sweating. I don't usually notice those from a lot of thermo's even when others report big time sweating so who knows. I sweat really easy anyways so it'd have to be big time for me to notice something. Raspberry Ketone burps afterwards are always lovely. I have noticed some appetite suppression, but nothing crushing in that regard. Just a nice little kick and sustained good feeling so far. I'll report back with the first everything at once dosage tomorrow. Weight is already down, but some of that could be water weight/Thanksgiving bloat.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 7-

Ok 4 capsules may be too much for me. I'll try it again sometime to make sure, but felt awesome at 3 and then 1 later, but 4 all at once this morning has me a bit jittery and a little off feeling. Maybe that puts me on my threshold of too much HCL? Just speculating at this point. I will probably stick with 3 and then 1 later for my main dose or 2 and then 2.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Had a solid workout. It's circuit based. Didn't take anything before as I figure I don't need anymore stims. Jittery anxiety calmed down after a bit today. I may try and roll with 4 again sometime to see how it feels, but 3 at once may be my max. I really like the energy and feel from 2 or 3 and popping another cap later may just keep the sweet ride going. Enjoying the product so far, but think 4 at once may be overkill.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 8 and 9:

Dosed at 2 and 2 both days. Used it as a pre-cardio supplement. Provided some nice energy.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 10: Dosing 3-1 again today. Will probably give 4 another shot sometime this week, but if it doesn't sit right again won't do that. This may really be a product where some people may not run the full dose if it gives them slight Y sides. No biggie, just makes the product last longer. Hit the A.M. dose (3 caps) and feeling really good so far today. Appetite suppression seems to be going strong today.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yesterday dosed 3-1 again.

Day 12: Today I dosed 4 this morning for a full serving at once. Again the effect seems to be a little much for me. Probably will not full dose at once again. I have a low tolerance for HCL apparently as I assume this is what is giving me the anxiety/jitter issues. I definitely don't notice this at 2 or 3 capsules so 4 must boost up to my "magic mark" in that regard.

For me the sweet spot seems to be 2 or 3. I will report back with any changes. I will say that appetite with 4 is basically non existent right now!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hey man!

Sorry I am just getting around to finding this. I was under the impression y'all were getting the powder, hence being surprised about the Yohimbine. I do apologize for that fact. Glad you are liking the 3-1 dosing. As with everything we produce, the Yohimbine is 100% quality and a moderate dose, hence you not reacting terribly to it. I too dislike yohimbine for the most part, but can handle it at the dose.

I appreciate you making a note about the caffeine. I agree that it is extremely misleading to see 500mg on there. The time-released nature of it is VERY effective.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Missed a few days worth of dosing for holidays. Actually forgot to pack the supplement, rookie mistake! Gone for some updates as well.

Today is day 17 and I was back on with the 3-1 dosing protocol. Like I've said this has really been a solid sweet spot for me. I've been bumping up the cardio these last few days in the gym and Shred is still providing smooth energy. I really like the non jittery aspect to this. Surprising and something I was "expecting" to see and feel more. Not at all except for the few times I went 4 caps at once which is just too much for me. Good stuff. Been using this as my pre-workout (at one capsule) and increased energy is definite with this. It's a great feel. Not quite as potent as E/C stack and maybe a touch behind Alphamine at this point, but one of the best ones out there in terms of energy.

It may not "hit" as hard as those two, but it may last longer. Very consistent feeling.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
It may not "hit" as hard as those two, but it may last longer. Very consistent feeling.
Agree with you here. I still use something else for pre-workout to get a bit more of a jolt, but throughout the rest of the day the smooth energy is perfect.