Recovery - the FinalFlex way

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    roughly 2/3 scoop G8 last night - I was out like a light & didn't wake up until my alarm. It was magnificent! We were both feeling tired kinda early, so instead of veggin on the couch, took my G8 & hit the hay. The taste isn't anything I'd sip on & savor, but not really the point of it either. Woke up feeling like a million bucks this morning!
    Yea like ive said before i just dump the scoop into my mouth and swig some water, works like a charm!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Milestone for the day: according to the sheets I’m working out for my next 531 cycle, my big 3 total finally hit 1000lbs (theoretically at least) – 415 DL, 275 Bench, 310 Squat. One of these days, I would like to set up a mini-meet type scenario for myself & see what I can do in one day, eventually getting into a real meet sometime in the future - one step at a time.

Deload was very much appreciated & I’m ready to get back at it. Now if the air didn’t suck around here, maybe I could breathe out of nose again. Weight has been holding steady at 180 –mirror shows more muscle & less fat, I guess I’m ok with that. I’ve started working with slightly heavier practice props as well. That little extra weight is really forcing me to work on my balance & agility, as well as simply locking in my sets via repetition. One month out – getting nervous/excited – I think the itinerary said something like 15hours in the air from here to Perm…. Long way from home.

Definitely enjoying G8 & BCAA/SAA – especially together. The nights I don’t take G8 – I’ve noticed a big difference in how “zonked out” I get. I’ll wake up a time or 2 thru the night usually, not with G8 – sorta like the difference between setting a computer to sleep vs turning it completely off.

BCAA/SAA – I’ve been knocking back a scoop after my workouts, either as a substitute for my post shake, or after I have my shake covering the time until I finally eat breakfast/lunch. I’ve tried intraworkout a couple times, but I don’t think my workouts are long enough to notice anything really intra. Sometimes I’ll throw a scoop in with my pre. The texture is very smooth – some BCAAs I’ve had have been pretty gritty. This will settle a bit, but a quick shake mixes it right back up.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I love products that make you sleep, but those days you gotta get up suck. I'm having a lot of trouble waking up on my ghenerate right now, lol. The nights I cut it I literally jump out of bed. This G8 sounds pretty good.

Congratz on the total big guy. Def do a practice meet soon.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    I love products that make you sleep, but those days you gotta get up suck. I'm having a lot of trouble waking up on my ghenerate right now, lol. The nights I cut it I literally jump out of bed. This G8 sounds pretty good.

Congratz on the total big guy. Def do a practice meet soon.
    The only sleep supp that didn't promote sleeping in has been HGHPro - I'll jump up out of bed after 6 hrs wide awake, no alarm. G8's been great though - really deep sleep.

Thanks man!

yeah - I definitely do, need to read up a bit more on how to approach that - where at in the training cycle, how to go thru the motions of the day, etc. I'm interested to see what happens with all 3 in one day - never tried...
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I like to do one every 3-4 months. The cube has you do 10 weeks then a mock meet (might be the last week that the mock meet is). You just have to do the proper deload and prep for max weights. Definitely a lot more to it but for a self test I wouldn't get too crazy. You want to prep but not overboard.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

others have commented to the opposite - but myself, I simply never have had an issue waking "groggy" after using G8, no matter how much I use or how much sleep I get
    I've taken it during the day too, when I've gotten stressed out, 1/2 scoop..gives me nice relaxation feeling w/o putting me to sleep
    love this stuff, for real
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Sounds pretty sweet. I don't feel groggy I just sleep very very deep with ghenerate. I've never compared the ingredients or their pathways but I'm kinda curious now.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Sounds pretty sweet. I don't feel groggy I just sleep very very deep with ghenerate. I've never compared the ingredients or their pathways but I'm kinda curious now.
    we are very unique in our formulation..to my knowledge there is nothing on market that comes close to encompassing full structure we utilize
    I like it like that
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Sounds good to me. I hope I get to try some out some day.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Sounds good to me. I hope I get to try some out some day.
    you just missed our promo we ran on it to eh?
    I didn't see you apply

great price @ nutra!

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Finaflex G8 (20 servings): Discount Finaflex G8 Supplements
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I always look but I'm always late on that stuff. I've never applied, I'm too young for a lot of stuff and don't have official logging experience. I usually stick in the PL section and don't venture out much haha. I'll have to keep an eye open. Not a bad price at all, maybe next time I go shopping I'll pick some up.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I always look but I'm always late on that stuff. I've never applied, I'm too young for a lot of stuff and don't have official logging experience. I usually stick in the PL section and don't venture out much haha. I'll have to keep an eye open. Not a bad price at all, maybe next time I go shopping I'll pick some up.
    I don't blame ya man, I never go in promo section, unless we are running one
    some guys live in that section, and that section only [shakes head]
    but - keep your eye out, we are one of the most promo-running companies around, and lots of new things coming out we will need beta testers on
    and - the only way you get experience running a log, is to JUST DO IT!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I will definitely keep the lids peeled and try to jump on one.

It's hard to spend time here let alone lurk the promos. After all the real world stuff I have to keep up with this site and then 4-5 forums (jeep stuff) and one group I admin. Plus I have classes starting in a week so ill probably go ghost. Life is busy
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

maybe I will just pm you, when we run next one
    I have this thing about offering guys who have never done log, to do one

everyone needs to have a first - might as well be with the best products around
    disclaimer: we may spoil future experiences with our quality products..apply at your own risk
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Haha your killing me now I'm gona have to do it! It better be good then I'm picky with my supps
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

The only sleep supp that didn't promote sleeping in has been HGHPro - I'll jump up out of bed after 6 hrs wide awake, no alarm. G8's been great though - really deep sleep.
    I had my first G8 last night.. Slept for 8 solid hours, woke slightly groogy but shook it off fast. HGHPro - gave me horrible dreams and very restless sleep, felt like I was awake all night even when I caught some sleep.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

I had my first G8 last night.. Slept for 8 solid hours, woke slightly groogy but shook it off fast. HGHPro - gave me horrible dreams and very restless sleep, felt like I was awake all night even when I caught some sleep.
    Interesting how supps affect people differently. melatonin was like that for me, only tried it a couple times though.

G8 has been awesome so far, especially when thr alarm ia not involved- 2/3 scoop Friday night - slept like a rock for a solid 9 hours.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Interesting how supps affect people differently. melatonin was like that for me, only tried it a couple times though.

G8 has been awesome so far, especially when thr alarm ia not involved- 2/3 scoop Friday night - slept like a rock for a solid 9 hours.
    I am debating trying 2/3 of a scoop... or just running .5 till it doesnt produce the same results. I am impressed thus far, as I have had 2 solid sleeps in a row.
    FINAFLEX REP
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.

I am debating trying 2/3 of a scoop... or just running .5 till it doesnt produce the same results. I am impressed thus far, as I have had 2 solid sleeps in a row.
    If a half scoop does the job, then I would keep it there....

When you start to feel you need more, you can always up the dose.
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    If a half scoop does the job, then I would keep it there....

When you start to feel you need more, you can always up the dose.
    Solid advice.. thanks man
    FINAFLEX REP
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.

Solid advice.. thanks man
    You're welcome....enjoy the sleep
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.

I'd keep on the half dose like Edje suggested. Make sure you take the two recommended days or as well. A tolerance can be built and just like stims is good practice to cycle off. But unlike stims the period time of doesn't have to be as long.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

I've only gone a full scoop once. Unless you're prepared to sleep in, I wouldn't go past 1/2 scoop either. You can definitely lose some time with G8.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I've only gone a full scoop once. Unless you're prepared to sleep in, I wouldn't go past 1/2 scoop either. You can definitely lose some time with G8.
    Bingo! I tried 2/3 Friday, because I didn't have to get up Saturday. 1/2 is a good amount for sure, I knew 1 scoop would be overkill, so 2/3 seemed like a compromise This is an interesting sleep supp, as it is the first time I've tried anything that just simply knocked me out like this - no tossing, waking, dreaming for that matter.

I'll probably stick to 1/2 from here on out - the effect didn't seem like it would be a cost effective use of extra product.

I've always tinkered a little with dosing sleep supps, finding one in particular I only need to take 3 out of 4 caps, making the bottle last a lot longer, so if 1/2 works best for me, even better -
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

simply knocked me out like this - no tossing
    Funny you mention that. I just realized 2 out of 3 nights I woke up exactly how I fell asleep.
    FINAFLEX REP
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

^^ exactly what I am screaming gentlemen
    love it when I wake up, and the bed (which I make daily of course) is untouched except for where I have been
    pull the sheets up, good to go
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Make your bed every day?

Pshhhhhh I'm the master of waking up 9 minutes before class starts and speeding down I-35 to get there. Ain't nobody got time for bed making
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaiyan View Post
    Make your bed every day?

Pshhhhhh I'm the master of waking up 9 minutes before class starts and speeding down I-35 to get there. Ain't nobody got time for bed making
    I am anal in most things in life brah..gotta have nice & orderly looking crib
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I love anal the most in life brah..gotta have nice & orderly looking rear
    Eeeesh
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Eeeesh
    well....I am proud i do not suffer from white man's disease
    i can jump well, have an outstanding vertical, and my butt is very nice
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

So just caught myself this morning – noticed I hadn’t posted my workouts since deload.

On paper, hit 1000lbs total. My original goal of all 3 over 300 is continuing at a steady pace as well, just might get my bench up over this year still. Didn’t get any videos – I’ve been listening to a lot of Joe Rogan podcasts lately thru my phone.

On bench, I’ve been really trying to get my legs working with me & not raising my butt up. Getting my legs back under & being on my toes seems to have helped – I was thinking I needed to keep feet flat on the floor.

Squat – starting to adjust a bit to low-bar. Felt pretty unnatural at first. This week I think I started getting the groove of it – more stable, less feeling like my arms are holding the bar up. Really felt a difference in the bottom. Other than a weird feeling in my right knee on the last rep, the rest of me felt like I had a few more reps in me.

Managed to get ahead of schedule. I had planned to be backpacking last weekend, so I set up my training schedule with that in mind. Those plans were called off & I couldn’t resist hitting the weights over the weekend.

New Maxes – 170 OHP, 415 DL, 275 Bench, 310 Squat
    Training Maxes - 153 OHP, 373.5 DL, 247.5 Bench, 279 Squat

5’s –
    ---
    OHP – 100x5, 115x5, 130x8 (+3)

Superset 5x10
    Chins – 30lbs
    OHP 50% - 80lbs

DL – 245x5, 285x5, 320x7 (+2)

Superset
    Hanging Leg Raises – 5x15
    DL 50% - 190lbs

Bench – 165x5, 190x5, 215x8 (+3)

Superset 5x10
    Kroc Row – 85lbs
    Bench 50% - 125lbs

Squat – 185x5, 210x5, 240x7 (+2)

Superset 5x10
    Leg Curl - 100lbs
    Squat 50% - 140lbs

Today - 3’s
    ---
    OHP – 110x3, 125x3, 140x6 (+3)

Superset 5x10
    Chins – 30lbs
    OHP 50% - 80lbs
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Slept like a baby the last couple nights – ˝ scoop G8 with a scoop of BCAA/SAA works like a charm. I actually just throw the scoops in a cup, put water from the faucet in, just swish the cup (no actually stirring) & it mixed up pretty friggin good! The two apple flavors seem to complement each other (as I type this, sipping on a scoop of BCAA/SAA at work).

Flavor aside, let’s talk recovery – basically, I’ve been keeping a full schedule, lifting & training for Russia – extra cardio, mobility work, & prop/performance practice. I’m feeling great. Even catching a bit of fat loss. Just over 3 weeks out. Everything seems to be keeping up to task & a-ok! Grip is a bit weak in DL, but it’s getting hit pretty hard almost every day– weighted chins, DL & HLR, Kroc Rows, & practice.

DLs were ok but could’ve been better. I felt kinda rushed (for really no good reason). In turn, I kept coming over my toes. Actually took a step forward one rep. So wasn’t really in the groove at all & 340 just felt heavy, especially in my hands/fingers.

Made up for it today - Had an awesome bench session – worked on setting the arch, getting leg drive without butt lift – nailed 225x7: butt lifted just a touch on the last rep – huge improvement, I think. I gotta get a vid next week for sure.

2.5 hour performance tonight, only about an hour of fire. Plenty of practice & extra cardio! We are entertaining the incoming freshman for the university – should be an amusing evening. Hopefully I have time to get a bit of yoga or something before to loosen up.

3’s
    ----
    DL – 265x3, 300x3, 340x5 (+2)

Superset
    Hanging Leg Raise – BW x 15
    DL –50% - 185lbs - 5x10
    ----

Bench – 175x3, 200x3, 225x7 (+4)

Superset
    Kroc Row – 85lbs
    Bench 50% - 125 – 5x10
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Solid work man, very nice.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Solid work man, very nice.
    Thanks man! I'm really pleased with my progression with this program. I've never made strength gains like now. Heck a decently progressing recomp as well. Just noticed today I've been coming in 2 lbs heavier on average this month... that's a first in a looong time... plus more abs showing- getting close ...

My wife's reading the book now, getting ready to start it.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

Thanks man! I'm really pleased with my progression with this program. I've never made strength gains like now. Heck a decently progressing recomp as well. Just noticed today I've been coming in 2 lbs heavier on average this month... that's a first in a looong time... plus more abs showing- getting close ...

My wife's reading the book now, getting ready to start it.
    That's exactly how I am man. It's good stuff.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Eh... sub par squat day ... wife popped into the room unexpectedly on my way down into the 3rd rep. Caught me by surprise, I got out of sorts, hips shot and I totally GM'ed the weight up. I had to rack it at 3, said bye to the wife, and then immediately went for another set of 3 to make up for it - not counting the extra reps but I can't say I legitimately stalled either. That was some crap... I was having trouble getting in the zone from lack of sleep and then that topped it off. Rest and food today, along with some house work, then getting the canoe out tomorrow, so maybe a rest weekend.

Squat – 200x3, 225x3, 235x3 x2

Superset 5x10
    Leg Curl - 100lbs
    Squat 50% - 140lbs
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Low - ceiling pro tip: duck when necessary ...

Loading weights on the bar, I backed up too far and cracked the back of my skull on the furnace return duct. Managed to draw blood even... Cleaned up and had a great OHP session, last set 150x3 went up relatively easy.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

and this is why you need a real workout area - gym or something
    I don't know how you can maneuver in that lil box of a closet
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Loading weights on the bar, I backed up too far and cracked the back of my skull on the furnace return duct. Managed to draw blood even... .
    You'll be feeling that tomorrow... hope you are ok bro.
    FINAFLEX REP
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

is that why all the forests are burning? lol jk looks pretty kick ass man. nice work, and not to count out the photographer either. thanks for sharing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The right way to stretch?
    By BigVrunga in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 12:35 PM
  2. What is the best way to increase appetite?
    By conversekidz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 04:11 PM
  3. How to use EVO the easy way
    By bellx1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2003, 12:21 PM
  4. The ONLY way to go to a strip club...
    By ManBeast in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 04:19 PM
  5. Dispose of the pins the right way bros
    By SHOT in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-02-2002, 05:21 PM