• RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for joining fellas!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Body Performance Solutions is excited to announce the release of the second generation of the wildly popular fat buner DCP, we are now ready to release to you the newly formulated and super potent DCP 2.0!

While the original DCP worked very well and created quite a large following of raving fans, we did find a couple of limitations based on user feedback and emerging science.

One was directly related to an increase in something called CPT1, which was greatly important for fat burning (and it still is in the new formula) but it ended up depleting the body's carnitine supply which led to side effects such as cramping in some users, and also just plain put a "governer" on the potential rate of fat loss (don't worry, keep reading and this will all be explained).

Not only have we found a way to counter these limitations and thereby eliminating side effects and blowing the doors of the fat burning potential, we've also added several new extremely innovative ingredients while removing TTA (you won't miss it).

The science behind DCP 2.0 is thick, but we've laid it out for you one ingredient at a time in a very digestible format (also with references at the end of each section to make it easier to go look them up), so give it a read and you'll find out right away why we're so excited to bring this revolutionary fat burner to the market.
Artemisia Iwayomogi
Where does it come from?
Artemisia Iwayomogi (AI) is a Korean herb from the Asteraceae family. It is made up of at least 20 known compounds, however it is not known exactly which and how many of these compounds are responsible for providing the numerous benefits.

Current research is pointing towards a couple of the compounds in particular, scopoletin and Dibromo-4-methoxybiphenyl, as having some pronounced benefits in the body, although there are likely many other players at work (1,2).

As we know, herbs such as this are often far more than just the sum of their known parts; for this reason a full spectrum 20:1 ethanol extract has been chosen for inclusion in DCP 2.0.
What is it going to do for me?
AI is an exciting little herb, and although research in humans is in its infancy, the current published data have given us reason to expect big things with regards to accelerating fat loss and improving overall health.
Primary Effects
Ø Activation of PPARd (delta)
PPARd is one of the three main nuclear receptors in the PPAR family (along with alpha and gamma). It can be found in brain, adipose, skin, and skeletal muscle.

Increased expression of this nuclear receptor has been shown to increase fatty acid oxidation in skeletal muscle by shifting the body's metabolic preference away from carbohydrate in favor of lipids (9).

This is favorable for multiple reasons. Obviously this means you'll be burning more fat per unit of time, but one side effect of the body relying less on carbohydrate and more on fatty acids is that the latter is a cleaner burning fuel. During exercise you will produce less lactate, prolonging the accumulation of hydrogen ions as well as reducing the total ROS output. Burn more fat, better workout performance, quicker recovery.

Ø Increased expression of CPT1
AI has been shown to upregulate Carnitine Palmitoyl Transferase (CPT1B), which is a key reason why this herb is going to speed up the fat loss process (1).

CPT1's are a class of mitochondrial enzymes, the "B" subtype are found in skeletal muscle as well as white and brown adipose tissue (WAT & BAT). This enzyme is responsible for transporting long chain fatty acids (LFCA's) across the outer cell membrane so they can be delivered inside the cell to be oxidized. So simply put, more CPT1, more fat is handed to your furnace on a silver platter.

Ø Increased expression of PDK4
Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Isozyme 4 (PDK4) is an enzyme that phosphorylates something called pyruvate dehydrogenase with the help of ATP, rendering it inactive. This process converts pyruvate to acetyl-coA, thereby increasing energy expenditure. AI has been shown to upregulate this enzyme (1).

Ø Improves efficiency of two out of three steps in the fat burning process
For your body to actually "burn" fat, it has to go through a three step process. Step one is liberating the fat from stored tissue, known as lipolysis. Step two is transporting the fat; step three is actually using it as fuel, known as beta oxidation. AI encourages a higher rate of both transport and oxidation.
Secondary Effects
Ø Intracellular antioxidant, bone growth stimulation
Scopoletin (previously mentioned compound in AI) has been shown to be an intracellular antioxidant, suppressing ROS and superoxide anions in osteoclasts, and looks to be an important player in differentiation of these cells (2). Research also shows AI can actually stimulate osteoblasts to make new bone (6).

As we learn more about the vital role of bone on regulating full body metabolism and the importance of osteocalcin in this process through its interaction on adipokines such as adiponectin, this could provide a metabolic boost from another pathway (10). We will revisit this when we discuss Carnitine Fumerate.

Ø Upregulation of secondary fat burning genes
AI has also been shown to upregulate several other genes affecting energy expenditure and lipid efflux including PGC1A and UCP3 (1).

Ø Suppression of inflammatory cytokines
Multiple studies have looked at the effect of mice given a high fat diet with or without concurrent administration of AI. They have found remarkable results including reduction of visceral fat gain, prevention of elevated lipids, leptin, glucose and insulin as well as a reduction in several inflammatory cytokines including TNF-s and IL-6 (1,3).

Ø Hepatoprotective
AI has also been shown in mice to prevent damage from alcohol consumption (yep, they got mice drunk). The mice that weren't lucky enough to get a dose of AI saw their cholesterol and triglycerides jump up and fat burning take a nose dive, while the group that received AI didn't experience these side effects from the alcohol (5).

Ø Allergy relief
One final thing to mention, completely unrelated to fat burning but interesting nonetheless, AI appears to have a positive and significant effect on reducing symptoms of allergies through an interaction with histamine and suppression of inflammatory cytokines (7,8).
Are there any side effects?
No known side effects

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;11ZtldcEvWY]http://youtu.be/11ZtldcEvWY[/video]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376625408.297031.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376625421.506765.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376625431.983503.jpg

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
How old are you? Starting pics look great, can't wait to see what 30 days of DCP will do for you!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for another Reggie log! Not sure where the fat is on you though. You look shredded to me already.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;DggHprFC6ZQ]http://youtu.be/DggHprFC6ZQ[/video]

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This 100%! I have never seen a video log, this I like! By the way, if I can look as ripped as you at 41, I'll be a happy man!
Thanks my man, I appreciate it on both counts!!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376708908.991620.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376708920.812462.jpg

Went over my carb limit by 1g

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Training today was bis and tris

Standing DB Curls
30x10x2
40x10x2
50x10x2

Incline DB Curls
4x12

Spider Curls
3x12

Hammer Curls
4x10

Standing Single Arm Tricep Extentions
4x15

Tricep Kickbacks
4x15

Dips BW
3x15

Triangle Pushups
3x30

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;J-E636xABPs]http://youtu.be/J-E636xABPs[/video]

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
You turn up the heater in the middle of August to exercise? That's insane!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also shadow box with dbs in the sauna lol

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is your current eating plan? Ketogenic or Carb cycling?
Forgive me if you said already, i mist have missed it

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killed shoulders this evening, love it when I can't even lift my arms :D

Arnold Presses
30x12x2 warm up
35x12
40x10
45x8x2

Standing Front Raises drop sets
(25x12 drop 20x10)x4

Side Lateral Raises drop sets
(25x10 drop 20x10)x4

Seated Bent Over Delt Raises drop sets
(20x12 drop 15x12)x3

Delt Destroyers
(40x30 + 30x20 + 20x10)x3

Shadow Boxing with 10lb DBs
30 seconds on 15 second rests x3

Weighted Crunches
30x3

Planks and side planks
2 minutes each x 2 sets per

Not the best shoulder pic but had a good pump

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The cottage cheese is jacking up my sodium intake. I haven't added salt to anything.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The cottage cheese is jacking up my sodium intake. I haven't added salt to anything.
I wouldn't worry about it. As much as you sweat you need extra sodium, just up your water if need be to balance it out. That goal seems like a baseline for MFP. Doesn't take into account individuals level of activity and projected water/electrolyte loss.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about it. As much as you sweat you need extra sodium, just up your water if need be to balance it out. That goal seems like a baseline for MFP. Doesn't take into account individuals level of activity and projected water/electrolyte loss.
Great point Drew!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;fyWzVaVhmlo]http://youtu.be/fyWzVaVhmlo[/video]

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice updates! I'm definitely in this!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let's have a low blood sugar free day!
That my friend sounds like an excellent plan ;) so far so good!!

Trained biceps this morning so was able to take in some carbs post training and still sitting at only 33 for the day. Going back to the gym in a couple of hours to do tris/abs and cardio