USPlabs Advanced Leaning Protein Beta Test Reactions & Reviews

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The question that EVERYONE is asking...

<<< WHEN AND WHERE Can I FINALLY Get My Hands On The New USPlabs Protein?!>>>

Trust us; we're just as excited as you are for that first scoop to drop into the shakers of our loyal clients! We wanted to walk you through the protocol of how to not only get this protein, but be able to secure it WELL before those not "in the know"...

Current USPlabs InnerCircle members: You know the drill... The email will arrive in your inbox with a secret link to secure your 'kit'. This time-tested method will be used once more, so sit tight... read the Beta Testing reviews and wait for the hook-up! It's coming...

NON USPlabs InnerCircle (IC) members: Our infamous IC releases are known industry wide, and like your deadlift bar with 7 plates per side,they send SHOCKWAVES when they drop! You’ll not only get early VIP access to the new USPlabs protein, but you’ll get an insane deal available to our exclusive IC members only. Very simply – sign up for the list, and we will drop you an email when we release the one-time sale link!

Signing up is free and easy at InnerCircle Signup!

----------

It’s official! The Beta Test shipments have left the building! Beta Testers should be receiving their packs very soon, some have already received!

'USPlabs Advanced Leaning Protein’ Reactions

The rules for this thread are very simple. After consuming each Beta pack, come to this thread and fill us in on your feelings thus far.

Remember to follow the mixing instructions provided on the Beta Test packaging.

Some examples of points that you could touch on, but not required to: (PLEASE feel free to add your own points if you've witness other effects)

Don’t forget to record your unboxing and first usage to be eligible for a FREE bottle!

• What flavor did you use today?
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste?
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste?
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture?
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell?
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability?
  • Did you experience any recovery changes?
  • Would you be interested in using this product in the future?
  • Please add other comments that you have.
  • Videos and Images are expected and appreciated!
  • Use #usplabsprotein on social!
Each Beta Tester should fill this short questionnaire out four times. One time for each Beta Test packet.

GIVEAWAY NOTICE!
If you include a high-quality YouTube video with EACH of your four (4) reaction posts, you will be entered in a giveaway lottery. These videos should be of you mixing and drinking your USPlabs protein and giving your opinions/ratings along the way. Have fun with this, be creative and you may see some serious BONUS points!

On May 27[SUP]th[/SUP], 2013 we will select 5 of these individuals and send them two FULL bottles of The USPlabs Advanced Leaning Protein for FREE!

Thank you in advance for taking part in the most important protein innovation in industry history!

Team USPlabs

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cant wait for my samples to come in

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This. Should. Be. Intensely. Delicious. Fun.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mine is in....

Now what do you want me to take fellas?

Ill get a log started asap!!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Ill check my mail once I get home tonight from being in the field all this week!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Review #1 - Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Pudding

[video=youtube;3yKbvDjwEnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yKbvDjwEnA[/video]
USP Labs Vanilla Protein Pudding - YouTube

What flavor did you use today? Vanilla Ice Cream
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 8.5/10
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? I found little to no after taste
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 9/10 --> Creamier than expect. A bit on the thicker side. Perhaps a blend of MPI/Casein??
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 9 Delicious! Big Aroma
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 10 -- No problems what so ever
Did you experience any recovery changes? Overall Recovery was not altered by Protein Powder.
Would you be interested in using this product in the future? Yes!
Please add other comments that you have.
Mixed Thicker than Expected
Except for Spilling it on myself I had 0 problems
This resembles more of a basic vanilla frosting you get in the baking aisle you use to coat a cake with. That cake frosting from Duncan Hines in my opinion. This had more of a "Cake Batter" Taste to it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Review #2 -- Chocolate Cake

[video=youtube;rP1u8eajvSo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1u8eajvSo[/video]
USP Labs Protein Chocolate Cake - YouTube

What flavor did you use today? Chocolate
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 9/10 --> mix of Devil's Food/Brownies IMO
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 9/10 ---> Absolutely DELICIOUS
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 9/10 --> Bit Thicker, Think this is a blend.
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? Not as strong as the vanilla IMO
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 10/10 no problems
Did you experience any recovery changes? No increased Recovery from a protein powder
Would you be interested in using this product in the future? Hands down YES!
This Reminds me of a mix between a Devil's Food Chocolate and brownie. Both would compliment this flavor well. Overall this is the #1 flavor between the vanilla and the chocolate. This is just incredible. USP labs Chocolate > Vanilla (in my opinion they did an outstanding job nailing this flavor! Simply INCREDIBLE!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What flavor did you use today?

Milk Chocolate (in 6oz of water)

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste?

9: I’m not a huge chocolate fan, but I loved it. It had a rich and creamy cocoa taste, which had me wanting more immediately. It reminded me somewhat of homemade chocolate milk or Nesquick. The taste should be phenomenal in almond milk (up next :)).

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste?

9: Pleasant aftertaste, which wasn’t too strong.

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture?

10: I couldn’t have been happier with the texture. The thickness and creaminess was exactly what I look for in a protein shake.

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell?

9: It smelled great when opening the sample.

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability?

10: Mixed very well. Zero issues/clumps.

Did you experience any recovery changes?

Too early to judge.

Would you be interested in using this product in the future?

Definitely.

Outstanding job with both the flavor and consistency. One of the best chocolate protein powders that I have tried.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Review #3 -- Chocolate Protein Pudding

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 9/10 --> mix of Devil's Food/Brownies IMO
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 9/10 ---> Very Good. better than Vanilla
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 9/10 --> Bit Thicker, Think this is a blend. MPI/Whey/Casein
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? Not as strong as the vanilla IMO
Did you experience any recovery changes? No increased Recovery from a protein powder
Would you be interested in using this product in the future? Yes I would
Again. This mix's good, not as thick as a Trutein (40/40/20 Whey/Casein/Egg) but i would put it on par with MTS whey/Myofusion as far as overall thickness (for those who have tried it). The flavoring is great, this chocolate is very good among those on the market. It honestly tastes like a Devil's Food Cake from the Betty Crocker Mix. This will be USP Lab's better seller (based off my experience). They did a good job.

French Toast next Video Review

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had vanilla last night and chocolate tonight. I usually hate chocolate and I can honestly say this is the best tasting chocolate protein I have ever had. It should be called "in n out chocolate shake" I love vanilla and that is still in my top 3 vanillas. However, I will probably buy chocolate on the inner circle deal :)

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube;lQsKvpfnInY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQsKvpfnInY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Ratings included in video

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm going to sub to this.... anyone info on the macro profile for this?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
23g of protein, 2g snet carbs...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Review #4 -- Chocolate French Toast

[video=youtube;rfnKwfj-Tck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnKwfj-Tck[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnKwfj-Tck

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 9/10 ---> Very Good!
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 9/10 --> Bit Thicker, Think this is a blend of MPI, WPC, WPI, and Casein's as labeled
Would you be interested in using this product in the future? Hands down!
Since its a blend it binds better in the french toast as a pudding/gel to encoat the bread. Overall very satisfied and i will let the video do the talking! Outstanding job USP Labs.

newbreed

Awards

Milk Chocolate (in 6oz of water) in my 3 in 1 shaker

10: Not a huge fan of chocolate flavored proteins but this one was unbelievable. It reminded me of real chocolate milk which I have never experienced with any other chocolate protein before. It's amazing it tasted that good especially in water.

9: Wasn't aggressive at all. Didn't have any issues.

10: Wasn't watery like other proteins. Was very creamy which is a bonus.

9: Smell was awesome.

10: Mixed perfectly. No clumps at all.

Can't really judge that as it's only been a couple days.

HELL YEAH!

Once again USPlabs did not disappoint on this one. I can't wait to try the Vanilla.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Second Review, this time Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor.
http://youtu.be/wJmcC7y80hE
•What flavor did you use today? Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 8
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 7
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 7
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 9
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 8
•Did you experience any recovery changes? Recovery from the Chocolate was very good would give that a 10. Will rate the recovery from the Vanilla tomorrow.
•Would you be interested in using this product in the future? Absolutely would use this product in the future!!

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to sub to this.... anyone info on the macro profile for this?
23 grams Premium protein blend (Premium Milk protein isolate (which is 80% casien and 20% whey), Premium 80% whey protein concentrate (highest quality on the market), micellar casien).
4 grams of fat (MCT, CLA, sunflower)
2 grams net carbs
3 grams fiber

130 calories per serving

Amazing taste

Blend designed to spark Protein synthesis and stop protein degradation...its exactly what you want anytime you drink a protein...ANYTIIME YOU DRINK A PROTEIN..

NO AMINO FILLERS....

Get in on the IC, it will be epic!

Spread the good word...

A company that loves their consumers doesn't screw them on precious protein content!

All that hard work in the gym, to come home and thinking you are taking in 25grams of protein when in reality its 17 grams of super low quality protein..Let's be real, if they are spiking it, they are not using high quality protein...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
23 grams Premium protein blend (Premium Milk protein isolate (which is 80% casien and 20% whey), Premium 80% whey protein concentrate (highest quality on the market), micellar casien).
4 grams of fat (MCT, CLA, sunflower)
2 grams net carbs
3 grams fiber

130 calories per serving

Amazing taste

Blend designed to spark Protein synthesis and stop protein degradation...its exactly what you want anytime you drink a protein...ANYTIIME YOU DRINK A PROTEIN..

NO AMINO FILLERS....

Get in on the IC, it will be epic!

Spread the good word...

A company that loves their consumers doesn't screw them on precious protein content!

All that hard work in the gym, to come home and thinking you are taking in 25grams of protein when in reality its 17 grams of super low quality protein..Let's be real, if they are spiking it, they are not using high quality protein...
Good stuff...

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Review 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAR9UXpvwGo&feature=youtu.be

What flavor did you use today? Milk chocolate
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 9
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 8... Weird taste a few minutes later.. Nothing big though
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture?10 very smooth and creamy
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 9.5 just like milk chocolate
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 10. A little frothy but nothing on the sides and blended instantly
Did you experience any recovery changes? No recovery changes, my legs are destroyed from yesterday haha
Would you be interested in using this product in the future? For sure!

Review 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Szw-vgmgK8&feature=youtu.be

What flavor did you use today? Vanilla Ice Cream
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 10
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 9... a few minutes after I had the normal protein taste in my mouth
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture?10 very smooth and a little frothy
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 9.5 like vanilla
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 10. A little frothy
Did you experience any recovery changes? cant tell yet

Review 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4nyYadchbk

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 10, gets better and better each time I take a sip
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 10 still tasting like protein
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture?10 very smooth silky creamy
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 10
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 10.
Did you experience any recovery changes? cant tell

Final protein Review #4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVn83YpLLYM

On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 10
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 7 - funky aftertaste today after about 10 min i had to rinse my mouth out.
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture?10 still smooth silky and creamy
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 10
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 10.
Did you experience any recovery changes? cant tell yet
Would you be interested in using this product in the future? obviously

Summary:

OK guys so here is my overall view of the samples provided to me! I mixed the samples as instructed with 6-8oz of water each day to gauge them effectively.

For the vanilla ice cream flavor, I normally hate vanilla protein it makes me gag even upon smelling it let alone drinking it. This protein was different though. The smell of the powder was different. I don't know how to describe it honestly but it USPlabs hit it dead on. It was a little frothy but settled after a while and the taste wasn't bad! It was actually pretty good! I was surprised as you can see in my video.. overall I give this a 9/10.

For the chocolate milk protein I'm giving it 5 stars! This stuff was absolutely delicious! I don't know if you guys went to the store and bought the premade chocolate milk and dried it and put it in a bag, but that's what it tasted like! By far the best tasting protein I've ever tried! Normally I take 2-3 scoops of protein at a time and its still not as thick as this stuff was for being one scoop! It had a silky smooth texture with a little of the residual froth left bubbling on the top of the liquid. I really enjoyed these samples and looked forward to drinking it everyday! On my last day I took the sample in the morning with no other food on the palate. There was a slightly gross aftertaste, but normal for most proteins so nothing out of the ordinary!

IronANDtest88

Awards
Just found mine at the front door as I was leaving for work. First reviews will come tonight or tomorrow. Due to the casein content I think I'm going to take my first dose before bed tonight! Excited! More info coming!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just found mine at the front door as I was leaving for work. First reviews will come tonight or tomorrow. Due to the casein content I think I'm going to take my first dose before bed tonight! Excited! More info coming!
Perfect! Thanks for the update! We look forward to hearing your honest feedback!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sample reviews 1 and 2 coming right up!

Milk Chocolate Flavor: Trial 1

Milk Chocolate

How was it Prepared?

Mixed into ~6 oz. water (maybe a bit more, 7ish) using a shaker bottle as per label recommendations. Once mixed I poured it into a glass, so that I could easily see how well it mixed.

This has a very distinct MILK chocolate flavor, just as the name implies. Very good and very true to it's name. My boyfriend was home when I mixed this up and he also sampled it. Both of us agreed that for a lean protein mixed in water, this is just about the best we have tried. Rating: 10

Prepared in this way, there was none to speak of. Rating: 10

The shake was much thicker than expected. I was impressed at the even consistency even with the casein in the formula. Good stuff, I couldn't ask for more from a plain shake in water. Rating: 10

The smell of the powder reminded me of the milk chocolate boxed cake mix that I ALWAYS used to beg for on my birthday as a child. Rating: 10

The shake mixed easily, and when poured into a glass I saw no chunks of powder floating around and there were none left in the shaker that I poured it from. I also did not observe any little powder grains or chunks which sank to the bottom of the glass. One negative event with the mixing was that it foamed up. Maybe I over-mixed it, and I'll mix a little less next time and see if that fixes he problem, but when poured into the glass there was a decently thick layer of foam sitting on the top. I let it sit in the glass for about a minute then swirled it with a spoon and the foam went away. Rating: 8

N/A. I did not consume this after a workout, or even on a workout day at all. It was simply added to a meal and worked into that day's protein intake.

On the basis that the only negative thing which I could think to comment on was foam which was gone with a minute at rest followed by a quick swirl of the spoon, YES!

Picture time...

Right after pouring into the glass, with foam:

Before you ask yes, that container does contain a layer of oats on the bottom and a layer of dry rice on top. Yes, that was an accident.

View from above for the foamy one:

Problem solved after about a minute at rest and a quick swirl with a spoon:

Empty glass right after drinking. Looking at the residue you can see that there are no chunks clinging to the glass and that this is thicker in texture than your ordinary whey protein:

So far so good. The Milk Chocolate flavor prepared as per label recommendations turned out wonderfully. Wonderful protein in water? Yep, I said it.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Milk Chocolate Flavor: Trial 2

Milk Chocolate

How was it Prepared?

Mixed in a bowl, adding amount of water. The amount of water was just enough to make it into a pudding-like consistency. I eat my normal protein powder like this every day. I rarely drink them as a shake anymore.

As with the shake this had a very distinct milk chocolate flavor, but more intense. Very good and very true to it's name. Rating: 10

With the flavor being more concentrated I did notice a slight aftertaste of artificial sweeteners. That doesn't bother me at all because that's what I'm used to. A protein powder sweetened with cane sugar would probably just taste weird to me. While it didn't bother me, I have known plenty of people to be the opposite. I don't know, I can't relate. All I can say is that a flavor other than milk chocolate does seem to linger, but it is not unpleasant. Rating: In terms of what I think other people would have to say - 8. If all that mattered were my own preferences - 9.

As expected, I needed to add significantly more water to the bowl of powder make the pudding than I use with plain, thin mixing, whey protein. The texture as expected was very thick and creamy. Good stuff, those qualities make for some good protein sludge. Rating: 10

Restatement what I wrote about the powder in trial 1: "The smell of the powder reminded me of the milk chocolate boxed cake mix that I ALWAYS used to beg for on my birthday as a child." Moving on from that the smell of the sludge was similar to that of the powder. Imagine the smell of a milk chocolate cake mix right before it goes into the oven. Rating: 10

The consistency was even; I did not notice any chunks. I only mixed it until all of the powder was wet, and then for a couple of stirs beyond that. During the process, chunks did not form and once the water was mixed in it was ready to go. Rating: 10

N/A. I did not consume this post-workout.

Yes indeed!

Picture: Sludge after a good bit of it was eliminated. Ok, maybe most of it. What...I was hungry and did not want to wait to take a picture before digging in!

determinator

determinator

Awards
  • Established
Sample #3

Used 7-8 oz of water somewhere between there...This is the sweet spot IMO if just straight drinking it.

What flavor did you use today? Vanilla Ice cream
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 9 actually liked it just as much as milk chocolate, would love to mix the two
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? a bit of an after taste, but not too bad
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 10 smooth and creamy literally got it down in
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 10 smell was true to its name vanilla ice cream
On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? Mixed pretty well no floaters or anything
Did you experience any recovery changes? not on the first two samples but i did back bi's and shoulders yesterday until i couldn't lift a thing, not sore at all today besides a little in the lats and lower back. usually can barely get outta bed after back day
Would you be interested in using this product in the future? we already know the answer to this...i wish there was 2 smaller tubs so i could mix the two!

that deal on tuesday better last to friday when i get paid! just saying :)

newbreed

Awards

Vanilla (in 6oz of water) in my 3 in 1 shaker

10: I normally like to use vanilla flavored protein and honestly just tolerated all the previous ones until I tried this one. This flavor as well as the chocolate are ones I look forward to drinking not just for the recovery but for the AMAZING taste. Who needs those unhealthy desserts when you could drink a healthy protein shake that tastes like these do especially with the nice consistency. Like a milk shake even though it was mixed with water. AWESOME JOB on both flavors.

9: Didn't notice any to be honest

10: Wasn't watery like other proteins. Was very creamy which is a bonus.

9: Smell was awesome.

10: Mixed perfectly. No clumps at all despite the small amount of water.

I didn't use any other recovery products the days I used the protein and must admit, I wasn't as sore as I normally was.

HELL YEAH!

USPlabs has come up with another amazing breakthrough in the industry and I know when others try this protein, they won't go back to their other protein. Thanks again for the chance to test out another product. Looking forward to the IC release.

http://youtu.be/1-Pt_8OhJrc

IronANDtest88

Awards

Chocolate

I have to give the taste a 10. By standards of other protein powders i'd have to say this is the best chocolate flavored protein powder i've ever had. So, in the sense of compairing this to others of its kind, It rates number one!!

Again, i'll give it a 10. I didnt notice any after taste so you can't deduct any points!

I'll say a 9. I like the fact that its creamy when you use the reccomended amount of water. To be 100% honest, which is why we're all here, i'd say Muscle Milk has the texture BARELY beat, so one point deduction! Close second!

Again, best aroma of any protein powder I have smelled so it deserves nothing less than a 10!

In a shaker cup it mixes clump free. For the sake of expirementation I tried mixing it by knife in a glass and it did remain a little clumpy. When I take my protein powders to work I have to sometimes mix them by hand so this was a good trial! Because of this I'll give it an 8.

It's only been a day so its unfair to rate this either way. At this point no changes that I can tell. Rating N/A

Very interested. In my short time with this product it already rates as one of the best protein powders i've had!

USPlabs has come up with another amazing breakthrough in the industry and I know when others try this protein, they won't go back to their other protein. Thanks again for the chance to test out another product. Looking forward to the IC release.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://youtu.be/9YLjBv7jE5w Milk Chocolate #2

Taste 10
Mixabillity 9
Aftertaste 10
Smell 10
Texture 8.5
Recovery 9

Would I be interested in this product in the future?.. Absolutely, I will be waiting for the email :)

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aaaand the feedback is pouring in!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor

Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor

How was it Prepared?

Mixed in 7 oz. water using a shaker bottle.

This is not the in-your-face vanilla flavor that I expected. I really like it, it's like a light vanilla with a hint of cheesecake. Rating: 10

None to speak of! Rating: 10

Just like the first shake I made with Milk Chocolate Flavor, the shake was very think, yet even throughout with no clumps. Rating: 10

It smelled sort of like instant pudding mix. Who doesn't like pudding? Rating: 10

The first time that I shook up a sample I over shook it and created a good bit of foam. This time knowing how well this protein mixes, I just gave it a few quick shakes and poured it into the glass, no foam. It looks like that problem was user error! Rating: 10

As soon as I can get my hands on it, both flavors!

Pic after mixing. With just a few shakes it was perfectly mixed and there was no foam, just some bubbles around the side.

After drinking. It reminds me of a stained glass window. No chunks left!

And then there was one... Only one sample remains, Milk Chocolate Flavor. The plan? Unsweetened vanilla almond milk!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome reviews classic
Thank you determinator! One last review for ya...

Milk Chocolate Flavor: Third and Final Trial

Milk Chocolate Flavor

How was it Prepared?

Mixed in ~8.5 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk using a shaker bottle.

Ok, wow. Life. Changing. Flavor and Texture. Super think, which is why I used 8.5 oz. rather than 7 oz like I did with water. I am highly impressed, and I highly recommend that all of you other beta testers give this a shot. Rating: 10, is 11 allowed?

None! Rating: 10

Very thick, like a half melted chocolate milkshake. Rating: 10

Just as good as before, smells like boxed chocolate cake or muffin mix. Rating: 10

In almond milk I had to shake it up a little more than I did with water, but the good news is that with almond milk less foam forms, so it all works out. Once it was thoroughly shaken it was completely mixed. Rating: 10

Yes. All of them. All of the protein tubs...belong to me. I don't plan on sharing. :)

Pics!

Almond milk, 30 cal/8 oz., vanilla flavor, a few grams of good fat/serving. Can't beat it.

This is right after mixing and pouring. Not much for foam or bubbles. In the first pic you can tell how thick it is by noticing how it clings to the side of the glass on the edges.

After drinking, no chunks to be seen.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Milk Chocolate (in 6oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk)

On a scale of 1 - 10, How would you rate the initial taste?

10: I loved it in water, but this was ridiculous. Easily one of the best tasting protein shakes that I've had of any flavor (and I'm not a big chocolate fan).

On a scale of 1 - 10, How would you rate the after taste?

10: I didn't notice one.

On a scale of 1 - 10, How would you rate the texture?

10: Amazing. I couldn't have been happier with the texture. I like a thicker shake and that's exactly what I got... thick, creamy, and delicious.

On a scale of 1 - 10, How would you rate the smell?

9: It smelled great when opening the sample.

On a scale of 1 - 10, How would you rate the mixability?

Too early to judge.

Without question.

I honestly couldn't believe how good Milk Chocolate was in almond milk. It was a struggle to not rip open my final packet and have more immediately.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milk Chocolate Flavor: Trial 2

Milk Chocolate

How was it Prepared?

Mixed in a bowl, adding amount of water. The amount of water was just enough to make it into a pudding-like consistency. I eat my normal protein powder like this every day. I rarely drink them as a shake anymore.

As with the shake this had a very distinct milk chocolate flavor, but more intense. Very good and very true to it's name. Rating: 10

With the flavor being more concentrated I did notice a slight aftertaste of artificial sweeteners. That doesn't bother me at all because that's what I'm used to. A protein powder sweetened with cane sugar would probably just taste weird to me. While it didn't bother me, I have known plenty of people to be the opposite. I don't know, I can't relate. All I can say is that a flavor other than milk chocolate does seem to linger, but it is not unpleasant. Rating: In terms of what I think other people would have to say - 8. If all that mattered were my own preferences - 9.

As expected, I needed to add significantly more water to the bowl of powder make the pudding than I use with plain, thin mixing, whey protein. The texture as expected was very thick and creamy. Good stuff, those qualities make for some good protein sludge. Rating: 10

Restatement what I wrote about the powder in trial 1: "The smell of the powder reminded me of the milk chocolate boxed cake mix that I ALWAYS used to beg for on my birthday as a child." Moving on from that the smell of the sludge was similar to that of the powder. Imagine the smell of a milk chocolate cake mix right before it goes into the oven. Rating: 10

The consistency was even; I did not notice any chunks. I only mixed it until all of the powder was wet, and then for a couple of stirs beyond that. During the process, chunks did not form and once the water was mixed in it was ready to go. Rating: 10

Yes indeed!

Picture: Sludge after a good bit of it was eliminated. Ok, maybe most of it. What...I was hungry and did not want to wait to take a picture before digging in!

hmm... I usually make "protein sludge" with protein powder and peanut butter. I never thought of trying to make it with just water. I am currently on a PSMF diet and you just opened up a whole new world for me! Thanks classic!!!

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
  • What flavor did you use? Chocolate/Vanilla - 2 packets in PWO shake for 2 workouts
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 10
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 10
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 9
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 10
  • On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 9
  • Did you experience any recovery changes? Hard to tell with only 2 shakes, but my recovery was very good with roughly 50g of your protein vs 75-80g of ON
  • Would you be interested in using this product in the future? Definitely
  • Please add other comments that you have. This product tastes great! The chocolate is awesome with not much "protein-ey" taste, despite the addition of some casein (which I LOVE!). You have to give it a few extra shakes for maximum mixability, but that's well worth it for the taste and performance value of everything added in to this stuff. I don't know the quantities yet of the different casein blends, MCT's, etc...but it's a great mix of stuff in there. Considerably less, to no after taste or after effects of drinking this protein. The ON stuff I use usually has me "feeling" like I just drank a shake, this stuff felt like it went right to work. No bloat, no after taste, felt very good after my training sessions with this product. I would buy this protein 100x over buying anything by ON again. Great job USP labs and thanks for the opportunity to try it out!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final package taken today post training. Sad day for that but now only one more day until the IC Release so there's a light at the end of the tunnel!!
Milk Chocolate Flavor
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the initial taste? 10
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the after taste? 10
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the texture? 9
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the smell? 10
•On a scale of 1 – 10, How would you rate the mixability? 8
•Did you experience any recovery changes? Recovery is great with this product
•Would you be interested in using this product in the future? Without a doubt

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Vanilla Ice Cream (in 6oz of water)

10: Awesome job with this. It was smooth, creamy, and reminded me of frosting with a hint of cake batter…I love frosting.

10: None detected

10: Just like the Milk Chocolate, it was great. It had the thickness that I prefer and went down very smooth.

10: I thought of frosting as soon as I tore open the packet.

Nothing stands out at this time.

Absolutley.

vanilla (155x275).jpg
vanilla2 (275x155).jpg
vanilla3 (155x275).jpg
vanilla4 (155x275).jpg

I always try to have some vanilla protein on hand and this will be my new go to product. It had a unique vanilla taste, that I look forward to using in shakes and different recipes. After trying both flavors, tomorrow’s IC release can’t come soon enough.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomorrow is the big day. If you havent signed up for the inner circle yet now is your last chance. Dont miss out!