Recovery supplement?

Randog01

Awards
Hi all,
I have been doing HIT for a couple of months now and have had some great gains. Before that I was doing 3 exercises per muscle with 3 sets per exercise all to failure. Initially I was making great progress and then I started to get weaker ie, less reps and less weight.. after trying multiple things and not making a difference I switched to HIT (Mike Mentzer style) and almost immediately started to make PR’s on every exercise for each muscle along with good size gains.

now I’m wondering if there is a supplement that can be recommended that can hasten recovery and overcompensation beetween workouts.

I guess it comes with being natural (for now) that recovery between workouts is not as fast as someone on gear.

Any feedback on supplements to hasten recovery is much appreciated!!
A couple that may fit is pepti-plex and recovery fix..

@sns8778

Last edited:

teamguy312

Awards
Credit goes to @Hyde for this one, I wanted something for cardio that works quickly sort of like a pre workout but simply for endurance and such. The product is called PeakO2. Increases stamina, VO2 max, etc. I’m not saying it’s the best thing to recovery, but if you are doing HIIT you’ll appreciate it like I have. Truly a large difference.

Randog01

Awards
Credit goes to @Hyde for this one, I wanted something for cardio that works quickly sort of like a pre workout but simply for endurance and such. The product is called PeakO2. Increases stamina, VO2 max, etc. I’m not saying it’s the best thing to recovery, but if you are doing HIIT you’ll appreciate it like I have. Truly a large difference.
I think what you are referring to as ‘HIIT’ is different than the the ‘HIT’ I am referring. The one I am referring to is a high intensity training of bodybuilding in which one or two sets of an exercise is done for a body part and that’s it and a period of time passes before the next workout so the body can recover and overcompensate. The set that is done needs to be at high intensity and till failure and then some.

is the HITT you are referring to a sort of cardio?

still, I appreciate the advice on Peak02! I will check it out! Thank you!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya that second I can disappear sometimes when you read it quick, HIT and HIIT aren't exactly the same.

That said I do still think the PeakO2 is a decent suggestion. It helps improve recovery and peak power output, so should help in a couple very important aspects for HIT training.

I'd also suggest SNS Pepti-Plex as my number 1 for something like this.

Then maybe something like Muscle Addiction Recovery Fix.

Products like CEL Anabolic Effect, SNS Anabolic XT, and SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT all should help with the actual performance in the gym and recovery, with something like SNS Amentoflavone XT being great for cranking out the strength and endurance in a session.

Making sure you are already taking in proper nutrition and more staple like ingredients for recovery like Creatine, Citrulline Malate, and Betaine as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like PEAK02 for endurance, but for recovery I think the best options by far are Pepti-Plex and Recovery Fix.

I'm still getting back into training from a major injury (ran over by a car and broke my shoulder and destroyed my right leg) and Pepti-Plex has not only helped my recovery from workouts to where it feels like I didn't even train (and I train very intensely) but it has also helped a lot with the healing of the muscle in my leg where the tibia snapped in half and came out through my calf muscle. I've also noticed major improvements in the partial tear I've had in my biceps.

Recovery Fix has been a staple through the physical therapy process for me and I was using it before Pepti-Plex was available.

Like I said, I love PEAK02 and use it when I'm doing a more endurance style of training, but for overall recovery, its not even in the same league as Pepti-Plex and Recovery Fix.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What are we considering recovery?

The research definition is would be more that one has regained their ability to match their previous performance. This would be independent of muscle soreness or perceived recovery. This is more objective, in that it related to objective performance.

Most ingredients that hasten recovery in this frame sadly also may imped the adaptation process in some form, meaning your are trading recovery or potential gains. With that said, the ones that seems to have merit while not (so far) impeding adaptive processes would be IMO:

Fish oil (pro-resolving mediators) (promote repair and inflammation resolution)
Curcumin (helps inhibit breakdown and prevent damage in the first place, plus faster repair processes)
Tart cherry (helps with oxidative stress through Nrf-2)
Taurine (helps with oxidative stress through Nrf-2 and modulates calcium ion related muscle fiber damage/fatigue)

Randog01

Awards
Ya that second I can disappear sometimes when you read it quick, HIT and HIIT aren't exactly the same.

That said I do still think the PeakO2 is a decent suggestion. It helps improve recovery and peak power output, so should help in a couple very important aspects for HIT training.

I'd also suggest SNS Pepti-Plex as my number 1 for something like this.

Then maybe something like Muscle Addiction Recovery Fix.

Products like CEL Anabolic Effect, SNS Anabolic XT, and SNS Phosphatidic Acid XT all should help with the actual performance in the gym and recovery, with something like SNS Amentoflavone XT being great for cranking out the strength and endurance in a session.

Making sure you are already taking in proper nutrition and more staple like ingredients for recovery like Creatine, Citrulline Malate, and Betaine as well.
Great! Sound like pepti-plex and/or Recovery Fix are the go to supplements. But nothing tops proper nutrition of course.

thanks!

Randog01

Awards
I like PEAK02 for endurance, but for recovery I think the best options by far are Pepti-Plex and Recovery Fix.

I'm still getting back into training from a major injury (ran over by a car and broke my shoulder and destroyed my right leg) and Pepti-Plex has not only helped my recovery from workouts to where it feels like I didn't even train (and I train very intensely) but it has also helped a lot with the healing of the muscle in my leg where the tibia snapped in half and came out through my calf muscle. I've also noticed major improvements in the partial tear I've had in my biceps.

Recovery Fix has been a staple through the physical therapy process for me and I was using it before Pepti-Plex was available.

Like I said, I love PEAK02 and use it when I'm doing a more endurance style of training, but for overall recovery, its not even in the same league as Pepti-Plex and Recovery Fix.
I will be taking a look at pepti-plex and recovery fix. Ouch! You mentioned you got injured but didn’t know it was that bad. Sounds like your doing much better!

I picked up quite a few items on Black Friday (including Stano-plex). Might be looking for your advise as far as stacking and PCT. I have searched the forums and found useful information but might still have a few questions.

Thanks!

teamguy312

Awards
I will be taking a look at pepti-plex and recovery fix. Ouch! You mentioned you got injured but didn’t know it was that bad. Sounds like your doing much better!

I picked up quite a few items on Black Friday (including Stano-plex). Might be looking for your advise as far as stacking and PCT. I have searched the forums and found useful information but might still have a few questions.

Thanks!
Sounds good man, but I would grab something to stack with that, would you be open to IGF-1? The real stuff, not LR3 or something from a peptide store. Cardarine is also not suppressive if that fits the bill.

Im not sure what natural products you could use for a truly effective PCT, I have always used pharmacy, typically 4-6 weeks of 25mg clomid a day and 10mg nolva a day.

If it has to be entirely natural, you could give HCGenerate ES a try. One time I didn’t have HCG to reconstitute and I decided to use the HCGenerate ES, it took longer for my nuts to return to normal, nolva and HCG seem to be the best at that but it was about 2 weeks before the HCGenerate ES started to increase libido, etc that was lost as well as testicle size.

Randog01

Awards
What are we considering recovery?

The research definition is would be more that one has regained their ability to match their previous performance. This would be independent of muscle soreness or perceived recovery. This is more objective, in that it related to objective performance.

Most ingredients that hasten recovery in this frame sadly also may imped the adaptation process in some form, meaning your are trading recovery or potential gains. With that said, the ones that seems to have merit while not (so far) impeding adaptive processes would be IMO:

Fish oil (pro-resolving mediators) (promote repair and inflammation resolution)
Curcumin (helps inhibit breakdown and prevent damage in the first place, plus faster repair processes)
Tart cherry (helps with oxidative stress through Nrf-2)
Taurine (helps with oxidative stress through Nrf-2 and modulates calcium ion related muscle fiber damage/fatigue)
Yeah, I wouldn’t want to compromise. I am looking for faster muscle healing and overcompensation. Muscle healing meaning the micro tears done to muscle fibers at failure. Not looking for soreness to go away but the actual faster healing.
I noticed that once I switched to working out 3 x a week (different muscles each day - once a week basically) and a rest day In between that’s when I started to get strength and size.
I am looking to see if there’s something that can hasten the healing but not at the expense of strength and size. I hope I make sense.

I will check out those supplements you suggested.. minus fish oils.. already take those.

thank you!

Randog01

Awards
Sounds good man, but I would grab something to stack with that, would you be open to IGF-1? The real stuff, not LR3 or something from a peptide store. Cardarine is also not suppressive if that fits the bill.

Im not sure what natural products you could use for a truly effective PCT, I have always used pharmacy, typically 4-6 weeks of 25mg clomid a day and 10mg nolva a day.

If it has to be entirely natural, you could give HCGenerate ES a try. One time I didn’t have HCG to reconstitute and I decided to use the HCGenerate ES, it took longer for my nuts to return to normal, nolva and HCG seem to be the best at that but it was about 2 weeks before the HCGenerate ES started to increase libido, etc that was lost as well as testicle size.
I don’t think I am there yet to try cardenine/IGF-1 but maybe in the future. I am still scratching the surface on natty supplements. At 42 years I may not be too far off though lol. At the moment I am taking cloma-plex and DHEA and it’s working pretty good. Next cycle I will be starting Stano-plex and then Pct and a couple of months with natty items I purchased (mtest/anabolic effect/anabolic Xt etc..). Only reason that I decided to give stanoplex a whirl is that there is no big impact to test production and doesn’t impact the liver.
I would like to look at cardenine & IGF-1 and read up on it. Do you have a link that I can look into those two?
Thanks!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

He doesn't need an OTC for Epiandrosterone.

Btw... this is the natural bodybuilding section of the forum, so probably not the place for discussing a lot of what is in that post. I'm sure you didn't realize that, I just wanted to point that out haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t think I am there yet to try cardenine/IGF-1 but maybe in the future. I am still scratching the surface on natty supplements. At 42 years I may not be too far off though lol. At the moment I am taking cloma-plex and DHEA and it’s working pretty good. Next cycle I will be starting Stano-plex and then Pct and a couple of months with natty items I purchased (mtest/anabolic effect/anabolic Xt etc..). Only reason that I decided to give stanoplex a whirl is that there is no big impact to test production and doesn’t impact the liver.
I would like to look at cardenine & IGF-1 and read up on it. Do you have a link that I can look into those two?
Thanks!
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on the Cardarine suggestion. No disrespect to him, but based on some interactions you and I have had and things discussed, Cardarine is not something I would ever under any circumstance suggest for you.

If you're going to run Anabolic Effect and Anabolic XT for a longer cycle, like 12 to 20 weeks, you could actually use Stano-Plex at the beginning of your cycle and then the M-Test, Anabolic Effect, and Anabolic XT would take care of the PCT portion without you even needing to add anything else to it.

teamguy312

Awards
He doesn't need an OTC for Epiandrosterone.

Btw... this is the natural bodybuilding section of the forum, so probably not the place for discussing a lot of what is in that post. I'm sure you didn't realize that, I just wanted to point that out haha.
My bad, there are like 5 different types of epi abbreviations out there, my fault.

Oh man I figured since it wasn’t supplements but natural that I could talk about IGF-1 and things that are naturally in the body, but I suppose an exogenous form makes it not appropriate on this forum? My apologies.

It does make me curious about one thing though, what’s the ideal natural PCT these days? HCGenerate ES was the only one I ever used but it’s $$$.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Thanks!
Yeah, it was rough. I got ran over by a vehicle in Feb 2022. It broke my right shoulder, broke my fibula above the ankle and below the knee, and then broke the tibia in half an shattered it and it came out thru the calf muscle. At first they thought I wasn't going to live, then thought I was going to lose my leg. Major surgeries, 10 days in trauma center, close to 2 months in a wheelchair, 6 months physical therapy 5 days a week, and then had to learn how to walk again.

Recovery Fix was a staple through physical therapy because it helps so much with soreness, muscular recovery, and decreased inflammation. Then I started Pepti-Plex when it came out and its been incredible for helping with the muscle healing; and a lot of other people have experienced similar benefits from it.

I'm glad to help you with PCT and a natural PCT is fine for Stano-Plex. If you're planning on running M-Test, Anabolic Effect, and Anabolic XT, you could use Stano Plex at the start of that cycle and wouldn't even need to use anything else for PCT in terms of recovery supps. You could throw in Liver Assist XT to be on the safe side if you wanted to.

teamguy312

Awards
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on the Cardarine suggestion. No disrespect to him, but based on some interactions you and I have had and things discussed, Cardarine is not something I would ever under any circumstance suggest for you.

If you're going to run Anabolic Effect and Anabolic XT for a longer cycle, like 12 to 20 weeks, you could actually use Stano-Plex at the beginning of your cycle and then the M-Test, Anabolic Effect, and Anabolic XT would take care of the PCT portion without you even needing to add anything else to it.
You have more knowledge than me brother and definitely know OP better than me, so Randog, listen to Steve. He knows his **** about this stuff. As for me, I’m going to have to retreat to the anabolic sub forum before I get myself banned 😂

Just out of curiosity though, why is he not a good candidate for cardarine?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My bad, there are like 5 different types of epi abbreviations out there, my fault.

Oh man I figured since it wasn’t supplements but natural that I could talk about IGF-1 and things that are naturally in the body, but I suppose an exogenous form makes it not appropriate on this forum? My apologies.

It does make me curious about one thing though, what’s the ideal natural PCT these days? HCGenerate ES was the only one I ever used but it’s $$$.
There was another thread that I posted a very comprehensive list in earlier today.

It really depends on what one is trying to target for aspects of PCT though.

Keeping it super simple, depending on what is needed to be targeted:
  • If prolactin control is needed - Inhibit-P.
  • If estrogen control is needed:
    • Inhibit-E - is unique in that it helps to modulate estrogen and improve estrogen to testosterone levels.
    • Cloma-Plex - natural testosterone booster with anti-estrogen aspects included.
    • Alpha Gel - natural testosterone booster and estrogen control support.
  • Natural Testosterone Boosters:
    • M-Test
    • Optimize-T
    • Cloma-Plex (estrogen control component)
    • Alpha Gel (estrogen control component)
  • Natural Anabolics that prove useful in PCT:
    • Anabolic Effect
    • Anabolic XT
      • Note: We've seen reports of people making as good of gains in PCT stacking Anabolic Effect and Anabolic XT as they did on mild cycles.
Then there are a variety of support supplements that I mentioned in that other thread today.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You have more knowledge than me brother and definitely know OP better than me, so Randog, listen to Steve. He knows his **** about this stuff. As for me, I’m going to have to retreat to the anabolic sub forum before I get myself banned 😂

Just out of curiosity though, why is he not a good candidate for cardarine?
Cardarine reminds me of politics haha - in that there are the people that cling to the side saying its safe and then people that act like you're going to drop dead if you even look at it - basically both parties have extreme views of it.

The truth, like most things, is in the middle. Cardarine may not be ask dangerous as the 'you're gonna drop dead right this instant' crowd makes it out to be, but it certainly comes along with risks and a lot of these risks weren't fully explored because of the clinicals on it being abandoned because of worries of risks. Think about it like this - the clinicals that were abandoned scared big pharma enough into abandoning a drug that they tied millions up in studying; and if something scares big pharma, there is risk involved.

And in his case, having not used things like that before and with overall health being very important to him, it isn't something I would suggest for him. It's not even something I would have used when I was younger and definitely not something I would use now at 45.

teamguy312

Awards
There was another thread that I posted a very comprehensive list in earlier today.

• Inhibit-E - is unique in that it helps to modulate estrogen and improve estrogen to testosterone levels.
    • Cloma-Plex - natural testosterone booster with anti-estrogen aspects included.
    • M-Test
    • Optimize-T
    • Anabolic Effect
    • Anabolic XT
      • Note: We've seen reports of people making as good of gains in PCT stacking Anabolic Effect and Anabolic XT as they did on mild cycles.
Then there are a variety of support supplements that I mentioned in that other thread today.
Gotcha, makes sense. The info about anabolic XT and effect making a good PCT is awesome. Always wanted to try m-test but never have.

teamguy312

Awards
Cardarine reminds me of politics haha - in that there are the people that cling to the side saying its safe and then people that act like you're going to drop dead if you even look at it - basically both parties have extreme views of it.

The truth, like most things, is in the middle. Cardarine may not be ask dangerous as the 'you're gonna drop dead right this instant' crowd makes it out to be, but it certainly comes along with risks and a lot of these risks weren't fully explored because of the clinicals on it being abandoned because of worries of risks. Think about it like this - the clinicals that were abandoned scared big pharma enough into abandoning a drug that they tied millions up in studying; and if something scares big pharma, there is risk involved.

And in his case, having not used things like that before and with overall health being very important to him, it isn't something I would suggest for him. It's not even something I would have used when I was younger and definitely not something I would use now at 45.
Jesus, I must be an absolute nutcase 😂. I’m 25, have gone through 2 60 cap bottles of 10mg capsules and 2 bottles of liquid cardarine I use 120ml of at 20mg/ml, coupled that with HGH 3 times a day and IGF-1 twice daily. It gave me the most defined abs I’ve had.

I understand completely why you are saying for him to not take it, I think it’s a personal decision when you weigh potential cancer risk, etc.

I’m good cause I refuse to get cancer from cardarine, it’s going to take roundup weed killer at the very least to take me out.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Jesus, I must be an absolute nutcase 😂. I’m 25, have gone through 2 60 cap bottles of 10mg capsules and 2 bottles of liquid cardarine I use 120ml of at 20mg/ml, coupled that with HGH 3 times a day and IGF-1 twice daily. It gave me the most defined abs I’ve had.

I understand completely why you are saying for him to not take it, I think it’s a personal decision when you weigh potential cancer risk, etc.

I’m good cause I refuse to get cancer from cardarine, it’s going to take roundup weed killer at the very least to take me out.
I think its definitely about perspective and about the simple fact that one can achieve results easier at 25 than at 42 or 45, and that as we age, overall health becomes more important for many of us.

The worry for me with Cardarine isn't just the worries and studies that we have seen; its how easily the drug company abandoned millions tied up in the studies whereas they normally would try to justify them or list them as a warning, but in this case whatever was found out or theorized that lead them to just outright being like 'screw this, we're out' haha.

Randog01

Awards
Yeah, it was rough. I got ran over by a vehicle in Feb 2022. It broke my right shoulder, broke my fibula above the ankle and below the knee, and then broke the tibia in half an shattered it and it came out thru the calf muscle. At first they thought I wasn't going to live, then thought I was going to lose my leg. Major surgeries, 10 days in trauma center, close to 2 months in a wheelchair, 6 months physical therapy 5 days a week, and then had to learn how to walk again.

Recovery Fix was a staple through physical therapy because it helps so much with soreness, muscular recovery, and decreased inflammation. Then I started Pepti-Plex when it came out and its been incredible for helping with the muscle healing; and a lot of other people have experienced similar benefits from it.

I'm glad to help you with PCT and a natural PCT is fine for Stano-Plex. If you're planning on running M-Test, Anabolic Effect, and Anabolic XT, you could use Stano Plex at the start of that cycle and wouldn't even need to use anything else for PCT in terms of recovery supps. You could throw in Liver Assist XT to be on the safe side if you wanted to.
Man.. that was some strong will to get thru that and the suffering thru the process. Gods grace you are here still!

looks like it’s narrowed down to pepti-plex and recovery fix for the supplements.

I will start a different thread with the layout on what my next cycle (after DHEA gel/cloma plex) with Stanoplex i have planned.

thank you again!!

Randog01

Awards

• M-Test
    • Optimize-T
    • Anabolic Effect
    • Anabolic XT
Thanks for the breakdown on each!
Question: what about a stack of Anabolic Effect and Growth Factor XT instead of Anabolic Effect and Anabolic XT?

wondering the Growth Factor XT with Anabolic Effect might cover a wider range of benefits?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man.. that was some strong will to get thru that and the suffering thru the process. Gods grace you are here still!

looks like it’s narrowed down to pepti-plex and recovery fix for the supplements.

I will start a different thread with the layout on what my next cycle (after DHEA gel/cloma plex) with Stanoplex i have planned.

thank you again!!
You're very welcome. Feel free to tag me in it.

Thanks for the breakdown on each!
Question: what about a stack of Anabolic Effect and Growth Factor XT instead of Anabolic Effect and Anabolic XT?

wondering the Growth Factor XT with Anabolic Effect might cover a wider range of benefits?
Growth Factor XT is an awesome product and could certainly be used in place of Anabolic XT, but Anabolic XT and Anabolic Effect are a great stack and I don't think I'd pick anything over that stack. I would add Growth Factor XT to it though - which for me, that's a year round supplement at this point bc I suck at mornings and it actually helps me wake up feeling refreshed.

teamguy312

Awards

thank you again!!
Good choice, you'll have good results with SNS stuff.

MyleeGood

Awards
It's great to hear about your progress with HIT. Recovery is key, especially with intense training like that. While supplements can help, it's important to focus on overall nutrition and rest too. I've heard good things about certain supplements like pepti-plex and recovery fix, but it's also worth considering natural options like protein-rich foods and proper hydration. Also, I found some info about too much protein in hair. It's interesting how our diet can affect more than just our muscles. I've read that excessive protein intake can lead to hair brittleness, so it's something to keep in mind for overall health.

Last edited: