Filling the gaps with Orange TRIAD + Greens powder

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Controlled Labs has graciously allowed me to log their new powdered multi + greens! This is my first log in a while so we will see how this goes.
Some info about me:
Weight: 183
Height: 5'8"

Ive competed in one show, looking to add muscle and more overall size. Currently working on getting my bench up as well as fixing some issues with my hips from squatting.

Bench: 335
DL: 425
Squat: Work in progress

If ya'll have any questions let me know and I'll be sure to fill you in.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Some info on Orange triad + Greens from Nutraplanet

Controlled Labs Orange TRIAD + Greens

Multi-Vitamin, Joint, Digestion, Immune + Greens Formula

Iron Free
All-in-one solution
Optimize results from training
How do you make Orange TRIad™ even better? Add Orange OXImega Greens™ to it! That is exactly what we did; both great formulas are blended together in one great tasting powder that is both delicious and convenient.

Serious athletes are unique in that they intentionally subject their bodies to incredible amounts of stress with training and cardio. Over time, the immune system can be compromised, and muscles, tendons, and ligaments take longer to recover which means you can't train them as often as you would like. A deficiency can mean that you aren't getting optimal results from your training.

Designed for the serious athlete, ORANGE TRIad + Greens™ combines the most proven and effective vitamins, minerals, and nutrients for supporting optimal DIGESTION, IMMUNE system, and JOINT HEALTH into one "twice daily" dietary supplement. The JOINT and FLEX complexes help lubricate joints and cartilage as well as increase the resiliency of connective tissue, while the DIGESTION and IMMUNE complex includes natural anti-inflammatories, digestive aids, and nutrient partitioning agents to take your performance to the next level. The GREENS complexes are geared towards real athletes. The “Cardiovascular Complex” is full of vegetables that have been shown to increase endurance and cardiovascular health in exercising humans. The enzyme, probiotic and anti-oxidant blends will help the body absorb and utilize the highest level of nutrients from your diet and supplementation for maximum results. Not only is Orange TRIad + Greens™ healthful, but it tastes amazing too without the use of artificial colors or sweeteners.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/controlled-labs/orange-triad-greens-30-servings.html?sel=6277

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
First update
So my first experience with the new orange triad+greens was a good one. I, along with many of you I'm sure, drink a lot of crystal light lemonade. :) I happened to have some next to me so I mixed em up and WOW... seriously taste exactly like orange juice.... with less sugars. The greens tend to settle, but that's normal for greens products. Definitely worth a shot for anyone that wants to combine their multi with a greens :)

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Still taking my daily dose. Tried it with just water amd it wasnt bad at all surprisingly. I think I'm gonna stick to my crystal light though.

One thing I have noticed is that im sleeping really deeply sense I started taking this. Not sure why though?

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Starting to notice I dont need as much sleep to be functional. Also I am waking up easier and feel less like a sack of potatoes when I get up. Good things

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Forgot to add that I did squats yesterday for the first time after 2 weeks accessory work. Got 275 for 10 easy reps. Hips felt alot better and almost 0 pain

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to add that I did squats yesterday for the first time after 2 weeks accessory work. Got 275 for 10 easy reps. Hips felt alot better and almost 0 pain
Always good to not hurt on squats

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
When you say hip, is it actually your hip flexor or your groin? Mine give me some issues which I've been foam rolling and has been helping a lot. Tho I just strained/pulled the right one in the pool yesterday. I'm squatting Saturday so hoping it have recovered by then :S

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Whoa, is that people in my log I see?

When you say hip, is it actually your hip flexor or your groin? Mine give me some issues which I've been foam rolling and has been helping a lot. Tho I just strained/pulled the right one in the pool yesterday. I'm squatting Saturday so hoping it have recovered by then :S
Not sure exactly, did some research and determined I'm quad dominant and I have a hard time keeping my knees out when I squat. Adressed these issues via assesory work and make great improvements the past 2 weeks.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Whoa, is that people in my log I see?

Not sure exactly, did some research and determined I'm quad dominant and I have a hard time keeping my knees out when I squat. Adressed these issues via assesory work and make great improvements the past 2 weeks.
I have trouble keeping my knees out too, what was the reason and what fixed it?

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I have trouble keeping my knees out too, what was the reason and what fixed it?
Focusing more on hamstrings and glute strength. Also, I started doing some glute and ham work before my squats... makes me feel a lot more solid during the movement

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Focusing more on hamstrings and glute strength. Also, I started doing some glute and ham work before my squats... makes me feel a lot more solid during the movement
See I don't neglect either of those. I've read about how it could be weak abductors so I've been doing some bad girls to hopefully help with it. I also find a narrower stance suits be best, no wider than shoulder width. Much much stronger here! And a wide stance just destroys my hips/groin! Lol

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I'm the opposite, I find the slightly wider than shoulder width is comfortable for me. Sry for lack of post, didn't make it to gym all week due to snow storm, so not much to talk about. Still downing my 2 scoops a day np.

I guess if anything is improving noticeably its the ease of my poops :) which is always good

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
MAN! Sorry for lack of posts the past week or so, I've been loaded with exams for school. Lets get this rolling again people.

Diet has been quite loose as of late due to lack of focus on the lifestyle. Workouts have been solid, but i need to get on a more regimented plan and track weights better. Anyone have plans they like for hypertrophy during a bulk? I was looking at the "Indigo Project" by Christian Thibaudeau, seems solid? any thoughts? Focusing on strength and size.

Whats everyone doing?

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Feeling pretty good lately. With the assist of a sligshot I was able to manage a 365 bench press the other day. My knees werent as achy in my leg session yesterday either. Pretty awesome considering the cold temperatures outside

Still dogging the lemonade blend. Tried it solo, its pretty good, but woth lemonade its on a whole new level

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Killer arm workout last night, sorest my arms have been in a long time. Did legs the day before and sadly had another bad leg workout, legs are sore as hell but I was unhappy about performance

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Holidays are over and my precious powder is gone, but I got a new one on the way :) sadly this thread never really took interest but I'll stick around for any replies