Sean's PeakBeta+ Log

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks to Molecular Nutrition for letting me log this for them.

Stats:
25 years old
5'9"
212lbs

Meet numbers:
Squat 550
Bench 300
Deadlift 525

Trainjng:
-Powerlifting
-Brandon Lilly's Cube Method
-I train 4x/week rotating Deadlift/Squat/Bench Press/Body Day(make up day)
-I rotate through Heavy/Explosive/Repetition
-It goes in 3, 3 week waves for 9 weeks in which then I will re-establish new maxes
-Currently trying to drop below 210

Starting next Monday I will hopefully be making the shift from raw to single ply lifting in preparations for a September USAPL meet

What I'm looking for out of Peak Beta+ is to be able to push through my workouts easier. My sessions will be longer now because of the equipment so anything I have to help me push through high rep assistance work after my primary movements-I'll take. I also suck at conditioning so lets see how that works!

I take video and post to YouTube the majority of my training and I will post those links here as we'll as my training log attached to my signature.

I will update with each training/conditioning session with a copied outline from my training log as well as anything I have to comment for with the product.

Other supplements:
-iForce Multi/fish oil
-SlinSane v2
-Glucosamine chondroitin
-E-Pharm Joint Force
-MAN PR-XR & Nolvadren XT
-Focus XT on occasion during the day as a caffeine source

Questions for reps or for those who have used a similar supplement:
-It states take 1-2 servings daily DURING periods of intense physical activity....Should I take 1 or 2 servings pre workout?
-Can/Should I combine this with a pre workout? (On hand: Enhanced, Hemavol, Condense) or would you rather me just stick with a caffeine pill? I'm game for whatever

Attachments

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In...should pick up your endurance a lot.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
God knows I need it. I've reduced my caloric intake slightly and I can notice it during my workouts. This should be a good pick-me-up.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You got yours?? WTF.

Edit; I mean obviously you did, it was more a stream of consciousness post.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed and thanks for getting the log up so early, glad it came so quickly!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed and thanks for getting the log up so early, glad it came so quickly!!
Thanks for sending it so quickly! I'm on duty this weekend. We're building a sled for sled pulls so I'll take 4 caps tonight once its made. Lifting tomorrow and will dose again.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on a supp log for Sean. COP is some legit stuff and I think it will benefit you well with how the Cube Method assistance is set up.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Conditioning Day

Tire sled pulls...

x2 @tire+45lbs
x2 @90lbs
x2 @45lbs
x2 @tire weight

The first set were up a very slight incline, then back down. The distance was about 30 yards. I'll mark it out tomorrow. I'm heaving.

Dosed 4 caps around 7pm. Started pulling around 725-730. Nothin to report as of yet. I'm horribly conditioning so nothing will make it easy. I'm accustomed to my assistance work so that's where I'm expecting to see the differences.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method W3 Body Day

Prewo: 1 scoop Gatorade, 4 PeakBeta+, 200mg Caffeine

Warmup: Mini band pull aparts in front and behind head, door frame spider crawl with doubled mini, banded pull downs, push-ups

Close Grip Bench Press w/ Titan Ram
225x10
275x3x2
225x7

Unilateral Standing DB Press
50x10x2
40x15x2

BW Dips/Meadows Rows
x20,18,15,15/ 90x15,15,12,10

Face Pulls/Barbell Curl
65x15x3/70x10x3

Then we pulled the tire..

CG with the Ram torched my triceps. I warmed up doing reps of 8-10 up to 185.

The face pulls were done on a sh1tty cable system so I just focused on a nice controlled movement. Shoulder strength is coming back. 2 weeks ago 10 dips made me burn.

I did 4.5 pulls with the tire. 20 yards each with a heavy mooring line. First pull was with the tire weight. After that we threw 15lbs on. 2 seated, 2 standing, about half the distance in a plank position using lats/triceps to pull.

Post workout: Pizza & Wings

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Conditioning

Sled (tire) pulls
~100ft
Tire weight x 2
+ 45 x 2 x 2
Tire weight x 2 ran backwards
Tire weight x 2

Session got cut shirt due to work. Dosed 8 caps beforehand.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome sled set up, sled training would be PERFECT for testing the endurance benefits of Peak Beta+!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method Week Whatever/Heavy Deads

4" Block Pull
Singles 455/485/505(~95%)

2" Block Pull w/ reverse light bands
525x2x2 (100%)

DB Lunges/GHR (light orange around chest) 40x10x3/ x10x3

DB Rows
110,115.120x10
130x8

BB Shrugs
315x8x2

Today started off horribly mentally. Morning PT at work took a bit out of me.I was hell bent on using the suit and thought I had leaned out enough for it. I couldn't get it over my bubble butt. I'll hold off till the time is right.

I loosely based my primary lift off BL's template he wrote for his testers. The ME days have you using some variation going up to 95-100%. I shut it down at 95% and used the reverse bands as a supplemental lift. The crossfitters had the heavy blues for some reason otherwise I would have liked to pull at 105%+

Hands are shredded from the Texas Powerbar. Video to come in a bit.

Starting the Cube's shirted bench template tomorrow with chained floor press.

Peak Beta notes:
I dosed 8 prewo. It was about an hour until I got to the dumbell rows. I was wore out for lunges and GHR after all the pulls but I seemed to recover quickly from it and I pulled the heaviest dumbells I've had my hands on in a while. Too soon to notice effects from the COP or has it kicked in?

http://youtu.be/Jk4KZc9Swk0

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Almost every single user, myself included, of Peak Beta+ has mentioned noticing potent effects from the first dose which actually surpassed even our expectations for this formula.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good deal then. I don't think I hit it long enough with yesterday's pulls to notice anything. Today though: Struggled for 15 minutes only to give up getting into a DL suit, max pulls, and still finished strong.

Tomorrow I'll dose 4 pre/post like you mentioned in a previous thread.

How long before lifting do you recommend taking them? Typical 20 min for the caps to digest?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method ME Bench
http://youtu.be/BNDVuOXj9Ow

Floor Press w/ 3x20lb chains ea/ side
255x1
285x1
305x1
325x1
335x1 forced fail
335x1

Flat Bench Press, held 1" above chest
185x10x3
135x8 paused 1" above chest

Tate Press with red mini around back
25x15x3
25x12x1

Seated DB Press, full ROM and lockout
50x10x3

Seated DB Cleans
15x alot x3

Banded Tricep Ext, Black onyx mini
x100

Ab Wheel in 40lb vest
X8/8/5

Supplement Notes:
Dosed 4 PeakBeta+ pre/post. Good endurance throughout my entire session. I didn't bog down one bit.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome to hear your endurance is already up, that is one brutal workout. I used to be a lot more into powerlifting routines, so I can appreciate that workout!

As for how long pre, 20-30 minutes is ideal. Realistically, you can take it any time within an hour preWO.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method RE Squat, first suited session http://youtu.be/Dxg8mZYa_MA

Warmup
Foam roll abductor/ITband/hamstring, banded GMs, BW lunges, BW overhead squats

Squat-Straps down (Inzer Hardcore single ply) 225x8
315x8
365x5
405x5 + belt
425x5
455x5 + wraps (2.5M ATP blue arrow)

Front Squat
185x8
205x8
240x8
270x8

Toe Elevated Romanian Deadlift
135x15
225x12
275x12x2

Cable Crunches
135x20x4

Not bad for a first suited session. Form will need work. The weight was light. Battling the suit was hard. First time I've squated that wide, I felt my hips wondering around lookin for parallel, hence the butt dip at 405. Once I watched the video I was able hike the back of the suit up a tad more and I focused on pushing out harder and opening my knees more and that helped.

Longass workout. I put the suit on inside out to get it up my legs, then realized I hiked them up WAY to far. Took it off, sat a few minutes hating myself then put it on right side out and just shimmied around to get the legs up.

No workout tomorrow. OHP/CG incline/rows/lunges on Saturday.

PeakBeta+ Notes:
Took 8 capsules preworkout. Sweated my ass off getting into my suit twice. I had more in my strength wise with the squats, but no energy for the suit I think. Between all of that, spotting my buddy, blah blah blah it was a long long long workout but didnt get too worn out and lose energy.....stuff works!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. I'm hyper skeptical of most supps (and I admit I was skeptical here, too), but I can absolutely tell when I haven't used it. I don't keep the same pace between sets while training, and my conditioning sessions are wrought with LA burn.

I like it.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is nothing like proving your supps work to real athletes and especially to skeptics. I'm very glad to hear you are both liking it!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
COP + LCLT are awesome in the pre-workout window for training performance. Love the stuff for that. :thumbsup:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method 'Body Day'

Warmup
Doubled mini J-Cup walk up and down the rack, doubled mini door frame spider crawl, banded pull downs, push-ups

OHP/Pull-ups
95x15/+25x6
115x12/ x6
135x12/ x6
135x8/BWx8

Incline BB Bench, various grips
135x15x4

Chest support row w/ monster mini attached 140x15/15/14/12

Facepulls/V-Grip Tricep Pushdowns 70x15x5/135x15x5

Hanging Leg Raises 6/6/6/6

My OHP is gradually gettin stronger again. I kept the incline light and just wanted blood moving through my shoulders. I think it's the first time ive fully had a barbell touch my chest since my meet besides those 1" aboves the other day.

BW at wake up 209

PeakBeta+ Notes:
**** :( I forgot the capsules on my kitchen counter and just rocked out Gatorade intra-workout. There's a noticeable difference in my stamina throughout my highish rep work. Halfway through the rows I had the feeling that I was done lifting. I took 4 post workout and will be dosing again for some explosive deadlift work on Monday.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, the weight is falling off bubba.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank man. I still bloat up a few lbs by the end of the day but that doesn't matter. I'm just keeping the majority of carbs pre and post workout with SSv2 and SSv2 with dinner. I've been eating at maitenance or slightly above.

Except for today. Cheesecake Factory...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What did you get at the Cheesecake Factory? There are so many things I love on that menu. :D

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Goin later on or tomorrow for the misses..

I get some buffalo chicken appetizer thing....annnnnd meat loaf!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! I try to get something different every time I go since I don't eat out very often. One of the few times I eat cheesecake too...my sister always wants to go for her b-day and always picks out some insanely ridiculous flavor. :food:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha yup same for me. my mini me likes banana, so looks like it'll be banana cheesecake

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love me some Cheesecake Factory, I usually skip out on the actual cheesecake though as every option on the menu is like a days worth of calories haha.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday

Cube Method Explosive Deads
http://youtu.be/1giNYkcQgOQ

Deadlift w/briefs, 45' between sets
350x2x8

4" Block Pull
460x3x2

Cambered Bar Good Morning, as deep as I could go without blowing chunks
255x8
275x5
295x5
305x5
325x5

SSB Squats
255x8
275x8
295x8
295x4 w/ 4' pause each rep

Was a scheduled day off but I'm unsure if I'll be able to lift the next few days. Good session today.

PeakBeta+ Notes:
I can't tell a difference TOO much during the workout but by the time I got to the SSB I realized I still had the endurance to push weight. It was a significant difference from my Saturday trainin session where I forgot to dose the PeakBeta+

Off day today. Hopefully ME Bench tomorrow, possibly shifted to a 3-board.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday

Cube Method Explosive Deads
http://youtu.be/1giNYkcQgOQ

Deadlift w/briefs, 45' between sets
350x2x8

4" Block Pull
460x3x2

Cambered Bar Good Morning, as deep as I could go without blowing chunks
255x8
275x5
295x5
305x5
325x5

SSB Squats
255x8
275x8
295x8
295x4 w/ 4' pause each rep

Was a scheduled day off but I'm unsure if I'll be able to lift the next few days. Good session today.

PeakBeta+ Notes:
I can't tell a difference TOO much during the workout but by the time I got to the SSB I realized I still had the endurance to push weight. It was a significant difference from my Saturday trainin session where I forgot to dose the PeakBeta+

Off day today. Hopefully ME Bench tomorrow, possibly shifted to a 3-board.
That is great to hear, I too notice quite a difference.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method -First Shirted Bench Session

3-Board Bench Press
275x5
295x3
315x2
335x1
355x1
365x1

DB Bench
100x8x3

Pendlay Rows
185x12x4

DB Cleans/Dips with Titan Ram 20x15x4/+90x8x3

Tate Press 30x15x3

Cable Crunches
135x20x4

Bench shirts suck. I'm down with thigh chafe but armpit chafe blows. 315-355 was surprisingly easy. I have to get used to controlling the weight after the unrack though as I'm not used to the load. Decent was tight and ascent was fast. 365 was slow. I had it unracked and pulled the weight out. As I got it where I wanted it the bar drafted back and I had to pull it over my chest again before I descended the bar. Lockout was slow as molasses. Any good shirt recommendations? When I return my Inzer belt I'm just going to spend that money on a quality shirt to compete with.

Dips with the Titan Ram were...different. Started out easy as hell and lockout sucked big time. Will keep these in the toolbox

PeakBeta+ Notes:
Endurance is up. I said it before and I'll say it again. Normally I'll become fatigued by the time those rows were done with. I felt "fresh" still and no problems carrying on.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very cool to hear you are fresh for the whole session, that is huge as you have to be spot on when handling some of those insane weights!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube ME Squat
http://youtu.be/otoXyTAY6e8

Squat-Suit, straps down
455x1
505x1
535x1
565x1
585x1 shallow enough for a red light

DB lunges/GHR
50x12x2/8:8:8

Took me an hour to get through the squats and my time got cut shorter than planned. I'll hit up a little extra work Saturday on my makeup day. Its hard to hit depth....Other than that, my walkout was still shaky but I steadied myself out faster. No butt dip occurred today at least. I'll be doing some more reverse band work to get used to the load.

Supplement notes: I dosed 8 caps prewo and 1 scoop of Enhanced. Though I was fatigued from the squats and not in the mood for heavy assistance work, I still had it in me to continue on more than I did-if I didn't have to go home and play daddy.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats a solid preWO stack right there

Thanks for including the video, thats a cool lift I hadnt heard of before!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method Body Day

OHP 135x8x3
105x8x2 <-Klokov

CG Bench
185x8x3
185x12x2 + Titan Ram

Dips/Pull-ups
BWx15x3/+25x5x2, BWx7

Meadows Rows
65+30lb chain
x12x4

Snatch Grip Pulls
315x8x3

Shoulder Prehab: doubled mini door frame spider walk, mini band pull aparts x a lot

Dosed 8 caps prewo.

Dosed 4 caps yesterday for core work & conditioning.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was doing both of those two prehab movements when rehabbing my shoulders. I used to get terrible shoulder pain most days I would train, now it is thankfully a rarity.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was doing both of those two prehab movements when rehabbing my shoulders. I used to get terrible shoulder pain most days I would train, now it is thankfully a rarity.
I hear ya man. My shoulder was all sorts of jacked. Increased shoulder movements, increased upper back movements and prehab movements 3x a week and it's better.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya man. My shoulder was all sorts of jacked. Increased shoulder movements, increased upper back movements and prehab movements 3x a week and it's better.
Very cool, for me a lot of it was just restructuring my programs. I was going heavy all the time and am seeing better results now in my physique and the way I feel (no joint soreness) by mixing in high reps more often.

Of course, that isnt quite as applicable for you as your primary aim is powerlifting, but the variety never hurts and in this case even helps alleviate the hurt!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube RE Deads

Deadlift w/ briefs
455x3x3

4" Block Pull w/ briefs
475x3x2

Oly Stance Cambered Bar Squat
255x8x3

GHR
x10x4

Back Raises

I've been informed by my Doc that I'm no longer allowed to take any sort of stimulants. I'll be heavily dependent on PeakBeta+ now. Good thing it does it's job

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully everything is ok re: the trip to the doc. Looks like you are still healthy judging by that workout!

Sounds like a very good move to drop the stims upon the doctors orders, and its a good thing Peak Beta+ is a solid stim free pre.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method 2-Board Bench

Warmup: Supple Leopardness, push-ups, pull aparts, banded pull downs

Shirted 2-Board Bench
Reps working up to 315x3x2

Weighted Dips
+35lb x 15x4, BWx20

DB Rows 100x12x4

Facepulls, held each rep
45x15x4

BB OHP/Standing alternating DB curls 135x8x3/30x15x3

What a crap day. Felt like I drug ass all day long. I didn't realize how caffeine defendant I was and I felt it effect my workout. I never fully woke up until the rows. Just a blah feeling. The bruised feeling on my rib is still there so that didnt help my bench out either.. Oh well. Every lift day can't be awesome.....unless its squat day.

Though I didn't have a kick in the ass to get myself up and lift, once I got some blood moving through me I stuck with it. I may not have had the slap in the face caffeine kick as a prewo has, but PeakBeta still supplied me with the endurance to push through and finish feeling better than I had started. I noticed becoming less fatigued from high rep movements.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
O man thats a rough transition, as a stim guy I would hate to have to go cold turkey!! Sounds like the Peak Beta+ is helping ease that burden a little, within a week or two tops Im sure your body should be well adjusted.

Are you getting caffeine withdrawl headaches?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
O man thats a rough transition, as a stim guy I would hate to have to go cold turkey!! Sounds like the Peak Beta+ is helping ease that burden a little, within a week or two tops Im sure your body should be well adjusted.

Are you getting caffeine withdrawl headaches?
Just lethargy. I'm fine up until lunch then I drag ass all day.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube Method Pause Squats

Squats-Raw, no wraps no belt
440x2x5, 5 sec in the hole

Cambered Bar Good Mornings
215x10x4

Unilateral Leg Press
180x15x4

Standing Cable Crunches
190x12x2

Standing Band Crunches, EFS light
x25x2

What a crap day. Everything felt heavy and sluggish. I got through the reps just fine but my motivation and focus was completely absent. I'll make up for it next week I'm hoping.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just lethargy. I'm fine up until lunch then I drag ass all day.
Ya Im a big cup of coffee around lunch time guy then superpump or a comparable preWO before lifting most days.

The good thing is getting readujusted from caffeine only takes 1 week for a lot of people so you are already a good portion of the way there. Id say 10 days from now youll be completely fine throughout the day and actually feel better as you dont rely on stims.

Gotta see the upside :)